• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If 140 is related to mohn I'd hope 141 would be the conclusion. Hmm maybe ash gets poipole back and so he can actually have a full battle in 142

At least Poipole's return could be somewhat believable during the Guzzlord crisis.
If they bother bringing him back though, they better let Poipole stay like Gliscor

D

Deleted member 384931

At least we can detract yourself from the 29th September with new episodes

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
I'll be impressed if it actually does something important though like if we get some wannabe Rainbow Team Rocket episode.

Speaking of them, I would've expected some form of Rainbow Rocket-dan involvement at the League prior to finding out about Akuziking's appearance at the Alola League stadium, but now I'm guessing that if we get any sign of them it'll probably be in an episode after the tournament is over.

MockingJ

Banned
They would not dedicate a 6v6 match between Gladion and Kukui. Two characters with no significant relationship and HASN'T been built up across the entire saga

Yeah this. I like Gladion as much as the next guy, but I don't think he's important enough to warrant a whole on screen six on six battle.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I like Gladio a lot and after the way that Hau ended up being such a disappointing rival for Satoshi, Gladio has become my default favorite Alola rival. But even though I like him, I also doubt that the full battle during the exhibition match involves him challenging Kukui-hakase since we very rarely get to see rivals participate in full battles against anyone other than Satoshi.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
I like Gladio a lot and after the way that Hau ended up being such a disappointing rival for Satoshi, Gladio has become my default favorite Alola rival. But even though I like him, I also doubt that the full battle during the exhibition match involves him challenging Kukui-hakase since we very rarely get to see rivals participate in full battles against anyone other than Satoshi.

A great example here was Alain who, even though had a full Team did only use Charizard for the Zygarde incident. I would've loved to see rest of his Pokemon in action there.

DatsRight

One thing I could see going in Gladion's favour is that the league is trying to bulk up on character dynamics, having duos and combinations that weren't often tried before. They already beefed up Kiawe and Gladion into legit rivals despite barely interacting before, so maybe something between Gladion and Kukui could happen.

Of course the fact he is fighting for his father could easily just lead up to a vindication story with Guzzlord, with Mohn actually being part of the whole thing. Winning a league would be small potatoes to actually getting him back after all.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would've preferred if Gladio had more of a reason to want to win the Alola League, that way I would be able to empathize with him more if he does win. But his motivations seem lackluster so far and he's almost the same as Alain was in the sense that him participating in the League feels almost like something that was decided at the last minute to give Satoshi a challenge.

SatoSereFan224888

I think the cast should be just Ash, Victor, and Gloria. Ash would be tutoring Gloria and Victor. Ash will not battle the gyms. He's decided they've become tedious. Now he wants to teach the next generation of trainers how to be great.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I think the cast should be just Ash, Victor, and Gloria. Ash would be tutoring Gloria and Victor. Ash will not battle the gyms. He's decided they've become tedious. Now he wants to teach the next generation of trainers how to be great.

Ash getting Bored of gyms? Never gonna happen

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:

You keep saying that despite him being far from the type of person who would mentor someone full-time. Him just getting "bored" of his goal makes little sense anyway given that determination and passion are his two biggest personality traits.

I also find it hard to imagine a kid who just spent a long time studying at the Pokemon School [yet learned nothing of value] decide that he wants to spend time passing on his knowledge to other trainers given that his Pokemon knowledge is ridiculously inconsistent to begin with. He's no Ilima.

SatoSereFan224888

You keep saying that despite him being far from the type of person who would mentor someone full-time. Him just getting "bored" of his goal makes little sense anyway given that determination and passion are his two biggest personality traits.

I also find it hard to imagine a kid who just spent a long time studying at the Pokemon School [yet learned nothing of value] decide that he wants to spend time passing on his knowledge to other trainers given that his Pokemon knowledge is ridiculously inconsistent to begin with. He's no Ilima.

Ash would be 20 years old in Sword & Shield. He was like 16 in my opinion in Kalos.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash bored of gyms lol

Gyms are the only way the kid's going to become a Pokemon Master. If anything Ash would be excited to fight in a gym again given how long it's been

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:
Ash would be 20 years old in Sword & Shield. He was like 16 in my opinion in Kalos.

I don't understand why you would add six years to his age or why your personal head canon should trump actual facts. Satoshi was confirmed to be ten at the beginning of his Alola journey via his biography on the official Japanese SM anime website anyway, and if you ask me it isn't rational to think that he's aged by that much since then.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I also don't think that Ash would be a mentor character in this new saga unless he is aged up considerably.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I also don't think that Ash would be a mentor character in this new saga unless he is aged up considerably.

I could see him as a mentor figure. But to a rival rather then a travelling companion

Status
Not open for further replies.