• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Here is my current team idea. It, like what others have said about theirs, is subject to change.

Pokémon Sun (I plan on having this version as my main game):

Rowlet-->Dartrix-->?
Grubbin-->Charjabug-->Vikavolt
Salandit-->?

I have some placeholders for now, but I am not sure if I will use these exactly. (These are from most to least likely at this point.)

Jangmo-o-->Hakamo-o-->Kommo-o
Sandygast-->Palossand
Mudbray-->Mudsdale
Mimikyu
Wimpod-->?
Rockruff-->Lycanroc (Midday)
Pikipek-->?

I might cycle through some of these, or I might use some currently unrevealed Pokémon. Either way, I plan on mainly using new Pokémon for my first playthrough.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Moon:
Rowlet - Dartrix - ?
Mudbray - Mudsdale
Turtonator
Oranguru
Tapu Koko
Wimpod.

I've decided to change Turtonator to Alolan Marowak.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Moon Team:

Popplio - Brionne
Cutiefly - Ribombee
Morelull
Comfey
Alola Vulpix - Alola Ninetails
Mimikyu

Sun Team:

Exeggcute - Alola Exeggutor
Alola Grimer - Alola Muk
Sandygast - Palossand
Wishiwashi
Bounsweet - Steenee - Tsareena
Jangmo-o - Hakamo-o - Kommo-o

johno1995

For Moon:

Popplio-->Brionne-->Final
Rockruff-->Lycanroc (midnight)
Stufful-->Bewear
Salandit
Pikachu-->Alolan Raichu

Last slot I'm leaving open until all Pokemon are revealed. I love Bounsweet's line so it might take up that last slot. If not, I'll be using it on my Sun team alongside Litten's line.

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
All I know is that my team will have the starter I chose, the Munchlax you get by Mystery Gift and maybe a cleric 'mon.

lactatingRHINO7

So far the three Pokémon that I know I'm going to have on my team are Popplio, Salandit and Lurantis. Aside from that, I just need to see more Pokémon (although I'm getting the vibe that we've pretty much seen most of them). If there aren't that many new Pokémon I might use a Mudbray and maybe a Vikavolt. I always try to use new Pokemon during my first playthriugh of a generation.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Now, let's assume the leak mention of players creating a league, including their own gym, is true PLEASE SAY IT IS!.

This would require quite a consideration as to what team I should form for a gym. Now, even though I specialize in Ghost-types, what truly dictates the formation of a team is bulkiness. I prefer pokemon high strong defenses and high HP. As an avid staller, I need pokemon that can stand the test of time.

If we are to undergo the forming of a league and gym, it's likely we'll be continuing the three-pokemon limit from ORAS's secret bases. In ORAS I had Aegislash, Spiritomb, and Cofagrigus. I don't intend to replicate this team, but I know for a fact I will have Spiritomb. Spiritomb is the quintessential staller pokemon, and I will always have it on my team. With that, these are the preliminaries:

CONFIRMED FOR TEAM
1. Spiritomb

HOPEFULS - List 1
1. Palossand
2. Silvadi
3. Ninetales
4. Alolan Marowak

HOPEFULS - List 2
1. Oricorio
2. Mimikyu
3. Alolan Ninetales
4. Cofagrigus
5. Dusknoir

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
A month out and I've finally good a reliable idea of what I'd like my team to be.

Rowlet
Grubbin
Jangmo-o
Bruxish/Pyukumuku
Lurantis/Pallosand

The last two depending on how much I enjoy playing with them. But the first three are pretty much guaranteed.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Updated Pokemon I want on my team(I'm gonna play Sun and Moon): Litten, Rowlett, Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Alolan Muk and Alolan Raichu

gamb!t

For team moon it will be:
Torracat
Lycanrock(midnight)
Salandit
MimiKyu (feel sorry for it)
Minior
Oricorio (sensu)

For Sun
Datrix
Silvally
Wishiwashi
Passimian
pipipek
Munchlax

DrakeKoryu

I still haven't decided on my whole team tbh, but currently loving some of the revealed

Rowlet3
Lycanroc(Midnignt)
Tsareena
Komo-o

Xblade13

Experimentalist
Alright, here's an update to my team:

Brionne - WATER (/FAIRY? )
Lycanroc - ROCK
Vikavolt - BUG/ELECTRIC
Kommo-o - DRAGON/FIGHTING
Lurantis or Tsareena - GRASS
??

∆ura

♪♪♪
Gonna be starting off with Litten, and basically rotate Pokemon from there. Two big 'mons I really would like to use are Alolan Raichu and Lycanroc Midday. I'll probably also test out old 'mons to see if they obtained anything new and/or exciting. I dunno, we'll see.

DrakeKoryu

I really want to do the first walkthrough only with new pokémon, but the Alola versions are tempting to say the least, Alolan Marowak is amazing and I really like the whole design of it, but will surely try out to finish the game using only new pokémon, I tried on Y, but still used Charizard at the end as Mega Charizard Y was so great for me, but this time I really want to avoid using last gen pokes.
Alolan Ninetails and Alolan Muk are not helping me either as I also love these two.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Is anyone else doing a Gen 7 only run first? And if so would you count Alolan forms as "new" or no? I always use only new Pokemon in my initial playthroughs, but I'm debating on using an Alolan form (not sure which it would be yet), but I'm hesitant.

I'm using Gen 7 only pokemon, i will only start to use older gen pokemon for ranking matches, Alolan forms are still old pokemon.

My current team for Pokemon Sun

Team 1
Rowlett, Vikavolt, Wishiwashi, Minnior, Crabrawler, Chargabug

Tema 2
Fomantis, Minnior, Crabrawler, Wimpod, Rowlett, Chargabug

Last edited by a moderator:

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
I'm not planning my entire teams yet because I want to add Pokemon I come across to the party when I actually play the game, so far I have:

Sun: Brionne, Lycanroc(Midnight, my friend is evolving my Rockruff with his Moon copy), Kommo-o
Moon: Litten/Rowlet, Pikipek, Lurantis/Tsareena

neo_senku

I'm hoping that exp share will work like it did in gen 6 so i can use a rotation of 10 - 12 pkmn like i did in xy through my play through, if so id like to use the following for the story

Litten - Torracat
Rowlet - Dartrix
Rockruff - Lycanroc midday
Pikipek
Stufful - Beware
Jangmo-o - Hakamo-o - Kommo-o
Wimpod
A Vulpix - A Ninetails
Turtonator
Grubbin - Charjabug - Vikavolt
Formantis - Lurantis
Type: Null - Sivally

roguesandthelike

Noob Saibot
I'm getting Sun of course, so here is my team.

Brionne
Jang Mo-o ( If you can find Passimian first, I will use him until I can find Jang)
Alolan Exeggutor
Alolan Marowak
Pa'u Style Oricorio
Alolan Raichu

Sponge

I only have two Pokemon I feel certain about using right now.

Dartrix
Drampa

Other possibilities include (in not particular order):

Bruxish
Ribombee
Wimpod
Mudsdale
Pallossand
Mimikyu
Pyukumuku
Minior
Morelull
Salandit

Morelull is probably the least likely since I already have a grass type. I'm not totally against having more than one of the same type on my team, but it would need to be something really special for me to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.