• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrizza88

Meteorite
Well, we haven't seen any signs of Trial captains or Totem Pokemon so far. I think it will be better for Ash to first battle someone among his classmates(who knows, the school might have official battles) during the school arc.
Kiawe is the one who seems suitable for this, but well, Ash will surely lose then. If it is Mallow, Lana, or Sophocles then it would be probably an easy victory for Ash. So, either a crushing defeat or an easy win!

If Ash battles Kiawe, I think it would come close, but maybe the lack of a Z move will be the difference that gives the battle to Kiawe. We clearly see that once Pikachu masters its Z move it will slay for a while.

I don't necessarily think Pikachu is doing poorly per se, but it's just obvious that they adjusted pikachu to the start of the region vibe. I wish they would just keep Pikachu as strong as it was from the XY league, and just have Ash capture something new within the 1-2 episodes that can battle all the novice pokemon, with Pikachu sitting out of gyms and not being used until there are tough opponents or the 3rd gym at the earliest. Le sigh, I swear it wouldn't be that hard to keep Pikachu at a stronger plane

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
I'd like James Bottle Cap collection to come into play at some point and have TR Pokemon be hyper trained :) Then we'll see how Ash and company cope, lol

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

DatsRight

It would be interesting if the school held tournaments akin to OS and BW, I could see that being used as a study method.

I'd like James Bottle Cap collection to come into play at some point and have TR Pokemon be hyper trained :) Then we'll see how Ash and company cope, lol

The thing is, which TR Pokemon would be at lv 100 to gain Hyper Training?

Though I could MAYBE see Meowth being so due to the whole 'used up all his EXP to learn to talk' plot point. As mentioned before a 'powerful Meowth' arc would be interesting.

I don't mind Pikachu struggling a little especially against Mimikyu. It makes things more interesting for me, unlike in XY when it and Ash steamrolled through almost every opponent.

I feel like XY was answering to the complaints BW suffered a bit TOO much. So in response to the whole annoyances with the hero cast being more flawed and 'losers' in many regards (eg. Iris being called out for bad training, Ash suffering a reset and being more of a butt monkey), XY was made more an easy pathway for it's hero squad with them more firmly on the winning end of things, something that ended up just as irritating an extreme and castrating development. Even when they were losing or just not winning completely against the likes of Team Rocket, the plot would often take pity on them and roll things back in their favour, like it had become too afraid to put them on the receiving end again. It was a bit too much of a feel good series over BW's more cynical look into the cast's foibles.

Sun/Moon is hopefully aiming for a happy medium, since while Ash and Pikachu are back to being challenged and on the losing end sometimes, it is owed more down to good opponents and inexperience with the new challenges and scenarios. Whenever they're back in their comfort zone they usually look pretty competent.

Last edited:

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Ilima has a chance of arriving before the Trials arc. He is a prominent alumnus of the Trainer School that the main cast attends. I can see him coming late into the anime, battling Ash and leaving him with the concept of his trials and the island challenges that help transitions School arc to Trial arc.

KungFuMaster

KungFu Zen Mode
So Basically:
Episode 3: Rotom Focus
Episode 4: Mallow Focus?
Episode 5: Lana Focus
Episode 6: Sophocles Focus
Episode 7: Kiawe Focus?
Episode 8: Lillie Focus?

Not sure if Kiawe will get the Focus, and also not sure if Episode is counted as Mallow Focus or rather Rowlet? if not then Episode 7 counts as Litten Focus and later on we'll get the other companions?

phanpycross

God-king
So Basically:

Not sure if Kiawe will get the Focus, and also not sure if Episode is counted as Mallow Focus or rather Rowlet? if not then Episode 7 counts as Litten Focus and later on we'll get the other companions?

I think episode 1&2 were Mallow and Kiawe. Both were way more established in their personalities and interests than the other 3 classmates.

Althrough Id be pretty shocked if episode 9&10 didnt involve them getting focus.

Remix2

So Basically:

I wouldn't count episode 4 as a mallow focused episode since she was basically useless in that episode, and episode 7 will most likely focus on ash and litten then kiawe.

Last edited:

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Kiawe and Mao chan episodes are next. I hope we get a Principal Samson & Prof Kukui episode as well. I like learning more of those guys.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
Kiawe and Mao chan episodes are next. I hope we get a Principal Samson & Prof Kukui episode as well. I like learning more of those guys.

If we get a Samson Oak focus episode, then it had better not be 25 minutes of Pokémon puns, or else I might have to pass on that one. However, I would really like a Professor Kukui focus episode. I don't think it's been revealed yet that he studies Pokémon moves (which is rather surprising, as you think that would have come up in conversation by now), and I would like to see some focus on his research.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So Basically:

I think:
SM3: Rotom
SM4: Rowlet
SM5: Lana and Pop
SM6: Soph and Toga
SM7: Litten
SM8: Lillie
SM9: Kiawe and Turto
SM10: Mallow and Bounsweet
SM11: Ash catches ???
SM12: Kukui
SM13: Oak
SM14: TR catches Bewear?

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
rotomdex is that guy that tries to apply game logic in the anime. little does he know about the powers of anime logic and plot armour.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I don't want there to be any Trials.

Janovy

Banned
I'm probably in the minority when I say this, but I don't want there to be any Trials.
That's like saying you don't want there to be any gyms.

Because Trials are this gen's gyms.

Status
Not open for further replies.