• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

If we get a SM character cameo in a post-SM special episode, I hope we'll see Lilie since she's the only cast member who I think deserves an expanded role given that she was so important in the games. And I may be alone in thinking this way, but she's always seemed like Satoshi's main SM companion to me.

I'd say the guys compete as Ash's closest companions this series, especially Kiawe, but I do think Lillie's had some of the most intimate moments with Ash in SM, especially the AF arc.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd say the guys compete as Ash's closest companions this series, especially Kiawe, but I do think Lillie's had some of the most intimate moments with Ash in SM, especially the AF arc.

Seconded
I actually think Kiawe's the one that deserves a special. It'd be lovely to get a Brock vs Kiawe rematch, Kiawe's the one companion apart from Mallow whose never had a big moment where he got to pull off an incredible feat. Even though he's the battler of the classmates.... Viren is pretty much the only opponent he's faced and beaten. I'd love it if Kiawe got to beat Brock in a special and obtain an actual gym badge.
Plus we could get more of Brock and Pokemon that aren't OS Kanto exclusive(Seriously it sucked how Corsola and Gyarados appeared but not even Chansey was blessed with an appearance!). Croagunk, Marshtomp, Ludicolo, maybe give Comfey some actual character?

Lillie should stay in Alola with her dad, who'd have just returned. She's not her brother, Anime!Gladion wouldn't leave either

DatsRight

Well Kiawe did the Tapu Fini trial as well, I'd say that was an impressive honour, especially since it made him face its psychotic brethren as well.

Sophocles I thought had a nice chemistry with Ash as well, I liked Ash got him Charjabug, especially since it ended up playing a lot into his character development. Granted we've already kinda spammed the 'smart guy' specials last two series, if they could give Clemont and Sophocles a chemistry I suppose it could be amusing, but it'd be nice to try a new dynamic this time.

Zoruagible

Well Kiawe did the Tapu Fini trial as well, I'd say that was an impressive honour, especially since it made him face its psychotic brethren as well.

Sophocles I thought had a nice chemistry with Ash as well, I liked Ash got him Charjabug, especially since it ended up playing a lot into his character development. Granted we've already kinda spammed the 'smart guy' specials last two series, if they could give Clemont and Sophocles a chemistry I suppose it could be amusing, but it'd be nice to try a new dynamic this time.

True but seeing how he's a battler, he should have a big battling feat. Like beating Brock or even the League! It was so disappointing see him get one shot by Ryuki...

I'd have at least liked to see him beating Olivia via flashback

DatsRight

The annoyance is that Kiawe has had so few limelight episodes. Maybe the upcoming flashback episode will do something for him and Turtonator.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kaki may've had less screen-time than most characters, but he's the only SM cast member that I feel can give Satoshi a run for his money if they battle at the League. So I can excuse how poorly he's been handled if it means that his battling skills are up to par.

DatsRight

Kaki may've had less screen-time than most characters, but he's the only SM cast member that I feel can give Satoshi a run for his money if they battle at the League. So I can excuse how poorly he's been handled if it means that his battling skills are up to par.

Well Kiawe's episodes have mostly been 'more for less' so I'm not TOO annoyed, but it's still an outrage Marowak only got ONE limelight episode besides its capture. Still his battles with Turtonator and Bourgain amount to more than any of the girls' TR curbstomps in terms of display and skill development.

I think they should have given Kiawe the shrink ray episode as well, it's just a filler but it feels like his character would have made much funnier use of it. Maybe also had a Mimo limelight episode somewhere along the line, it feels like she should have been more important to his development. That's about the right number of episodes there (though we could have done with a little more battle time as well).

Last edited:

Kintaro

Banned
Kiawe is so powerful it took Brock's Mega evolution to beat him. So Kiawe is high-tier. In fact I'd suspect Kiawe or Clemont might be the strongest male companion overall, since other than Steelix and maybe Croagunk, the rest of Brock's pokemon barely battled and Cilan would probably come in the middle.

Zoruagible

Well Kiawe's episodes have mostly been 'more for less' so I'm not TOO annoyed, but it's still an outrage Marowak only got ONE limelight episode besides its capture. Still his battles with Turtonator and Bourgain amount to more than any of the girls' TR curbstomps in terms of display and skill development.

I think they should have given Kiawe the shrink ray episode as well, it's just a filler but it feels like his character would have made much funnier use of it. Maybe also had a Mimo limelight episode somewhere along the line, it feels like she should have been more important to his development. That's about the right number of episodes there (though we could have done with a little more battle time as well).

That whole situation with Marowak is exactly why I'm upset they gave Flynium to Kiawe and Charizard. It honestly would have been a better fit for Ash and Rowlet, given the owl's obviously not gonna evolve.

Marowak is treated like an actual Pokemon, where Charizard was treated as simply a Ride Pokemon for 100+ episodes. Plus... Marowak's the best of all the SM Pokemon personality and moveset wise!

p96822

Evolve me please
I'm okay with Marowak's personality and his moveset, but I don't feel like he being used that much as a character. Because he bearly interacts with Turtonator making feel like they don't care about Kaiwe Pokemon at all

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Here's my character speculation to what they'll come up with to justify Bewear letting TR go:

Something will happen and Bewear will just start doing his thing with the Skull Grunt Trio and let TR go. Maybe they'll do some speech about how much they really want to catch Pikachu, Bewear will see their determination and just let them do their thing. Then, ST Trio does something, catches Bewear and become her new slaves buddies

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, the Skull-dan have been such a joke in SM. I know that they weren't exactly known for being particularly threatening in the games, but since we had the Rocket-dan trio as our silly villains already, it made the Skull-dan's quirky antics in the anime seem tired and cliche. I wish that they had been given a much more ruthless portrayal so that they hadn't basically morphed into a second Rocket-dan.

DatsRight

In hindsight, the Skull-dan have been such a joke in SM. I know that they weren't exactly known for being particularly threatening in the games, but since we had the Rocket-dan trio as our silly villains already, it made the Skull-dan's quirky antics in the anime seem tired and cliche. I wish that they had been given a much more ruthless portrayal so that they hadn't basically morphed into a second Rocket-dan.

I feel like Team Skull should have taken over Team Rocket's old role, being the wimpy villains that sometimes related to the heroes due to their outcast nature, there was only really a couple moments that played on their backgrounds and them being more outcasts than villains. They done that and then Team Rocket instead could have focused on slowly becoming more legitimate rivals through Mimikyu and the Z Moves.

Instead we got TWO jobber villains with the same bland dynamic with the heroes, what was the point? I feel like the reason SM resorted to slice of life is because the writers are losing interest in bad guys and battles. They're just so lethargic and generic this series for what it could have been.

Zoruagible

They really underused them, they easily could have done what the TRio did in a majority of the episodes. While the TRio can be seen doing their own thing, various jobs across the region and not assaulting Ash 24/7. Team Skull deserved better. Now the Skull trio might not do anything else, Plumeria might not do anything at all, and Guzma's arc will end at the League without much involvement from the others. I just see the whole typical Ash beats them and they change their views thing coming miles away, happened to Paul, Trip, and various others. Gonna happen to ya boi as well, seems to be Ash's equivalent of talk no jutsu

They should have just made the TRio workers at the school....

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
HA!! You see? I told you!! Alola's Pokemon League starts just when I suspected. Well, actually, I was thinking its first episode would be the first episode of July, but close enough. Now, the Pokemon League will surely last the whole months of July and August.

After that, we could have a "mini-arc", which I believe it could be about Team Rainbow Rocket, and the end of Alola's adventures. I suppose the next Gen will start in October. I just hope the new series will have a more "matured" design (like XYZ) and less "cartoonish" (like Alola itself).

Leonhart

Imagineer
_AISP said:
Anybody else wondering if the league episodes are gonna show characters from other regions watching the Alola league go down?

I think we can expect to see Kasumi and Takeshi watching the Alola League matches on television, and perhaps Okido-hakase and Hanako as well, but I'm not too hopeful on anyone else making a cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.