I for one am happy with the amount of lines we seem to be getting, if the signs are correct. Normally, I tend to go for 12 different types on the same team, but for some reason, quite a few of the single typed pokémon are catching my eye.
Thus, I can only make a temporary team - but heck, I'll add a full bench of six as well.
- Rowlet: Grass/Flying - No. Contest. #Arrowl2016
- Midday Lycanoc: Rock - To be honest, I like it a lot more then Midnight, but it may fall off my team if something incredible pops up.
- Salandit: Poison/Fire - From the start, and anxiously awaiting the evolution.
- Mudsdale: Ground - From the getgo.
- Wishiwashi: Water - I doubted at first, but after seeing the shot of it as Lana's Totem Pokémon, I was sold.
- Passimian: Fighting - I'm salty about its ability being specifically meant for Doubles, but I like this guy so much. Why couldn't its ability also mean that it would receive the ability of an opponent it faints?
That's just eight types instead of my usual twelve.. Weird.
- Litten: Fire - I'm still on the fence on what might happen to the final evolution.
- Cutiefly: Bug/Fairy - Even after seeing the evolution, this might be one of those cute Fairy-types that I can appreciate. And I like the unique typing.
- Jangmo-o: Dragon - I think this is our Pseudo, and while I really like its design (and it might end up Dragon/Fighting or Dragon/Steel), I tend to not use the Pseudo's because they come in too late.
- Oricorio: Ghost/Flying or Fire/Flying - I really like these two forms. I often shy away from Psychic-types, but even Pa'u-style might end up being on the bench.
- Togedemaru: Electric/Steel - What can I say. I normally don't go for the Pachirisu/Emolga/Dedenne, but I like Togedemaru for some odd recent more then Vikavolt.
- Oranguru: Normal/Psychic - Did I say that I normally shy away from Psychic-types? Well, Normal-types as well, but if I'm going to go online for battles, this thing is just a must.
All is subject to change. The big thing being that there's no GenVII Ice-type or Dark-type revealed yet. Along with Fire and Ground, those are my favorite types.
Heck, stuff that I'll definitely capture and try to use before likely swapping them out for the A-team and Bench:
- Pikipek: Normal/Flying - Might be Bench-material once we see its evolutions. But with Rowlet being my starter.. I dunno. If it turns out Steel/Flying than I might just drop Lycanroc.
- Mimikyu: Ghost/Fairy - Love the typing, but seems a bit too gimmicky for me to incorporate it into my style. Never really used Klefki either (I think they'll be sort of similar in stats).
- Minior: Rock/Flying - It's a bit gimmicky, but if it evolves into.. Majior.. Then I might consider it for the bench, or even the A-team if it's appealing enough.
- Komala: Normal - I tend to shy away from Normal-types, but it's so cute and I could see its evolution being quite capable ala Ursaring/Pangoro. Will probably replace Oranguru when I don't feel like doubles.
- Popplio: Water - Yeah, I'll definitely get one, but I doubt it will be a mainstay on my team for long.
- Bewear: Normal/Fighting - Just because I can?