• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
Pokeanime has been a sins-of-our-fathers story all along.

And if not, they probably lost their mother in a war (Clemont and Bonnie have a dad but not a mom). It seems like one parent is always missing except for that one time your father is a gymleader and your mother is home. (Guess the person)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
May and Max are the only ones with both parents. It's realistic not to have both parents and each case is different.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
May and Max are the only ones with both parents. It's realistic not to have both parents and each case is different.

Especially in the Pokémon world, where it's quite possible that one parent is a Trainer and thus spends most of his or her time traveling. If you want to discuss oddities, how about the fact that none of these children ever mention the absent parent?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We only see them if the female character ends up being a rival like May, Dawn, and Serena did in the games. Hilda didn't appear if Hilbert was chosen and neither does Moon if you pick Sun.

Tbh, glovehead girl is hideous anyway, so her getting the Hilda treatment ain't a loss.~

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Tbh, glovehead girl is hideous anyway, so her getting the Hilda treatment ain't a loss.~

This.
There were way better outfits in the game, and they picked the garbage outfit to be the default one for girls. I never want to see Moon. Sick of the female players getting in all the time anyways when the males never see the light of day.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This.
There were way better outfits in the game, and they picked the garbage outfit to be the default one for girls. I never want to see Moon. Sick of the female players getting in all the time anyways when the males never see the light of day.

The males are portrayed by Ash lol, he wears attires similar to what they wear. and plus they all have similar designs to Red anyways and Ash is the counterpart of Red so why even introduce them as a companion unless they completely replace Ash as the main character, which will never happen

Anyways I'd like to see Serena return and help contribute in helping Lillie get over her fears of touching Pokemon. I could see her encouraging Lillie and plus she seems really good in cheering people up and stuff like that.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The males are portrayed by Ash lol, he wears attires similar to what they wear. and plus they all have similar designs to Red anyways and Ash is the counterpart of Red so why even introduce them as a companion unless they completely replace Ash as the main character, which will never happen

Sure, because looks are the only thing that define characters.

Akashin

It is when you're shipping characters. :D

I'd have thought their character and their portrayal would be equally important, but I'm not a shipper so who am I to say.

You're joking right?

I mean, I can see the logic. If only they'd had the same sense and did away with all the female main characters too; they're just as similar.

I don't actually need to put a /s at the end, do I?

RedJirachi

Veteran member
The anime tends to ignore the playable characters for the most part in recent sagas, so I doubt we'll see glovehead girl.

The Gen 3, 4 and 6 adaptations had the female player character as the main one. Gen 1 doesn't count since there wasn't a female player character/Ash was the player character.

nickdt

The Gen 3, 4 and 6 adaptations had the female player character as the main one. Gen 1 doesn't count since there wasn't a female player character/Ash was the player character.

Gen 2 also doesn't count, since there wasn't a female lead in Gen 2 (Only in the remakes).

Ilikepiex7

Crystal gen 2 was the first game with a female player luckily she got to be in the legend of thunder anime special with jhoto's male player

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Not my fault that they use a similar bland design for every male protagonist character.

Using your logic, then the females are equally bland, seeing that they were made to compliment them. Even then, that doesn't ring true in some cases, seeing that Hilda was designed first and Hilbert was made to compliment her.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I'd wonder if we're going to get a Mallow focused episode soon? I mean the next episode is going to be about Lillie, we had one focused on Lana, Sophocles, even one about Rotomdex, etc...I would just like to know more about her tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.