• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMalachite

Ambient Musician
My final team post game hopefully
- Salandit (With whatever evos it has)
- Lycanroc (Midday) (Gonna find it via GTS and trade it over to my Moon)
- Lurantis
- Type: Null
- Articuno
- Marowak (Alolan Form)

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
Torracat
Mimiku
Togedamaru
Oranguru
Lunaala
Pyukumyuku

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My team:

Rowlet
Rockruff
Komala (Blinky- 80s cartoon reference)
Oranguru (Gurulla)
Ash-Greninja
Mimikyu (Hanky)

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
My team so far:

Litten (as long as the final evo is Dark)
Alola Raticate
Alola Persian
Umbreon

Still waiting to see if there are any new Dark types to finish it out.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm slowly progressing with my in-game team. However, I am opening the stage with MeleMele's popstars! (As some Pokémon are accessible later and I'm planning to train more than 6; catching a lot during the storyline.)

tumblr_oeizpvBuar1r632yko3_400.gif

7db.gif

44a.gif

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wimpod looking weak is actually a good thing TBH, it probably means it's gonna get a great evolution.

That's a good point I guess. Wimpod's evo would have to have a great design for me to consider using it however, otherwise I might just settle for not having a water type on my Sun team at all.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Now that the starters' second evolutions have been revealed, I am really considering using all 3 of them on my Moon team now. I'm still starting with Popplio but I might try and trade for the other 2 over the GTS or get them from friends. Looking through all the Pokemon I'd considered previously, I hadn't chosen a set Grass or Fire type so using Rowlet and Litten would benefit my team greatly. Hopefully the daycare is early on in the game so I can breed my Popplio to use for trading. If I decide to do this my team will look like this. I haven't decided on nicknames yet:

- Popplio (starter)
- Mudsdale
- Oricorio (Pom-Pom style)
- Drampa
- Litten
- Rowlet

Currently planned team:

Popplio/Brionne
Exeggcute/Exeggutor
Crabrawler
Tapu Koko
Munchlax/Snorlax
Mimikyu

Then again who knows if this'll even plan out, I'm choosing my team based on what I really like. I'd like to use Greninja too, but since Froakie was my Y starter, I'd rather use something new.

emanresu15

I have an idea for what I want to use, but that's subject to availability of a Pokémon and/or their evolutions, stats, typing, etc.

Litten3
Alolan Exeggutor (McEggWhites, for DJ Khaled)
Mudsdale (With No Name)
Oranguru (Lord Harambe)
[Wimpod evo if Bug/Water?]
???

Considering: A-Sandslash, Palossand (over Mudsdale) , Type: Null, Mimikyu, future reveals

Solaire_of_Astora

Warrior of Sunlight
I'll probably choose Rowlet. No idea what else to use, though!
I like all the pokemon so far, I want to use Alolan Raichu and wimpod and vikivolt for sure, at some point!

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
My Sun team

Team 1
Rowlett
Wishiwashi
Vikavolt
Minnior
Wimpod
Crabrawler

Team 2
Fomantis
Minnior
Crabrawler
Chargabug
Wimpod
Bouncesweet

Leosnake

Pokemon I know I will use:

Moon: Popplio/ Brionne, Lycanroc Midnight form and Oranguru.

Sun Litten/ Torracat and Lycanroc Midday form.

Other: I do like Passimian and would consider using it in Sun since it is the Sun counter part of Oranguru. But I also like both Jararanga and Crabrawler as potential fighting types as well. And since I only use the one fighting type at most in any of my games. If at all, I can only see me using two of these, one for each version. You know assuming Litten's final evo does turn out to be Fire/ Dark rather than part fighting itself.

I also want to use Type Null/ Silvadi as well. Though for story reasons I am hoping there is more than one so Gladion gets to keep his in the event it evolves with him. Assuming the story involving him will go as I think it might. I also suspect it will be a lot later in the game before we can get a Type Null of our own.

Out of all the Alolan forms the Vulpix and Sandshrew lines are the ones I want to use most. But which I have in what version will depend on my final team and if they themselves turn out to be version exclusive or not. I doubt they will but you never know since we don't know what else is on that Mountain.

I'm also thinking for now at least of using either Alolan Marowak or Salandit as my Fire type for Moon.

Ultimately though apart from the ones I said I will use any of them could change as I play through the game and find other mons I would like to play with.

I like to choose only 3 or 4 then leave 2 open for HM mules
Main team:
Starter Poke
Mimikyu
Turtonator

Back ups:
Komala
Pikipek
Grubbin
Drampa
Salandit
Mudbray
Jangmo-o
Oranguru
Minior
change with more releases

Britney123

I never usually plan a team bar knowing what starter I'm aiming for. The go around I'm feeling Litten.

I'll be getting Moon so I'd enjoy having:

Litten
Type: Null
Oranguru
Lycanroc (midnight)
Vikavolt
Alolan Ninetails
Jangmo-o
Lurantis

That being said I hope there's a few gift Pokemon like in XY I enjoyed that.

sheld999

well my teams now changed

litten
type null
jangmo-o
oranguru
rockruff
vikavolt

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
My new teams now are:

Sun:
Popplio - Brionne - ?
Rockruff - Lycanroc (Midday)
Grubbin - Charjabug - Vikavolt
Jangmo-o - Hakamo-o - Kommo-o
Sandygast - Palossand
Salandit

Moon:
Rowlet - Dartrix - ?
Mudbray - Mudsdale
Turtonator
Oranguru
Tapu Koko
Wimpod

Hopefully Salandit and Wimpod both have evolutions.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Here's a tiny update with the newly revealed Pokémon! I am happy to say Ribombee has won me over and has officially joined the team!

CONFIRMED TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (100%)
- Rowlet/Dartrix/Unknown evolution
- Cutiefly/Ribombee

NEARLY CONFIRMED TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (85% - 99%)
The only way they won't make it into the team is if they introduce enough Pokémon that I prefer over them to top them all.
- Rockruff/Lycanroc [Midday Form]
- Pikipek/Unknown evolutions

CONSIDERED TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (50% - 84%)
I appreciate these Pokémon and I am waiting to see their full potential before making a decision about them.
- Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
- Salandit
- Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
- Comfey
- Oricorio [Sensu Style]
- Sandygast/Palossand
- Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o

MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (0% - 49%)
Pokémon that have little to no chance to make it to the team. The ones that have been crossed out have already hit 0%. This category does not include the other two starter Pokémon and legendary Pokémon (that I love but won't get).
- Komala
- Yungoos/Gumshoos
- Drampa
- Bruxish
- Togedemaru
- Stufful/Bewear
- Mimikyu
- Wimpod
- Mudbray/Mudsdale
- Minior
- Fomantis/Lurantis
- Wishiwashi
- Pyukumuku
- Morelull
- Turtonator
- Crabrawler
- Type: Null/Silvally
- Passimian
- Oranguru

Last edited:

LoveMcQueen5683

Update on my team

Sun:
Torracat
Lycanroc Midday Form
Palossand
Tsareena
Passimian

Moon: the Alolan only team
Raichu
Raticate
Ninetales
Marowak
Exeggcutor
Muk

I was going to have Lurantis on my team but Tsareena is 1000% times cuter.

I really need a water or flying type for my teams incase hms return but im really hoping they don't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.