• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
hope we get a kiawe focused episode soon. wanna see if they'll set anything up for a potential rivalry with ash.

They sort of did with the way Ash got his Z-ring, I'm hoping this gets developed.

Abzu

They sort of did with the way Ash got his Z-ring, I'm hoping this gets developed.

Well im sure it will happen, I mean a Pokemon Saga often last 3 years and plus since now is a setting in which Ash doesn't travel and stay in one place it will far easier to develop the classmates rather than using a character of the week.

Also in the opening an Alolan Raichu is shown... maybe it will become a recurring Pokemon here?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
While I don't think that Hyper Training will ever appear in the anime, does anyone else think they might introduce the bottle caps for the game as a joke reference to James and his collection?

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
I'd wonder if we're going to get a Mallow focused episode soon? I mean the next episode is going to be about Lillie, we had one focused on Lana, Sophocles, even one about Rotomdex, etc...I would just like to know more about her tbh.

Means we should also get a Kiawe focus? And what about Kukui and Samson Oak?
I think we will still get all of them .

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Kukui to see Team Rocket harassing Ash and brings the pain and tells them never to bother him again(true father figure).

Then we can have twenty episodes without Team Rocket trying to steal Pikachu (regretfully no Mimikyu or Bewear).

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
as much as i want episodes focused on our protagonists, i actually look forward to team rocket in sun and moon because i want to see more of bewear and mimikyu lol.

DatsRight

as much as i want episodes focused on our protagonists, i actually look forward to team rocket in sun and moon because i want to see more of bewear and mimikyu lol.

I would love TR so long as they don't get lazy with them like in XYZ and just use them as quick filler/interruptions for the heroes to curb stomp and look competent against. The previous SM episodes have been good because TR felt relevant or helped the plot move forward without cutting off the twerps' development, the ways they were defeated in the Lana and Sopociles episodes for example helped display some of their unique skills rather than just being a simple 'dodge and signature attack' curb stomp any four year old could do with a generic Pokemon.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I would love TR so long as they don't get lazy with them like in XYZ and just use them as quick filler/interruptions for the heroes to curb stomp and look competent against. The previous SM episodes have been good because TR felt relevant or helped the plot move forward without cutting off the twerps' development, the ways they were defeated in the Lana and Sopociles episodes for example helped display some of their unique skills rather than just being a simple 'dodge and signature attack' curb stomp any four year old could do with a generic Pokemon.
Except in the last episode but they weren't around long enough to really matter there, and we know they won't be in the next episode at all.

I agree that TR has been fine so far but let's hope that keeps up.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket should only appear every 5 or so episodes. I really don't want them to appear all the time plus they really aren't needed that much anymore imo.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Team Rocket should only appear every 5 or so episodes. I really don't want them to appear all the time plus they really aren't needed that much anymore imo.

Exactly. Their being shoehorned into every single episode, even those where they weren't needed, is one of the main reasons they get on my absolute last nerves. They are much more effective and entertaining, and far less annoying, when they only show up when they are needed. And right now, they are barely needed.

DatsRight

I have no problem with them appearing in lots of episodes so long as they are relevant and assist the plot, not to mention have SOME variation in roles.

They got annoying by the end of DP and XY because they were just doing the same thing over; interrupting the heroes' plot for the exact same scheme and beatdown over and over. It was obvious the twerps wasn't growing or developing from them around. In fact they almost felt like an intentional short cut from actually giving them proper development (Serena didn't remotely improve or level grind or have her own foibles developed in anyway throughout the series, and it felt like her curb stomping TR all the time was meant to be some sort of compensation to hide that). They need to foil the twerps and act as good opponents to demonstrate their own skills against.

That said I would like to see more times the twerps have a problem that can't be solved with TR or other antagonistic thrashing.

Janovy

Banned
Team Rocket was just fine in the latest episode.

They got a brief appearance, but they were chilling and doing their own thing and didn't cross paths with Ash.

The actual conflict of the episode stemmed from Litten's lack of trust towards humans and the evil Persian.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Really, TRio is probably going to have some kind of character arc revolving around Mimikyu. Mimikyu only wants to be on TRio to fight and defeat Pikachu, contradictory to TRio's ambition of capturing Pikachu.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Team Rocket was just fine in the latest episode.

They got a brief appearance, but they were chilling and doing their own thing and didn't cross paths with Ash.

The actual conflict of the episode stemmed from Litten's lack of trust towards humans and the evil Persian.

Agreed. They've been fine lately and I'm hoping it stays that way.

J D Sheppard

Exactly. Their being shoehorned into every single episode, even those where they weren't needed, is one of the main reasons they get on my absolute last nerves. They are much more effective and entertaining, and far less annoying, when they only show up when they are needed. And right now, they are barely needed.

I still remember the time I went from being annoyed to full on hating the TRio. It was Byrons gym in sinnoh.

where instead of getting the full episode devoted to glorious battle we were instead forced to endure TR breaking in and blasting off on 3 separate occasions. It did nothing but take up screen time that could of been better spent on the battles, which is the whole point of gym episodes. There inclusion was unnecessary and made it one of the worst gym battle eps.

Thankfully they have got better since then. I just hope we never return to those dark days

DatsRight

I still remember the time I went from being annoyed to full on hating the TRio. It was Byrons gym in sinnoh.

where instead of getting the full episode devoted to glorious battle we were instead forced to endure TR breaking in and blasting off on 3 separate occasions. It did nothing but take up screen time that could of been better spent on the battles, which is the whole point of gym episodes. There inclusion was unnecessary and made it one of the worst gym battle eps.

Thankfully they have got better since then. I just hope we never return to those dark days

XYZ came close, what with them being forced into every standard plot episode and every single face-off being the same exact thrashing without even a rotation in Pokemon and attacks, though they did get the point to sideline them in the gym and league episodes.

Sometimes I wonder whether TR is just used as a padding for when the writers can't think of a good enough way to end a plot or keep the action going. As said Sun/Moon has thus far been off to a good start because they've either been used in a way that moves the twerps' plot along or been absent/used differently in episodes they aren't needed. It doesn't feel like we're getting them in place of a more interesting plot that the staff couldn't be bothered to write.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I agree. I'm actually glad SM is set up the way it is right now because I've grown tired of seeing Jessie get involved in the other Pokegirl's goals (Contests/Tripokalons). Reason being is because we know she's never going to win, so I just feel like she's taking away screentime from other characters. If they had a plot of their own or show up when they are needed like you say, ok then. I'm actually curious to see which direction the writers are taking them in during this series. I do like Mimikyu and Bewear though tbh.

DatsRight

I agree. I'm actually glad SM is set up the way it is right now because I've grown tired of seeing Jessie get involved in the other Pokegirl's goals (Contests/Tripokalons). Reason being is because we know she's never going to win, so I just feel like she's taking away screentime from other characters. If they had a plot of their own or show up when they are needed like you say, ok then. I'm actually curious to see which direction the writers are taking them in during this series. I do like Mimikyu and Bewear though tbh.

Well in fairness we know the Pokegirl will never win either. :p

I tend to find them interesting, DP onwards at least because they are the one thing TR may win, not the finals, but the single matches for, they can match or even defeat the twerps at something, which makes them a little bit unpredictable and fun. Even better because we often see Jessie use TR's Pokemon far more strategically and creatively than she almost ever does in villainous stuff. I love seeing all the little chekhovs skills come into play and TR get to look talented and experienced for a change.

I will admit after three regions of this, I would like if SM found a different way of implementing something like this though.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Well in fairness we know the Pokegirl will never win either. :p
This is true, but the Pokegirl has their own goal. The way they shoehorn Jessie into their plots, makes her look like a leech and it's pointless. With all the characters we have in SM right now and how its been set up so far, they need come up with something different for the TRio because I really don't see the point of them being around right now, except the rivalry between Mimikyu and Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.