1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Ignition

Ignition Why are the angry characters always the best ones?

I hope Skull is constantly making trouble on Poni which leads to a Po Town arc

04n70n10 likes this.
  2. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Considering Plumeria is showing up, this is highly likely.

3. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

With Plumeria showing up, that implies a Team Skull related arc, possibly.

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, as Galactic, Plasma (post-earthquake), and Flare all took around 90-100 episodes before they became main antagonists.

04n70n10 likes this.
  4. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Except there was some (good) foreshadowing for something big with these teams. I doubt it'll be the case for Team Skull, but have Plumeria finally stepping in it's a true bless.

It isn't Guzma, and assuming he could not appear (doubtful, but not impossible), I'm fine if Plumeria does assume as Team Skull's leader for this. Maybe representing the Skulls at the league, everything is game. I'm sure glad for someone really interesting appearing by this point than for the last trial.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  5. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

Finally Plumeria is going to make her debut. Expecting her to be the big sister type like she is in the games and cares for the usual trio of grunts.

6. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I just want them to interact with the TRio again.

It's real annoying TR vs TS was their only interaction.... any episode Team Skull appears in, they're always absent! Apart from that episode where only James stupidly appeared anyways.

7. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

It's annoying because they had a far more entertaining chemistry with each other than they usually do the twerps. Hell I'd love another 'evil vs evil' rivalry like against Plasma, only more on the comical side this time of course.

04n70n10 likes this.
  8. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

If Kahili does appear in the SM anime, it might be interesting if they gave her some sort of connection to the hotel manager Viren. They could either be related by making Viren Kahili’s father, or they could be business rivals since Kahili’s family runs the “Hano Grand Resort” in the games & Viren owns the “Rainbow Happy Resorts.”

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  9. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Crazy idea, but what if Professor Kukui turns out to be Ash's estranged father?

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  10. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Rufus is the best Kim Possible character

Unlikely. Also, wouldn't his mother have, you know, said something the times she came to visit?

Lightning Bolt likes this.
  11. RedJirachi

Maybe she's saving the big surprise once Ash and Kukui are close enough, so he can be prepared for it. Canonically, it's hinted that Ash hasn't really seen his father much

12. JC317

JC317 Active Member

According to Shudo's novel adaptation, Ash's father abandoned the family just after Ash was born. Understandably, she was quite upset and vowed to ignore Ash's father even if he came back. However, she never actually divorced Ash's father. Meaning that if Kukui was indeed Ash's father, he would be practicing bigamy, which I would assume is a crime in the Pokemon world. Of course, it would certainly be a big surprise for Ash to find out he suddenly has a stepmother... (On the other hand, such a reveal could be material for the supposed emotional episode happening in the near future)

In addition, in Shudo's novel adaptation, Ash also promised his mother before leaving on his journey that he would not end up like his father. So it is probably safe to say that Ash does not hold his father in high regard.

However, it is worth mentioning that what's written in the novel adaptation is only Shudo's original intention for Ash's father, so who knows if the Pokemon anime team has decided to do something different after 20 years...

13. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

They don't even acknowledge shudõ novel other then aspects of trios. So i highly doubt that they know that books even exists as the novelization doesn't even past the volume 2

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  14. RedJirachi

He wouldn't be practicing bigamy if him and Delia already separated

15. 04n70n10

04n70n10 Well-Known Member

Well, as far as i remember:
    Dawn: Dad missing
    Iris: Parents missing
    Serena: Dad missing
    Clemont and Bonnie: Mother missing

Only May (and in general SM cast) had the family "complete", and mostly because Norman had a "prominent" role in the games as a gym leader.

I don't think there is a particular reason behind this pattern, probably for writers is more convenient to have only one of the parents most of the time.

16. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

You know, I too thought about that theory of Kukui being Ash's dad but I think it was doomed to fail the moment they introduced Burnett in the anime.

Also, if I recall correctly Hikada - a staff on Battle Frontier - said Ash's dad and grandad were in a journey and they'd bring the dad up when they feel they did to develop Ash a bit more.

Redstar45 likes this.
  17. Redstar45

Redstar45 A champion of kind heart !

Like i said it is good thing yet as Satoshi grow little bit more before they decide to bring grandfather and father in .

18. lolipiece

lolipiece ウソです3: スイレンの逆襲 Staff Member Moderator

We have the next poster. Source.

[​IMG]

No team spoilers (or any kind of spoiler), but it has that sense of finality to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  19. Ignition

Ignition Why are the angry characters always the best ones?

If they were going for referencing the final scene of Alola (the first SM theme song) where Ash, Pikachu, & Rotom are looking at the sunset, I like it

20. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

I guess this poster is going to have to have to be around a while if it's the final one, which seems to be the case, unless it's the penultimate one before a poster about the league and/or a big arc right before the end.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.