• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

So the story actually managed to emotionally manipulate me into using Solgaleo hahaha. Usually I never use Legendaries, but I could hardly box Nebbie, after all!

So my final team when facing the Elite 4 was:

Primarina (M)
Ribombee (F)
Alolan Ninetales (F)
Lycanroc Midday (M)
Mudsdale (M)
and Solgaleo

I'm aware it's unbalanced, but that was on purpose in order to make the game more challenging. And because I needed to have all three of those fairy types on my team. Not wanted, needed. haha

The other Pokemon I used during the storyline were:

Alolan Ratata (removed just before evolution because I couldn't stand evolving it into Faticate) This is the first time I seriously used Ratata, ever.
Toucannon (replaced with Solgaleo)
Gumshoos (rotated out when the team got full)
Stufful (used it very briefly)
Shiinotic (replaced with Alolan Ninetales)
Grubbin (rotated out when team got full)
Oricoro (electric, rotated out when team got full)
Cottonee (rotated out when team got full)

Overall free spaces on my team where once again a priced commodity, like in the two previous generations.

Still a lot of post game to explore it seems ^-^

Last edited:

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
So the story actually managed to emotionally manipulate me into using Solgaleo hahaha. Usually I never use Legendaries, but I could hardly box Nebbie, after all!

So my final team when facing the Elite 4 was:

Primarina (M)
Ribombee (F)
Alolan Ninetales (F)
Lycanroc Midday (M)
Mudsdale (M)
and Solgaleo

I'm aware it's unbalanced, but that was on purpose in order to make the game more challenging. And because I needed to have all three of those fairy types on my team. Not wanted, needed. haha

As Karen once said "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Muun

My current team before I restart for Rowlet is:

Primarina
Persian (Alola)
Pelipper
Ribombee
Magnezone
Salazzle

Hau's Raichu almost kicked our butts!

I had this team pretty much from the start to end so it was pretty nice! Went through the game pretty quickly too!

Hi, I'm new to EV and IV training, please could someone check if I've trained my Primarina okay.

Nature: Modest
Outstanding potential with 5 IVs apart from attack
EVs.jpg

Oh my god.

I only just realised I named my Cutiefly/Ribombee Lola, simply because I thought it was a cute name.

Lola.
Alola.

Jeez. I did not mean to make a pun. But I did.

Crobat_Curse

I haven't had much free time to play as of late, but I've managed to defeat the trial captains of the second island. I'm actually enjoying this playthrough a lot more than my initial run -- probably because I much prefer my team this time around. Speaking of, team after taking on totem Lurantis:

726.png

Triple H
Jolly [25]
Fire Fang, Flame Charge, Bite, Acrobatics

762.png

Lita@ Normalium-Z
Adamant [25]
Splash, Play Rough, Razor Leaf, Double Slap

471.png

Aquilo@ Normalium-Z
Timid [26]
Icy Wind, Baby-Doll Eyes, Freeze Dry, Echoed Voice

079.png

Selma@ Quick Claw
Bold [25]
Confusion, Scald, Disable, Yawn

766.png

Krunk
Jolly [25]
Brick Break, Acrobatics, Brutal Swing, Rock Tomb

544.png

Saul@ Amulet Coin
Adamant [25]
Bug Bite, Poison Tail, Iron Defense, Rollout

So i can never view the forums on my phone. If you know how i can get around this pm me. I have been playing Moon since the launch and have made a Villainous team. Just completed the grand trial. Slowbro is my total MVP without even trying. And #1 pokemon i tried to force out but was always so clutch. I centered around the Fighting/ Dark/ Psychic triangle.

All in luxury balls:

Incineroar lvl 52
Vullaby lvl 50 ! 54 it evolves
Pangoro lvl 51
Lycanroc Midnight Forme lvl 52
Oranguru lvl 50
Slowbro for the Physical bulk lvl 51

I usually have multiple theme teams bred ahead of a release and cycle between 3~4 teams in game as to not be over levelled. This playthrough has been much different for me. Loved the dark side represented in this game. An adult feature for my age gen has been answered.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I'm taking my sweet time; I've got an A-Team and a B-Team...

A-Team
- Amuk (Underhanded - I refuse to call it Poison Touch, f*ck localization teams -Relaxed)
- Shiinotic (Effect Spore -Bold)
- Godpod (-Adamant)
- Decidueye (-Hardy)
- Magneton (Sturdy -Bold)
- Crabrawler (Iron Fist -Adamant)

B- Team
- Salazzle (Corrosion -Timid)
- Pelliper (Drizzle -Quiet)
- Kadabra (Synchronize -Timid)
- Parasect (Dry Skin -Relaxed)
- Mudsdale (Stamina -Adamant)

I mix the teams all the time, but I favor those poisons and mushrooms thanks to the OBNOXIOUS S.O.S. Battle mechanics. Going into battle without a Poison-type or status platformer is like giving out your Social to every hobo on the street!

I'd like to throw on an Ice-type, Dragon-type, or Rock-type at some point, but they come too late for decent Ice-types, I'm not overly thrilled with Dragons (burned myself out on them last Gen), and a Rock-type would just compound some weaknesses my team(s) have. Plus, I want a decent No Guard Midnight Lycanroc, but unfortunately I Praise the Sun. :/

Last edited:

LePetitMeow

After some lengthy breeding, I was happy to get an amazing team to use during my second run-through in Sun:

Primarina @ Primarium-Z
Jolly - EV [136 HP / 252 Special Attack / 120 Speed ]
-Aqua Ring
-Energy Ball
-Sparkling Aria
-Dazzling Gleam

Tsareena @ Fightium-Z
Brave - EV [252 Attack / 4 Special Defense / 252 Speed ]
-Play Rough
-U-Turn
-Trop Kick
-Hi Jump Kick

Alolan Marowak @ Ghostium-Z
Adamant - EV [248 HP / 16 Attack / 112 Special Defense / 132 Speed ]
-Earthquake
-Shadow Bone
-Flare Blitz
-Endeavor

Alolan Raichu @ Aloraichunium-Z
Modest - EV [252 Special Attack / 4 Special Defense / 252 Speed]
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
-Focus Blast
-Psychic

Alolan Ninetales @ Icium-Z
Timid - EV [4 Defense / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed]
-Aurora Veil
-Blizzard
-Freeze-Dry
-Moonblast

Lycanroc (Midday) @ Darkinium-Z
Adamant - EV [252 Attack / 4 Special Defense / 252 Speed]
-Crunch
-Fire Fang
-Stone Edge
-Accelerock

It's really helped that all 6 of them were bred (about 30-40 eggs each to get the desired natures/genders/abilities) to have 6 IVs.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Now that I've finished the story on Moon, I guess I'll talk about what my final team ended up being:

Decidueye
724.png

This was my starter, chosen because I really liked Rowlet when the starters were revealed. Overall, it was okay. I used it a lot during the early parts of the game, but I found that I used it less as the game went on and it was often a level or two behind my other Pokemon towards the end. It was very useful during the league, though. And I loved the Spirit Shackle animation.

Alola Raichu
026-a.png

I added Pichu to my team early on and kept it since I really liked A. Raichu's design (just so cute) and type. This was honestly one of my best team members. By the end, I was using it quite a lot and I think it ended up being my highest levelled Pokemon. I loved Stoked Sparksurfer, which was my most used Z-move during the game.

Alola Muk
089-a.png

When this thing was revealed, I knew I had to use it because it's just so amazingly glorious. Seriously, I LOVE this thing's design. I'd also been wanting to use a Muk again since I hadn't used it much since FRLG, so it seemed like the perfect time. I'd say it was my best team member - I was able to use it during many of the important battles (especially during some of the Totem fights) and it didn't faint as often as some of my other Pokemon Dugtrio

Alola Dugtrio
051-a.png

This was the most frustrating member of my team. The hair was amazing and its STAB moves were really useful when it outsped the opponent. But, there were many times when its Speed let me down. It got outsped quite a lot, more than I expected for something with base 110 Speed, and since it's Dugtrio, it rarely survived a hit from the opponent. When I was able to check IVs at the end of the game, I found out that its IVs were pretty low all around. >_> I think this was the Pokemon on my team that could have benefited the most from breeding for IVs, and optimal Nature (mine was Careful iirc), and EV training.

Toucannon
733.png

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep this on my team permanently, but in the end I did because a) I didn't have anything to replace it with and b) it was doing a good job on my team. Nothing more to say, really...it was a useful team member and did its job.

Golisopod
768.png

This was the last Pokemon added to my team. I always include a Water type on my team, and I decided to go with this one since I rarely have a physical attacking Water and I liked the Bug/Water type combo. It lagged behind my other Pokemon at first when it was a Wimpod, but once it evolved, it was really good. I really liked First Impression - so useful for KOing fast things. I used that move and Leech Life more than any Water moves tbh. Emergency Exit was a mixed bag, sometimes helpful, sometimes annoying.

That took too long to type out...
Now, I'm finalizing and breed for my Sun team.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Now that I finally got crowned champion on Christmas I can share my HoF team. As much as I loved them, it's probably the worst I've ever had in terms of type coverage.

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/724.png[/img139]
Rho Aias the Decidueye
Leaf Blade / Brave Bird / Synthesis / Spirit Shackle / Sinister Arrow Raid

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/764.png[/img139]
Avalon the Comfey
Magical Leaf / Dazzling Gleam / Hidden Power / Synthesis / Twinkle Tackle

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/765.png[/img139]
Ape Escape the Oranguru
Psychic / Thunderbolt / Nasty Plot / Shadow Ball / Neverending Nightmare

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/768.png[/img139]
Finn Prawns the Golisopod
Leech Life / Brick Break / Poison Jab / Liquidation / Hydro Vortex

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/780.png[/img139]
Dragghér the Drampa
Fire Blast / Ice Beam / Hyper Voice / Dragon Pulse / Devastating Drake

[img139]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/781.png[/img139]
Gaebolg the Dhelmise
Shadow Claw / Giga Drain / Anchor Shot / Earthquake

Here's my team! I'm about to challenge the Elite Four :D

Rowr the Incineroar
Level 54
Nature: Careful
Ability: Blaze
Moveset:
Flare Blitz
Darkest Lariat
Leech Life
Swords Dance

Lilchu the Raichu
Level 54
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Surge Surfer
Moveset:
Thunderbolt
Psychic
Grass Knot
Nasty Plot

Woofle the Lycanroc
Level 54
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Rush
Moveset:
Accelerock
Brick Break
Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Crocco the Feraligatr
Level 54
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Torrent
Moveset:
Scald/Aqua Tail (Which do I choose?!?!)
Ice Fang
Brick Break
Crunch

Mimico the Mimikyu
Level 54
Nature: Gentle
Ability: Disguise
Moveset:
Shadow Sneak
Shadow Claw
Swords Dance
Play Rough

Nebby the Solgaleo
Level 55
Nature: Lonely
Ability: Full Metal Body
Moveset:
Sunsteel Strike
Zen Headbutt
Cosmic Power
Bulldoze

Viviaren

Smug Snek
My team through the main story playthrough in Sun was:

- Salazzle - O-Ren Ishii
- Incineroar - Blitz
- Primarina - Lana
- Lycanroc (Midnight) - Rico
- Golisopod - Ebirah
- Lurantis - Ja'mie

Since then I've replaced Rico and Ja'mie with Sanic - my shiny Lycanroc (Midnight), and Kartana.

We beat the league last week and I am very happy I did it with the team I wanted:

Primarina (F) Cassie
Rockruff (F) Alani
Salazzle (F) Serafina
Lurantis (F) Holly
Vulpix (F) Zuri
Mimikyu (F) Darci

We were level 60-63 when we arrived at the league.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
I actually ended up just using 5 Pokémon in my main team. I caught every new Pokémon I found and kept the sixth spot in my party open to have one of the randoms levelling at all times, so that I didn't have to work on my Alola Dex as much later on.

Alola Raichu
- Probably my favourite Pokémon in all of SuMo. When I saw it for the first time, I just had to have one on my team. I've actually used a Raichu on my team in every game where it was possible to do so. This one being Electric/Psychic was kinda refreshing, though I got it killed a few times by forgetting about the Psychic part, lol.

Vaporeon
- Also a staple in my Pokémon teams. I thought of mixing it up a little and using a different eeveelution, but most of their types were already covered by my other Pokémon. I tried Sylveon for a while but I didn't like it because it didn't learn any good moves for a really long time.

Whimsicott
- I wasn't originally planning on using this one, as I'm playing Moon, but I ended up getting a Cottonee from a Wonder Trade and I though "why not?". I've always liked Whimsicott, but ended up getting the versions where is wasn't available. I bred a new Cottonee, so I could nickname it and put it on my team. I was very pleased with its performance-

Salazzle
- The only *new* Pokémon that I actually ended up having on my team. I thought it was ugly as sin when I first saw it, but somehow I ended up liking its design later on. Its unique typing sold me. Getting a female Salandit took way longer than expected though, especially since I ended up KOing the first one I found. :/

Alola Sandslash
- I've loved Sandslash for the longest time, but I never ended up using it on any of my teams. So I finally got myself one, since the Alola form looks cool as hell. Unfortunately all my Pokémon were pretty overleveled by the time I caught Sandshrew and it never really caught up to my other Pokémon. Still, I liked it.

Kommo-o

POTW Writer and Discord mod
Neat! The team I used to clear the Pokemon League for the first time was:

* Incineroar
* Toxapex
* Metagross
* Lycanroc
* Oricorio
* Tsareena

Nacreous

Fire trainer
I have a very unbalanced team so far but I absolutely love all of them:

Togetic-I got a Modest,Very finicky Togepi through wonder trade and I was soo glad.I has Hustle and I actually prefer it over Serene Grace.So far,it has Smart Strike,Echoed Voice,Work Up and Grass Knot.It's stronger than you might think...can't really learn good moves due to the limited TMs and its movepool.That eviolite really works on it and it's a powerhouse.Can't wait to find a Shiny Stone.

Dhelmise-found a Brave nature one through Wonder Trade.It's everything Decidueye wishes it would have been.3 stabs?I mean...a beast

Mimikyu-Adamant through Wonder Trade...soo awesome.I know I have another Fairy and another Ghost on my team but it's one of my favourite pokemon ever.So amazing.And it kills everything in its path.

Bewear-found an adamant Stufful through Wonder Trade.It's soo strong and get's powerful moves fairly early.

So,this is my Wonder Trade team.I ditched the starter fairly early.I tried out a Salandit for a while but got bored quickly.Don't know what else to get.Maybe a Wimpod?I gave no idea.Just beat Kahuna Olivia.She's soo weak.

M.P.

Retired
My team:

Decidueye
- Synthesis
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Brave Bird

Magnezone
- Thunder Wave
- Zap Cannon
- Discharge
- Flash Cannon

Crabominable
- Crabhammer
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break

Mudsdale
- Heavy Slam
- Superpower
- High Horsepower
- Earthquake

Salazzle
- Flamethrower
- Venoshock
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Golisopod
- Liquidation
- Pin Missile
- First Impression
- Sucker Punch

I was initally planning to use Alolan Golem and Kommo-o instead of Magnezone and Crabominable, but Magnezone was just too useful to drop, and Kommo-o was obtainable too late in the game.

Final team in my first play of Sun was Primarina, Toucannon, Vikavolt, Mudsdale, Arcanine and Espeon. There were some tough fights in that, most notably the Totem Mimikyu and the first Lusamine fight. And the Champion too.

And in Moon, which was also a normal playthrough, my team was Decidueye, Alakazam, Hariyama, Salazzle, Mimikyu and Sandslash. There were some tough fights like Lurantis and Mimikyu (again). But the Champion fight was significantly easier, with his team being so weak to Fighting and Alolan Sandslash I beat him without even losing anyone.

Now I'm doing a Dark Monotype. Team is Torracat, Meowth, Rattata, Grimer, Vullaby (won't be with me for the long run) and Umbreon. Just beat the Totem Salazzle. Next is Lurantis who hopefully won't be too tough what with the Fire-type.

Status
Not open for further replies.