• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Honestly I think Lana will be of the "quiet small cute badass" archetype, you know how the one that doesn't say much put when rubber hits the road shell be the first to action?

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Mallow is the number one reason I'm looking forward to this anime :D
I just love everything about her so far, she's beyond adorable.

dp045

It's funny but with school theme think that might make the class in which Ash and company are having a rivalry with another that is in school. In that class could include the other captains and even put Hau for everyone to have a rival, you know with that that "the A and B are natural enemies." The downside of this is that it would be condemning the Trial Island because being all students definitely not make much sense that Ash had to challenge them.

Last edited:

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
so ash lives with kukui, mallow with her family that runs the cafeteria, kiawe with his family at the farm, and lana with her sisters and fisherman father.

i wonder where sophocles and lillie will stay.

dp045

so ash lives with kukui, mallow with her family that runs the cafeteria, kiawe with his family at the farm, and lana with her sisters and fisherman father.

i wonder where sophocles and lillie will stay.

Sophocles could live with a family member invented for the anime, as they invented Meyer as the father of the brothers lemon and if Lillie could be that matuvieran suspended all feature the character to give an air of mystery or live in an apartment one that this being funded by the Aether or a family member "close".

PS: Really Ash will sleep on the sofa in the house of Kukui?

Holy157

I'm still waiting for Lusamine. "I will take care of you and your poor Pokemon." Yes pls.

Also, hoping Team Skull get the same treatment as Team Flare did in the anime, removing those super silly traits and making them look like an actual threat. So far only the Big Three from Team Skull seem threatening.

DeepSeaDragon

Mallow and Lillie have much more attractive designs than Lana. There, I said it. Attack me :p

I'm looking forward to what kind of Ash we'll be getting. Fortunately, the first episodes generally give us a good idea of that. BW01 and XY01 certainly did.

DatsRight

I'm still waiting for Lusamine. "I will take care of you and your poor Pokemon." Yes pls.

Also, hoping Team Skull get the same treatment as Team Flare did in the anime, removing those super silly traits and making them look like an actual threat. So far only the Big Three from Team Skull seem threatening.

Meh, I wouldn't mind if they were a threat, but I don't think they have to remove ALL their comical qualities like they have every other team just to be a generic super sinister opposite to Team Rocket. The Flare grunts weren't threatening anyway, so making them humourless just made them dull fodder that happened to dress ridiculous.

Hell, if they're going to be recurring characters from the start rather than climax villains, they might as well have a bit of character and humour to them. I could see the lower levels making amusing more even handed rivals to the TRio (and we need to fill the hole Biff and Cassidy left).

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Mallow is the number one reason I'm looking forward to this anime :D
I just love everything about her so far, she's beyond adorable.

I'm definitely going to be watching her carefully. Given what we know so far, this will be the girl I find easy to ship with Ash :D

I'm looking forward to Lana as well. She's adorable and looks huggable.

Lillie's kinda cute too. She'll probably be the funniest of the girls to watch.

As of right now I could care less about the boys.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Except Skull is supposed to be that way unlike that awful team. They don't have an ulterior motive, Aether Foundation is going to be the true threat.

SkittleBox

Fanfiction writer
so is it safe to assume that a lot of the CotD's will be other students in the school?

Probably. That school looks way too big for only six students, a teacher, and their principal.

DeepSeaDragon

Didn't Team Skull appear in one of the early trailers?

Ughh I hope they are interesting. I have a bad feeling we're going to get another Team Plasma, they were truly abysmal.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Didn't Team Skull appear in one of the early trailers?

Ughh I hope they are interesting. I have a bad feeling we're going to get another Team Plasma, they were truly abysmal.

i think that was cause they had to suddenly rewrite the plot due to their debut episodes getting cancelled. i hope it won't happen with team skull.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
One thing that is hurting me is that Mallow is clearly much taller than Ash. This is looking really weird.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Mallow is the female companion. It's looks weird if the female companion is taller than Ash. With the exception of Misty, all of the female companions are of the same height as Ash, namely May, Dawn, Iris and Serena.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Mallow is the female companion. It's looks weird if the female companion is taller than Ash. With the exception of Misty, all of the female companions are of the same height as Ash, namely May, Dawn, Iris and Serena.

How does it look weird if the female companions are taller than Ash? They are adolescent children; it's perfectly normal for adolescent girls to be taller than adolescent boys. Ten years old is the age when girls start to surpass boys in height. Besides, May, Dawn, and Serena are taller than Ash, if only slightly.

Also, Mallow may not be the same age as Ash; she may be older, in which case her being taller than him is perfectly justified.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
How does it look weird if the female companions are taller than Ash? They are adolescent children; it's perfectly normal for adolescent girls to be taller than adolescent boys. Ten years old is the age when girls start to surpass boys in height. Besides, May, Dawn, and Serena are taller than Ash, if only slightly.

Also, Mallow may not be the same age as Ash; she may be older, in which case her being taller than him is perfectly justified.

May, Dawn and Serena are not taller than Ash actually. I have examined this thoroughly and I can say this. From certain angles, they look taller than Ash, and from certain angles, Ash looks taller. This differs with screenshots. But overall, I can say that Ash and those three girls are of the same height. Personally, I prefer when the female companion is of the same height as Ash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.