• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:
The moment Hau was revealed, I love how everyone on the internet started writing essays about how he'll be the next dream killer.

I'm not even sure that there's even a dream left to kill at this point, although I'd take Hau defeating Satoshi over Gladio doing that any day.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It'd be nice if he is.
He could be Cameron done right if they play their cards right. A Cameron/Morrison/Sawyer hybrid, he becomes Ash's friend and rival, them having a friendly rivalry going on even outside of battle. However when it comes to battling Hau is quite evidently an underdog, though by the time the League comes around Hau quickly switches things up and ends up becoming stronger, powerful enough to manage to overtake Ash and get the win!

I'd love seeing Hau win, it'd be way better than the shitty idea of Ash's teacher crushing his student's dream. That's just terrible

One of my biggest objections to Hau is that everyone with access to a screen will start their essays on how "Hau's a Marty Stu", "Hau didn't deserve Ash's dream", "Hau do I have the patience to continue reading this crap".

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Wonder if it's significant that Hau doesn't have a Z-Ring or Z-Power Ring on the poster. He does in the games, so...

A mistake? Or will he get it later?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Wonder if it's significant that Hau doesn't have a Z-Ring or Z-Power Ring on the poster. He does in the games, so...

It could be either way. Just because he doesn’t have a Z-Ring on the poster doesn’t mean he could get one later.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
What? Where was it said that Dusk Lycanroc was created for the anime?

It's a third form that keeps Ash from having either of the two established forms. I think that speaks for itself.

ShadowForce720

It's a third form that keeps Ash from having either of the two established forms. I think that speaks for itself.

Not really because, there is no evidence that would imply or prove that the created the Dusk Lycanroc just for the anime, they could have very easily had planned on having a 3rd form of Lycanroc being introduce in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon and wanted a good way to show it off and promote it so they gave to Ash. It's extremely unlikely that they created it just to prevent Ash from having one of the other two forms, also it's not like Dusk Lycanroc is really superior to the other 2 forms as it's pretty clear it's meant to be on par with the other 2 forms and just be another form of Lycanroc.

This isn't like Ash-Greninja where they specifically created a new stage for a pokemon just because they wanted to have Ash have a pokemon that was on the level of a mega but they didn't want Ash's ace to be a non-Kalos pokemon so they created the concept of Ash-Greninja, so that Greninja could still be Ash's ace. Where in the case of Dusk Lycanroc since it wasn't going to be introduce until Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon they most likely choose to give Olivia a Midday Lycanroc, Gladion a Midnight Lycanroc, and Ash a Dusk Lycanroc so that they could promote all 3 forms of Lycanroc and have Dusk Lycanroc show up in episode 37 rather then being force to debut it much later and create a character just to debut it.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It's unfortunate that Greninja is the only 6th gen starter with a special form, unlike Delphox & Chesnaught.

Mega Charizard X & Mega Sceptile got alot of spotlights in the XY anime, but the starters of their respective regions can still have access to Mega Evolutions.

As for Dusk Lycanroc, it might not be more powerful than the other 2 Lycanroc forms, but it just continues the trend that Ash got the special privilege of having it & Ash-Greninja before they made appearences in the games.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

TRio isn't wearing z-ring in the poster, doesn't mean they don't have one!

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
TRio isn't wearing z-ring in the poster, doesn't mean they don't have one!

Yeah, except unlike Lana, Team Rocket doesn't consistently wear their Z-Power Ring after they obtained it.

Heck, they aren't even in their Team Rocket uniforms, so why would they be wearing the Z-Power Ring?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Hau crushed my dreams of Ash having his Sinnoh level team again... what's the point of having 2 starters if only 1 of them is gonna evolve despite the other doing far more work?

Anyway, if it's Cameron all over again, please please please be less annoying and more intelligent... Better yet, just use game Hau's personality to a T

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Dusk Lycanroc was not something the writers commissioned Game Freak to create for Ash.

Ash-Greninja WAS the commission, though.

Technically even AG was also influenced from the SM game which were scheduled to be released the year later, even director confirmed it that he wanted to give ash a special form which is not mega evolution so he come up with whole AG stuff, it became so popular that they then included the whole AG in the next game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
U.N. Owen said:
One of my biggest objections to Hau is that everyone with access to a screen will start their essays on how "Hau's a Marty Stu", "Hau didn't deserve Ash's dream", "Hau do I have the patience to continue reading this crap".

Fans will complain regardless of how he's handled. Besides, we don't know how he'll turn out on-screen, much less if he even has a future as Satoshi's final Alola League opponent.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh God. I just realized, if Hau's in the anime, then they're most likely going to reference his love of malasada.
Oh right. Then that could be a reason Team Rocket could get more mechas to forward their schemes and we could see them relax more often.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
So, let's see what we know:
+ TR will capture a Stufful, apparently. I guess this will to compensate the evidence that Bewear will no longer be with Team Rocket once the Alola's adventures are over.
+ Misty and Brock return and visit Ash on Alola. I don't know why, but I hope it will last for the whole season. I really miss these two.
+ We finally see Hau, and apparently, he has a Dartrix. I guess this confirms there will be a Alola League and Hau will be part of it.
+ It surprises me the fact of Ash capturing an Eevee, but I guess it's to promote "Let's Go Pikachu" and "Let's Go Eevee". I think it will be fun.

Now, things I hope to see:
+ We can't see Ash's other Pokemon in the poster, so I hope for the best: Torracat evolving to Incineroar, Rowlet evolving to Dartrix (and later, to Decidueye), and possibly, another surprise.
+ More UltraGuardian missions: Ash't team still hasn't face Pheromosa, Kartana and Guzzlord. This last one will surely bring a great plot. Probably envolving Team Rainbow Rocket.
+ Ash's last trial: Ash still has to go to Poni Island and and face the last Grand Trial. For the Ground Pokemon, he better makes Rowlet evolve. And if he has to fight the Dragon Pokemon, I don't see how he will do it without Poipole. I guess his best hope is for Torracat to evolve to Incineroar and learn Outrage or Dual Chop (better this one), and since they are half Fighting types, Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye evolving and learning a powerful Flying move. While they are at Poni Island, surely Sophocles Charjabug will evolve to Vikavolt.
+ Team Skull: We still haven't see these guys properly, outside of its "Three Stooges". Guzma and Plumeria still have to debut.
+ Alola's League: This will be surely the last episodes of the season, right before the start of the new Generation and Ash going back to Kanto. Since this would be the very first edition of the Pokemon League in Alola, there's a chance for Ash to win it.

+ Team Rainbow Rocket: Even with Necorzma's arc ended, Team Rocket could still be after the other Ultra Beasts to create an army, so there's still the chance to see Giovanni and the others here as the big villains. Not to mention the chance to see the past villains from other regions too.
+ Nature's Madness: In order to defeat Team Rainbow Rocket, I believe the Alolan Guardians will need the help of the UltraGuardians, and they will possibly share with them the power of their Tapunium Z to make their Z-Moves against Team Rainbow Rocket.
+ Marshadow: This Legendary Pokemon should appear officially; after all, it already made a cameo back in the episode where RotomDex lost its body.
+ Mew and Mewtwo: This will probably happen in the next movie, but because of Team Rainbow Rocket, we could see the return of both Mewtwos here. They could finally debut both Mega-Evolutions in the Anime. And Mew could appear with its Z-Move, Genesis Supernova.
+ Ultra Recon Squad: Team Rainbow Rocket's plot could bring us the debut of these characters. They will surely amplify the intensity of the plot.
+ Poipole's Return: Team Rainbow Rocket will definitely appear, and if they manage to cross an Ultra-Hole or something, this could give us the return of Ash's Poipole. And hopefully, this time, he will stay with Ash and it will evolve.

+ Mantine Surf: If Hau is going to debut, it's very possible that this mini-game will debut too. And it does, Ash's Pikachu could finally learn to use the move Surf, which will be a great asset for our favourite Pokemon.
+ Ash's Greninja returns: Before the Pokemon League starts, I wish for the return of Ash's Greninja for this Pokemon League. If the Pokemon School makes another trip to another region (hoping for Kalos), it would be a perfect chance to bring back Ash's Greninja, just like Ash's Charizard returned previously.

Well, what do you think?

XY&Z Legend

Just chillin
So, let's see what we know:
+ TR will capture a Stufful, apparently. I guess this will to compensate the evidence that Bewear will no longer be with Team Rocket once the Alola's adventures are over.
+ Misty and Brock return and visit Ash on Alola. I don't know why, but I hope it will last for the whole season. I really miss these two.
+ We finally see Hau, and apparently, he has a Dartrix. I guess this confirms there will be a Alola League and Hau will be part of it.
+ It surprises me the fact of Ash capturing an Eevee, but I guess it's to promote "Let's Go Pikachu" and "Let's Go Eevee". I think it will be fun.

Now, things I hope to see:
+ We can't see Ash's other Pokemon in the poster, so I hope for the best: Torracat evolving to Incineroar, Rowlet evolving to Dartrix (and later, to Decidueye), and possibly, another surprise.
+ More UltraGuardian missions: Ash't team still hasn't face Pheromosa, Kartana and Guzzlord. This last one will surely bring a great plot. Probably envolving Team Rainbow Rocket.
+ Ash's last trial: Ash still has to go to Poni Island and and face the last Grand Trial. For the Ground Pokemon, he better makes Rowlet evolve. And if he has to fight the Dragon Pokemon, I don't see how he will do it without Poipole. I guess his best hope is for Torracat to evolve to Incineroar and learn Outrage or Dual Chop (better this one), and since they are half Fighting types, Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye evolving and learning a powerful Flying move. While they are at Poni Island, surely Sophocles Charjabug will evolve to Vikavolt.
+ Team Skull: We still haven't see these guys properly, outside of its "Three Stooges". Guzma and Plumeria still have to debut.
+ Alola's League: This will be surely the last episodes of the season, right before the start of the new Generation and Ash going back to Kanto. Since this would be the very first edition of the Pokemon League in Alola, there's a chance for Ash to win it.

+ Team Rainbow Rocket: Even with Necorzma's arc ended, Team Rocket could still be after the other Ultra Beasts to create an army, so there's still the chance to see Giovanni and the others here as the big villains. Not to mention the chance to see the past villains from other regions too.
+ Nature's Madness: In order to defeat Team Rainbow Rocket, I believe the Alolan Guardians will need the help of the UltraGuardians, and they will possibly share with them the power of their Tapunium Z to make their Z-Moves against Team Rainbow Rocket.
+ Marshadow: This Legendary Pokemon should appear officially; after all, it already made a cameo back in the episode where RotomDex lost its body.
+ Mew and Mewtwo: This will probably happen in the next movie, but because of Team Rainbow Rocket, we could see the return of both Mewtwos here. They could finally debut both Mega-Evolutions in the Anime. And Mew could appear with its Z-Move, Genesis Supernova.
+ Ultra Recon Squad: Team Rainbow Rocket's plot could bring us the debut of these characters. They will surely amplify the intensity of the plot.
+ Poipole's Return: Team Rainbow Rocket will definitely appear, and if they manage to cross an Ultra-Hole or something, this could give us the return of Ash's Poipole. And hopefully, this time, he will stay with Ash and it will evolve.

+ Mantine Surf: If Hau is going to debut, it's very possible that this mini-game will debut too. And it does, Ash's Pikachu could finally learn to use the move Surf, which will be a great asset for our favourite Pokemon.
+ Ash's Greninja returns: Before the Pokemon League starts, I wish for the return of Ash's Greninja for this Pokemon League. If the Pokemon School makes another trip to another region (hoping for Kalos), it would be a perfect chance to bring back Ash's Greninja, just like Ash's Charizard returned previously.

Well, what do you think?

Those are some very cool ideas. One other thing I hope to see is whether Ash & Co. will meet Looker & Anabel during their Ultra Guardians mission. It would be interesting to see how the anime will handle the faller theory and whether or not Anabel still rememebers Ash after time has passed.

Leonhart

Imagineer
yab said:
Am I the only one not that interested in Hau? His character in the games wasn't anything special, and in the anime he'll probably just be another one of those boring friendly rivals that we've seen a dozen of times over now.

I don't think he's amazing per se either, although since Gen VII doesn't have that many rivals anyway, our choices of opponents for Satoshi are limited.

Xeogran

Marshadow Fan
Am I the only one not that interested in Hau? His character in the games wasn't anything special, and in the anime he'll probably just be another one of those boring friendly rivals that we've seen a dozen of times over now.

I just want to see him make Team Rocket rich by buying all of their Malasadas.

D

Deleted member 384931

Looks too much like Ash personality wise and too much like Sawyer in terms of looks

Status
Not open for further replies.