• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I've made slight changes, also. Tsareena will most likely to replace Lurantis, but not guaranteed. Cutiefly will probably be a permanent member due to its early availability. I may replace Tsareena and/or Cutiefly with Salandit or a different, unannounced, Pokémon, though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Planned team so far: (Sun)
Litten-Torracat
Lycanroc
Alolan Marowak
Alolan Ninetails
Sivally
Kommo-o

Reserves:
Mimikkyu
Salandit

BlitzGirl41

So far, this is what I may use for Moon:

1. Rowlett->Dartrix->?? (Grass/Flying)
2. Mudbray->Mudsdale (Ground)
3. Jangmo-o->Hakamo-o->Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
4. Grubbin->Charjabug->Vikavolt (Bug/Electric)
5. Salandit->?? (Poison/Fire)
6. ??

Still waiting to find a better Electric type and a Water type I am satisfied with (otherwise I'll just use Lapras if it's available).

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I've managed to fill my roster, which isn't that impressive considering the sheer amount of Pokemon revealed, but I would still like to see surprises in-game that I recruit solely based on looks because right now it's a mix of design + usefulness.

- Rowlet
- Popplio (I've REALLY grown on it, solely with the possible siren evolution)
- Drampa
- Komala
- Comfey
- Oranguru/Passimian

Drampa, Komala, and Comfey all have possible evolution/prevo scenarios that could change my mind. I love both the apes enough that I want both on my team, but I'll take the Moon exclusive at the very least. And also no Alolan variants because they're all has-beens.

I said I wouldn't use an Alolan Variant but... MUK. It needs enough changes to its moveset to justify the party slot though, and I'm not expecting it.

Kommo-o is also coming in hot. I've warmed up to it real quickly. Single-handedly bringing back Sky Uppercut.

Supersonicbro

Team's in the signature.

I really have been loving the choices we got in this gen. I do hope though that we aren't being shown every pokemon though, after oras showing all the megas and even the post-game before the game came out.

BlitzGirl41

Team's in the signature.

I really have been loving the choices we got in this gen. I do hope though that we aren't being shown every pokemon though, after oras showing all the megas and even the post-game before the game came out.

At least in OR/AS's defense, it was a remake of a previous game, so the only things that were truly "new" were few. I am still a bit worried that there won't be a ton of new Pokemon in S/M, but I feel confident that they haven't shown us everything. I just hope that the reveals continue to walk a fine line between revealing too much and just enough to tease.

Dragon Pulse

Is it bad to have two Fairy-types on a team? I already decided that Mimikyu was going to be on my team, but now I want to add Ribombee.

Imperfect God

I think this is the first time I've been this enthused with Pokémon. So much so - that I'm actually entertaining this wonderful discussion, at this stage. Normally, I usually wait until all the pokemons are revealed - then I start to dance with my reasoning side of the cognitive process. One thing is certain I intend on having at the very least 3 teams, which is quite a development!

Team (A) - This is going to be a bird/avian team.
1. Rowlett3 (although secretly I hope that the secret the starters share with Rockruff is split evo. As I'm not too keen on it's leaked final design, however it has grown on me. That said I am grateful that it keeps its avian appearance)
2. Oricorio Pom Pom style
3. Oricorio Baile style
4. Pikipek's final evolution (I hope it's a steel, electric, ground type instead of that boring normal/flying typing). If not, I could use Skarmory or Empoleon (if it's possible to trade from XY/ORAS earlier on in the game, which I doubt)
5. Hoping that more bird pokemons get revealed. if not, I will try out a few old faces
6. Same as previous

Team (Aa)
1. Lycanroc
2. Vikavolt
3. Mudsdale
4. Salandit
5. Jangmo-o
6. Reserved for a new water type, if not then Vaporeon receives a competitive call to arms

These Pokemons in the reserves will get an equal opportunity to stake a claim for themselves, however if it's worth noting the list is subject to improvement; Mimikyu, Passimian, Crabrawler, Togedemaru, and Bewear

Team (Aaa); will consist of Alolan forms
1. Marowak
2. Exeggutor
3. Ninetales
4. Raichu, however it may lose it's place depending who else gets an Alolan form
5. Reserved for an unrevealed Alolan form
6. Same as the previous

Looking back on my previous post, I believe my team has changed in a few departments.

Team A) retains the same theme, and members

Team A1) There's some amendments to this team
1. A-Marowak
2. Lycanroc (Sun)
3. vikavolt
4. Mudsdale
5. This place is preserved for a dark type, and although A-Muk is a paradox - in a sense that I love its typing, however the colouration of its designs looks like vomit, to put it forcefully, as well as it makes this team incredibly weak to ground moves. And I can't ignore that fact. However if the starters end up getting another form, which I very much doubt - then I may add Rowlett other form here to this slot.
6. this is preserved for a water pokemon, luckily Silvally has a useful ability - on that note, however, it may share this place with Vaporeon, as I am assuming that it will evolve in it's late 40's or mid 50's. However this is subject to change depending on whether or not GF has a cool, unrevealed water pokemon(s)

Team Aaa) I believe has the most changes, previously it was for alolan forms only. Funny how time changes minds lol

1. Salandit
2. Mimikyu
3. A-Exeggutor
4. Sivally (with electric or steel typing) or Togdemaru; depending on how competively viable Togdemaru is
5. Kommo-o
6. Passimian

Team B) This team wasn't originally in my previous post. and its for pokemons I'm unsure about, but I like - if that sort of paradox makes any sense?
1. Crabrawler
2. A-Ninetales
3. A-Raichu
4. A-Muk
5. Turtonator
6. Silvally Grass - of course, assuming that they'll will make Type; Null obtainable in the wild. If not? then I will wait until they reveal another grass type that I'm not entirely head over heels with but i'm curious about, because that's what these pokemon represent

Sarefan

Hylden General.
Okay, with the reveal of Tsareena I'm really debating between her and Lurantis for my 2nd playthrough...

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Is it bad to have two Fairy-types on a team? I already decided that Mimikyu was going to be on my team, but now I want to add Ribombee.

I say suit yourself!
With a team consisting of two Water types (Blastoise/Dewgong) and two Fire types (Ninetales/Flareon), as well as an Electric type (Raichu) and a Dragon/Flying type (Dragonite) in Leaf Green and having no problem getting through the game, I don't think two typings overlapping are that much of an added difficulty. If people can monotype some runs, I'd say you're pretty good with two Fairy types (which is not the worst type as well!).

WolfCypher

Pfff...I had two Fighting-types (Emboar and Conkeldurr) and two Bug-types (Leavanny and Galvantula) on my Black team.
I had two Fighting-types (Lucario and Hawlucha), two Steel-types (Lucario and Aegislash) and three Flying-types (Noivern, Talonflame, and Hawlucha) all on my X team.
Three Ground-types (Swampert, Camerupt, and Flygon) and two Dark-types (Shiftry and Absol) on my Ruby team.
Three Flying-types (Charizard, Gyarados, Pidgeot) on my Red team.

I implore you, use Mimikyu and Ribombee both if you end up liking them.

WolfCypher

Sun
Rolwet: Owliver
Grubbin: Glowbuzz
Rockruff: Bigby

Moon
Litten: Wildcat
Bounsweet: Majesteen
Alolan Vulpix: Frostail

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
With the newer additions shown recently, I think a revision is in order.

As stated before, Popplio remains my choice starter, so long as the Chinese leak continues to hold true to the final evolutions.

The current set as of now is:

CURRENT TEAM
1. Popplio
2. Oricorio (Ghost)
3. Palossand
4. Drampa*

POTENTIAL PULL - PRIMARY
- Vikavolt
- Mudsdale
- Komala
- Alolan Marowak
- Oranguru
- Silvadi

POTENTIAL PULL - SECONDARY
- Alolan Ninetales
- Lugarugan (Midnight Form)
- Bewear
- Minior

As always, if the Ghost/Ice snowman mentioned in the Chinese leak proves to be real, it will more than likely be part of my team.

*Since I am pushing towards a Ghost team for my first run, it is possible Drampa could be replaced by a Ghost-type. However, this ultimately depends on availability. With the exception of Oricorio, who I intend to obtain regardless, whether or not I have any certain pokemon on my team depends on how soon I can obtain it. I intend to have my full team by the time I reach Ula Ula.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
With new info from the new leaks, ive decided to change my team, im removing bouncesweet as i dont need another pure grass on my team, i already have rowlett and fomantis. I was hoping bouncesweet would evolve into a grass/fire type or grass/poison.

I hate these alolan forms, i prefer new pokemon. Its like mega evolution all over again.

misunderstoodhero

I've settled on what appears to be my first team in Pokemon Moon:

Popplio 3
Lycanroc Midday Form / Minior Evo
Vikavolt
Salandit evo / Alolan Marowak
Alolan Sandslash
Kommo-o

I'm very happy with the type variety, but i might have to switch around a little for a bit more stat variety - My teams frequently seem to run into the issues of having a much higher ratio of physical attackers to special attackers and I appear to be repeating this again, with Popplio 3 likely being the only special oriented Pokemon on this team, though I guess there's still hope for the Minior and/or Salandit evolutions being more on the special side.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Mine so far is in my sig. I'm waiting on the dolphin in the leak to hopefully have for my water. Then I need one more. I might have komala if it gets a cool evolution. Also could change mimikyu to the snowman for my ghost type, assuming it is ghost and ice and is really cool.

Im getting both games, but for my second Im not sure what my team will be yet. I probably will breed a froakie from my first one and send it over and I might use a few alola forms.

Last edited:

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Brionne
Ribombee
Tsareena
Morelull
Komala
Bewear

Is my team still (I just added evolutions). My only issue is so many type repetitions. So many probable poison weaknesses.

Dragon Pulse

I say suit yourself!
With a team consisting of two Water types (Blastoise/Dewgong) and two Fire types (Ninetales/Flareon), as well as an Electric type (Raichu) and a Dragon/Flying type (Dragonite) in Leaf Green and having no problem getting through the game, I don't think two typings overlapping are that much of an added difficulty. If people can monotype some runs, I'd say you're pretty good with two Fairy types (which is not the worst type as well!).
Pfff...I had two Fighting-types (Emboar and Conkeldurr) and two Bug-types (Leavanny and Galvantula) on my Black team.
I had two Fighting-types (Lucario and Hawlucha), two Steel-types (Lucario and Aegislash) and three Flying-types (Noivern, Talonflame, and Hawlucha) all on my X team.
Three Ground-types (Swampert, Camerupt, and Flygon) and two Dark-types (Shiftry and Absol) on my Ruby team.
Three Flying-types (Charizard, Gyarados, Pidgeot) on my Red team.

I implore you, use Mimikyu and Ribombee both if you end up liking them.

Thank you, both of you!

DSDark

Breeder
I'm definitely going with Litten3 and leaning in the Mimikyu direction right now. I might want one other pokemon for my run. Something in the grass or water direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.