1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

It'll probably blow up as soon as Jessie and James mobilize because that's the kind of thing that would happen to them. I'll be impressed if it actually does something important though like if we get some wannabe Rainbow Team Rocket episode.

Lunalah likes this.
  2. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

@Zoruagible Welp, I hope you are happy,you were right

Zoruagible and KenzeyEevee like this.
  3. At least a full battle

Perijune likes this.
  4. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

But between who though? I'm assuming masked royal but who does he fight? And if it's ash then is it a true full battle or not?

Lunalah and KenzeyEevee like this.
  5. We don't know SM141 so there can happen a lot there

6. Revolver Furious Dragon

If 140 is related to mohn I'd hope 141 would be the conclusion. Hmm maybe ash gets poipole back and so he can actually have a full battle in 142

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

They would not dedicate a 6v6 match between Gladion and Kukui. Two characters with no significant relationship and HASN'T been built up across the entire saga

Bortgreen and KenzeyEevee like this.
  8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

At least Poipole's return could be somewhat believable during the Guzzlord crisis.
    If they bother bringing him back though, they better let Poipole stay like Gliscor

Lunalah likes this.
  9. At least we can detract yourself from the 29th September with new episodes

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Speaking of them, I would've expected some form of Rainbow Rocket-dan involvement at the League prior to finding out about Akuziking's appearance at the Alola League stadium, but now I'm guessing that if we get any sign of them it'll probably be in an episode after the tournament is over.

Lunalah likes this.
  11. MockingJ

MockingJ Banned

Yeah this. I like Gladion as much as the next guy, but I don't think he's important enough to warrant a whole on screen six on six battle.

Perijune likes this.
  12. Leonhart

I like Gladio a lot and after the way that Hau ended up being such a disappointing rival for Satoshi, Gladio has become my default favorite Alola rival. But even though I like him, I also doubt that the full battle during the exhibition match involves him challenging Kukui-hakase since we very rarely get to see rivals participate in full battles against anyone other than Satoshi.

Lunalah and Lord Godwin like this.
  13. Lord Godwin

Lord Godwin The Lord of Darkness

A great example here was Alain who, even though had a full Team did only use Charizard for the Zygarde incident. I would've loved to see rest of his Pokemon in action there.

14. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

One thing I could see going in Gladion's favour is that the league is trying to bulk up on character dynamics, having duos and combinations that weren't often tried before. They already beefed up Kiawe and Gladion into legit rivals despite barely interacting before, so maybe something between Gladion and Kukui could happen.

Of course the fact he is fighting for his father could easily just lead up to a vindication story with Guzzlord, with Mohn actually being part of the whole thing. Winning a league would be small potatoes to actually getting him back after all.

Perijune likes this.
  15. Leonhart

I would've preferred if Gladio had more of a reason to want to win the Alola League, that way I would be able to empathize with him more if he does win. But his motivations seem lackluster so far and he's almost the same as Alain was in the sense that him participating in the League feels almost like something that was decided at the last minute to give Satoshi a challenge.

Lunalah and mehmeh1 like this.
  16. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

I think the cast should be just Ash, Victor, and Gloria. Ash would be tutoring Gloria and Victor. Ash will not battle the gyms. He's decided they've become tedious. Now he wants to teach the next generation of trainers how to be great.

Lunalah and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  17. Revolver Furious Dragon

Ash getting Bored of gyms? Never gonna happen

RileyXY1 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  18. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I happen to agree. Ash being bored of gyms would essentially be him giving up on his goal of being a Pokemon Master.

Lunalah, CMButch and KenzeyEevee like this.
  19. Leonhart

You keep saying that despite him being far from the type of person who would mentor someone full-time. Him just getting "bored" of his goal makes little sense anyway given that determination and passion are his two biggest personality traits.

I also find it hard to imagine a kid who just spent a long time studying at the Pokemon School [yet learned nothing of value] decide that he wants to spend time passing on his knowledge to other trainers given that his Pokemon knowledge is ridiculously inconsistent to begin with. He's no Ilima.

Lunalah, RileyXY1 and mehmeh1 like this.
  20. SatoSereFan224888

SatoSereFan224888 Well-Known Member

Ash would be 20 years old in Sword & Shield. He was like 16 in my opinion in Kalos.

Perijune likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.