• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gh0st Ninja

Ninja Expert
I have no idea what my team will be at this point. I had been planning on using an all new pokemon team(meaning no Alolan forms). However at that point my team was looking very mono-colored which i really wasn't liking (Decidueye and Lycanroc having permanent spots and Mimikyu and Ribombee being seriously considered). I like to keep my teams colorful. However I changed that tune when i thought of running that team while also dressing my character to match the brown/yellow tone of my team. So it would have been:

-Decidueye
-Lycanroc(Midday)
-Mimikyu
-Ribombee
-Salandit(dark color makes it still fit in i think)
-Kommo-o/Oricorio(pom-pom)/or a certain leaked mon(kinda depends on it's typing).

But since Decidueye was shown to be ghost-type, I'm reconsidering because of too much overlap in types between him, Mimikyu, and Ribombee.

If i did decide to include Alolan forms then I may consider using A-Raichu. A-Marowak was in consideration as well to replace Salandit but now that would be another ghost overlap.

Finally the honorable mentions that may still make it in: Bewear(for Decidueye synergy), Greninja(if i don't use a full new team may as well bring my favorite), Vikavolt(he's just cool), Lycanroc-Midnight(only if he turned out to be really good), and Wimpod(water types are nice and other reasons...).

I probably won't finalize until i actually get the game in my hands though.

Alternatively I thought of a cool dance themed team. I won't be using it though unless i somehow acquire another copy of the game.

-Primarina
-Tsareena
-A-Marowak
-Kommo-o
-Oricorio(Pom-Pom)
-Oranguru

All of these mention dancing at some point in their evolutionary line, with the exception of Oranguru, who i see as the "dance instructor" but he can be replaced if anyone can think of another dancer. Even though I won't be using this team i really like it for it's strong theme, diverse colors and typing, and it more or less uses all new pokemon.

Novembre

I'm surprised to see a lot of people plan on using any of the Oricorio...are you all planning on keeping them even after the in-game playthrough is over (ie: online competitive)?

I will. I'm planning to use the Ghost and Electric ones, but I will breed them (and don't keep the random ones I will catch for my PVE adventure). But I'm not really someone who looks for the better team ever. I like to breed some unexpected Pokémon to go online (like Gourgeist or not fully evolved Pokémon like Braixen). And I'm a fangirl who prefers cute than strong (but if I can use a Pokémon which is cute and strong, it's nice).

mankarp

My choices for my first in-game Moon team:

Incineroar (which i am going to call Brock Lesnar)
Pikipek3 (i love toucans)
Wimpod2
The sand castle
Alolan Ninetales
and Lurantis

I think i'll probably have crabbrawler2 or silvally in rotation

Last edited by a moderator:

Navarch

I'm surprised to see a lot of people plan on using any of the Oricorio...are you all planning on keeping them even after the in-game playthrough is over (ie: online competitive)?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Oricorio are competitively viable; since they're based off dancing, they might get access to Quiver Dance or even Dragon Dance.

Aetius

Well, after a lot of thinking, I came up with my own team for Pokèmon Sun.

Main Team

Litten
Rockruff
Grubbin
Pikipek
Bounsweet
Jangmo-O

Reserves

Salandit
Wimpod
Mudbray
Crablawer
Fomantis
Type:Null

Eventually, during my playthrough in Pokèmon Moon, I'll probably go with this team.

Main Team

Litten
Popplio
Rowlet
Jangmo-O
Vikavolt
Pikipek

Reserves

Bounsweet
Rockruff
Wimpod
Salandit
Crablawer
Type:Null

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

I picked the electric Oricorio for my team because I think it looks really cute and my team needed an Electric type Pokemon. I'll be replacing my entire in-game for the post-game with IV bred Pokemon. I'll still be keeping them but, other than Talonflame, they won't be seeing much action after the story is over. I've done this in every game since BW.

AG128L

I don't do competitive myself, so I wasn't thinking about that when I put Oricorio on my team. I dance in real life, and pom is one of my favorite styles, so I couldn't pass up a Pokemon that shares my hobby!

LoveMcQueen5683

I'm going to have to replace all my team with competitively fit pokemon and pretend its the same guys i went on the adventure with. Idk how im going to do that without my iv dittos.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Subject may change.

Incineroar (Fire/Dark)
Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)
Alolan Ninetales (Ice/Fairy)
Alolan Raichu (Electric/Psychic)

I haven't thought for the 6th slot. I've been thinking of a Steel/Ground or Poison/Ground Pokemon. To deal with Fairy and Electric Pokemon. So a choice between Steelix or Nidoking.

Icekid97

May change in the future

Decidueye(Grass/Ghost)
Vikavolt(Bug/Electric)
Mudsdale(Ground)
Vaporeon(Water)
Turtonator(Fire/Dragon)
Sea Urchin(Water?)

The only reason I'm not using any of the Oricorio (for now) is because I already have Pokemon that will represent the types they are, and I'm trying not to overlap.

Alolan Raichu is Electric/Psychic, so that takes care of two Oricorio already. Since I'm picking Litten, that only leaves the ghost one. But since Litten will eventually become dark type, do I even really want the remaining ghost one at this point (both types are different but still similar in some aspects)?

Competitive is a different story, as I can find uses for all 4 of them (and the Electric and Fire ones are my fave from that bunch), but for ingame, right now I can't find a spot for them outside of rotating members

TRG

I noticed very few people will be using Bewear on their respective teams... Am I the only one who loves its design? :x A cute, giant teddy bear looking thing that will **** your **** up is both a hilarious and awesome concept to me. Maybe I'm just weird?

Orphalesion

I noticed very few people will be using Bewear on their respective teams... Am I the only one who loves its design? :x A cute, giant teddy bear looking thing that will **** your **** up is both a hilarious and awesome concept to me. Maybe I'm just weird?

I love the Huggie Bear, it's a gigantic, super strong Pokemon that just wants to hug things. What's not to love?

Pretty sure I'm gonna use it at some point. It's the first Fighting Type in all of Pokemon I actually like.

TRG

This picture of him is what won me over.

1c26b7c734d41dbf251b546d99f625dafb832317_hq.jpg

So cute... Yet so violent. xD

Skyknight

Based entirely on types...(Five of them, anyway. One is known to be in Alola only through the leaks, so I'll leave it out.)

Pom-Pom Oricorio
Primarina
Muk
Palossand
Bewear/Machamp/Passimian

(All resistances represented, no weakness represented more than twice, no type represented more than once, every pure type can suffer a super-effective STAB)

My only worry is that this is likely to be on the slow side, except for Oricorio.

Last edited:

sketchersmeargle

My Smeargle with his infamous move set (Meteor Mash, Hi Jump Kick, Moonblast and Power Whip)

with Decidueye
Vikavolt
Ribombee
Pyukumuku
Wimpod's evo (placeholder name is Krillmonger)
Passimian

Last edited by a moderator:

Andraste

Decidueye turning out to be Grass/Ghost has changed my plans. I was planning to use both it and Mimikyu, but with Alolan Raichu also in my team I'd have too many Ghost-weak Pokemon in the team. (I have a rule that no more than one third of my in-game team is allowed to be weak to any given type.) I decided that I'd save Mimikyu for either the post-game or my Moon team and use Icetales instead. So now I have:

Decidueye
Lycanroc
Wishiwashi
Kommo-o
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Ninetales

This is what I got from what we've seen so far:

Primarina
Rockruff
Mimikyu
Lurantis
Salandit