• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunsurge

.:Judgement:.
Idk if I'm overleveled or underleveled (though I'm leaning towards the former). I just got to the part where you go to Team Skull's base. But idk where that is in the story. XD I have:

Decidueye (Lv. 51)
Low Sweep
Spirit Shackle
Pluck
Leaf Blade

Lycanroc (Lv. 49) -Midday
Brick Break
Crunch
Accelrock
Stone Edge

Umbreon (Lv. 48) -S.O.S Battle (<3)
Shadow Ball
Assurance
Psychic
Moonlight

Unsure about Umbreon though. I'm more of a speedy/fighter type (Decidueye's 70 speed hurts me a little-but I gave it Quick Claw), so Umbreon's weaker attacking stats are annoying me. XD I might just go with Decidueye and Lycanroc for the rest of the way.

Dragon Pulse

My team was originally going to consist of Decidueye, Midnight Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Drampa, Ash-Greninja and Alolan Raichu.

However, the final result was:
- Decidueye (Grass/Ghost)
- Midnight Lycanroc (Rock)
- Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy)
- Ribombee (Bug/Fairy)
- Komala (Normal)
- Alolan Raichu (Electric/Psychic)

It is a pretty neat team I suppose. :3

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
My current Pokemon Sun team:

Prmarina level 71:
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Lycanroc (Midday) level 70:
- Accelerock
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Return

Salazzle level 70:
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power (Steel)

Palossand level 67:
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Vikavolt level 69:
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball
- Air Slash

Kommo-o level 68:
- Outrage
- Sky Uppercut
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Assassin9399

Wanna hug?
Just completed my playthrough of Sun. My team was quite neat, rarely got overrun (except for this Miltank on the 2nd island). Most trails were do-able too, as were the Grand Trails. E4 was tough, but with the use of milk and revives I got through. Due to having a diverse team, the final battle was quite alright too.

Did have a lot of trouble with Lusamine's Clefable, because at that point I ran physical Pokes only.

The team is the following:
- Incineroar: Especially early in the game, he was great. Was instrumental in the first few trails, especially because the lack of speed doesn't hurt it as much at the start. During the E4 he was a valuable member too, Flare Blitz & Darkest Luriat are brutal. Just, as mentioned by others, make sure you don't put him in an unfavourable matchup.
- Golisopod: Quite alright. Was a useful pokemon when it evolved, but mostly I leveled him through EXP share. I was happy I had Liquidation for coverage, but probably he was the least valuable member of the team in the end.
- Tsareena: Took some effort to get this one going. Trop Kick is great when you're dealing with pokemon that are weak to it, and it complements Golisopod and Incineroar. However, like Incineroar, it needs support. It does carry some nice defenses, allowing to survive slightly longer than Incineroar.
- Mimikyu: Surprisingly, the star player. I was worried that Mimikyu would be the weakest member of my team, unable to contribute in any way. But the design made me fall in love with it on the moment it was announced. Turns out, Disguise is an ability send from heaven. Mimikyu can abuse Sword Dance thanks to it, and since most Alolan pokemon are slow, Mimikyu can easily outspeed and sweep. Fairy & Ghost are great Stab moves to carry as well. Am really curious to see how it'll preform in the competitive scene.
- Kommo-o: Added this guy really late to the party, right before the League. So can't really make a call. First impressions aren't positive though. He lacks the moves to really abuse his great stats. Currently has Clanging Scales, Brick Break, Poison Jab and Rock Slide. I think this fellow really needs Close Combat.
- Electabuzz: Ran with this guy up till the end of the story. Swapped him for Solgaleo, because of how the story impacted my narrative. Anyhow, Electabuzz is a-okay for having a quick special sweeper, the Thunder Wave/Electroball combination is great. If you can, add an eviolite to improve his odds of survival. Still, I would not recommend him.

Hope this helps folks, lemme know if anyone has questions!

I'm just before Olivia now, and with my complete team. At the moment, I have:

Whisper (Brionne)
Level 28

-Hidden Power (Bug)
-Bubble Beam
-Work Up
-Disarming Voice

Amos Marley (Lycanroc, Midday)
Level 28

-Rock Tomb
-Brick Break
-Accelerock
-Bite

Epona (Mudbray)
Level 28

-High Horsepower
-Rock Tomb
-Rototiller
-Bulldoze

Meena (Tsareena)
Level 29

-Trop Kick
-Sweet Scent
-Stomp
-Razor Leaf

Razzle (Salandit)
Level 30

-Flame Burst
-Toxic
-Dragon Rage
-Hidden Power (Dragon)

Hookturn (Passimian)
Level 26

-Rock Tomb
-Brutal Swing
-Leer
-Rock Smash

XXD17

Draco rex
I've finished the main in story in Sun and I have to say that my team was pretty ok. Incineroar was my starter so he clutched most of the matches. Lycanroc's speed came in so handy at important times. Toucannon had surprising bulk and was my answer to fighting types thanks to beak blast. Golisopod wrecked with first impression. Kommo-o, despite hopping on the squad late, became an extremely powerful member the moment I popped two rare candies onto my jangmo-o. The only Pokémon that was lackluster was lurantis. Sure its attack is decent and it can tank a few special hits, but it's so devastatingly slow. I've never used a Pokémon that could get outspend by a machamp on a main story until now...sure lurantis helped me with wishiwashi and Olivia, but that was it. She's pretty to look at though!

BlitzGirl41

My next stop in the game is the Elite Four, and here is my team at the moment:

Decidueye, lvl 52, Overgrowth
Mudsdale, lvl 52, Stamina
Salazzle, lvl 52, Corrosion
Vikavolt, lvl 52, Levitate
Alolan-Sandslash, lvl 52, Snow Cloak
Lunala, lvl 56, Shadow Shield

My team, quite frankly, has surprised me. Not only was I never planning on actually using an Alolan-variant or a Legendary, but I not once have had to use a Water-type. Mudsdale, with its ability to learn both Ground and Rock moves, has been more than capable of taking out Fire-types. I also originally was using Kommo-o up until I caught Lunala. The only thing about my team is that most of them feel like they have weak defense or special defense. Either that, or Pokemon I have fought just have strong attack or special attack. Fighting the Elite Four will be the proving ground.

Nimajneb

So my team has changed up a bit, and I just completed the grass trial.

Dartrix (Rowlyn) Female :)
Aurora (Finneon)
Luna (Lycanroc - Midday)
Novari (Charjabug)
Chubs (Snorlax)
Flux (Salandit)

Now that I'm in the Lush Jungle I plan to catch a Passimian and replace him with Chubs (Snorlax), but I'll probably try to keep his level up too as he's proven to be touch.

Can I just express how tough it was to get a strong female Salandit!!! I found one in the wild and started breeding like crazy. I managed to get 4 females out of probably 25 offspring. After level them up and checking their IV's i realized their stats suck. Managed to catch another Female, and kept breeding. Eventually had another 3 females (out of probably another 20) and realized their stats are killer, along with the male I bred with.

Finally, Flux has IV's ranging from around 16-28. Nothing lower than 16, most are in the 20's. Once she gets evolved and leveled up she'll be a force to be reckoned with. Probably took about 4 hours between breeding, leveling, and checking IV's though. Sigh.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, while breeding Salandits, I got a Shiny one, of course it was a male though. :(

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Well, I've found more diverse Pokémon now. My Moon playthrough won't be a standstill for much longer. Kommo-o and Dhelmise are now lv. 49 with the rest, except for my starter Torracat, who is lv. 51. I also caught a WAILORD. Wasn't expected that on the end of the fishing pole~~~

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
Finished Moon. Performed it mostly blind, aside from a good chunk of the reveals before hand (fully evolved starter trailer was the last one I watched -no leaks)

Lupine the Decuideye
- My starter. A godsend against Lusamine, able to OHKO her Milotic with Sinister Arrow Raid and able to take out Bewear and Mismagius without much problems (seriously, though, that Bewear is shut out by any ghost type). Unfortunately not that much help against the league and the Champion, aside from the Ghost member where it OHKOd anyone it outsped.

Tucker the Slowbro - I love Slowbro. Unfortunately this adventure was not kind to it -the numerous special attackers, random stuff with Crunch, made it difficult for Slowbro to shine. But when it walled something, it walled it HARD. Pretty much swept the Fighting member of the Elite 4 by itself.

Honor the Salazzle - I encountered an Salandit while searching the grass before the Fire trial and immediately fell in love with it. It was fast, hit hard and could poison anything. Toxic was the best thing to use against the later Totem pokémon, as none of them really had any means of dealing with status. I eventually spoiled myself on this one and discovered I needed a girl. I was upset about that.

Sartunus the Minior
- Added this on impulse and became the linchpin to my team. How easy or rough a time I had against the late game trainers were all contingent on whether or not I could this guy to throw up Screens and Stealth Rocks. One of my most defensive on entering battle, and my fastest when under 1/2 HP.

Ninetales - I fell in love with Aloan Ninetales and wanted one on my team. I got impatient by Tapu village and got a Japenese Aloan Vulpix via GTS not knowing that it was not native to Moon. One of my two cleaners for the Elite 4. After Saturnus setup screens, Ninetales would come in, Nasty Plot, and crush the opposing team. Now you know what happened to the Flying member of the Elite 4.

Micaiah the Absol - My other cleaner. After getting Vulpix, I looked over my team and realized I had a huge emphasis on Special Attacks. So I needed a physical sweeper. After looking over and rejecting several candidates (Bewear was rejected for the Fire weakness, completely missed the desert), I picked up Absol as a holdover for the upcoming ghost trial, to eventually be replaced by something better... Something better never came and Absol became my second cleaner. Again after Screens, Micaiah would set up Swords Dance and sweep with a Super Luck Night Slash. Admittedly Micaiah's slow speed made it a huge liability without Thunderwave support, but once it got Sucker Punch, the journey got much easier.

I admit though, that I beat the Champion primarily through dumb luck, with the affection from Pokémon Refresh giving me what I needed when I needed it most of the time.

Note: As part of a self imposed challenge, I had turned off the Exp. Share and had the battle mode at Set (meaning no free switches).

Last edited:

ebevan91

My next stop in the game is the Elite Four, and here is my team at the moment:

Decidueye, lvl 52, Overgrowth
Mudsdale, lvl 52, Stamina
Salazzle, lvl 52, Corrosion
Vikavolt, lvl 52, Levitate
Alolan-Sandslash, lvl 52, Snow Cloak
Lunala, lvl 56, Shadow Shield

My team, quite frankly, has surprised me. Not only was I never planning on actually using an Alolan-variant or a Legendary, but I not once have had to use a Water-type. Mudsdale, with its ability to learn both Ground and Rock moves, has been more than capable of taking out Fire-types. I also originally was using Kommo-o up until I caught Lunala. The only thing about my team is that most of them feel like they have weak defense or special defense. Either that, or Pokemon I have fought just have strong attack or special attack. Fighting the Elite Four will be the proving ground.

I made the huge mistake of not having any good defensive Pokemon at all. Physically defensive, that is. I have maybe 2 Pokemon that can survive a Super Effective attack vs. similar leveled Pokemon. The rest get OHKO'd.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Okay so possible end game spoilers here............

DO NOT CHOOSE A TEAM THAT IS SLOW AND MULTIPLE WEAK TO FAIRY IF YOU CHOSE LITTEN AS STARTER.

my team:

litten evolution level 65 weak to fairy and water
muk aloan form level 55 weak to fairy. slow
craboninable level 55 weak to fairy. slow
eggsecutor level 55 aloan form. slow, weak to fairy
the new fairy bug pokemon. fragile. good speed sp attk.
kadabra. fast and somewhat good sp attk. but low defense

I had to soft reset like 5 times on final battle before I realized I was going to have to hax my way to victory.

Final battle:

the water starter comes out. it's faster than anything and litten can't one shot it even with the dark z move. every single pokemon weak to fairy gets one shot by moonblast and kadabra and the bug/fairy are fragile and can't one shot it. soooooo. around my 5th try. I used stun spore on the water dude got a lucky crit with executor's z move solar beam. buuuuuut then. fairy type ninetails comes out. oh boy! she wiped out half my team before I went for kinesis hax. got 3 off before she took out my alakazam. then revived bug/fairy for paralize. after that I just revived everyone and finally beat it.

I have never had such a tough final battle before in a pokemon game. Like ever. So if you skipped the spoilers. Don't choose a team that has the same weakness across 4 pokemon unless you are just gonna power level your team to faceroll it.

Crobat_Curse

Sun Team

730.png

Blue[65]
Modest; Scald, Moon Blast, Psychic, Energy Ball

553.png

Crossbone[65]
Jolly; Earthquake, Knock Off, Stone Edge, Superpower

733.png

Flash[65]
Lonely; Beak Blast, Boomburst, Rock Blast, Overheat

764.png

Foster[65]
Bold; Calm Mind, Draining Kiss, Leech Seed, Energy Ball

752.png

Seaton[65]
Adamant; Liquidation, Leech Life, Mirror Coat, Toxic

149.png

Cali[65]
Adamant; Dragon Dance, Outrage, Earthquake, Extreme Speed

Last edited:

Magimasterkarp

His Masterness
Right now, i still have 2 Free slots in my Team, and i will soon tackle the Ghost Trial. Does anyone have an idea or Inspiration for me?
My Team right now:
Robin Hoot, obviously Not Decidueye.;P
-Lv. 47. Not overleveled at All.
-Jolly Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Leaf Blade
-Z Attack: Sinister Arrow Raid
-Pluck

Ash-Greninja (No Name yet)
-Lv.47
-Naive Nature
-Water Shuriken
-Aerial Ace
-Scald
-Night Slash
-Water Z Move

Railgun, the Charjabug
-Lv. 41
-Modest Nature(Took me 5+ hours to get)
-Crunch
-X-Scissor
-Acrobatics
-Spark
-Electric Z Move
-Movepool due to Change after Evolution

Toki the Toucannon
-Lv.41
-Adamant Nature
-Beak Blast
-Roost
-Bullet Seed (skill Link)
-Brick Break (Z Move)

I was considering to get Golisopod, but his typing overlapped with greninja and vikavolt.
I think i would like another fast attacker or Special attacker, and maybe a more supportive or bulky Pokémon. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
So my team has changed up a bit, and I just completed the grass trial.

Dartrix (Rowlyn) Female :)
Aurora (Finneon)
Luna (Lycanroc - Midday)
Novari (Charjabug)
Chubs (Snorlax)
Flux (Salandit)

Now that I'm in the Lush Jungle I plan to catch a Passimian and replace him with Chubs (Snorlax), but I'll probably try to keep his level up too as he's proven to be touch.

Can I just express how tough it was to get a strong female Salandit!!! I found one in the wild and started breeding like crazy. I managed to get 4 females out of probably 25 offspring. After level them up and checking their IV's i realized their stats suck. Managed to catch another Female, and kept breeding. Eventually had another 3 females (out of probably another 20) and realized their stats are killer, along with the male I bred with.

Finally, Flux has IV's ranging from around 16-28. Nothing lower than 16, most are in the 20's. Once she gets evolved and leveled up she'll be a force to be reckoned with. Probably took about 4 hours between breeding, leveling, and checking IV's though. Sigh.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, while breeding Salandits, I got a Shiny one, of course it was a male though. :(

If you SOS battle salandits, by the time you get a female she's all but guaranteed to have 4 great IVs. Took me forty male ones to get the first female, had a great nature and great IVs other than speed.

My own team:

Incineroar - Reliable enough, absolute carnage on ghost and psychic types.
A-Sandslash - Surprisingly not shitty? Where he has a type advantage it's a hefty hitter, never thought I'd find myself using a fury-swipes type move regularly
Shiinotic - He's my MAN, takes hits well, with Giga Drain last forever and ever, does good damage too
Lycanroc (Midday) - Not as fragile as expected, the edgy 'do grew on me, pretty snappy heavy hitter compared to many others available
Toxapex - Absolute lifesaver whenever I find myself in a battle that turned bad on me. Cuter than anticipated
Kommo-o - Raised from an egg since day one, I'd somehow expected him to hit much harder than he does. Dragon moves are just kind of 'there' and don't hit anything common for good damage, his signature attack doesn't use his best attack type, Sky Uppercut's... okay, and non-STAB false swipe is almost unusable. Still, I love his design, and having a fighting type on your team's hardly a bad thing.

I ended up dropping Golisopod in favor of Toxapex, it didn't work as well for me as I'd hoped. Shiinotic's one of my favourites but I'm going to switch in Lele soon, she gets practically the same type coverage moves + 1 and her Psychic is ridiculous.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Argh I can't decide whether I should stick with Mudbray or swap it for a Sandyghast...both Pokemon are so awesome >_> Well, not Mudbray, but Midsdale is.

My current team conists of:

Brionne, Ribombee, Lycanrock (Midday), Shiinoic and Toucannon.... I want either Sandyghast or Mudsale as the sixth one, but which one? Any suggestions?

Nimajneb

Argh I can't decide whether I should stick with Mudbray or swap it for a Sandyghast...both Pokemon are so awesome >_> Well, not Mudbray, but Midsdale is.

My current team conists of:

Brionne, Ribombee, Lycanrock (Midday), Shiinoic and Toucannon.... I want either Sandyghast or Mudsale as the sixth one, but which one? Any suggestions?

Honestly, in my opinion I'd choose Mudsdale, but that's because I look the look of him more. I've also heard he's amazing because of his ability. I don't care for Sandyghast, but with the Ghost/Ground typing I think he'd be immune/resistant to a lot of types. Example is that Mudsdale is weak to Fighting and Immune to Electric, whereas Sandyghast's Ghost type makes him immune to Fighting/Normal as well as Electric.

BlitzGirl41

Honestly, in my opinion I'd choose Mudsdale, but that's because I look the look of him more. I've also heard he's amazing because of his ability. I don't care for Sandyghast, but with the Ghost/Ground typing I think he'd be immune/resistant to a lot of types. Example is that Mudsdale is weak to Fighting and Immune to Electric, whereas Sandyghast's Ghost type makes him immune to Fighting/Normal as well as Electric.

Mudsdale is not weak to Fighting. It is pure Ground-type.

Nimajneb

Mudsdale is not weak to Fighting. It is pure Ground-type.

Oh, my bad. :( But Sandyghast still adds an immunity to Fighting/Normal attacks, but I suppose has it's added weaknesses of Dark/Ghost attacks. I'd still choose Mudsdale because I look the look more. Horse or Sand Castle??? But I was just providing some pros and cons. (Attempting to at least, haha!)

Orphalesion

Thanks yeah, i went with Mudsdale, since Palosand's ghost type would be pretty superfluous in my team anyway. The only remaining change to my team will be replacing Shiinotic with Alolan Ninetales.

Status
Not open for further replies.