• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Just a nice statement about how they're together, even on vacation.
The fact that Alola is considered a vacation for them would explain the lack of battles, abundance of SoL, and general laid back and comedic tone. And might mean a more traditional return to format in the next region

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Like i said it is good thing yet as Satoshi grow little bit more before they decide to bring grandfather and father in .
That's the reason I want him to appear. Well, one, the other being to finally put that mystery to rest.

Well, as far as i remember:
Dawn: Dad missing
Iris: Parents missing
Serena: Dad missing
Clemont and Bonnie: Mother missing

Only May (and in general SM cast) had the family "complete", and mostly because Norman had a "prominent" role in the games as a gym leader.

I don't think there is a particular reason behind this pattern, probably for writers is more convenient to have only one of the parents most of the time.

Is that also the reason why Deku's father from My Hero Academia never appears?

04n70n10

Is that also the reason why Deku's father from My Hero Academia never appears?

Who knows, sometimes it seems that writers simply don't want to bring on the entire family in order to avoid "unnecessary complications"... but for My Hero Academia maybe there is still some hope in that regard, in the future.

Instead in Pokémon.... we didn't have really any "teasing" so far, Ash's dad and grandfather are mentioned really only in the second episode of the anime (or so).

Writer so far only said:
Hidaka (long ago) said that Ash's father might eventually appear, especially if the show's producers felt that the character needed to "grow".
Add this statement: Ash will be forever 10 years old.

Make your own conclusions.....................

RedJirachi

Veteran member
That just gives more reason why I want this to happen

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Let's see about the events that should happen before Alola ends:

+ Ash has to complete his last Grand Trial.
+ We have Alola Pokemon League.
+ Pokemon School's Graduation, and Ash's classmates will probably become "Gym Leaders" for the next Pokemon League.
+ Some Ultra-Guardians' missions more. We still have to see Kartana and Pheromosa.
+ The arc with Team Rainbow Rocket. If it doesn't happen this Generation, then maybe for the next one.

What do you think?

JC317

+ Pokemon School's Graduation, and Ash's classmates will probably become "Gym Leaders" for the next Pokemon League.

Other than Kiawe, I really don't see any of Ash's other classmates having strong enough Pokemon to act as gym leaders, although it is possible for Sophocles and Lana to receive power ups in the near future

Kintaro

Banned
Other than Kiawe, I really don't see any of Ash's other classmates having strong enough Pokemon to act as gym leaders, although it is possible for Sophocles and Lana to receive power ups in the near future

It's not like Gym leaders have to be that strong, and Lana and Sophocles do seem to be getting power ups. But Kiawe is clearly the best battler of the SM cast in general.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It's not like Gym leaders have to be that strong, and Lana and Sophocles do seem to be getting power ups. But Kiawe is clearly the best battler of the SM cast in general.
kukui is technically part of the SM cast

Vipsoccermaster

...Or they could just become Captains, like they are in the games? Why does Alola need Gym Leaders?
This is more like it in Alola. When the series started, there are no Trial Captains at all. Now Ash's classmates could graduate and then become Captains for the respective areas from the games. It kind of feels like the Sun & Moon anime takes place before the games of Sun & Moon take place.

JC317

...Or they could just become Captains, like they are in the games? Why does Alola need Gym Leaders?

I mean, it's just semantics at this point. Both trial captains and gym leaders would have the same role in the Alola Pokemon League Professor Kukui is establishing: to judge whether the challenger has proven their worth to acquire the gym badges or z crystals needed to participate in the league. Whether it's by gathering ingredients in a forest, by playing spot the difference on a volcano, or by taking pictures in an abandoned supermarket. If that's the case, then yeah, the lack of battling abilities in the trial captains/gym leaders would not be a huge concern.

At that point, the only qualification might be to gain the recognition of the Totem Pokemon of their trial. In that case, only Kiawe and Lana have done so, with Mallow possibly getting a pass since she was also with Ash during his trial with Totem Lurantis.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
This is more like it in Alola. When the series started, there are no Trial Captains at all. Now Ash's classmates could graduate and then become Captains for the respective areas from the games. It kind of feels like the Sun & Moon anime takes place before the games of Sun & Moon take place.
How would you explain things like Gladion already having Type:Null if it was a sequel

Lightning Bolt

I mean, it's just semantics at this point. Both trial captains and gym leaders would have the same role in the Alola Pokemon League Professor Kukui is establishing: to judge whether the challenger has proven their worth to acquire the gym badges or z crystals needed to participate in the league. Whether it's by gathering ingredients in a forest, by playing spot the difference on a volcano, or by taking pictures in an abandoned supermarket. If that's the case, then yeah, the lack of battling abilities in the trial captains/gym leaders would not be a huge concern.

At that point, the only qualification might be to gain the recognition of the Totem Pokemon of their trial. In that case, only Kiawe and Lana have done so, with Mallow possibly getting a pass since she was also with Ash during his trial with Totem Lurantis.
Tbh, only Lana have do so. Neither Totem Salazzle nor Marowak appeared in the anime. So Kiawe just got recognition from Kahuna Olivia, while Lana got recognition from both. Not sure about Mallow either. She helped Ash to gather ingredients in Lush Jungle, but she never really battled against Totem Lurantis, so I don't know if she got recognition from the Totem in first place. I would prefer if Mallow fought against the Lurantis Totem, got the Grassium-Z and the Totem recognition.

Ayush nair

There might be some sort of connectivity wtith gen 8 anime as kanto johto hoenn sinnoh was connected unova has a link with kalos ,alola seems to have a link

Sun and moon anime is concluding November this year with 30 - 34 episodes remaining with 5 episodes for final trial, 8 episodes for league , 4-5 episodes for another ultra beast arc with team skull, another 5 for development , another final 7 - 10 episodes for ashs classmate becoming gym leaders graduation liilie travelling with ash to kanto

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
There might be some sort of connectivity wtith gen 8 anime as kanto johto hoenn sinnoh was connected unova has a link with kalos ,alola seems to have a link

Sun and moon anime is concluding November this year with 30 - 34 episodes remaining with 5 episodes for final trial, 8 episodes for league , 4-5 episodes for another ultra beast arc with team skull, another 5 for development , another final 7 - 10 episodes for ashs classmate becoming gym leaders graduation liilie travelling with ash to kanto
I would prefer if Lillie go with Ash to gen 8 region

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't think that is the case. The anime and games have almost always been separate.

DatsRight

Tbh, only Lana have do so. Neither Totem Salazzle nor Marowak appeared in the anime. So Kiawe just got recognition from Kahuna Olivia, while Lana got recognition from both. Not sure about Mallow either. She helped Ash to gather ingredients in Lush Jungle, but she never really battled against Totem Lurantis, so I don't know if she got recognition from the Totem in first place. I would prefer if Mallow fought against the Lurantis Totem, got the Grassium-Z and the Totem recognition.

It would have been neat if Mallow got to catch a Fomantis during that episode, thus getting to do something without interfering with Ash's trial per se. Giving her a new Pokemon might have also increased her agency, especially since its blade hands could give it a more blatant use in the kitchen than Tsareena has demonstrated, and Fomantis could have taken over as the 'baby' in her group since Steenee was by then evolved (the newer episodes seem to be keeping to Tsareena being kind of aloof from the other Pokemon playing around as well, a 'baby sibling' team mate could have maintained some sort of connection).

I would prefer if Lillie go with Ash to gen 8 region

I'd love that too, even if it's very unlikely. Having at least one SM companion continue their story in another series would at least also moderate the cast balance for this season a little.

Kintaro

Banned
No companion will ever last more than one series. Every time a new saga starts people always think the female companion will continue into the next one, dating back to May/Dawn then Iris, then Serena, etc. It'll never happen again. Misty just got lucky that Johto was considered part of the OS and there weren't any girls from the games to replace her with yet.

ShadowForce720

No companion will ever last more than one series. Every time a new saga starts people always think the female companion will continue into the next one, dating back to May/Dawn then Iris, then Serena, etc. It'll never happen again. Misty just got lucky that Johto was considered part of the OS and there weren't any girls from the games to replace her with yet.

Well hey I'm pretty sure people said the same thing about the idea of Ash meeting Misty and Brock again and yet they wound up showing up in 4 episodes of Sun and Moon. Sure we haven't have it happened yet but that doesn't mean that it will never happen again, as long as the pokemon series is still going there is going to remain a chance that at some point we will see a companion travel through more then one region with Ash. Plus I'm pretty sure if we look at it some of the things that X&Y and Sun and Moon has done are things that before those series happened some people would have said those things would never happen, and yet they happened.

Now looking at the SM cast the one that seems best positioned to go with Ash to the next region is Lillie, because she hasn't decided on a dream yet and it seems like there are a lot of things they could do to still develop her, I'm not saying that it's guaranteed that Lillie will go to the next region with Ash and that something won't come up to prevent her from going, however it is interesting that they are mainly focus on Lillie herself and her Alolan Vulpix and less focus on giving her a dream and more pokemon.

Kintaro

Banned
I very much doubt a characters number of pokemon implies anything about their future. People said the same of Serena when she only had 3 pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.