• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Characters Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Speaking of Matori, I wish she had been around earlier like during Johto since Team Rocket had a lot of little outposts back then and she could've made her debut as Giovanni's assistant in the Delibird episode instead of that old lady that we never saw again.

I would've liked for Matori to have been given Gingie's design from that same episode since it was established that she disliked Musashi, and I would've loved for that to become a recurring gag in the anime with Musashi having a constant rivalry with her. Not that Matori's design is bad or anything, it's just that Gingie was introduced long before Matori and could've easily served the role as Sakaki's secretary.

Lunalah

By the way Hau and the other Ultra Guardians dealt with one of the Shiny Guzzlords, I believe they were telling us indirectly that Hau will take Ash's place in the Ultra Guardians once Ash leaves Alola.

Hau is basically a Hawaiian version of Ash so I guess it would work. I think Hau should've been a classmate right from the start instead of just a friendly rival who showed up when nobody even cared about him anymore.

MockingJ

Banned
I would've liked for Matori to have been given Gingie's design from that same episode since it was established that she disliked Musashi, and I would've loved for that to become a recurring gag in the anime with Musashi having a constant rivalry with her. Not that Matori's design is bad or anything, it's just that Gingie was introduced long before Matori and could've easily served the role as Sakaki's secretary.

You mean Wendy? She was always going to be a minor character at best. I thought that Matori being a fresh new face in Diamond and Pearl was fine and the only old Team Rocket member that I would want to see again in the future is Mondo.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
I just thought about something.

In the Black and White games, right after the end of the Pokemon League, the ceremony was interrupted by the unexpected attack from Team Plasma, with Getchis and the Seven Sages. That didn't happen in its anime, but the next generation's anime had something really similar when Team Flare attacked at the end of Kalos' League.

So, considering the remaining episodes, I don't count with a Team Rainbow Rocket arc anymore. However, I believe it could actually happen on the next anime, at the end of the Galar's League. One of the things that must happen before Ash's adventures come to an end is a rematch against Giovanni, and I think Galar could be the perfect scenario for that. After all, it seems this region's "Team" are just some punks, not a criminal organization.

What do you think?

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!

In the Black and White games, right after the end of the Pokemon League, the ceremony was interrupted by the unexpected attack from Team Plasma, with Getchis and the Seven Sages. That didn't happen in its anime, but the next generation's anime had something really similar when Team Flare attacked at the end of Kalos' League.

So, considering the remaining episodes, I don't count with a Team Rainbow Rocket arc anymore. However, I believe it could actually happen on the next anime, at the end of the Galar's League. One of the things that must happen before Ash's adventures come to an end is a rematch against Giovanni, and I think Galar could be the perfect scenario for that. After all, it seems this region's "Team" are just some punks, not a criminal organization.

What do you think?
I think it could work! :)

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer

What do you think?
I don't think that this will happen because USUM would be old news by the time the next anime saga rolls around.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
so I got to thinking of where the class could go once they split up.

Kiawe: Kanto (to fight with Brock again) or Jouto (learns of the Charicific Valley and decides to check it out)
Lana: Kanto: to battle with Misty, possibly train under her.
Mallow: Possibly stays if she releases Shaymin, otherwise I could see her going to Sinnoh to do it.
Sophocles: the only region I can see him going to is Unova due to it seemingly being more technological than any other region, or he stays.
Lillie: Goes with Gladion in search of her father, so the two would likely be exploring the regions like Ash and Go, though once they find him perhaps they'll go their own ways to separate regions.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Personally I like the idea of The cast becoming trial captains.

The league will be structured that competitors have to complete the island challenge to enter and ash's friend's are invited to help run the challenges.

Except Lillie and gladion who go to kanto like in the games

DatsRight

A shame they didn't just bring back Domino, since she was established as Giovanni's right hand girl and had a more petty hatred of the trio. You could buy into her being a counterpart of Alola Meowth, loving to rub their noses in it and trying desperately to bust them in front of Giovanni and prove they're incompetent slackers, earning Jessie's mutual hatred of her. That could have been a fun dynamic that played on the fact they weren't Giovanni's least favourite employees anymore, even if they arguably deserved to be by this point, not to mention Domino, being another spiteful higher member of TR, would be easy to root for the trio outsmarting.

Matori works as a foil, but she's rather pragmatic, more a straight man and indirect obstacle than a rival for the trio, likely why they struggled to give her a role for a while. I like they brought back a recurring TR member however, and the organisation isn't completely a 'greater scope' entity anymore.

The bigger question is, what happened to Biff and Cassidy???

p96822

Evolve me please
A shame they didn't just bring back Domino, since she was established as Giovanni's right hand girl and had a more petty hatred of the trio. You could buy into her being a counterpart of Alola Meowth, loving to rub their noses in it and trying desperately to bust them in front of Giovanni and prove they're incompetent slackers, earning Jessie's mutual hatred of her. That could have been a fun dynamic that played on the fact they weren't Giovanni's least favourite employees anymore, even if they arguably deserved to be by this point, not to mention Domino, being another spiteful higher member of TR, would be easy to root for the trio outsmarting.

Matori works as a foil, but she's rather pragmatic, more a straight man and indirect obstacle than a rival for the trio, likely why they struggled to give her a role for a while. I like they brought back a recurring TR member however, and the organisation isn't completely a 'greater scope' entity anymore.

The bigger question is, what happened to Biff and Cassidy???

It's really hard to say that Domino is part of the canon series. Plus she was kind of a bland character in the Mewtwo Special. Beside lying to the main cast, she bearly have anything else going for her. She doesn't do anything in the second half of the special, she doesn't have any Pokemon to speech of. Really there is no reason to bring her back into the series

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It's really hard to say that Domino is part of the canon series. Plus she was kind of a bland character in the Mewtwo Special. Beside lying to the main cast, she barely have anything else going for her. She doesn't do anything in the second half of the special, she doesn't have any Pokemon to speech of. Really there is no reason to bring her back into the series
The only thing that's non-canon in Pokemon is either of the Victini movies, as M20 &M21 are established to be a separate universe. Not sure where M22 falls given its nature as a remake.

Fernsday

To those who saw & understood this week's episode.

What goals/plans did we get for the cast?
Kiawe aspires to become a Kahuna and make his grandfather proud, Sophocles wants to be an astronaut at Mossdeep, Mallow wants her restaurant to be enjoyed by both people and Pokemon hence her working on a menu for Pokemon, Lana wants to meet Manaphy with her father(?) and not 100% sure on Lillie but probs finding her dad I guess

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Kiawe aspires to become a Kahuna and make his grandfather proud, Sophocles wants to be an astronaut at Mossdeep, Mallow wants her restaurant to be enjoyed by both people and Pokemon hence her working on a menu for Pokemon, Lana wants to meet Manaphy with her father(?) and not 100% sure on Lillie but probs finding her dad I guess

Basically Soph wants to do what almost everyone thought he'd do

It's disappointing that Kiawe's not going to challenge Brock..... but at least Lillie's not going to, that's something.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.