• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Finally Plumeria is going to make her debut. Expecting her to be the big sister type like she is in the games and cares for the usual trio of grunts.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Skull is constantly making trouble on Poni which leads to a Po Town arc

I just want them to interact with the TRio again.

It's real annoying TR vs TS was their only interaction.... any episode Team Skull appears in, they're always absent! Apart from that episode where only James stupidly appeared anyways.

DatsRight

I just want them to interact with the TRio again.

It's real annoying TR vs TS was their only interaction.... any episode Team Skull appears in, they're always absent! Apart from that episode where only James stupidly appeared anyways.

It's annoying because they had a far more entertaining chemistry with each other than they usually do the twerps. Hell I'd love another 'evil vs evil' rivalry like against Plasma, only more on the comical side this time of course.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
What Happenned to Kahili in SM Anime?
If Kahili does appear in the SM anime, it might be interesting if they gave her some sort of connection to the hotel manager Viren. They could either be related by making Viren Kahili’s father, or they could be business rivals since Kahili’s family runs the “Hano Grand Resort” in the games & Viren owns the “Rainbow Happy Resorts.”

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Crazy idea, but what if Professor Kukui turns out to be Ash's estranged father?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Crazy idea, but what if Professor Kukui turns out to be Ash's estranged father?
Unlikely. Also, wouldn't his mother have, you know, said something the times she came to visit?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Unlikely. Also, wouldn't his mother have, you know, said something the times she came to visit?
Maybe she's saving the big surprise once Ash and Kukui are close enough, so he can be prepared for it. Canonically, it's hinted that Ash hasn't really seen his father much

JC317

Maybe she's saving the big surprise once Ash and Kukui are close enough, so he can be prepared for it. Canonically, it's hinted that Ash hasn't really seen his father much

According to Shudo's novel adaptation, Ash's father abandoned the family just after Ash was born. Understandably, she was quite upset and vowed to ignore Ash's father even if he came back. However, she never actually divorced Ash's father. Meaning that if Kukui was indeed Ash's father, he would be practicing bigamy, which I would assume is a crime in the Pokemon world. Of course, it would certainly be a big surprise for Ash to find out he suddenly has a stepmother... (On the other hand, such a reveal could be material for the supposed emotional episode happening in the near future)

In addition, in Shudo's novel adaptation, Ash also promised his mother before leaving on his journey that he would not end up like his father. So it is probably safe to say that Ash does not hold his father in high regard.

However, it is worth mentioning that what's written in the novel adaptation is only Shudo's original intention for Ash's father, so who knows if the Pokemon anime team has decided to do something different after 20 years...

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
According to Shudo's novel adaptation, Ash's father abandoned the family just after Ash was born. Understandably, she was quite upset and vowed to ignore Ash's father even if he came back. However, she never actually divorced Ash's father. Meaning that if Kukui was indeed Ash's father, he would be practicing bigamy, which I would assume is a crime in the Pokemon world. Of course, it would certainly be a big surprise for Ash to find out he suddenly has a stepmother... (On the other hand, such a reveal could be material for the supposed emotional episode happening in the near future)

In addition, in the Shudo's novel adaptation, Ash also promised his mother before leaving on his journey that he would not end up like his father. So it is probably safe to say that Ash does not hold his father in high regard.

However, it is worth mentioning that what's written in the novel adaptation is only Shudo's original intention for Ash's father, so who knows if the Pokemon anime team has decided to do something different after 20 years...
They don't even acknowledge shudõ novel other then aspects of trios. So i highly doubt that they know that books even exists as the novelization doesn't even past the volume 2

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
He wouldn't be practicing bigamy if him and Delia already separated

04n70n10

Well, as far as i remember:
Dawn: Dad missing
Iris: Parents missing
Serena: Dad missing
Clemont and Bonnie: Mother missing

Only May (and in general SM cast) had the family "complete", and mostly because Norman had a "prominent" role in the games as a gym leader.

I don't think there is a particular reason behind this pattern, probably for writers is more convenient to have only one of the parents most of the time.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
You know, I too thought about that theory of Kukui being Ash's dad but I think it was doomed to fail the moment they introduced Burnett in the anime.

Also, if I recall correctly Hikada - a staff on Battle Frontier - said Ash's dad and grandad were in a journey and they'd bring the dad up when they feel they did to develop Ash a bit more.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Like i said it is good thing yet as Satoshi grow little bit more before they decide to bring grandfather and father in .

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
We have the next poster. Source.

DwrjGxPUUAArC5t.jpg

No team spoilers (or any kind of spoiler), but it has that sense of finality to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I guess this poster is going to have to have to be around a while if it's the final one, which seems to be the case, unless it's the penultimate one before a poster about the league and/or a big arc right before the end.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
wait, so that is replacing the post-necrozma poster? Disappointed, I was expecting more (also, what do those words say?). Heh, what if ash ends up releasing all of his team and that's why he's alone with pikachu here?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
We have the next poster. Source.

DwrjGxPUUAArC5t.jpg

No team spoilers (or any kind of spoiler), but it has that sense of finality to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the last one.

What does the text in the part with the sky is saying?

Anyway, it's a fitting poster for the what's pretty much the final year of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.