• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC317

One way or another, the point is that no season surpassed 52 episodes, which is the same number of weeks in a year. So it worries me what they are going to do for this one.

I think you're really worrying over nothing...

Looking back, they put part of the Johto League in Season 6 of the English dub, despite the fact that OS and AG are different series. So they could just put the last few episodes of SM in the English season of SwSh if needed

I think you're really worrying over nothing...

Looking back, they put part of the Johto League in Season 6 of the English dub, despite the fact that OS and AG are different series. So they could just put the last few episodes of SM in the English season of SwSh if needed
He's literally worrying over nothing, because seasons don't exist in the original anime. Not even 'one way or another'.

MockingJ

Banned
Yeah seasons aren't a thing in the Jpn version of the series, so I wouldn't worry about how the English dub will handle the season issue. I'm just hoping that by the time this saga is over all the little loose ends will be tied up, that includes the Mohn plot and Meltan's evolution. I'm also hoping that Matori might show up for some last minute Raindow Team Rocket related stuff.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think the Rocket-dan's time to shine is over and done with, at least for this saga. It looks like the Rocket-dan trio's final big moment of the SM era was at the Alola League when Musashi and Kojirou battled, and I can't see the writers topping that. As for Sakaki and Matori and the rest of the organization, I'm not really sure what more they have to offer since all the Rocket-dan based episodes from this saga were humdrum.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
At least Team Rocket as an org might get to shine more next saga, since Team Yell's just discount Team Skull

I do hope the Matori stuff is wrapped up here though, as I'd prefer Butch/Cassidy coming back. They clash better with the TRio than she ever will, and since another regional Meowth might be in the cards.... well, perfect time eh? Galar Weezing, Meowth, and... something. The TRio wouldn't be pleased with that

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:
At least Team Rocket as an org might get to shine more next saga, since Team Yell's just discount Team Skull

I am a little peeved that the Yell-dan seem to be the Skull-dan 2.0, especially since overall I didn't feel like the Skull-dan achieved much in Alola other than them ticking off Satoshi's group a few times and fighting with the Rocket-dan trio. I never thought I'd see a more incompetent bunch of villainous characters than Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu, but the Skull-dan grunts come very close to dethroning them.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Team Skull worked in the games because they were a red herring for Lusamine being evil and you having to battle the AF’s employees. Lusamine isn’t evil here so the main focus is Team Skull and all we’ve seen is they’re just a bunch of clowns.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Guys. I think it's obvious that like Team Skull, Team Yell are the false villianous teams of the reson. Chairman Rose is the true villan.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
Guys. I think it's obvious that like Team Skull, Team Yell are the false villianous teams of the reson. Chairman Rose is the true villan.

Having yet another group of pseudo-villains who would be overshadowed by a group of real villains would feel very repetitive from my perspective. It didn't mind it so much in SM since it was a rather fresh idea at the time, but having something like that happening again in the next saga isn't quite as appealing to me.

D

Deleted member 384931

Perhaps Team Yell is the only team, and that the real villains will just be those top trainers that everyone thinks is head of the real villain team. Maybe it's just them and no team.
If there is another team, it is SM over again. Same woih the evil team leader has a relationship with your rivals.

MockingJ

Banned

I do hope the Matori stuff is wrapped up here though, as I'd prefer Butch/Cassidy coming back. They clash better with the TRio than she ever will, and since another regional Meowth might be in the cards.... well, perfect time eh? Galar Weezing, Meowth, and... something. The TRio wouldn't be pleased with that

I think Butch and Cassidy are "dead" as in written out of the show since we haven't seen them since... Diamond and Pearl I think?

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I think Butch and Cassidy are "dead" as in written out of the show since we haven't seen them since... Diamond and Pearl I think?

I'm fond of them even though they've been inactive for such a long time, and it's a shame that the writers didn't feel the need to have them come back in SM given the comedic atmosphere of this saga, which would've made their return memorable if they often clashed with Musashi's group.

DatsRight

I think Butch and Cassidy or Domino would have worked better as actual rivals for TR since they are more vindictive and petty, they are guys that would outright antagonise Jessie and James making it fun to see the latter get a rare victory by taking revenge on them.

Matori is an odd case since at this point she's more a straight man, a hard ass but still one that mostly just wants TR to get actual work done rather than to screw with them. She's more pragmatic in that sense while Biff and Cassidy would technically risk company process just to mess with Jessie and James. She doesn't quite work as a rival in that sense, but more an obstacle or foil, I wouldn't mind odd times she tries to lead a bigger scheme while trying to make sure TR don't slack off or screw it up in their bungling.

Alolan Meowth admittedly is a different matter, and would have likely better suited Butch and Cassidy to fit their counterpart pattern.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sham said:
My man Gary hasn’t appeared since DP either

In his case, I thought he had a higher chance of returning than most previous characters given that his in-game counterpart appeared at the Battle Tree in the Alola games, but it seems like the writers don't care about his in-game cameo. I honestly would've rather see him return in SM over Takeshi and Kasumi.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I honestly would've rather see him return in SM over Takeshi and Kasumi.

This. So much.

What better way to promote/remember Gen I than play a bit with the rivalry Ash had with Gary?

Status
Not open for further replies.