• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
as much as i'd like to see continuity and returning characters, i kinda doubt there will be any outside of a small cameo near the end of the series.

Janovy

Banned
You must be talking about XY(&Z). That saga had barely any continuity while the other sagas did.
I kinda feel like this going to become a trend. I hope I'm wrong though, especially with the 20th anniversary coming up.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Cameos don't happen until the later part of a saga. I don't expect Greninja, past traveling companion, or anyone who isn't Delia and Prof Oak to appear soon. I'm glad to see Mr. Mime. We haven't seen him since... I don't know. AG? a small scene in BW?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
There better be continuity for SM. I mean it's the 20th anniversary of the series for goodness sake.

With all these Alolan forms of Kanto Pokémon, I kind of expect either Ash or Samson Oak to talk about what the Kanto forms of these Pokémon look like. I mean, we already have Ash surprised that Alolan Exeggutor is a Grass/Dragon type, rather than Grass/Psychic. I'm sure he'll express similar surprise over Alolan Vulpix, Alolan Marowak, Alolan Raichu, Alolan Meowth, and/or Alolan Grimer and Muk - all Pokémon whose Kanto forms he is very familiar with. That right there would be continuity.

Cameos don't happen until the later part of a saga. I don't expect Greninja, past traveling companion, or anyone who isn't Delia and Prof Oak to appear soon. I'm glad to see Mr. Mime. We haven't seen him since... I don't know. AG? a small scene in BW?

If we're super lucky, Ash might have a flashback to Brock's Vulpix when he meets an Alolan Vulpix. Or he might have a flashback to his Muk glomping Professor Oak when he meets an Alolan Muk. But I think we'd have to be super lucky for that.

Last edited:

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
They can bring in Gary (in his S/M outfit) and Serena (for obvious reasons). Man, I really hope he's back, we have to see him like... ever since Sinnoh.
My personal dream scenario right there. Ash, Gary and Serena traveling together. :D

To be serious though, I think Gary making an appearance for a couple episodes would be great. He could be doing research on the Alolan forms of the Kanto Pokémon.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
They can bring in Gary (in his S/M outfit) and Serena (for obvious reasons). Man, I really hope he's back, we have to see him like... ever since Sinnoh.

Gary is a lost soul.
And Serena may be back like Dawn did. I just don't know if Serena will get special or not.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
gary - most likely not coming back.
serena - might come back for cameo or get a special, but will not be part of main cast again.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
serena - might come back for cameo or get a special, but will not be part of main cast again.

Explain Red and Blue in Alola? + Animé Red = Ash; Animé Blue = Gary. Sounds good to me. And who even came up with that idea? If the idea ever existe than it should have some kind of reason...

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Explain Red and Blue in Alola? + Animé Red = Ash; Animé Blue = Gary. Sounds good to me. And who even came up with that idea? If the idea ever existe than it should have some kind of reason...

Red and Blue were in B2W2 too but Gary never returned

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
First you say earlier that Sinnoh is the worst series because of win percentage, and now you're saying Gary won't be back...I'm getting depressed. :(

Lol anyway, same as you, I'm also interested in seeing Lillie/Vulpix interactions and their bond.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
First you say earlier that Sinnoh is the worst series because of win percentage, and now you're saying Gary won't be back...I'm getting depressed. :(

Lol anyway, same as you, I'm also interested in seeing Lillie/Vulpix interactions and their bond.

lol that was actually a sarcastic response to the other guy, diamond and pearl is actually my favorite series of all time regardless of ash's w/l percentage.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Red and Blue were in B2W2 too but Gary never returned

Cause Dawn returned at the same time. They wouldn't bring back two major characters like that. Not to mention it would make Trip look like even more of a joke having the far Serperior rival appearing in his saga

I just hope Gary is hear doing research and randomly reoccurs like he did in DP.

dp045

I think it is still very premature to discuss whether or not Serena would come back during the new season. In fact there is information that receives a special and maybe its appearance in Alola only ended as a cameo in some flash back or some mention.

Thinking well I think that to "revitalize" the anime could pretend that from now on do not take into account any aspect of the past except Pikachu and Ash. In XY there were almost no references but now in SM they could do this so long as references and continuity start from what happened in Alola because in this way it could be saved to have to be prearranged by gaps or other technical aspects such as Voices of the actors, for example.
I really do not know if I should discuss this here but although for me the anime died, I think it would be better to continue with the story of Ash, at least now if you get to participate in the League of Alola (probably) In the round of the 32 or 16 best and thus climb a post in each generation.

PerseusRad

I see you. And you.
It's difficult to tell how the characters are gonna go, but that's partially because we don't know how the series is gonna go. If Ash and the class stay together throughout the series, well that's different then if they end up doing other things, like Trial caption duties. For one, it's difficult to see Kiawe or Sophocles traveling with Ash if he ends up doing the Trials, even after completing theirs.

What I'm thinking if he does travel: Kiawe seems like a rival, as does Sophocles, looking at the latest trailer, probably friendly. Lillie and Mallow both feel like they could be companions, but it'd be different to have two female companions and nobody else, though I suppose they did that a bit in XY. If I had to guess between the two, I'd say Lillie. Mallow is a cook, and she seems to be getting more focus in the earlier episodes, but that could also easily be because she has a more outgoing personality to work with. If they end up splitting for the trials, Lillie would have nothing else to do besides travel with Ash, other than perhaps starting on her subplot from the games. Lana is honestly a wildcard in that department.
If they stay together, then I assume they'll all have their episodes, no real focus besides those.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Sweet! Now this is the poster we should have got from the get go. The only thing I don't like is Lillie standing there in the background almost the same way Serena was. It made people think she was going to have a crush on Ash. Please don't let that happen again!

I wouldn't mind that, so long as it didn't detract from her character. Maybe if it developed as the anime went on. Certainly not 'oh I should follow this guy on a Pokemon journey'.

I imagine there will be some romantic aspect at some point in the anime, it's easy enough to get a few laughs from failed advances.

It could just be that she's afraid of touching Pokemon so that's why she's in the background - away from the Pokemon.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Sweet! Now this is the poster we should have got from the get go. The only thing I don't like is Lillie standing there in the background almost the same way Serena was. It made people think she was going to have a crush on Ash. Please don't let that happen again!
Lillie has good reasons to stay in the back, protected by everyone. She doesn't like battling and is afraid of Pokémon. This is just the beginning for her, she'll slowly but surely make her way to the frontlines with her friends and fight alongside them as she faces her fears and her importance grows. I don't think Lillie has a crush on Ash (PLEASE don't let that happen again!), she's looking hopeful and watching everyone fight bravely for her and for the sake of everyone. It'll kickstart the urge for her to fight alongside her friends and protect their region.

Last edited:

Chardaddy

I just hope Tierno doesn't show up.

He'll blow Ash away in the Alolan Danceoff Finale! Then we'll complain that Ash executed a perfect breakdance, but they gave the win to Tierno when he slipped during his hip hop routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.