• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I noticed very few people will be using Bewear on their respective teams... Am I the only one who loves its design? :x A cute, giant teddy bear looking thing that will **** your **** up is both a hilarious and awesome concept to me. Maybe I'm just weird?
I'm definitely planning on having Bewear in my reserves for Pokémon Moon, but I'm not sure whether to have it or Crabrawler on my main team

Colton S

Beware Bewear
It seems like a good time to update my party.

Incineroar
Lycanroc (Midday form)
Alolan Raichu
Bewear
Silvally

Maybes:
Cosmog
Gumshoos
Pikipek's Evo

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
as the signature implies, my team is as follows so far:

rowlet>dartrix>decidueye
grubbin>charjabug>vikavolt
salandit>evo
frospix>icetales (vulpix>ninetales)
jangmo-o>hakamo-o>kommo-o

my last is uncertain, i need a water type and if wimpod stays water/bug, ill use him. Other options are the leaked sea urchin from the TCG, sylvally(water or ground), rockruff, or mudsdale.

Last edited:
It could change but as of now:

Decidueye (Grass/Ghost)
Mudsdale (Ground)
Wimpod > Evo [which I'm going to predict is called Powerlouse] (Bug/Water)
Alolan Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon)
Salandit > Evo (Poison/Fire)
Pikipek > Evos

Last edited by a moderator:

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
Litten
Mudsdale
Mimikyu
Jangmo-o
Tapu Fini
Wimpod

Steelcry

Mew Guardian
Gah ok so I have to get this off my chest and ask for some help here guys. First bit is a rant so ignore if you want...

I hated what they did to Incineroar, I hate that he looks like a fighter! I was hoping for something so....not that. Moving on. Decidueye; uhhh ok not my favorite design but cool typing and I like the whole archer them but them eyes bug me I wanna see a close up of his shiny form... Primarina; was not expecting that but I do like it I just well its just not my thing. So yet again I have to pick a starter and hope that the finale form grows on me. I did this with AS and X games, I didn't like any of the finales of AS games but I ended up loving my Tankro (Swampert) and I ended up loving my Scyth (Greninja) even though he was my least liked first form.

So I need help deciding which I should pick for my team. I adore Litten and I even love the second evo but the third just throws me for a loop. Rowlet is cute and the evos are ok. Popplio is ok, the secound evo sort freaks me out but final form doesn't bother me at all its just not what I would normally have on my team.

So do I go for Litten and hope Incineroar grows on me?
Or try Rowlet and hope Decidueye eyes don't end up bugging me to death?
Or go for Popplio and step away from my normal theme with the super pretty Primarina?
As it stand my team for the game is going to be
Lycanroc (Midday),
Mimikyu,
Salandit,
Wimpod,
?5,
?6

As you can see I have two spots open one will be my starter and the third I was thinking of a second starter or going with Alola forms of Ninetails/Sandslash/Exeggutor/Marowak. I don't want to have a really hard time with battles so I try to keep a well rounded team but I think I'm going to end up overlaping on fire or water at this point... So ideas?

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
So thanks to the reveal of Decidueye as a Grass/Ghost, my team plan suddenly isn't looking quite as balanced. Two Ghosts give me a big Dark weakness that I wasn't counting on, though it is to a degree countered by the two Bug types. At the moment I'll see how it goes in game, but I would rather add in something that resists Dark than take out Decidueye or A-Marowak, as I'm super hyped to use both of them.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
Eh, why not. This is the team I have plans on using for my first playthrough of Pokemon Moon:

- Decidueye
- Alolan Raichu
- Lycanroc (Midnight)
- Salandit
- Alolan Ninetales
- Koomo-o

I legitimately had trouble picking which starter I wanted to pick. I really do like all three of them equally, but Grass/Ghost just seems fun to use. Rest of the team are just ones that have been revealed that I like design wise, and also has good type coverage (Grass, Ghost, Electric, Psychic, Rock, Fire, Poison, Ice, Fairy, Dragon, Fighting).

future.newyorker

My plans for my final team on Moon is finally:

Decidueye
Lycanroc (Midnight Form)
Alolan Marowak
Silvally
Kommo-o
Tapu Koko

Though I'm not sure when Silvally and Tapu Koko will become available, so in the meantime, I'm going to be using Mimikyu and something else.

Snowdog

This is most likely becoming my sun or moon team (haven't decided yet). The only pokemon that I'm not sure of is Tapu Bulu. Maybe I'll replace him for another fairy or grass type ^^

2cdwyth.jpg

Attachments

• sunmoonteam.jpg
    sunmoonteam.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

glacialcat

Or go for Popplio and step away from my normal theme with the super pretty Primarina?
Lycanroc (Midday),
Mimikyu,
Salandit,
Wimpod,
?5,
?6

As you can see I have two spots open one will be my starter and the third I was thinking of a second starter or going with Alola forms of Ninetails/Sandslash/Exeggutor/Marowak. I don't want to have a really hard time with battles so I try to keep a well rounded team but I think I'm going to end up overlaping on fire or water at this point... So ideas?

I imagine if you're hoping to start to love one of the Starters, then it would be significantly easier to go from Neutral > Love than Dislike > Love, so it seems to me that Primarina or Decidueye are better choices for you. That being sad, honestly if you're looking to fall in love with a Pokemon... I just recommend looking up fanart. It can sometimes give me a hook or an interesting way to approach a Pokemon I never cared much for. I didn't particularly like Chesnaught, but fanart depicting it as a sensitive gentle giant who loves hugs got me to appreciate it more than fanart that was showing it as just a savage beating machine. For me personally I enjoy it when I can give a bit of personality to my Pokemon and this helps.

So thanks to the reveal of Decidueye as a Grass/Ghost, my team plan suddenly isn't looking quite as balanced. Two Ghosts give me a big Dark weakness that I wasn't counting on, though it is to a degree countered by the two Bug types. At the moment I'll see how it goes in game, but I would rather add in something that resists Dark than take out Decidueye or A-Marowak, as I'm super hyped to use both of them.

Well if you're looking for something that resists Dark... there's some good options. Ribombee, Bewear, Crabrawler, Kommo-o, Passimian, any Tapu (well, except Lele), A-Persian, A-Raticate, and A-Muk.

And of course, Silvally is there to fix any team make up problems for anyone!

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Copying from my previous post:

Moon:
Torracat (NOT evolving into litten3, ugh)
Palossand
Gumshoos/Silvally
Lurantis/Tsareena
Kommo-o
Lycanroc Midday (trading from Sun) Or Lycanroc Midnight

Sun:
Popplio and evos
Morelull
Salandit/Turtonator
Mudsdale
Sensu Oricorio
Gumshoos/Silvally

Other Options:
Pyukumuku (Moon)
Rowlet and evos (both games)
Pikipek and evos
Drampa
Mimikyu
Cutiefly
Regional Monkeys
Guardian legends
Box Legends (especially Lunala!!)
Alola Ninetails
Alola Raichu
Alola Marowak
Alola Meowth

CHANGES:
Incineroar has grown on me a bit, so I may evolve Torracat.
If I can get a Cosmog early, I may use it.
I like both Popplio and Rowlet's final evos, so I'm having a debate on which one I should pick for Sun...

LittleEvil

Veteran Trainer
Gah ok so I have to get this off my chest and ask for some help here guys. First bit is a rant so ignore if you want...

I hated what they did to Incineroar, I hate that he looks like a fighter! I was hoping for something so....not that. Moving on. Decidueye; uhhh ok not my favorite design but cool typing and I like the whole archer them but them eyes bug me I wanna see a close up of his shiny form... Primarina; was not expecting that but I do like it I just well its just not my thing. So yet again I have to pick a starter and hope that the finale form grows on me. I did this with AS and X games, I didn't like any of the finales of AS games but I ended up loving my Tankro (Swampert) and I ended up loving my Scyth (Greninja) even though he was my least liked first form.

So I need help deciding which I should pick for my team. I adore Litten and I even love the second evo but the third just throws me for a loop. Rowlet is cute and the evos are ok. Popplio is ok, the secound evo sort freaks me out but final form doesn't bother me at all its just not what I would normally have on my team.

Lycanroc (Midday),
Mimikyu,
Salandit,
Wimpod,
?5,
?6

Seeing as you have salandit on the team, id say its obvious you dont want to choose litten, which id agree with; i didnt like his final either. However, I also see you have wimpod and mimikyu on your lists. Now, i like teams that cover most of the game and dont create too many glaring weaknesses. So if you pick rowlet, youre gonna end up with 2 ghosts, but if you pick popplio, youll have 2 waters and 2 fairies (that is if wimpod stays bug/water after it evolves). If I was you, i'd probably pick rowlet in that case, so not to have too many weaknesses in common. Also, for your final, I'd say go with sandslash; mainly cause i think it looks cool and its two typings you dont already have on the team. hope this helped, but take this only as my opinion and suggestion.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Set my team already:

Decidueye, the toucan, Tsaarena, Kommo-O, Vikavolt and Ash-Greninja.

Last edited by a moderator:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I might as well chime in. I'm leaving a few spaces blank for now, so that I can play it by ear, but so far I have:

- Primarina (Martha)
- Pikipek (Aracari)
- Mimikyu (Scribbles)
- (maybe) Vikavolt (Serenity)
- TBD
- TBD

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
I usually improvise my in-game team, but often it ends up centered around a few old favorites *coughLucariocough*, so I guess I'll try to plan ahead somewhat.

Pretty much set:
Primarina/Mimikyu/A-Ninetales (I want all of them on my team, but I have a rule about using only one Pokémon of each type...sigh. Might break that rule this gen, there's just so many cool Fairy-types.)
Lurantis
Midday Lycanroc

Possibilities:
Vikavolt
Unnamed anchor
Unnamed bubble spider

If I do end up having three Fairy-types on my team, I'm definitely going to want a good Psychic-type, since my team will be majorly weak to Poison. If I don't use Vikavolt it could be A-Raichu, but I'll have to test it out since I've never really liked normal Raichu in battle.

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Confirmed for Moon (Main):

• Primarina (Nickname: Aria).
  • Alolan Ninetales.
  • Tsareena.
  • Lycanroc Midnight(?).
  • Oricorio Sensu (or Baile) /or Salandit Evolution.
  • Silvally /or Cosmog.

Confirmed for Sun:

• Decidueye.
  • Wimpod Evolution.
  • Lycanroc Midday.
  • Turtonator /or Incineroar.
  • Passimian /or Kommo-o.
  • Pikipek Evolution /or Vikavolt /or Wishiwashi.

Last edited:

knightwolf09

So far the main teams looking good

Incineroar

Oricorio (Pom-Pom)

Lycanroc Midday

Kommo-o

Mudsdale/Sandslash - Might switch them later on if I like using Sandslash more

Bell Spider thing - I need a Water type and this seems to be the only Water type I want in this gen.

Steelcry

Mew Guardian
Thank you Glacialcat and LittleEvil! Your comments really helped!
I've choose to throw cation to the wind and I've decided to go with Incineroar, mainly because he's my style even though I didn't want him to be a big brute, (I've noticed that I seem to go for the more big and intimidating pokemon) I was hoping he have a more sleek/all fours style but I guess that would be too much like Solgaleo... Although I am debating on grabbing up one of the other two starters to fill in my 6th slot even if it overlaps...

So as it stands my team is now looking like this. Mind you I will be making final choice once the move sets are revealed because I've learned my lessen before and think I'm going to need to slip a grass type in. I'll probably go with A-Exeggutor and get some dragon while I'm at it...
Incineroar (Fire/Dark) : Looking up name options, ideas are welcomed!
Lycanroc {Midday} (Rock) : Male named Dare
Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy) : Male? named Echo-loc hoping for shiny
Wimpod >Evo (Bug/Water?) : Looking up name options, ideas are welcomed!
Salandit>Evo (Poison/Fire?) : Thinking Mythist for a female and Sly for a Male
Alolan Exeggutor (Grass/Dragon) : *stares* Uh I ain't got a clue, help? lol, I just keep picture this hug tree dino coming out of the forest chasing me down. I'll be thinking it wants to eat me while in reality it just wants to play or something XD Ooo maybe a number name something that means 4 for its 4 heads...

I'm just hoping Salandit won't change that fire typing to dark and Wimpod won't loose that water typing... I've never actually had a bug on my team... Huh, this should be interesting ooh I hope it learns "Bug Bite" that move was such a pain in X for me I hated it every time... I honestly can't wait till they show the rest of the pokemon along with their typing and movesets so I can really get down to it. Speaking of which I hope Mimikyu can learn at least one Electric type move, anyone think this will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.