• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokefreakceetje

Want to change my team to be able to take on a lot of types.
Currently it's kinda weak.

Butterfree "Free Butter"
female Lv. 11

Ability:
Compound Eyes

Moves:
Harden
Gust
Confusion

Item:
None

Pikipek
male Lv. 11

Ability:
Keen Eye

Moves:
Peck
Growl
Echoed Voice
Rock Smash

Item:
None

Popplio "Trap"
male Lv. 14

Ability:
Torrent

Moves:
Pound
Water Gun
Growl
Disarming Voice

Item:
Quick Claw

Yungoos "Donald Trump"
male Lv. 11

Ability:
Stakeout

Moves:
Tackle
Leer
Pursuit
Sand Attack

Item:
None

Munchlax
male Lv. 9

Ability:
Thick Fat

Moves:
Tackle
Metronome
Hold Back
Happy Hour

Item:
Snorlium Z

Grubbin "/boot/grub2"
female Lv. 11

Ability:
Swarm

Moves:
Vice Grip
String Shot
Mud-Slap
Bite

Item:
None

What should I change about my team, and what should I do with my moves, and what Pokémon should I remove/add?

Anyone who can rate it, and make comments on it?

RareShinyShinx

So...is leveling my pokemon to around 14-15 before the first trial overkill? I mean i have a lvl 17 torracat and havent even fought the teacher in the battle school...is that a bit too much grinding?

I still don't have the game, and I'm beginning to think that I probably won't get the game for Christmas; it's more likely that I'll get it after New Year's. That hasn't stopped me from making changes to my pre-con team, tho! I swapped out Klink for Joltik, because I needed more special attackers, and Squirtle for Froakie, because you don't get Mega Evolution until right before the Guzzlord fight in post-game, and also because you can't use Ash-Greninja until after you beat Olivia. It doesn't help Ash-Greninja's case that Battle Bond is a worse ability than Protean, either. Also, I just realized that adding Greninja to my pre-built team adds a second Dark-type, so out goes Inkay for Ralts!

My pre-built team is looking ever more likely to be my main Sun version playthru team, and so far, it's looking like this:

Jitterbug the Galvantula
Lancelot the Gallade
Phoenicia the Talonflame
Mizunokage the Greninja
Legolas the Decidueye
Indominous the Tyrantrum

Last edited:

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
So I haven't been able to get the game yet. But I'm really curious how incineroar is holding, though. To those of you that have one, what do you think?

Sooooo.... as of actually playing the game, my team is looking to be like this:

Incineroar - Meowstache (intended) (FEMALE FIRST TIME :D)
Snorlax - Pancake (intended)
Lurantis - Vita (intended)
Mimikyu - Kawaii (intended)
Ribombee - Lola (considering but wasn't actually expecting to use)
Carbink - Not (DEFINITELY didn't plan this one)

"Meowstache" the Incineroar is my cool and cute starter, and will never leave my team. I've shared so many memories with her :,'D seeing her way back in May in the trailer, picking her up as a Litten, discovering she was female, levelling her up, using the Care feature... just so many things.
"Pancake" the Snorlax is my Z-move user, and is adorable and bulky. He was there from close to the beginning and has been a great friend on my team. I like to think his Z-move relates to me when I get up on a school morning, or when I see news of something I'm interested in, and so on and so on...
"Vita" the Lurantis is my choice to take a new spin on things, considering I don't usually have a grass type in plot, but he happens to be good in both design and battle too. #SpamTheHellOuttaLeafBlade Also he was the only reason I won against totem wishiwashi (which was hard AF).
"Kawaii" the Mimikyu was awesome from the moment I saw the Corocoro leak, so when I eventually found her and caught her I loved her. It's also really good in competitive. It took me ages to catch her, due to a) the encounter rate and b) she called for an ally THREE TIMES, but I did eventually. I'm gonna treasure her forever.
"Lola" the Ribombee was too adorable to pass as a cutiefly, and she only got cuter, but she also wrecks dragons and dark types like they're nothing with dazzling gleam and pollen puff. This adorable fly has saved my skin multiple times, especially using fairy wind 29 times against Hala due to the 6x accuracy loss from sand attack... but she did it eventually.
"Not" the Carbink was the practical joke of the team. I encountered it in Ten Carat Hill, and thinking it was rare I caught it. Then its Dex entry proved me wrong. I tried to nickname it "NotDiancie", but I ended up clicking enter by accident, causing the name. I didn't realise at the time that I'd bond so much with it, and it also became the only thing on my team at the time that could take down Olivia's Lycanroc.

Overall, despite the team not quite going to plan, I love it. So far they've done great coverage over types, and they've all done really well in times where I thought they'd lose. I'm not gonna forget them :D

I'm such a nerd.....

Last edited:

cascadethewarrior

~Ðiva and Lucariϕ~
So starting my Pokemon Sun over this time with Litten so Im thinking

Incineroar Fire/Dark
Raichu- Electric/ Psychic
Milotic- Water
Tsareena- Grass
Dragonite- Dragon/Flying

So I'm having trouble with my last slot I want either Sylveon or Alolan Ninetales? Which do you think is better? Btw I have a Shiny Finneon and Golbat anf since i really don't go crazy for shinies and have no way of storing them since Pokebank isn't compatible yet and I'm restarting my game i may as well give them away before wasting them

Last edited:

Bowlbasaur

I have only two unevolved Pokémon: Torracat and Morelull. It's still tough. I hope to be able to do it, though. My main issue is that most of my current team is weak to Water... Ugh.
Also, I just caught Mareanie and Dhelmise~~ Super happy. Not sure whether to add one to my team though, especially since Mareanie is lv. 17 and Dhelmise is lv. 30 while my Pokémon are almost lv. 50...

It might be worth your time to level up Mareanie--Toxapex is a total beast and has saved my butt many times! Especially with Merciless as the ability.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
At the Elite 4 right now, though too underleveled to challenge atm (Lv. 50 squad).

whoops, sorry

challenged at Lv. 50, came out at Lv. 55 victorious

Mudsdale was the primary workhorse, and standout MVP. Stamina is insane in-game, and Counter was an easy way to kill things that would've otherwise eaten too much Earthquake and Rock Slide PP. Togedemaru didn't do much of anything until the Champion; fast Electric moves came in handy there. Incineroar chipped in against the Ghost girl and a couple of Fire-weak 'mons, Decidueye helped against a couple of Grass-weak 'mons. Bewear took down a couple of Rock-types, Golisopod didn't do jack.

So I haven't been able to get the game yet. But I'm really curious how incineroar is holding, though. To those of you that have one, what do you think?

It's... decent.

There's some decent coverage to be had with Acrobatics and either Leech Life or U-turn, but Fire/Dark isn't as great as people would like to believe; not being a Fighting-type makes it worse than Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar, not better. It's not a good pick to fight Guzma, since his Pinsir uses Fighting moves while Golisopod runs Razor Shell anyway. Two of the Grand Trials are Rock and Ground and a third runs Ground and Rock coverage, so those aren't good matchups for a Fire starter. Vikavolt hits too hard for a Torracat to handle, since Spark isn't resisted and it's running Occa Berry anyway. The Ghost Totem is half-Fairy, so Bite isn't that great against it, while the Dragon Totem tosses out Sky Uppercuts.

Lots of random crap throws either Rock, Ground, or Fighting coverage moves. Usually, if it's not carrying that, Incineroar can 1v1 it successfully.

I wouldn't say it's worse than the other starters, since Decidueye relies entirely on its typing for defenses due to not having any, while Incineroar at least has good physical bulk (in a game where an overwhelming majority of threats are physical). Primarina is probably better, since Scald shows up early and Water/Fairy is an outstanding combination on its own.

But Incineroar's fine. Run it alongside stuff that can handle its weaknesses, and play its strengths.

Last edited:

Alpacawhisperer

Pokemon master
whoops, sorry

challenged at Lv. 50, came out at Lv. 55 victorious

Mudsdale was the primary workhorse, and standout MVP. Stamina is insane in-game, and Counter was an easy way to kill things that would've otherwise eaten too much Earthquake and Rock Slide PP. Togedemaru didn't do much of anything until the Champion; fast Electric moves came in handy there. Incineroar chipped in against the Ghost girl and a couple of Fire-weak 'mons, Decidueye helped against a couple of Grass-weak 'mons. Bewear took down a couple of Rock-types, Golisopod didn't do jack.

It's... decent.

There's some decent coverage to be had with Acrobatics and either Leech Life or U-turn, but Fire/Dark isn't as great as people would like to believe; not being a Fighting-type makes it worse than Blaziken/Infernape/Emboar, not better. It's not a good pick to fight Guzma, since his Pinsir uses Fighting moves while Golisopod runs Razor Shell anyway. Two of the Grand Trials are Rock and Ground and a third runs Ground and Rock coverage, so those aren't good matchups for a Fire starter. Vikavolt hits too hard for a Torracat to handle, since Spark isn't resisted and it's running Occa Berry anyway. The Ghost Totem is half-Fairy, so Bite isn't that great against it, while the Dragon Totem tosses out Sky Uppercuts.

Lots of random crap throws either Rock, Ground, or Fighting coverage moves. Usually, if it's not carrying that, Incineroar can 1v1 it successfully.

I wouldn't say it's worse than the other starters, since Decidueye relies entirely on its typing for defenses due to not having any, while Incineroar at least has good physical bulk (in a game where an overwhelming majority of threats are physical). Primarina is probably better, since Scald shows up early and Water/Fairy is an outstanding combination on its own.

But Incineroar's fine. Run it alongside stuff that can handle its weaknesses, and play its strengths.

Thanks for the feedback, although I must admit it's not what I was hoping to hear. I'll still use, hopefully I can make it work .

Btw I love your sig.

LoveMcQueen5683

I think he's bad *** but i havent played competitively yet. Bulk up + leech life is a nice combo thats been working for me. Probably wont work in serious battles though

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think he's bad *** but i havent played competitively yet. Bulk up + leech life is a nice combo thats been working for me. Probably wont work in serious battles though

Incineroar is like a physical houndoom, but worse in the competitive scene

Team Sun update:

Decidueye (Owliver) @Grassinium
Overgrow, Brave
Level: 34
-Spirit Shackle
-Pluck
-Razor Leaf
-Tackle

Crabrawler (Knucklehead) @Fightinium Z
Hyper Cutter, Adamant
Level: 32
-Brick Break
-Brutal Swing
-Rock Tomb
-Dizzy Punch

Raichu (Nalu) @Scope Lens
Surge Surfer, Timid
Level: 37
-Psychic
-Thunder Wave
-Discharge
-Sweet Kiss

Wimpod (Podzilla) @Waterinium
Wimp Out, Adamant
Level: 29
-Scald
-Leech Life
-Sand Attack
-Struggle Bug

Wimpod is my newest addition, and I spammed rare candies on Raichu when it was a level 26 Pichu, hence the high level.(Because the stupid Pichu wouldn't evolve, eventually evolved at 34 smh)

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
It might be worth your time to level up Mareanie--Toxapex is a total beast and has saved my butt many times! Especially with Merciless as the ability.
Unfortunately, my Mareanie has Limber as its ability...

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
The archduke - Dartrix
My ace in the hole. Kicked totem wishiwashi's butt.

Fredrick - ledian
Sometimes useful...

Meranda - trumbeak
Awesome. Just one word. Awesome

Salandit
Wasn't planning on using. Lol. Else I wouldja named it

Greninja
...ok.

Can't remember 5th. Lol

Leafy Sea Dragon

I made the mistake of digging myself into a hole, and going deeper and deeper.

I entered the elite four at levels 44-45, and figured since the first guy wasn't so difficult, I'd save and move on. the second lady was more tough, the third lady gave me a hard time, and the fourth lady was sadly easy.

My team ended up as -

lv 44: Toxapex, Ninetales
lv 45: Salazzle
lv 46: Raichu, Tsareena
lv 48: Primarina

If I use my 10 Rare Candies, my team ends up all at level 47 except Primarina still being the same level.

Would it be possible at all to beat the Champion? I seem to get lucky fainting 1-2 of their pokemon every now and then, but in the process, most of my team gets damaged. Should I just give up and grind? If so, should I bother using the Rare Candies or start grinding at 44-48. Where's the best place to grind, where's a good place to get Pokedollars if needed to rebuy potions, and at what level should I stop grinding and reface the E4/Champion? 54? 56?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Run Amulet Coin, lose to the E4, and keep refighting them with Exp. Share turned on until they're around 50ish. Play with them in Refresh to trigger bonus Exp. gain.

If you can only consistently beat one member, then do that. Amulet Coin should earn you 22000, while blacking out should lose you less than 6000. Be stingy with healing if you need to be. Remember to also do the daily Pyukumuku chucking if you're still low on cash.

You shouldn't need to use Rare Candies; with Exp. scaling, it shouldn't take too long to get decent levels.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I'm still trying to figure out my final in-game teams for both games. I haven't had the chance to start Moon yet, but I'm currently at the Paniola Ranch for Sun. This is currently what I have planned so far:

Sun Team:
  • Primarina
  • Vikavolt
  • Alolan Exeggutor
  • Salazzle
  • Crabominable/Alolan Ninetales/ Wishiwashi
  • Undecided

Moon Team:
  • Decidueye
  • Alolan Muk
  • Lycanroc
  • Crabrawler (@ Eviolite)
  • Pyukumuku/Toucannon
  • Mimikyu

Gorgonopsid Master

Strong like bull
I had initially done a run and got to the end of the third island but I just wasnt happy with my team for some reason it didnt feel right, througout the game I didnt have the right balance and ended up getting swept by Hau's Raichu! So I've started again but with rowlett and my planned team is as follows:

Decidueye
Slowbro
Salazzle (I love this thing so much it's design is amazing)
Alolan Ninetails
Kommo-o

I am still undecided for my sixth slot if anyone has any suggestions? I was thinking about using mudsdale since stamina is such a good ability.

robersj4

Currently I am using:

Decidueye
Lycanroc
Mudsdale
Arcanine
Pikachu (going to evolve it soon)
Greninja

I wasn't planning on using Mudsdale, but he has been great on my team. I really like Lycanroc's design, but he has been just okay. I see no reason to have a rock and ground type on my team so I will probably drop Lycanroc. I also want to get Kommo-o and Alolan Ninetales so I have another decision to make down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.