• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JFD

Kathigitarkh
For Moon, I have Decidueye, Alolan-Persian, Oranguru, Kommo-o, Toucannon, and Alolan Ninetales. I'm a bit disappointed in Kommo-o's performance (mostly because of the lack of good fighting moves), as it is my favourite mon from this gen. But I've been very surprised and impressed with Toucannon's raw power. Decidueye's speed has been very wanting, though.

For Sun - which I'm only just starting - I intend to use Lurantis, Drampa, Mimikyu, Lycanroc (Midday), Salazzle, and Mudsdale, though I want to try out Passimian and Turtonator at some point.

A1_Sauce

I finished the story and just now in the process of getting my team to level 100:

Incineroar - Naughty/Blaze

Darkest Lariat
Flare Blitz
Earthquake
Leech Life

Ribombee - Modest/Shield Dust

Pollen Puff
Dazzling Gleam
Quiver Dance
Psychic

Lurantis- Careful/Contrary (lucky to find this ability)

Leaf Blade
Poison Jab
Leech Life
Brick Break

Oranguru- Bold/Inner Focus

Thunderbolt
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Psychic

Alolan Golem - Lonely/Sturdy

Rock Slide
Wild Charge
Earthquake
Rock Polish

Kommo-o- Adamant/Bulletproof

Poison Jab
Dragon Dance
Sky Uppercut
Outrage

BlitzGirl41

Update: My team now consists of...

Decidueye
Mudsdale
Salazzle
Alolan-Sandslash
Tapu Koko
Lunala

I decided I preferred Tapu Koko's design far more than Vikavolt, plus it is much faster. The only way I'll be able to find out how well my team works is to have a rematch with the Elite Four (the Battle Tree really is not the best test of skill for me, since it limits your choice of Pokemon both in number and selection. Lunala is forbidden, which is unfortunate).

The Red Thunder

Backwards thinking?
One thing I will say is that Water types are not nearly as essential in this game as before, at least from my own personal experience.

Yeah, but the thing about Water-types is that Water is such a useful type in almost any situation. Even if it's not essential, it still remains a solid choice. And, the two that I chose (Araquanid and Primarina) have assets aside from being water-type that they can bring to the table, which was definitely a deciding factor as well. Araquanid has Water Bubble, which gives him boosted defense against Fire-types, as well as increasing his offense with Water-type moves. Plus, being a Bug helps, when you consider that Leech Life has been ludicrously boosted this generation. As for Primarina, aside from looking like a solid Pokemon, is a Fairy-type, and I'm still trying to master all the type interactions with Fairy.

Plus, I wanted to add a rule to help restrict my choices on what's available to me. Just for fun.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Just finished catching all of the Ultra Beasts right now. However, I think I have a pretty good in-game team going. I do have a huge weakness to fighting-type Pokemon right now. But since this is not a team I'm using for competitive battles I am less worried about it. I also know that their moves are not the greatest but since it's just for in game I am not going to worry about that either. And since RBGY I have had a thing where on m first game playthrough I use the cover Pokemon.

Incineroar | Incinium Z
Fire / Dark
Cross Chop
Darkest Lariat
Leech Life
Fire Fang

Solgaleo | Life Orb
Steel / Psychic
Sunsteel Strike
Flamethrower
Crunch
Zen Headbutt

Ninetales | Fairium Z
Ice / Fairy
Ice Beam
Dazzling Gleam
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse

Kommo-o | Bright Powder
Dragon / Fighting
Clanging Scales
Flamethrower
Sky Uppercut
X-Scissor

Garchomp | Garchompite
Dragon / Ground
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Dragon Claw
Poison Claw

Ash-Greninja | Grassium Z
Water / Dark
Aerial Ace
Night Slash
Water Shuriken
Grass Knot

After I caught Buzzwole I considered adding it to the team and taking out Greninja but Greninja has been such a help to the team that I decided to keep it on the party. Now I'm getting ready to pick up Pokemon Moon and try it out again. This is the team that I plan to have when I am completely through the game.

Decidueye
Salazzle
Silvally (Water memory)
Alolan Raichu
Mega Lucario
Guzzlord

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Right now my team is the following

*Green Arrow the Decidueye
*Xeon the Salamence
*Casper the Gengar
*Bray the Mudsdale

I'm still trying to fill up the two last spots on my team.

MysticKnives

Just got to Ikki Town, where I'm going to face Hala. Current team:

1. Brionne
2. Mimikyu
3. Gabite
4. Vullaby
5. Honedge
6. Dratini
7. Deino

Bation Bob

"The Rock"
Current Team (Well into the postgame):
Incineroar
Toucannon
Snorlax
Golisopod
Kommo-O

Ex-Team Members:
Graveler (didn't have a way to evolve)
Exeggutor (was generally underwhelming)

Overall a very slow and physical-oriented team. Didn't plan it that way, just how it turned out.

Aetius

Finished Moon some days ago and my team ended up looking like this:

Incineroar (Lv. 70)
Lycanroc (Lv. 73)
Toucannon (Lv. 72)
Vikavolt (Lv. 71)
Kommo'O (Lv. 72)
Golisopod (Lv. 71)

I must say it was a good team during my adventure and they helped me a lot becoming the first-ever champion of Alola! :D

jabber2033

Getting Sun for Christmas and already have looked through the Alola Pokedex on-site for team ideas. So far I have:

Incineroar
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Ninetales
Kommo-o
Vaporeon
Lycanrock-Midday

Probably will Wonder-Trade for most of the team early in the game, so I don't have to wait to get some of the later things like Vulpix.

Bowlbasaur

I decided to replace Mimikyu in my 6th slot with Drampa--it took me a long time to fill in that last spot and he is really the first one that I feel like fits. I wish it were possible to get Jangmo-o early in the game without relying on trades.

jginz1

Shiny Hunter
Finished Sun and my team ended up being this
Incineroar (my wittle boi)
Toucannon (pretty weak but Beak Blast is cool)
Lycanroc-Midday (by far the strongest mon on my team)
Crabominable (didn't evolve until level 55)
Vikavolt (very powerful, don't like the speed stat)
Wishiwashi (MVP during the Pokemon League)

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
Finished Sun and I'm about to start Moon, but I have a quick question about Jangmo-o. Should I have the Bulletproof or Soundproof ability on the egg I trade over to Moon version? Which one would work better through the story?

Well, since I managed to get the game prior to the PokéBank update, I've built myself an Alolan team instead of using my pre-built one. This is what it currently looks like:

EDIT: Level 100 GET!

Vikavolt@Lum Berry
Jolly/Levitate
-Thunderbolt
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Flash Cannon

Toucannon@Muscle Band
Quirky/Skill Link
-Drill Peck
-Return
-Bullet Seed
-Rock Blast

Salazzle@Black Sludge
Relaxed/Corrosion
-Flamethrower
-Sludge Bomb
-Dragon Pulse
-Nasty Plot

Greninja@Expert Belt
Gentle/Battle Bond
-Scald
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot

Decidueye@Decidium Z
Adamant/Overgrow
-Leaf Blade
-Spirit Shackle
-Brave Bird
-U-turn

Kommo-o@Persim Berry
Gentle/Soundproof
-Outrage
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Poison Jab

Last edited:

Bowlbasaur

Finished Sun and I'm about to start Moon, but I have a quick question about Jangmo-o. Should I have the Bulletproof or Soundproof ability on the egg I trade over to Moon version? Which one would work better through the story?

I'd go with Bulletproof myself, I like have the extra protection against moves like Ice Ball that would hurt him a lot. Either one will come in handy though!

tomlithegreat

just got the game 2 days ago, i'm doing my first play-through. (odd changes but i like them)

here's the team i'm currently leveling, just did my first challenge.

Magnemite (shiny) got so lucky that it appeared
Vulpix, at least i think it's vulpix I got it from wonder trade it's a japanese pokemon and it's Ice type, but it looks like a vulpix.
Fire starter, i can't remember the name of the 2nd evo of it.
grass starter that i got from wonder trade...i'm bad at names
Meowth for pickup.
Butterfree cause I always liked that and it was available early and it's strong for now.

My teams will be

Sun

Incineroar
- Fire Fang
- Darkest Lariat
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break

Crabominable
- Power Up Punch
- Dizzy Punch
- Ice Punch
- Crabhammer

Oricorio Pom Pom Style
- Revelation Dance
- Air Slash
- U-Turn
- Steel Wing

Mudsdale
- Heavy Slam
- Bulldoze
- Rock Slide
- Stomp

Shiinotic
- Energy Ball
- Moonblast
- Spore
- Dream Eater

Araquanid
- Liquidation
- X-Scissor
- Crunch
- Frost Breath

Moon

Primarina
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Vikavolt
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon

Lycanroc
- Rock Slide
- Brick Break
- Crunch
- Rock Climb

Salazzle
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Leech Life
- Shadow Claw

Tsareena
- Trop Kick
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stomp
- Acrobatics

Kommo-o
- Sky Uppercut
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brutal Swing

Crobat_Curse

I decided to restart my game since I pretty much blitzed through my initial playthrough. I opted for Litten again, since I'm really not a fan of the other two starter evos. I'm currently at the daycare on the second island, having spent a few hours breeding my team for better natures. I managed to obtain Passimian and Bounsweet early thanks to the GTS, which is a huge boon since I always planned to use them. I was also able to evolve Eevee with the help of a friend - no chance I was waiting till the endgame to get a Glaceon. :p

726.png

Triple H
Jolly [20]
Fire Fang, Work Up, Lick, Ember

079.png

Selma
Bold [20]
Confusion, Water Gun, Yawn, Disable

471.png

Aquilo
Timid [20]
Icy Wind, Baby-Doll Eyes, Freeze Dry, Hidden Power