• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

Team Rocket's Pokemon are strong! HAHAHAHA! Oh wait you're serious. Let me laugh even harder. HAHAHAHAHA.

Really it's really hard to tell how strong Mimikyu and Mereanie are because they barely appear in the series. Even though they have Z move at their call, they are not really using them. If Team Rocket trained their Pokemon instead of beveling they can win without that. They are not gonna win or steal anything at all. This is why I think Team Rocket in XY are better because they don't have a short less on them.

Not that they are strong but they are in an awkward position where they are actually trying harder to get stronger than most of the twerps but they are still required to get thrashed by them, so they have to mishandle their better resources. By all logic they could likely just have Mareanie use a Black Hole Eclipse on anyone but Ash and Kiawe and that'd probably win.

XY at least had the excuse that they hadn't had a change up since the start of the series while the twerps got more and more Pokemon and tune ups, of course they'd naturally get surpassed, they actually lampshaded how futile it was by the time Ash had become a LEAGUE FINALIST. I mean that still makes them absolutely pointless as antagonists, but it makes some reason WHY they are pointless.

In SM most of the twerps are stagnant for the large part, ironically the only one that regularly gets team changes is the only guy they manage to remotely put on the ropes at times. Hard work hardly works indeed.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Team Rocket has been great this series in terms of what we got of them, but it's what they didn't do that's disappointing. I like that they don't show up every episode, and even have a lot of episodes where they just cameo/aren't actually trying to do anything wrong, since it makes them feel fresh (relatively speaking) when they do show up. But I wish their pokemon actually got used more in the appearances they DO get. I was hyped for Mimikyu and Mareanie early on, but even when they "fight" Ash and co. (usually just Ash though) they've usually got a mech or just wait to get zapped/carried away. Early on we saw Mimikyu and Pikachu sparring along with Maranie fighting the others, but we barely see those 2 anymore.

I love them too. I agree on the Pokemon usage, especially with poor Mareanie. Seems like she barely shows up... on the off chance they actually get to use their Pokemon, 80% of the time it's just Mimikyu and no Mareanie.

But I hate that we go 10 episodes without them, go episodes without classmates or Kukui too if you're gonna do that. Keep the TRio in the background and just doing oddjobs like they did in OS-DP, not every episode they're in has to involve kidnapping Pikachu(Though TRio haters can't seem to get that through their thick skulls -_- )
And I dislike how they set up a TRio and Skull rivalry..... and then they never met or interacted again. In fact they never appear in the same episode apart from that one where James stupidly appeared by himself for no reason but he didn't interact with Skull.
And Darknium just felt pointless, same with the TRio's z-ring. Why bother? They haven't done anything with it apart from the Ghost trial.... and that was Jessie, not James. When is he going to do something with it?!

p96822

Evolve me please
Not that they are strong but they are in an awkward position where they are actually trying harder to get stronger than most of the twerps but they are still required to get thrashed by them, so they have to mishandle their better resources. By all logic they could likely just have Mareanie use a Black Hole Eclipse on anyone but Ash and Kiawe and that'd probably win.

XY at least had the excuse that they hadn't had a change up since the start of the series while the twerps got more and more Pokemon and tune ups, of course they'd naturally get surpassed, they actually lampshaded how futile it was by the time Ash had become a LEAGUE FINALIST. I mean that still makes them absolutely pointless as antagonists, but it makes some reason WHY they are pointless.

In SM most of the twerps are stagnant for the large part, ironically the only one that regularly gets team changes is the only guy they manage to remotely put on the ropes at times. Hard work hardly works indeed.

Team Rocket doesn't care if your a champion or not. They would still steal Pokemon no matter who the person was. Okay Ash is a running up in the Pokemon League, but that mean dittly squat to Team Rocket because they would try to steal from him anyway. It show Team Rocket had the guts to steal from Ash even though he is in the high position in the Pokemon League.

DatsRight

But that doesn't change the fact they're pointless facing off against the twerps at that stance. There's plenty outclassed villains in fiction, but most of them have an entertaining chemistry with the protagonists from it, Team Rocket don't even have that. Most of the time they even use the EXACT SAME DIALOGUE word for word. There's NO appeal to them being their enemies, as good as they are as standalone characters.

There's a reason people like the twerps and Team Rocket's individual limelight but tend to dread whenever they meet up and fight, they are rarely ever interesting as opponents for each other. We don't get a good fight, but we don't get a fight that's anti climatic enough to be funny. It's just a monotonous by-the-numbers anime beatdown with stock quotes each time.

Last edited:

p96822

Evolve me please
It's more of Team Rocket's job to steal Pokemon. Really interacting with Ash and his friends really have no propose beside the time they have to face off a common enemy or a common goal. The only reason why Team Rocket battle Ash and his friends because they need to fend of the twerp from getting their Pokemon back. It mostly of Team Rocket doing there jobs and that mostly it.

DatsRight

It's more of Team Rocket's job to steal Pokemon. Really interacting with Ash and his friends really have no propose beside the time they have to face off a common enemy or a common goal. The only reason why Team Rocket battle Ash and his friends because they need to fend of the twerp from getting their Pokemon back. It mostly of Team Rocket doing there jobs and that mostly it.

But it doesn't hurt to. At least they'd contribute to the premise that way. It's the same reason people aren't interested in loads of COTD or underdeveloped companions that don't have an integral role nor supply any entertaining chemistry with the rest of the cast. They're dead weight and the plot usually has to stop just to let them do their shtick. Why avoid having Team Rocket immerse with the rest of the show more depthfully?

p96822

Evolve me please
Team Rocket can still play a role in the series, but them having any chemesty with the group is not need anymore like in the past. I mean Team Rocket can move the story along without interacting with the kids

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Team Rocket can still play a role in the series, but them having any chemesty with the group is not need anymore like in the past. I mean Team Rocket can move the story along without interacting with the kids
but would that be interesting to watch?
Anyways, I think we should get back on topic, so, when do you think hau will return?

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
but would that be interesting to watch?
Anyways, I think we should get back on topic, so, when do you think hau will return?
Hopefully he will be there for the league announcement, I think we will find out who will be the main participants of the league then too.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Based on the past few seasons, I'm kind of hoping for a special Sun & Moon OVA after Ash leaves with Clemont & Bonnie visiting Alola and end up spending time with Sophocles & Kiawe.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
The classmates inclusion in the league is fitting and a nice wrap-up to their “battling” growth throughout S&M. They started off the series being intimidated by three weak Team Skull grunts and not even trying to fend them off while leaving the battling to Kaki and Satoshi. Then Lillie was allowed to obtain her first victory by remembering Satoshi’s actions about Pokemon and trainer trusting one another along with teaching Shiron two new moves for the sled competition and fighting alongside Sand to defeat Bangiras. Suiren won her fishing battle and got a Z-Ring alongside a Ashirene-Z later on.

Amakaji evolved twice in dire situations and got to display how stronger she had become by destroying the Persian that a Nyabby/Pikachu struggled with. Mamane worked toward evolving Denjimushi and uses Togedemaru’s Lightingrod in the suitable ways. We later got the Kanto arc. with them having test battles against Takeshi and Kasumi. In the sleepover episode they are inspired by Kaki and Satoshi to continue their training from Kanto which leads to them going to Ultra Space and working together to defeat Lusamine’s Pokemon. Then of course that leads to them being inaugurated as Ultra Guardians.

The league is a free-for-all ingame so it makes sense. Have a feeling this league will end with the creation of “Trial Captains” who work alongside Kahuna and Mao, Mamane, Kaki, Acerola, Illima, Suiren, etc. will be inducted in as such due to their showings. That leaves Lillie deciding to journey off to Kanto as her wrap-up.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Since anyone can enter the Pokémon League, who else do you think will compete besides Ash, his friends, Hau & Gladion?

While I’m hoping that they’ll bring back Ilima & Acerola, I’d also like it if they included some of the recurring characters & COTDs like Pikala, Horacio, or the Revengers to show off all of the characters we’ve met throughout Sun & Moon.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Since anyone can enter the Pokémon League, who else do you think will compete besides Ash, his friends, Hau & Gladion?

While I’m hoping that they’ll bring back Ilima & Acerola, I’d also like it if they included some of the recurring characters & COTDs like Pikala, Horacio, or the Revengers to show off all of the characters we’ve met throughout Sun & Moon.
Kasumi vs. Suiren, when?

But really Kasumi returning for a third time, Suiren winning and getting an official Blue Badge at the league would be sick. I know Kaki wanted a rematch against Takeshi.

DatsRight

The classmates inclusion in the league is fitting and a nice wrap-up to their “battling” growth throughout S&M. They started off the series being intimidated by three weak Team Skull grunts and not even trying to fend them off while leaving the battling to Kaki and Satoshi. Then Lillie was allowed to obtain her first victory by remembering Satoshi’s actions about Pokemon and trainer trusting one another along with teaching Shiron two new moves for the sled competition and fighting alongside Sand to defeat Bangiras. Suiren won her fishing battle and got a Z-Ring alongside a Ashirene-Z later on.

Amakaji evolved twice in dire situations and got to display how stronger she had become by destroying the Persian that a Nyabby/Pikachu struggled with. Mamane worked toward evolving Denjimushi and uses Togedemaru’s Lightingrod in the suitable ways. We later got the Kanto arc. with them having test battles against Takeshi and Kasumi. In the sleepover episode they are inspired by Kaki and Satoshi to continue their training from Kanto which leads to them going to Ultra Space and working together to defeat Lusamine’s Pokemon. Then of course that leads to them being inaugurated as Ultra Guardians.

The league is a free-for-all ingame so it makes sense. Have a feeling this league will end with the creation of “Trial Captains” who work alongside Kahuna and Mao, Mamane, Kaki, Acerola, Illima, Suiren, etc. will be inducted in as such due to their showings. That leaves Lillie deciding to journey off to Kanto as her wrap-up.

Truthfully I think ANY series besides SM would have placed more relevance into the other characters battling in the league. Only Kiawe got some palpable degree of battle and training limelight. I have no problems with the league being an "all-star" competition, but suddenly placing everyone on Ash's level after maybe two or three villain curb stomps the entire series would be a complete cop-out and undermine all his efforts way more than losing to a well experienced rival.

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
According to Bulbapedia all the classmates have confirmed their participation for the league. That is amazing.

Ash, Kiawe, Lillie, Mallow, Lana, Hau, Sophocles, Kukui, Guzma, Gladion, Ilima, Acerola, Mina, Viren, Horacio, Ida, Nina, Pikarla, Kahili may all participate in the League.

I could see Misty and Brock returning and helping in some way, maybe hosting the Alola League Conference.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Truthfully I think ANY series besides SM would have placed more relevance into the other characters battling in the league. Only Kiawe got some palpable degree of battle and training limelight. I have no problems with the league being an "all-star" competition, but suddenly placing everyone on Ash's level after maybe two or three villain curb stomps the entire series would be a complete cop-out and undermine all his efforts way more than losing to a well experienced rival.
Who says they’re going to be on Satoshi’s level? The league is open to everyone and anyone so everyone competes.

Status
Not open for further replies.