• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Having Magearna activated and limelighted for what are likely only about half a dozen episodes left of SM would seem a waste though. It would make sense if they were saving its proper screen time for SS. Same for the other girls' secondaries like Sandy and Shaymin who've had barely any development at all.

We already have hints on how Magearna gets reactivated, since her eyes glow whenever Lillie exhibits strong emotion. I would expect some payoff when the method has been foreshadowed. I don't think Mohn is the missing ingredient, although finding him would be a strong motivation and I think it's a tad silly for him to still be in Alola.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Doppelgänger said:
We already have hints on how Magearna gets reactivated, since her eyes glow whenever Lillie exhibits strong emotion. I would expect some payoff when the method has been foreshadowed. I don't think Mohn is the missing ingredient, although finding him would be a strong motivation and I think it's a tad silly for him to still be in Alola.

If emotions are what might reactive Magearna, then I think Lilie reuniting with Mohn would be the key to its awakening since that would probably be one of the most emotional moments of Lilie's life.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I was hoping that we would see Lusamine and Mohn get back together when they reunite, but now I get the sinking feeling that Lusamine will decide that it's better for Mohn to not remember his past like in the games.

Eh... I don't know. In the games, there is a REASON Lusamine decided that Mohn is better off not remembering/ knowing. From Mohn's disappearance to the start of the games. (And this is coming off the Ultra Timeline mind you. Not the vanilla one where she was worse and tried to leave her kids for the Beasts/ intentionally tried to cause a crisis and tried to attack Lillie while at the height of the madness.) She mistreated her kids, mistreated the pokemon she was suppose to care for, took advantage over others and caused an extra dimensional crisis with her attempt to stop Necrozma... all with the goal of "trying to get him back" in mind.

Mohn would have been miserable with all that info.

In the anime, Lusamine did NONE of these things outside of neglecting her kids and smothering them when she DID come around to give attention. So there is less harm to Mohn remembering.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I was hoping that we would see Lusamine and Mohn get back together when they reunite, but now I get the sinking feeling that Lusamine will decide that it's better for Mohn to not remember his past like in the games.

I hope they do that. Lusamine's too good for Mohn, especially in this universe....

Plus.... the guy's literally the least interesting of every SM character conceived. I was hoping he just died offscreen and would never be mentioned

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I hope they do that. Lusamine's too good for Mohn, especially in this universe....

Plus.... the guy's literally the least interesting of every SM character conceived. I was hoping he just died offscreen and would never be mentioned
The heck is wrong with you?

Lusamine isn't the only person Mohn is important to. Plus, you know, Mohn's probably the one who spent more time with the kids in the first place given that anime!Lusamine is a workaholic.

MockingJ

Banned

The anime tends to be more happy go lucky than the games, so if Lusamine and Mohn meet again (and I'm 99% sure they will by the end of SM) then I think they'll get back together which will make their kids happy.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zoruagible said:

I actually agree about him being a rather insipid character. For a while I thought that he'd just be left out of the anime considering that he wasn't even relevant until the last third of the Alola saga. But then again I thought the same thing about Guzma and Hau, yet they ended up becoming important despite their late arrivals.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Personally, I can see that working. He even has the final evolutions of Pikachu and Rowlett.

wellwellwells

The way they set up the teams against Guzzlord might be heavy foreshadowing tbh.

• Champion: Ash/Kukui
  • Elite 4:
    • Hala
    • Olivia
    • Nanu
    • Hapu.
  • 8 Gym Leaders:
    • Gladion (Dark)
    • Kiawe (Fire)
    • Hau (No type)
    • Lillie (Ice/Fairy)
    • Lana (Water)
    • Mallow (Grass)
    • Sophocles (Electric)
    • ???
And maybe Illima completing the 8th?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eddieursa said:
By the way Hau and the other Ultra Guardians dealt with one of the Shiny Guzzlords, I believe they were telling us indirectly that Hau will take Ash's place in the Ultra Guardians once Ash leaves Alola.

Hau replacing Satoshi in that group would actually be really amusing, although I feel like the Ultra Guardians probably won't even exist after Satoshi leaves the region since it seems like the Ultra Beasts have all been handled by this point.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hau replacing Satoshi in that group would actually be really amusing, although I feel like the Ultra Guardians probably won't even exist after Satoshi leaves the region since it seems like the Ultra Beasts have all been handled by this point.

Yep, would have been nice if they actually gave the group one big arc against Matori's group(A plot that literally went nowhere.... all the cool Team Rocket members always get ditched after one appearance. Gozu, Domino, Attila/Hun... they could literally do a Rainbow Rocket with just anime Rocket members if they wanted!). Though hopefully they give Team Rocket the main arc next saga, kill off Matori, Giovanni gets some remorse from his actions and disbands the org before getting arrested, the TRio get pardoned and are free to do whatever, and the end of Team Rocket is complete! Leaving Ash free to get replaced after winning the Galar League without anything feeling unfinished and the TRio getting a proper send off

Instead their final mission was super rushed and not really a mission at all...

Plus, there's always the chance that others are leaving Alola too. Lillie should stay for now so they can work on giving her a goal in Alola episodes instead of giving her in the very last minute, but I can see Kiawe heading off so he can have his rematch with Brock in one episode. Kiawe inspired to participate in the Indigo League due to Ash's accomplishments, and from his earlier interest. And given Soph has an interest in space, it'd be neat if they sent him off to meet Liza and Tate, it'd never happen but it'd be awesome if Brodie showed up in that episode :D

And I don't see the need for them to exist anymore as a group, the whole UB crisis is over.... they're out, and SWSH isn't going to add more. I'd rather see Ranger characters like Jackie to show up and do mediocre stuff like the Golem thing

MockingJ

Banned
Speaking of Matori, I wish she had been around earlier like during Johto since Team Rocket had a lot of little outposts back then and she could've made her debut as Giovanni's assistant in the Delibird episode instead of that old lady that we never saw again.

Status
Not open for further replies.