• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think I've reached the point where my pre-game team building efforts have hit the dust.

I just realized that considering my love for Ninetales, if I see one (or Vulpix), I will catch it. This means that it will more than likely end up on my initial team. Furthermore, if I come across any of my favorite Ghost, Ice, or Psychic-types, I will more than likely catch them. At this point, what my full team will look like will pretty much depend on how many pokemon I have by the time I reach Olivia, and that will depend on which pokemon are on Melemele and Akala.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Looking at the leaked PokeDex again, and seeing that Fletchling appears to be there, I'll be taking it on my team instead of Salandit. It's Fly/Flame Body combo is too useful to pass up and I want to get into breeding as soon as possible when I finish the post-game. I was hoping it would be catchable for this reason and I'm glad it looks like it will be. My team will now be the following:

- Popplio
- Mudsdale
- Kommo-o
- Oricorio (Pom-Pom)
- Lurantis
- Talonflame

I just hope Fletchling doesn't end up version exclusive. That would really suck.

Wouldnt gale wings talonflame be better?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well since Gen 7 lacks a water type that I like and since I've grown to like Silvally and Kommo-o alot recently, I'm planning on changing my planned Sun team to allow one of them on it. I might even ditch Mudsdale to make space for both. :]

Actually, now that I think about it, with the new tools throw in to stop priority, I might train up a Flame Body Talonflame just to catch people off guard. The base speed of Talonflame is already really nice, so I'm not really losing anything.

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
After seeing all of the demo datamine finds, I'll probably stick with

- Robin Hoot

- alolan Ninetales

- red Oricorio

- Cynder from Spyro aka Salandit's evo (possibly shiny bc those colours are godly <3 )

- Morelull's evo

aaaaand not so sure about the last spot. Either Drampa or one of the lesser fairies. I'll just wing it and see what I'll feel like using.

Maybe I'll just stick Blondie Dugtrio in there and be done with it lol

Novembre

Have you an idea of the nickname you will give to your Pokémon? I think for the first time in 17 years, I will do, but I don't really know how to choose their names...

Wait where was the leak that said what island each pokemon is found on? This could affect my team

First post of the datamine thread.

Changed it up a bit
I like to choose only 3 or 4 then leave 2 open for HM mules
Main team:
Starter Poke (not sure if I will keep using my starter after catching some others I am interested in)
Mimikyu
Turtonator
Grubbin
Crabrawler
Wimpod
Back ups:
Pikipek
Salandit
Mudbray
Jangmo-o
Oranguru
change with more releases

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Ehh I'm not too sure. Not a lot of pokemon in the dex really appeal to me that much.

1. Decidueye
  2. Sea Urchin/Bubble Spider/Lanturn
  3. Pangoro
  4. Garchomp
  5. Mimikyu
  6. -
I'd like to use either the sea urchin or spider assuming they're both Water-types, depending on movepools and stats. Otherwise I'll just use Lanturn if both turn out to be either disappointing or not part water at all. I don't know what the last slot will go to, but it'll likely be a Fire-type.

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Changed it up a bit
I like to choose only 3 or 4 then leave 2 open for HM mules
Main team:
Starter Poke (not sure if I will keep using my starter after catching some others I am interested in)
Mimikyu
Turtonator
Grubbin
Crabrawler
Wimpod
Back ups:
Pikipek
Salandit
Mudbray
Jangmo-o
Oranguru
change with more releases

But I thought we no longer need to use HM moves :eek:

misunderstoodhero

Given the datamine and the recent adorable Mimikyu song I think I've finally found my team for Pokemon Moon

-Popplio3 (Guessing Water/Fairy)
-Lycanroc Midday Form (Rock)
-Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)
-Salandit2 (Fire/Poison)
-Alolan Sandslash (Ice/Steel)
-Kommo-O (Dragon/Fighting)

I don't normally like to repeat types on my teams, but considering that I was facing an imbalance towards having more physical attackers then special attackers on my team, I've replaced Vikavolt with Mimikyu, as it appears the latter can indeed learn Electric moves.

Of course, this is assuming the full Pokedex was leaked and nothing else is going to be revealed.

Subpyro

Choice Scarfed
I'll still be adjusting my team based on the information we receive, but it is currently looking a bit like this;

- Popplio
- Mimikyu
- Comfey
- Silvally
- Alolan Ninetales
- Alolan Raichu

I have posted Popplio because the name of the water starter's final evolution is not known as of right now.

Also, I initially had Pikipek and Jangmo-o on the team, but have then switched them with Comfey and Type: Null because both of their evolution lines were a disappointment for me, while Silvally on the other hand turned pretty awesome.

My current team idea:
Incineroar - cuz fire cat is what I've always wanted
Lurantis - I just plain love its design
Mimikyu - so damn awesome
Snorlax - pre-order gift, also Snorlax is plain adorable
Alola Raichu - SO CUTE

Also here are some possibilities for the last spot:
Ribombee (it has such a cute design)
Ash-Greninja (unlikely, but I do want synchro)
Metagross (upon discovering it is in Alola)
Lycanroc day (despite getting Moon I'm hoping to trade for one)

For post-game I might have Type:Null and UB-01 on my team because I love both their designs.

Last edited:
I'll still be adjusting my team based on the information we receive, but it is currently looking a bit like this;

- Popplio
- Mimikyu
- Comfey
- Silvally
- Alolan Ninetales
- Alolan Raichu

I have posted Popplio because the name of the water starter's final evolution is not known as of right now.

Also, I initially had Pikipek and Jangmo-o on the team, but have then switched them with Comfey and Type: Null because both of their evolution lines were a disappointment for me, while Silvally on the other hand turned pretty awesome.

I think its name is Sirene

MilleniumScar

Spectacular Backfire
My team:

-Litten The wrestler leak is growing on me, I will name it 6-1-Nya
-Lycanroc
-Alolan Exeggutor
-Mimikyu The pokedex entrie are just amazing this gen
-Pikipek *Tucan Sam*
-Alolan Raichu/Ash Pikachu if its really in the game

Last edited by a moderator:

DreamShield

Seeing everything, probably going with:

Popplio, Mimmikyu, Minior, Jangmo'o, and Alolan Vulpix

nothing really else I want to use atm, hopefully playing through something will grow on me, there will be a sentimental event Pokémon, or I'll just use Lunala

Last edited:

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Thus far, my planned team is: Beltigre, Mimikyu, Alola Raichu, Ash-Greninja, Lycanroc, and Lurantis. Depending on how much I like some of the leaked Pokemon, I might change my mind on Raichu.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
-Then Popplio´s final Evo
-Palossand
-Tsareena
-Vikavolt
- Drampa
-Maybe Lycanroc (Day) or UB Beauty

Status
Not open for further replies.