• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navarch

I decided to go with Primarina, Crobat, Metagross, Krookodile, Jolteon, and Alolan Exeggutor as my team. I might use the QR Scan so I can get Exeggcute early on. Right now, I have a Popplio and Zubat.

Half of them are weak to Ice but Crobat is bulky and Exeggutor can learn Flamethrower, so I'm not all that concerned.

SuperTyranitar

Still only see the following Pokemon as the only good choices for me. I still have no idea what my full team will be, even after peeking at the S/M Pokedex on this site.

Decidueye
Mudsdale
Lapras (yet again. No good Water-type choices for me this gen)
Kammo-o

Do you think they're that bad?
As water types I actually like the spider, golisopod and toxapex. This generation has just few pokemon that looks bad. I guess the lesser, higher the quality. In my opinion the ugliest are Drampa and the teddy bears(Teddyursa and ursaring is how it's done!).

Last edited:

Moonboy65

current team:

Alolan Ninetales lvl 33 (In training)
Moves:
Dazzling Gleam
Toxic
Hex
Aurora Beam

Incineroar lvl 50
Moves:
Shadow Claw
Flame Charge
Darkest Latriat
Acrobatics

Charjabug lvl 49
Moves:
Dig
X-Scissor
Spark
Crunch

Golisopod lvl 44
Moves:
Poison Jab
Iron Defense
First Impression
Rock Tomb

Crabrawler lvl 42
Moves:
Power-Up Punch
Stone Edge
Payback
Crabhammer

Ribombee lvl 45
Moves:
Bug Buzz
Psychic
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam

I'm still waiting on the official artwork for Golisopod tho

Legendary Dreams

Forget everything I said about having a planned team, I ended being so into the world again and obsessed with catching everything I could that the team is literally all over the place. Turns out the trials themselves were weaved quite tightly into the story that I probably wouldn't be able to obtain the correct team for them anyway.

I'm probably going just end up going with the flow and composing my team with whatever Pokemon I want to evolve then keeping those with non-hindering natures. I might go the extra mile in terms of Natures for Pokemon I like, but otherwise it'll be easier to set-up competitive versions post-game. Not going to transfer Ash-Greninja since I want to get the right nature. I think Solgaleo is the only Pokemon I need to specifically prepare Synchronize and reset for the best distributed base IV, even though Hyper Training exists.

Just like how planning ahead was fun before I got the game, going with the flow becomes more fun instead when one has the game. Save the headache number-crunching for post-game...

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
This is my moon team right now.
Jonathan the Brionne lv 17
Kuwagata the grubbin lv 17
Iwanu the rockruff lv 12

Kanethedragon

Veteran Pokegamer
This is my Sun team. Just beat the main story.

Kamai'e - Kommo-o 54
Robin - Decidueye 61
Bro Dude - Alolan Raichu 60
Selana - Salazzle 60
Kyuubi - Alolan Ninetails 58
Kyuumaru - Mimikyu 60

7 tyranitars

Planned team so far:

Decidueye
Salazzle
Kommo-o
Alohan Ninetails

Got two spots left which will probably be filled on a whim

Chimecho3000

Caught all members of my team now. Just did the Battle Royale and will heading to the Fire trial next, so my Pokes aren't all fully evolved yet but this is what it will look like at the end:

Incineroar (male/Adamant)
Alolan Persian (female/Modest/Fur Coat)
Toucannon (female/Adamant/Skill Link)
Ribombee (female/Modest/Shield Dust)
Vaporeon (male/Modest/Water Absorb)
Alolan Dugtrio (male/Jolly/Tangled Hair)

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Forget everything I said about having a planned team, I ended being so into the world again and obsessed with catching everything I could that the team is literally all over the place. Turns out the trials themselves were weaved quite tightly into the story that I probably wouldn't be able to obtain the correct team for them anyway.

I'm probably going just end up going with the flow and composing my team with whatever Pokemon I want to evolve then keeping those with non-hindering natures. I might go the extra mile in terms of Natures for Pokemon I like, but otherwise it'll be easier to set-up competitive versions post-game. Not going to transfer Ash-Greninja since I want to get the right nature. I think Solgaleo is the only Pokemon I need to specifically prepare Synchronize and reset for the best distributed base IV, even though Hyper Training exists.

Just like how planning ahead was fun before I got the game, going with the flow becomes more fun instead when one has the game. Save the headache number-crunching for post-game...
I may not have a set team for a while, I have to switch around some for the Island Challenges.

Moonboy65

my team so far

Incineroar lvl 51
Vikavolt lvl 50
Ribombee lvl 46
Golisopod lvl 45
Alolan Ninetales lvl 42
Crabrawler lvl 43

Bowlbasaur

Do you think they're that bad?
As water types I actually like the spider, golisopod and toxapex. This generation has just few pokemon that looks bad. I guess the lesser, higher the quality. In my opinion the ugliest are Drampa and the teddy bears(Teddyursa and ursaring is how it's done!).

I agree about the water types! I actually haven't even decided which of those three I want to end up using. I just caught a Wimpod, but I know I can get Mareanie soon and that's who I'm leaning towards a bit. I love the idea of Araquanid's ability but, ya know, spiders are icky.

I wasn't crazy about Bewear either until I saw him in the show, but his insanity won me over lol. Drampa looks ok, but he is was overshadowed by Kommo-o in terms of dragon types this gen (IMO).

Ashrynn

Decidueye
Ash-Greninja
Salazzle
A-Raichu
A-Ninetales
Staraptor

My planned Sun team. I will likely use Lycanroc and another Flying type until I can get to Ninetales and Staraptor though.

Last edited:

iggy the skorupi

This is my elite four winning team:
Level 60 incineroar
Level 55 araquanid
Level 59 Toucannon
Level 55 Carominable
Level 59 Vikavolt
Level 45 Dhelmise

Currently starting my hunt for the ultra beasts.

superyellowduck

Ace Trainer
I've been trying to plan my team for a while now - and I think I have finally got it sorted. Using this team, it's fairly balanced and I don't have a massive disadvantage:

Primarina (I'm part of the Popplio Protection Squad haha)
Alolan Raichu
Mudsdale (Stamina is SO OP)
Salazzle
Bewear
Tsareena

NOW JUST HAVE TO WAIT TILL 3PM WEDNESDAY 23RD AND IT IS AGONISING

SueChef

Old dog, new tricks!
This is my current team for Sun

Decidueye
Passimian
Salazzle
Golisopod
Minior
Toucannon

Last edited:

Xblade13

Experimentalist
My current team. Currently just finished the second island.

Soaprano (Brionne), lvl 32, Bold
Toucannon, lvl 32, Jolly (kinda messed up lol)
Bouncee (Tsareena), lvl 32, Adamant
Charjabug, lvl 32, Docile
Boldore, lvl 33, Brave
interchangeable spot

I'm not seeking anything truly competitive until post game. I already have an Adamant Skill Link Pikipek awaiting it's training. Is the SOS battles the only good way to EV train?

Blaizey

The team I won the Elite Four with was:
Decidueye
Vikavolt
Golithapod
Salazzle
Kommo-O
Solgaleo (I don't normally use legendaries, but after the story I couldn't bring myself to stuff it in the box)

BlitzGirl41

On Akala Island, on my way to the volcano path (all Pokemon are level 21-23)...

Dartrix
Growlithe
Mudbray
Charjabug
Rockruff
Trumbeak

Yes, not a great team so far, but I still can't find a Water-type I care for. Gyarados...sure, but I don't feel up for leveling up a Magikarp. I at least want to get Trumbeak evolved before I box him. Slandit is tempting, but I'm not a fan of its stats or the fact that it has to be female to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.