• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

Probably 99.99% going to use this team:
Litten line(I like all three starters so any would be fine but last time I first started with Chespin so I figured I'd go for the Fire type this time and likely go with Water for the next Gen)
Pikipek line(I do like it, a bit disappointed with the typing but oh well)
Rockruff line(I was set on using it from the start)
Fomantis line(Again, was set on using it from the start)
Dewpider line(Probably the hardest to choose simply because I want to use all the Bugs this gen, but I want a diverse team so had to choose one, this line is the least seen so figured I'd go with it)
Sandygast line(I want a sandcastle, simple)

Prefer Pokemon who can evolve, so kind of overlooked most of the standalones; which I was mainly indifferent to, would have loved to use Dhelmise but it's late in the game.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I wanna get rid of Greninja and add Alolan Marowak to my team, but I already have two Ghost-types on it (Decidueye and Mimikyu). The other team members are Lycanroc, Drampa and Alolan Raichu. Is three Ghost-types too much?

Rocking with three Ghost types as well (Decidueye, Oricorio and Palossand), YEAH! Type balance in an in-game team is something people worry too much about. No matter what types you decide to use, you're going to do just fine in the game if you have minimum knowledge in the series (and even then games are becoming more and more new players friendly).

People do monotype runs sometimes and they do just fine! :D It's not like you had three pure Ghost types either. You've got Grass, Fairy and Fire coverage too. ^_^

future.newyorker

Rocking with three Ghost types as well (Decidueye, Oricorio and Palossand), YEAH! Type balance in an in-game team is something people worry too much about. No matter what types you decide to use, you're going to do just fine in the game if you have minimum knowledge in the series (and even then games are becoming more and more new players friendly).

People do monotype runs sometimes and they do just fine! :D

I do Dark type runs all the time, I absolutely love it.

Dragon Pulse

People do monotype runs sometimes and they do just fine! :D It's not like you had three pure Ghost types either. You've got Grass, Fairy and Fire coverage too. ^_^

Thank you!

Orphalesion

So, at this point, with all the pokemon leaked (dn't worry won't mention any spoilers here) I can say I have started to seriously think about what Pokemon are gonna be on my team. I haven't decided the full team yet but half of it will look like this:

Primarina
Ribombee
Alolan Ninetales

I do not care that it's three Fairy types, the fairy types this generation are simply too amazing to not use (except Comfey, Comfey is a disappointment and should feel bad for not being more interesting and stealing both Flabebe's and Klefki's shtick)
To combat the threat of Poison and Steel types I'll probably gonna put either Mudsdale or Pallosand on the team as well. I would use a fire type, but aside from Incineroar I don't like any of the Fire types this gen :-/

hustenapfel

I've finally settled on what I want to use...

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackles
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Greninja
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- Water Shuriken

Arcanine
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed

Flygon
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance

Magnezone
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tri Attack
- Thunder Wave

Crobat
- Leech Life
- Cross Poison
- Steel Wing
- Acrobatics

LePetitMeow

I have four teams picked out depending on re-runs and initial playthroughs. Ive got both games now (yay for connections!), so version exclusives aren't a big deal.

Primarina Team -> Primarina [Water/Fairy], Salazzle [Poison/Fire], Tsareena [Grass], Vikavolt [Bug/Electric], Toucannon [Normal/Flying], Lycanroc - Midnight Form [Rock]
Decidueye Team -> Decidueye [Grass/Ghost], Turtonator [Fire/Dragon], Crabominable [Ice/Fighting], Togedemaru [Electric/Steel], Mudsdale [Ground], Araquanid [Bug/Water]
Incineroar Team -> Incineroar [Fire/Dark], Toxapex [Water/Poison], Lurantis [Grass], Mimikyu [Ghost/Fairy], Passimian [Fighting], Lycanroc - MidDay [Rock]
Alolan Form Team -> Alolan Marowak [Fire/Ghost], Alolan Exeggutor [Grass/Dragon], Alolan Ninetales [Ice/Fairy], Alolan Raichu [Electric/Psychic], Alolan Muk [Poison/Dark], Alolan Dugtrio [Rock/Steel]

I like widening my team's typings and aesthetics, so my decisions were fairly superficial. But I feel like I've got good variety and can pick and choose from each team to build an even better competitive one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Just found out a certain pokemon is exclusive to Sun.

I am so bummed right now. I wanted it on my team so badly.

If you want to know who it is, just click here.
Alolan Ninetales :(

Man I wanted it on my team to )= oh well I may end up playing sun first anyways if it has more exclusives that I like.

Final ideas:

Incineroar - Fire/Dark (named Meowstache, because my friend said when she first saw Litten back in May she thought its whiskers were a moustache and demanded I named Litten after it + meow, which is a cat noise, moustache + meow = Meowstache)
Lurantis - Grass (named Vita, because of a character in my Pokemon fanfic with the same name who had pink hair)
Mimikyu - Ghost/Fairy (named kawaii, because it's cute, but as a bonus if someone mispronounces kawaii it can mean scary, which Mimikyu is meant to be under its cloak)
Alola Raichu - Electric/Psychic (named Thundaaa, because of my first nicknamed Pikachu who had the same name)
Event Snorlax - Normal (idk if I can name it but if I can it's gonna be called Pancake, so its Z-Move will actually be describing said Snorlax)
Lycanroc Day - Rock - because I like it so much I've come up with a trade with a couple of people to get one (I have Moon). Also it'd fit into my idea of using each type only once (will likely ask the person to nickname before trading, and it'll be named Rosie or Mylo, depending on gender, after two of my dogs)

Possible other candidates:
Ribombee -Bug/Fairy - like it a lot but it has the fairy typing, which Mimikyu also possesses (if I do have it I'm naming it Lola, because it's just a cute name which I think suits it well)
Metagross - Psychic/Steel - upon discovering one of my favourite Pokemon was in the Alola Dex, I considered adding it. However, I do kinda want to explore what each Alola Pokemon can do instead of using old ones, plus it has the psychic type which doesn't fit with my idea due to Raichu (if I get it its name will be Steven, because obvious reasons)

The "only one pokemon per type" thing was a coincidence at first btw. I just ended up realising and thinking it'd be a good way to deduce what would be on my team.

So yeah, that's it.

Last edited:
For sure
Lycanroc (midday)
Wishiwashi
Dhelmise
Likely
Alolan Marowak
Minior (dark bue)
Golisopod

Notes:
My team has a crippling weakness to Electric, I'm aware. 3 members are also weak to Water and Rock but those types are more manageable by other team mates.
From what I have heard the games are actually balanced around the Exp Share this time(unlike gen VI), despite this I will play with it off since a somewhat uphill battle sounds really fun to me. This is relevant because it means Wimpod actually has to be trained up either on its own or by constantly switching out, which will likely be a pain.
Will start with Litten and plan to replace it with Alolan Marowak eventually. I prefer Marowak to Incineroar's design but we will see how much it grows on me.
Same deal with Minior, Toucannon(or Trumbeak, not sure if fully evolved) will likely fill the void until I can catch it, will have to see from there.
Dhelmise is available very late, but I like it so much that I'm sure I'm going to use it. Will likely use Shiinotic until then though.
Honorable mention: Silvally, which isn't available until post-game.

Now to wait for European release date.

Last edited:

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
I'm gonna try to use a team of only Pokemon revealed this generation! Should be a fun challenge for me!

Primarina (Already picked the name of Umi for it)
Alolan Ninetails
Lurantis
Either the Pikipek line or Oricorio
Lycanroc
Mimikyu

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I was thinking of a couple of teams and can't really decide between the two yet. I'm leaning more towards the second team I came up with.
I haven't decided which Mega Pokemon I want to use yet but I narrowed it down to those three being that I want someone that can Fly. All three of them have their own perks. Pidgeot's typing would work best with the team but since it's just an in game team it really doesn't matter all that much.

~Incineroar
~Ash-Greninja
~Alolan Ninetales
~Solgaleo
~Kommo-o
~Mega Pidgeot / Mega Charizard Y / Mega Altaria

This is the team that I'm leaning towards more. It seams more balanced to me.

~Decidueye
~Ash-Greninja
~Alolan Ninetales
~Kommo-o
~Talonflame (considering Mega Charizard as a replacement)
~Mega Beedrill

Last edited:

Thepowaofhax

I think I've finally got my team ready for Gen 6.
Primarina - Fabio
-Sparkling Aria
-Ice Beam
-Moon Blast
-Scald

Magnezone - UFO
-Discharge
-Flash Cannon
-Thunder Wave
-Volt Switch

Salamence - Snuggles
-Fly
-Dragon Claw
-Crunch
-Zen Headbutt

Lurantis - Sickle
-Leaf Blade
-Brick Break
-Leech Life
-Poison Jab

A-Marowak - Flame War
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Bone
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Oranguru - Bonkers
-Nasty Plot
-Psychic/Psyshock
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
So im trying to figure out my six team member and the one thing i do know is that i want it to be part water (and also a new mon, no old gens). For those who are familiar with the datamine stats, ill post in a spoiler below. I'd appreciate the help:

[SPOIL]my question is who would be the better option for my team. I realize ill be doubling up on a type (either bug or poison). Im mainly curious about who will have a good competitive edge. The move options are ones i felt would serve the pokemon best, feel free to suggest otherwise.

wimpod/golisopod 75/125/140/60/90/40
N: sassy/?
first impression/leech life
aqua jet(egg)
sucker punch
liquidation

dewpider/araquanid 68/70/92/50/132/42
N: relaxed/?
spider web
leech life/lunge
liquidation
crunch/poison jab

mareanie/toxipex 50/63/152/53/142/32
N: brave/?
poison jab/sludge bomb
baneful bunker/toxic spikes
recover
liquidation/scald[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

future.newyorker

So im trying to figure out my six team member and the one thing i do know is that i want it to be part water (and also a new mon, no old gens). For those who are familiar with the datamine stats, ill post in a spoiler below. I'd appreciate the help:

[SPOIL]my question is who would be the better option for my team. I realize ill be doubling up on a type (either bug or poison). Im mainly curious about who will have a good competitive edge. The move options are ones i felt would serve the pokemon best, feel free to suggest otherwise.

wimpod/golisopod 75/125/140/60/90/40
N: sassy/?
first impression/leech life
aqua jet(egg)
sucker punch
liquidation

dewpider/araquanid 68/70/92/50/132/42
N: relaxed/?
spider web
leech life/lunge
liquidation
crunch/poison jab

mareanie/toxipex 50/63/152/53/142/32
N: brave/?
poison jab/sludge bomb
baneful bunker/toxic spikes
recover
liquidation/scald[/SPOIL]

[SPOIL]I would say go with Golisopod, however; with GF's strange obsession with killing priority this gen, Araquanid might be a better choice, especially with the recent discovery of Water Bubble boosting Water types attacks even more.[/SPOIL]

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
[SPOIL]I would say go with Golisopod, however; with GF's strange obsession with killing priority this gen, Araquanid might be a better choice, especially with the recent discovery of Water Bubble boosting Water types attacks even more.[/SPOIL]

did not know that about the new ability, I will have to keep that in mind. Appreciate the suggestion!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I've finally decided on my three teams and their movesets as well! I'll also try going for natures this time around as Bottle Caps can boost IVs so my in-game teams can actually be competitive. :) I'm also gonna be rocking Z Stones since they're new and all.

Moon Team:
[spoil]
Primarina @Primarinium Z
Torrent
Modest Nature
-Sparkling Aria
-Moonblast
-Ice Beam
-Psychic

Lycanroc(Midnight) @Rockinium Z
Keen Eye/Vital Spirit
Adamant Nature
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Brick Break
-Bulk Up

Ribombee @Fairinium Z
Shield Dust
Timid Nature
-Pollen Puff
-Dazzling Gleam
-Energy Ball
-Quiver Dance

Bewear @Fightinium Z
Fluffy
Adamant Nature
-Hammer Arm
-Return
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw

Sandslash @Icinium Z
Snow Cloak
Adamant Nature
-Icicle Crash
-Iron Head
-Earthquake
-Leech Life

Marowak @Thick Club/Ghostinium Z (Depends on if Thick Club is available)
Cursed Body
Adamant Nature
-Shadow Bone
-Flare Blitz
-Bonemerang
-Brick Break
[/spoil]

Sun Team (1):
[spoil]
Decidueye @ Deciduium Z
Overgrow
Adamant Nature
-Spirit Shackle
-Leaf Blade
-Sucker Punch
-Brave Bird

Raichu @Raichu's Z-Stone (Forgot it's name)
Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Focus Blast

Mimikyu @Fairinium Z
Disguise
Jolly Nature
-Play Rough
-Shadow Claw
-Shadow Sneak
-Leech Life

Golisopod @Buginium Z
Emergency Exit
Adamant Nature
-Leech Life
-Liquidation
-First Impression
-Sucker Punch

Toucannon @Flyinium Z
Skill Link
Adamant Nature
-Fury Attack
-Bullet Seed
-Beak Blast
-Rock Blast

Silvally @Dark Memory (I'll be using the Type: Null I get from Moon)
RKS System
(If I can SR the Type: Null)Jolly Nature
-Multi-Attack
-Rock Slide
-X-Scissor
-Iron Head
[/spoil]

Sun Team (2):
[spoil]
Incineroar @Incinerium Z
Blaze
Adamant Nature
-Flare Blitz
-Darkest Lariat
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop

Araquanid @Waterinium Z
Water Bubble
Adamant Nature
-Liquidation
-Leech Life
-Crunch
-Poison Jab

Lurantis @Grassinium Z
Leaf Guard
Adamant Nature
-Leaf Blade
-Leech Life
-Brick Break
-Poison Jab

Komala @Normalium Z
Comatose
Adamant Nature
-Return/Thrash
-Sucker Punch
-Bulk Up
-Acrobatics/Rock Slide

Crabominable @Icinium Z
Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
-Ice Hammer
-Close Combat
-Crabhammer
-Stone Edge

Golem @Electrinium Z
Sturdy/Magnet Pull
Adamant Nature
-Wild Charge
-Stone Edge
-Rock Polish
-Heavy Slam/Earthquake

Literally all of this team are Adamant nature and I don't care lmao.
[/spoil]

Genos

The Indigo Disk
This team is final.

Incineroar
Kommo-o
Tapu Fini
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Dugtrio

I choose A Dugtrio after finding out it's Ground/Steel. Which takes care of Electric and Fairy Pokemon.

The best part, they're all obtainable in Sun. :D

TheEliteEmpoleon

Finally settled on what I thought were some solid teams. I got most of the mons that I wanted to use in there. Just a few that I couldn't fit in :(
Sun
Primarina
Vikavolt
Lycanroc
Tsareena
Ninetales
Kommo-o

Moon
Decidueye
Raichu
Toxapex
Marowak
Minior
Sandslash

Most likely gonna replay Moon
Incineroar
Toucannon
Crabominable
Dugtrio
Golem
Exeggcutor

-Originally planned Sandslash and Ninetales to be switched, but their exclusivity threw me for a loop. I'm ok with the Fairy overlap on my Sun team though. I try to go for no overlaps, but I'll manage.
-Wanted to use Araquanid, Palossand, Muk, and one or two more but couldn't fit them in. Maybe for the next games in Alol lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.