• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Why can't they appear in both the anime and the movies? Didn't something like that happen in DP?

Remix2

Giving the illustration, Im going with the UB and necrozma in the main anime while nebby solgaleo and Lunala in the movies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm starting to think they should have introduced a rival for Ash who was also starting out on their journey. Gladion is too strong right now it seems, like Pikachu would be the only real one who could take Lycanroc and presumably, Umbreon also.

I'd almost REALLY have enjoyed it more if they introduced Gladion with just a rockruff that could rival Ash's rockruff and then still have his Umbreon that could rival Pikachu as being with them since they started being with pokemon. That way they could actually explain Ash being on par with a rival, and not have episodes where he's about to get pounded but TRio come and save him by getting pounded instead lol. I do think TRio interupting was a good thing, but not for serebii :p

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I'm starting to think they should have introduced a rival for Ash who was also starting out on their journey. Gladion is too strong right now it seems, like Pikachu would be the only real one who could take Lycanroc and presumably, Umbreon also.

I'd almost REALLY have enjoyed it more if they introduced Gladion with just a rockruff that could rival Ash's rockruff and then still have his Umbreon that could rival Pikachu as being with them since they started being with pokemon. That way they could actually explain Ash being on par with a rival, and not have episodes where he's about to get pounded but TRio come and save him by getting pounded instead lol. I do think TRio interupting was a good thing, but not for serebii :p

I agree with your point. And that's another big reason why I feel he should have had Type :Null from the beginning. His whole point was to grow stronger with Type : Null and get its helmet off. This would have been better in the anime as well, as if he started with a relatively new Type : Null, it would give him as much of a reason as Ash to get stronger. He could have still had his Umbreon to match Pikachu, but Type : Null as his focus to get stronger.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
I recently had a dream where Hau appeared in the anime.

Not to overestimate myself, but... Sometimes, I indeed do have fortunetelling powers. This might be a sign..!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I recently had a dream where Hau appeared in the anime.

Not to overestimate myself, but... Sometimes, I indeed do have fortunetelling powers. This might be a sign..!

The odds of that happening are looking better now, Illima got in and he's completely irrelevant to the plot with Melemele's Trials done.
I really hope we get Hau. I hate friendly rivalries, but Hau is cool

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Since Lillie can now hold Pikachu I'm really hoping

[Spoil]Lusamine cryogenically freezes Ash's Pikachu which gives both Ash and Lillie a sense of involvement (because Ash will get involved as he's a MC and Lillie for her mother and one of a few Pokemon she can play with).

Would also like Lusamine to call out Ash that what she's doing is no different to Ash, who replaces his roster every generation so he wakes up and we can see some reserve action in the league[/spoil]

Janovy

Banned
This fandom is so contradictory.

First, TR is super annoying appearing in every single episode. The writers are blamed for their lack of creativity.

Now that TR doesn't appear as much, fans are annoyed that writers aren't using them lmao.

Yet another blatant example of how utterly dumb this fandom is. You cannot make anyone happy.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

First, TR is super annoying appearing in every single episode. The writers are blamed for their lack of creativity.

Now that TR doesn't appear as much, fans are annoyed that writers aren't using them lmao.

Yet another blatant example of how utterly dumb this fandom is. You cannot make anyone happy.

Honestly I'm glad they're not in every single episode. It was annoying how they were shoehorned into every episode like in DP and in XY. I'll gladly take them being absent for several episodes.

Janovy

Banned
Honestly I'm glad they're not in every single episode. It was annoying how they were shoehorned into every episode like in DP and in XY. I'll gladly take them being absent for several episodes.
Same here.

TR actually feel like properly written characters in SM, which is what can't be said for XY.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I really hope Hau, Ilima, Acerola and Mina appear at some time during the S/M saga. Most of the Trial Captains are part of the main cast, but for some reason we haven't seen Ilima during Ash's first trial, and Hau didn't appear right from the beginning, like he does in the games.

I also wonder what form of Lycanroc Ash's Rockruff will evolve into - Midnight Form Lycanroc would look cooler, but he'd probably get confused with Olivia's when the episode about her comes up.

Spyro39

Agreed. SM027 was an example of how unnecessary it was for them to appear and cause trouble.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I also wonder what form of Lycanroc Ash's Rockruff will evolve into - Midnight Form Lycanroc would look cooler, but he'd probably get confused with Olivia's when the episode about her comes up.

Except

The most recent anime episode introduced Olivia, and the writers changed her Lycanroc from Midnight form to Midday form. On top of that, Gladion has a Midnight Lycanroc in the anime. That means both forms of Lycanroc have been debuted by important characters. The fact that Gladion, who is likely to be a recurring rival, has Midnight Lycanroc might hint toward Ash's Rockruff evolving into Midday Lycanroc (since Olivia might not appear much, if at all, after her Grand Trial).

DatsRight

I think it's more people fear they've chosen just omitting them for the most part over just using them moderately and creatively in episodes. Granted it is a little too early to speculate, I'm pretty sure they appeared even less in BW.

I do definitely like the twerps having more episode roles that aren't interrupted and solved by a TR curb stomp (I wouldn't mind more cases of an unconnected B plot with the trio though, that's often where they shine the best).

Last edited:

dp045

But if all those who like SM find nothing annoying. Do you really bother so much the opinion of some fans? Yes, everyone should appreciate SM because it is very good. It can not be that there are people who do not share the same opinion !!! (Close sarcasm).

But if the TR is not forced in all episodes is the best, although I understand the annoyance of some because it feels as if they left aside TR for filler episodes. All in all, with the three guys from the TS it is likely that in the future they will continue to exploit rivalry with these and give focus to Jessie, James and Meowth (please, the Bewear officially joins the gang).

Last edited:

SinnohEevee

I think the TRio should have quit the show after DP. I find them boring, doing the same thing over and over.

Psychotic

NotLikeThis

The fanbase isn't literally a hivemind. These are different people you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.