• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
Its the same with SM. I know Anabel won't make sense if she appears again but they could include Looker if they tie it in with Monh's disappearance.

Lila's possible appearance during the search for Mohn never occurred to me before, but that does give me some hope that she could show up since there's still some Ultra Space stuff that needs to be taken care of and Lila actually has relevance to that in the games.

Revolver Furious Dragon

As long as we get snarky style Gary and not mature professor style Gary. I really enjoy him more when he's a rude smartass.

I'd like a combination both. For the most part the more mature Gary but battling ash brings out more of his old personality

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
As long as we get snarky style Gary and not mature professor style Gary. I really enjoy him more when he's a rude smartass.

I'd like a bit of snark, but not too much. Otherwise it seems like a digression, no reason he can't be both mature and snarky. Along with playfully teasing Ash since they're friends, no reason for him to be rude.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:

I think that the days of him being a jerk are effectively over given his character development after the Jouto League. He can still come across as patronizing though, which is the next best thing to him really trying to push Satoshi's buttons.

MockingJ

Banned
I'd like a bit of snark, but not too much. Otherwise it seems like a digression, no reason he can't be both mature and snarky. Along with playfully teasing Ash since they're friends, no reason for him to be rude.

Well there's a fine line between him just being rude to tease Ash as a buddy, and him wanting to make Ash genuinely angry. I was hoping for the former not the latter.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s pleasing watching Ash be the OC dream crusher for once instead of being the victim of one for once

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
It’s pleasing watching Ash be the OC dream crusher for once instead of being the victim of one for once

The thought of Satoshi being the "dream crusher" doesn't sound accurate to me in the sense that his win against Gladio wouldn't really be him crushing Gladio's dream since Gladio's main goal seems to be to find his father. Winning a League isn't Gladio's main priority, so even if he loses to Satoshi, he won't really lose much overall.

Leonhart

Imagineer
DatsRight said:
Ash is liable to be Guzma's dream smasher (or, and Faba's). :p

I mean Ash vs Guzma thus far looks like one big trauma conga for Guzma.

I hadn't considered Guzma's dream as being crushed since he's a villainous character and his goal seems completely selfish, but I suppose that it technically still counts. I want to see how he'll handle the humiliation and if he'll choose to retaliate later.

Ignition

The thought of Satoshi being the "dream crusher" doesn't sound accurate to me in the sense that his win against Gladio wouldn't really be him crushing Gladio's dream since Gladio's main goal seems to be to find his father. Winning a League isn't Gladio's main priority, so even if he loses to Satoshi, he won't really lose much overall.
Wasn’t meant to be taken seriously

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Here's a bit of speculation.

Rewatching some of the league episodes, I think there's an unusual amount of time spent focusing on James' new mecha. He's styling it as the most powerful one he's ever built, and with the loads of money Team Rocket has been making from their donut stand, there is foundation for an insanely powerful robot.

I don't actually think it'll be used against Ash & Pikachu. The outstanding storylines that need to be finished before SM ends:

-Mohn/Magearna
-Snowy evolution
-Pikachu & Tapu Koko
-Team Rocket accomplishments
-Ultra Beast apocalypse/Dia
-Graduation & goodbyes

In Kalos, Ash was sort of the hero of the Team Flare arc even though he and Greninja were closer to damsels-in-distress. I don't think Ash will play that role here since Alola has been very big on the community effort - look at how Ultra Necrozma was resolved, literally the entire region in two different dimensions worked together to resurrect him.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Team Rocket's Ulta Mecha, then, is the hero who saves Alola from the terror of Guzzlord? That would neatly solve the UB apocalypse while also giving TR a tangible accomplishment. During the UB apocalypse in Dia's world, Z-Power stopped working right before Guzzlord appeared, removing the only way of permanently defeating it. If the poisoned land was the cause of the Tapus losing power (Fairies weak to Poison?), I can see the Alolans working together to clean stuff up while Team Rocket battles the UBs.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Here's a bit of speculation.

Rewatching some of the league episodes, I think there's an unusual amount of time spent focusing on James' new mecha. He's styling it as the most powerful one he's ever built, and with the loads of money Team Rocket has been making from their donut stand, there is foundation for an insanely powerful robot.

I don't actually think it'll be used against Ash & Pikachu. The outstanding storylines that need to be finished before SM ends:

-Mohn/Magearna
-Snowy evolution
-Pikachu & Tapu Koko
-Team Rocket accomplishments
-Ultra Beast apocalypse/Dia
-Graduation & goodbyes

In Kalos, Ash was sort of the hero of the Team Flare arc even though he and Greninja were closer to damsels-in-distress. I don't think Ash will play that role here since Alola has been very big on the community effort - look at how Ultra Necrozma was resolved, literally the entire region in two different dimensions worked together to resurrect him.

Wouldn't it be brilliant if Team Rocket's Ulta Mecha, then, is the hero who saves Alola from the terror of Guzzlord? That would neatly solve the UB apocalypse while also giving TR a tangible accomplishment. During the UB apocalypse in Dia's world, Z-Power stopped working right before Guzzlord appeared, removing the only way of permanently defeating it. If the poisoned land was the cause of the Tapus losing power (Fairies weak to Poison?), I can see the Alolans working together to clean stuff up while Team Rocket battles the UBs.
Even better, what if that happens and the Mech is able to absorb electricity (as a counter to Pikachu), so Ash uses 10MV, Dia uses GVH, and both Kokos use Discharge to power up the mech?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never considered the possibility of the Rocket-dan's new mecha being used for good, although I still think that given SM's track record, the mecha will most likely be treated as some generic threat and not as a plot device to save the region.

Ignition

Still disappointed that we’re most likely never going to see Hau interact with the Aether family. He had great moments with all of them in the games

MockingJ

Banned
I never considered the possibility of the Rocket-dan's new mecha being used for good, although I still think that given SM's track record, the mecha will most likely be treated as some generic threat and not as a plot device to save the region.

It'll probably blow up as soon as Jessie and James mobilize because that's the kind of thing that would happen to them. I'll be impressed if it actually does something important though like if we get some wannabe Rainbow Team Rocket episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.