• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

misunderstoodhero

Making a slight alteration from last time, I plan to make my first team in Pokemon Moon:
Primarina
Lycanroc Mid-Da
Alolan Sandslash
Porygon-Z
Alolan Marowak / Salandit Evo
Kommo-O

As much as I love Mimikyu, having confirmed the Porygon family is in the game I'm hoping to use my favourote Pokemon in an in-game team for the first time and this way I can confirm I'll have at least two special attackers in my team.

In my other two playthroughs in which I shall use the other two starts, I'll almost definately find a spots for Vikavolt, Mimikyu, Snorlax (Purely I want to use Pulverizing Pancake in ever battle), Alolan Marowak / Salandit (Whichever I don't use in my first run), The Bubble Spider and Silvally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Also making a change to my team, just to update:

Moon:
Primarina
Ribombee
Mimikyu
Comfey
Morelull
Alola Ninetails

Sun:
Alola Exeggutor
Alola Muk
Incineroar
Drampa
Tsareena
Palossand

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
With the new video out , im still using rowlett, but only until dartrix, i wont be using the final evo.

Sarleekotcam

The Real Tsareena
Stuck between Decideueye and Primarina. Usually my fiance picks water and I pick grass but I think this gen is going to change that up. If I pick Primarina, I feel a real beauty/cutesy centric team.

Primarina: Water/Fairy
Tsareena: Grass (This one's unavoidable as my name is Sarena and my coworkers went crazy when this one was released.)
Alolan Muk: Poison/Dark
Salandit Line: Poison/Fire
Mimikyu: Ghost/Fairy
Alolan Raticate: Dark/Normal

This is to hoping that the rumor of not needing HMs is true.
If not, I guess I can always rotate.

WolfCypher

I might be getting two copies of Sun/Moon and 1 Moon/Sun to playtest three different teams (for each starter). I did this last gen by buying two X versions (for Froakie and Chespin) and one Y (Fennekin) since I couldn't choose between Greninja or Chesnaught. Once I decided on Greninja, I gave the extra X to my sister.

Potential 3rd team would include

Popplio (Aquafina)
Exeggcute (Eggplant, or I'll just recycle my Blue Exeggutor's nicknme, Eggsy)
Crabrawler (Crablos)

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I believe I have come to a final team of six. Even if I can change my mind at any given time, these are likely going to be the 6 ones I use in my Pokémon Sun journey!

CONFIRMED TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (99% - 100%)
- Rowlet/Dartrix/Decidueye
- Cutiefly/Ribombee
- Rockruff/Lycanroc [Midday]
- Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o/Kommo-o
- Pikipek/First evolution/Final evolution
- Sandygast/Palossand

NEARLY CONFIRMED TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (85% - 98%)
I really appreciate these Pokémon and I am pretty sure I will end up using them.

CONSIDERED TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (50% - 84%)
I appreciate these Pokémon and I am still debating which ones I plan on using.
- Oricorio [Sensu Style]
- Fomantis/Lurantis
- Togedemaru
- Pyukumuku
- Passimian

MOST LIKELY NOT GOING TO BE PART OF THE TEAM (0% - 49%)
Pokémon that have little to no chance to make it to the team. The ones that have been crossed out have already hit 0%. This category does not include the other two starter Pokémon and legendary Pokémon (that I love but won't get).
- Grubbin/Charjabug/Vikavolt
- Comfey
- Stufful/Bewear
- Salandit/Final evolution
- Mimikyu
- Mudbray/Mudsdale
- Bounsweet/Steenee/Tsareena
- Turtonator
- Morelull/Final evolution
- Type: Null/Silvally
- Unknown crown-of-thorns Pokémon/Final evolution
- Komala
- Yungoos/Gumshoos
- Drampa
- Bruxish
- Wimpod/Final evolution
- Minior
- Wishiwashi
- Crabrawler/Final evolution
- Oranguru
- Unknown arachnean parasite Pokémon/Final evolution
- Unknown anchor Pokémon

Last edited:

AG128L

After much debate, I think I've finally picked my team. I'm super pumped for Primarina. I think he's going to be my second favorite starter ever. I hope he gets an awesome movepool and that I'm not limited by needing HMs. It was a tough choice to have two fairies on the team, but I couldn't resist after hearing mimikyu's song.
Primarina (Percy)
Oricorio Pom-Pom Style (Olivia)
Mudsdale (Marvin)
Crabrawler (Carson)
Salandit (Scarlett)
Mimikyu (Medea)

iggy the skorupi

Between the datamined reveals and the growing hype around every new thing like the types of the starters, my team idea, which can be seen in past posts, are completely out the window. I'm sticking with moon being a nuzlocke, but now I think to use Litten as the starter, with sun starting with rowlet. As to the team, Kommo-o and Wimpod+ are the only ones I am leaning towards guaranteed team placement, with things like Alola muk, pikipek+, and Vikavolt being likely.

Anthea

Run through team:

Primarina
Bouncesweet
Icepix
Shroomfairy
Cutiefly (I so want a shiny)

(Probably stick to 5 so I'm not "over powered")

Post game team:
Tapu water
Alolan meowth (only because the superior special moveset is mostly tm and I don't think I can get them all until post game)
And mix of the above

Last edited:

TRG

Team composition has stayed the same after reveal of Decidueye being part Ghost. It just makes Bewear an even better partner for it since it will hard counter any Ghost or Dark moves thrown at it, while Decidueye will hard counter any Fighting moves aimed towards Bewear.

Bus

My team's going to be really hard to decide in the end, but there's what I got so far:

Incineroar
Pallosand
Tsareena
Wimpod Evo
Komo-o
Oranguru

Though there are a bunch of others that I may find that I like more and end up having a final spot on the team like Mimikyu (how do you ignore something that adorable?), Crabrawler's Evo, Crown-of-Thorns pokemon, and Lurantis.

Alola Pokemon I think I'm going to leave for a second run through in which I'll probably use all older gen pokemon (aside from a new Starter, which will probably be Decidueye)

Novembre

If I pick Primarina, I feel a real beauty/cutesy centric team.

I like the idea of a team on a theme. Yours inspires me for a Fairy and cute but creepy one with Primarina (the way its hair moves when it attacks let me think it is keeping its plans to itself) and Mimikyu. I just need to find four more Pokémon now.

10.29.16: ok, it's really hard to find others Pokémon which fit to this theme. Even with no Fairy-type restriction. I added A-Meowth but now I have no idea. I was thinking about Minior, but it's not really cute... And I wanted to add A-Marowak but I'm probably the only one to find it's cute.

Last edited:

Navarch

1. Primarina - Water/Fairy
2. Kommo-o - Dragon/Fighting
3. Mudsdale - Ground
4. Silvally - Normal
5. Vikavolt? - Electric/Bug
6. Alolan Marowak - Fire/Ghost OR Oricorio - Fire/Flying

Not sure about the last slot. In the past I'd always have a Flying type for Fly, but now I don't really need to use one if I don't want to. I'm not set on Vikavolt, either. Silvally could change, too. I'm definitely using the first three, I just really live their designs.

Talonflame Falconer
Main team
Vikavolt
Wishiwashi
Minnior
Fomantis
Crabrawler
Wimpod2

Secondary team
NewPokemon2
Crabrawler2
Chargabug
Talonflame
Fomantis
Archeops

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfCypher

I'm surprised to see a lot of people plan on using any of the Oricorio...are you all planning on keeping them even after the in-game playthrough is over (ie: online competitive)?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'm surprised to see a lot of people plan on using any of the Oricorio...are you all planning on keeping them even after the in-game playthrough is over (ie: online competitive)?

In-game and competitive are two different playgrounds.

I don't use my in-game Pokémon as my competitive Pokémon. They're simply not fit for the online stage (imperfect natures/IVs/EVs/movesets) and it'd be rather tedious to make them be. What's fun about the normal playthrough is that it lets you use any kind of Pokémon you want because of low difficulty.

Even if Oricorio doesn't get the support it needs from its stats to become a good competitive asset, it's still a very interesting/cool-looking/adorable Pokémon to have on a regular team.

Last edited:

Squirtortoise

That's why I like that the in-game isn't crazy hard. Because once you get to online/post-game playing, your crappemons become often useless.

My current team choices are in my sig. I'm kind of boring because half my team is almost always found in the first minutes of the game lol (starter + regional bird + one more wild, in this case Rockruff if it's on the first island). Salandit was one of the first designs revealed to grab me and so I'm going to use it, unless its evolution takes a turn as bad as Buizel -> Floatzel. I wasn't crazy about Jangmo-o's evos but I do still like them and Jangmo-o's design is really cute and also tough-looking at the same time. I also love it's description on the site. I was considering A-Ninetales but now that Primarina is known to be Fairy, I don't really want another. I might go for Sandslash.

I hope to update my sig as I evolve my Pokemon lol..

Last edited:

rocky505

Right now I'm not done planning my team fully for either game, but so far this it all I have planned.

Sun
Incineroar
Lycanroc
Vikavolt
Tapu Fini
Kommo-o/Alolan Exeggutor
Alolan Ninetales/Crabrawler

Moon
Decidueye
Mudsdale
Salandit
???
???
???

scififan21

Well my teams have changed slightly now. :)

Sun:
Inceneroar (Fire-Dark)
Vikavolt (Electric-Bug)
Wishiwashi (Water)
Lycanroc Midday (Rock)
Kommo-o (Dragon-Fighting)
Pikipek3 (?/Flying)

Moon:
Decedueye (Grass/Ghost)
Salandit+ (Fire/Poison?)
Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)
Oranguru (Normal/Pyschic)
Minior (Rock/Flying)
Mudsdale (Ground)

Talonflame Falconer
My in game teams are always my first battle teams too. Until i get something more powerful from wondertrade, non-legendary but more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.