• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
How do I put spoiler tags?

[*=**] spoilered text goes here [/*]

* is where you put SPOILER
** is title for spoiler

Or you could just click the Spo button when making an advanced post.

I'm hoping we get more Kukei action throughout the series. He sounds like a hoot and I've only been playing the game for a day!

Genaller

Silver Soul

This honestly makes me feel much better about the whole Ash going to school ordeal. I'm still not a fan of his new look or the slapstick, but I can get used to them (or atleast tolerate them). As long as Ash remains competent in battle, I think I'll on good terms with this series. Definitely better than BW atleast.

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Kukei is the trainer the player faces after beating the E4 in order to become champion essentially making him champion lvl. If Kukui's in-game prowess is transferred over to the anime, then that would mean Ash is learning from a top tier trainer which kind of justifies why someone of his lvl of experience would be attending a "school". Also, there will definitely be a league which will once again be modified to a tournament format.

This honestly makes me feel much better about the whole Ash going to school ordeal. I'm still not a fan of his new look or the slapstick, but I can get used to them (or atleast tolerate them). As long as Ash remains competent in battle, I think I'll on good terms with this series. Definitely better than BW atleast.

I think you missed a ']' ;)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So after playing through Sun, I have to say I absolutely fell it love with Lillie's character. Seriously she is one of the best developed characters in the games in a LONG time. I really hope the anime does her justice tbh.

Genaller

Silver Soul
So after playing through Sun, I have to say I absolutely fell it love with Lillie's character. Seriously she is one of the best developed characters in the games in a LONG time. I really hope the anime does her justice tbh.

I completely agree with this. She (game self) has to easily be 1 of the most developed Pokémon characters of ALL TIME!!! If the anime can do something similar for her, then Lillie is hands down BEST GIRL!!!

Genaller

Silver Soul
I think you missed a ']' ;)

So I added the']', but then that entire part of the message just disappeared for me. Can you see the spoiler tag in my post? This is weird.

colomb

I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for Lillie seeing that the anime doesn't follow the games that closely. Serena was a playable character/main rival and she wasn't handled the particularly well by the anime.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for Lillie seeing that the anime doesn't follow the games that closely. Serena was a playable character/main rival and she wasn't handled the particularly well by the anime.

I'm sorry but Serena was lame in game too. She never really did much and had no real character. Outside of the battles, she was just there.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm sorry but Serena was lame in game too. She never really did much and had no real character. Outside of the battles, she was just there.

She wasn't lame if you're playing as her, which is also why she should have replaced Ash as the main character in XY ;)
Anyways I hope they use Lillie's backstory from the games and don't reduce her to comedic gags and stuff.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
After seeing the first two episodes, I decided this series isn't for me. While the setting and the characters and Pokémon are good, it just... it just doesn't click for me. The only thing I like in this series is Lillie and that's because of the games' storyline and a potential ship with Ash, but that has already been ruined by Mallow dangit.

Really wished we had another character for main protagonist instead of Ash, this series clearly isn't for him. And to think I supported this series when it was first announced *sigh* Guess my body wasn't ready for the transition...

Janovy

Banned
After seeing the first two episodes, I decided this series isn't for me. While the setting and the characters and Pokémon are good, it just... it just doesn't click for me. The only thing I like in this series is Lillie and that's because of the games' storyline.
I find this so weird. You found everything good, but...you still don't wanna watch it?

I mean it's your choice, it's just weird. One would think that if it didn't click, you wouldn't like any of it.

DatsRight

TR seem to be taking an interesting twist here. They're buffoons, but they have a genuinely dangerous Pokemon thus far. Bewear also seems to have hijacked the 'blasting off' running gag.

Their designs are a bit odd, though they can grow on me like Ash's.

dp045

I find this so weird. You found everything good, but...you still don't wanna watch it?

I mean it's your choice, it's just weird. One would think that if it didn't click, you wouldn't like any of it.

Well, to be fair of the qualities that I mention Lillie is more than anything for the version that appears in the games and so far there is no indication that they adapt that Lillie to anime so its appeal depends on "what is (But maybe take some time) and with respect to the fact that this Ash looks promising unfortunately is overshadowed because it is very likely that in the end there is also no significant progress in achieving his goal In this generation as he must continue to travel and win a regional league does not count as a possibility.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It's only been 4 episodes guys. They'll use Lillie's storyline from the games (whatever it is, I need to watch someone play the game that wouldn't bore me).

Supersonicbro

The fact that lillie is wearing her
ub cosplay
clothes, highly means that they'll address the plot in the games.

Also with the addition of old characters (including Cynthia) in the game and the new way they do the league, do you guys think that they'll finally have the champion league in this season?

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The fact that lillie is wearing her
ub cosplay
clothes, highly means that they'll address the plot in the games.

Or they'll just gloss over it like they did with N and Ghetsis because.

Child abuse, neurotoxin mind control, and hiring hitmen like Team Skull

might be "too much" for the anime.

Supersonicbro

Or they'll just gloss over it like they did with N and Ghetsis because.

Child abuse, neurotoxin mind control, and hiring hitmen like Team Skull

might be "too much" for the anime.

After seeing what they did with lysandre, i can't be too sure of that. But you are right, considering what happens, that'll be a big leap from how the anime is portraying itself right now.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
After seeing what they did with lysandre, i can't be too sure of that. But you are right, considering what happens, that'll be a big leap from how the anime is portraying itself right now.

Lysandre saw himself as a savior who sought to reduce the population so people wouldn't be selfish. SM's plot is more personal and the anime avoids personal confrontations when it comes to villain plots. Like N.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
To be fair, with N, the country itself was going through their own natural causes, hence why the TR vs TP special was permanently postponed. I can see them changing a lot due to the issue at the time. I think they'll incorporate Lillie's storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.