• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonSpawn

"Oliver", a.k.a. Decidueye
Raichu (Alolan)
Salazzle
Golisopod
Kommo-o
Solgaleo

Boxed:
Snorlax
Passimian
Zygarde (10%)

About to take on the League!

Last edited:

DreamShield

Seeing everything and everything unveiled when I finally get the game I am going for:

Primarina, Toxapex, Minior, Mimikyu, Alolan Ninetails (I'll get Vulpix traded in from a friend), and Kommo-o.

Because everything past Mareanie is pretty late in the game, and Mareanie isn't that early, I'm going to be using but not in the final team (probably):

Espeon, Bewear, and Lycanroc (Midday form, i'll have a friend evolve my Rockruff)

The latter two of which I was thinking of using anyways but saving for a possible next 7th gen game, and the former of which I just need so Popplio doesn't become massively overleveled. I would have preferred finally using a Glaceon, but the Ice Rock is so late in the game...Perhaps in whenever we get a Sinnoh remake.

Andraste

Finally caught my Mimikyu and completed my team! I now have:

Decidueye: Brave Nature. Maybe I should have reset until I got an Adamant one, but I'd been at it for two hours already, and it's not like there aren't uses for a slow U-Turn. Anyway, I'll probably switch to one with its Hidden Ability for competitive purposes, once that becomes available.

Snorlax: Adamant Nature. Using it because the event made it so easy to get a good one, but it's just as badass as it was when I caught and used my first Snorlax. (Seven years ago, in my first Pokemon game, SoulSilver!)

Oricorio: Timid Nature. I was just planning to use her until I filled out the rest of my team, but then I caught a Timid one by sheer chance, and this team is really low on Special Attack. Also, she's so adorable. Hoping to find Red Nectar soon.

Midday Lycanroc: Jolly Nature. I found her a bit under-powered when she first evolved, but now that she has Rock Slide and Crunch she's doing great. (Accelerock will be useful competitively, but Rock Slide is so much better for Zubats and Trumbeaks that like to call all their friends.)

Toxapex: Quiet Nature. Completely worth the time it took to catch a female one with Merciless and breed her for a decent nature. Baneful Bunker followed by Venoshock is a mean trick to play on the AI, but so much fun <3. Looking forward to trying her out in Trick Room.

Mimikyu: Careful Nature. It took me an hour to find one, but the first one I saw was the nature I was hoping for! (I plan to run a defensive-ish set with Bulk Up and Will-O-Wisp.) I've been in love with it since I read its flavour text on the web site, and I am not disappointed. I think the Ghost Trial in general is one of my favourite Pokemon moments ever.

Bonus boxed Pokemon: Crabrawler. Great early on, but was starting to lag behind by the time I replaced it with Mimikyu since it evolves so late. And Crabominable has too many weaknesses to fit on this team, anyway. Planning to come back to it post-game, when I'm building that Trick Room team.

Last edited:

pOlarizer

I take it your a fan of bug pokemon? Haha!

How is Golisopod? I'm super tempted to raise one, but I was having a hard time fitting him into my team and keeping it balanced. I could trade him out for Slowbro...

Golisopod is so good! Definitely suffering from 4mss. First Impression takes out a big chunk of hp, Bug Bite recovers. There's also Posion Jab, Sucker Punch, Liquidation, Aqua Jet....

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Decidueye: Brave Nature. Maybe I should have reset until I got an Adamant one, but I'd been at it for two hours already, and it's not like there aren't uses for a slow U-Turn. Anyway, I'll probably switch to one with its Hidden Ability for competitive purposes, once that becomes available.

Same here. I managed to get lucky with my Popplio and get Modest after about... 15-ish(?) soft resets, but Rowlet was taking forever, got a Brave nature and called it quits. If only SR'ing for starters was as easy as ORAS...

Good thing I managed to get extremely lucky and find a Timid Synchronize Abra, used it to get my Timid Pichu. Now I've got to hope I get an Adamant Crabrawler from Berry patches. Good thing they're easy to SR for.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
My current team in Sun:
Serious nature Incineroar
Naughty nature Toucannon
Brave nature Lycanroc
Hardy nature Tsareena
Impish nature Komala (At first, I want Mimikyu but then I saw Komala's ability...holy jesus. It mean no annoying statue conditions for my cute koala!)

Planning to get Alolan Sandslash later once I find Alolan vulpix and trade it in GTS for Alolan Sandshrew.

Update: Naive nature Sandshrew!

Last edited:

DS0308

<--- Actually me
Team I beat the League with:

Primarina (Relaxed)
Salazzle (Bold)
Vikavolt (Bold)
Lycanroc-Midday (Hardy)
Mudsdale (Naive?) - originally caught a Careful one but it didn't have Stamina so I binned it haha
Kommo-o (Lax)

Everytime I battled Hau I always forgot he lead with Alolan Raichu, to which I have barely any switch-ins to. It was basically hard into Mudsdale and pray it wasn't a 2HKO or he didn't get a SpDef drop.

Managed to catch a Jolly Kartana which was amazing but it's IV spread is pretty rubbish from a first glance, considering I have a Bashful one that's noticeably faster and has more Attack. :p Hyper Training it is then... hoping to use a Scarf set to cheese my way to Battle Tree victory lol.

Bowlbasaur

I see a lot of toxapex. I hope you guys had better luck finding it than I did lol.

It took me over an hour to finally get a Mareanie to show up, but it has been worth it!

BlitzGirl41

It took me over an hour to finally get a Mareanie to show up, but it has been worth it!

Is it true that Mareanie is only an SoS Pokemon? At least, that's what it looks like on the Serebii site. Which Pokemon calls it in?

Abzu

Well after I finised the league in Moon this is my team in the end:

-Primarina.
-Lycanroc (Midnight)
-Crabominable.
-Lurantis.
-Torkoal.
-Lunala

This team was for my first run on the game, I planned Moon to be the first game that I cleared and witouth any help from the internet, and Sun would be the game I play with full knowlegde of what happens and were to find Pokemon and many other things.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I beat the league earlier today. (In the late night hours of my timezone, that is... lol)

This was my final team in my game:
- Adelaide (Decidueye♀); Level 70
- Gleam (Butterfree♂); Level 61
- Kirika (Pikachu♀); Level 61
- Serenade (Salazzle♀); Level 58
- Jette (Salamence♀); Level 57
- Metagross; Level 50

To be honest, I didn't do any team pre-planning whatsoever and went with my gut. xD Don't remember the natures off the top of my head (other than my Decidueye/Pikachu being Bashful), but considering this was my in-game team, it didn't matter to me as much. I didn't use a single Z-move throughout my journey, until I started challenging the league. But oh man... Sinister Arrow Raid is beautiful. <3 My archer owl did the majority of the heavy lifting, pretty much.

But with that out of the way, and to eventually get the UB quest out of the way... least I can focus on breeding for the mons I want with the right natures. Sucks that IV breeding is going to be a bit of a chore till the option to transfer from ORAS becomes available.

RoboRaph

I'm doing a challenge thing with my own rules:

1) Catch every Pokémon encountered that is not in the dex.
2) No Pokémon may be moved from the party to the box unless it's fully evolved, unless it's to make room for a utility Pokémon (for example Hold Back Munchlax or HM user).
3) Pokémon taken from the box must be taken in order, from the first non-fully evolved Pokémon.
4) Every Pokémon acquired must be nicknamed.
5) GTS or wonder trade Pokémon may be used as long as they have a nickname and are not higher in level than the highest level in the party. It is possible to ask for a nickname in GTS but this will usually be ignored.
6) Battle mode is SET (no free switch when a Pokémon faints).

Here is my team so far:
Litten F Lv.11 - Mamiti (soft resetted for a female)
Pikipek M Lv.10 - Pekdek
Munchlax M Lv.8 - Pancake (free internet download from mystery gift, has Happy Hour and Hold Back)
Ledyba F Lv.8 - Starbug
Metapod M Lv.8 - Boggle
Yungoos F Lv.7 - Nattie

The coolest thing that happened so far was Munchlax using Metronome, getting Spacial Rend which got Alola Form Rattata down to 1HP in one hit, which I then caught.

Crobat_Curse

Team prior to taking on Wishiwashi:

726.png

Torracat@Quick Claw
Adamant [24]
Fire Fang, Bite, Work Up, Lick

744.png

Rockruff@Amulet Coin
Jolly [24]
Rock Tomb, Accelrock, Bite, Brick Break

349.png

Feebas@Normalium-Z
Bold [20]
Splash, Confide, Tackle

046.png

Paras@Fightium-Z
Adamant [23]
Fury Cutter, Spore, Brick Break, False Swipe

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
Ended up changng up my team a bit just finished the Ghost trial and my team is

Primarina
~Hyper Voice
~Sparkling Aria
~Disarming voice
~Reflect

Alolan Raichu
~Psychic
~Discharge
~Nuzzle
~Nasty Plot

Growlithe
~Flamethrower
~Retaliate
~Thief
~Confide

Shelgon
~Crunch
~Dragon Claw
~Rock Tomb
~Protect

Tsareena
~Trop Kick
~Low Sweep
~Acrobatics
~Teeter Dance

Mimikyu
~Leech Life
~Shadow Claw
~Charm
~Swords Dance

I'm up for suggestions for my movepool

Sakuraba

I'm about to challenge the league. My team has settled as:

Deci - Decidueye (Grass/Ghost)
A: Overgrown
-Sucker Punch
-Leaf Blade
-Spirit Shackle
-Brave Bird

Volt - Vikavolt (Bug/Electric)
A: Levitate
-Bug Buzz
-Agility
-Thunderbolt
-Flash Cannon

Roc - Lycanroc Midday (Rock)
A: Sand Rush
-Brick Break
-Accelerock
-Crush
-Rock Slide

Salan - Salazzle (Poison/Fire)
A: Corrosion
-Flamethrower
-Toxic
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Bomb

Pod - Golisopod (Bug/Water)
A: Emergency Exit
-Leech Life
-Iron Defense
-Liquidation
-First Impression

Mo-o - Kommo-o (Dragon/Fighting)
A: Soundproof
-Bulldoze
-Sky Uppercut
-Iron Defense
-Dragon Claw

I've debated switching Mo-o's Iron Defense for Dragon Dance, but I'm not sure. The others are pretty set. I wish Volt was faster, but I believe in him. I also wanted to have Earthquake somewhere in there, but wasn't meant to be I suppose.

I'm afraid I may need to train a little more before facing the E4, but I'm gonna give it a shot anyways.

Last edited:

RareShinyShinx

Ok, so i'm pretty bad with competitve, or even casual, and could use some help please :3 I want to use so many new pokemon but have to choose!

What I want:
~Primarina
~Toxapek
~Salazzle
~Mudsdale
~Golosipod/Aquarid
~A-Raticate
~Mimikyu
~A-Ninetales [though i guess she would be better in a hail team?]
~wishiwashi
~Toucannon
~A-Dugtrio

SO, as you can see there are a lot I want to use but not sure what a good team is... :/

So far, I'm planning to use Primarina, Gumshoos, Krookodile, Passimian, Salazzle and Lycanroc. I am, however, considering maybe trying Tsareena instead of Krookodile or Gumshoos.

So far, I just have a Popplio called Whisper (level 14) and Yungoos called Carmen (level 12).

jacensolo66

Trying to plan my moon team. Think I am going to go with Rowlett as my starter and transfer over Pichu, Salandit, Jangmo-o, Wimpod, and a Vulpix(got a lvl 1 in a wonder trade) from sun. Let me know what you all think.

pokefreakceetje

Want to change my team to be able to take on a lot of types.
Currently it's kinda weak.

Butterfree "Free Butter"
female Lv. 11

Ability:
Compound Eyes

Moves:
Harden
Gust
Confusion

Item:
None

Pikipek
male Lv. 11

Ability:
Keen Eye

Moves:
Peck
Growl
Echoed Voice
Rock Smash

Item:
None

Popplio "Trap"
male Lv. 14

Ability:
Torrent

Moves:
Pound
Water Gun
Growl
Disarming Voice

Item:
Quick Claw

Yungoos "Donald Trump"
male Lv. 11

Ability:
Stakeout

Moves:
Tackle
Leer
Pursuit
Sand Attack

Item:
None

Munchlax
male Lv. 9

Ability:
Thick Fat

Moves:
Tackle
Metronome
Hold Back
Happy Hour

Item:
Snorlium Z

Grubbin "/boot/grub2"
female Lv. 11

Ability:
Swarm

Moves:
Vice Grip
String Shot
Mud-Slap
Bite

Item:
None

What should I change about my team, and what should I do with my moves, and what Pokémon should I remove/add?

Status
Not open for further replies.