• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon In-Game Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first and current team in Moon is Primarina, Toucannon, Ledian to use both Light Screen and Reflect when useful, Raichu since I love it's Alolan form, Butterfree and Gumshoos. I've only used Z-powers with Gumshoos using the Normalium Z and Primarina using the Waterium Z, and it's fun! :) I'm still only on the third island right now as I haven't had time to beat the game yet, so my highest leveled Pokemon is my Primarina at level 40.

alessandrae

I'm pretty close to finishing my Moon version! Just got Nebby :) I've known I wanted to use A-Raichu and A-Vulpix since they were revealed so I caught a Pichu for my team first thing, and came to the forums in search of a Vulpix in a Moon Ball to trade for. I bred it so I could be my Ninetales' OT. The rest I just accidentally grew attached to as I progressed in the game. Current Moon team:

Willam the Decidueye
Pika the A-Raichu*
Bonnibel the Milotic
Lyra the A-Ninetales
Adore the Mismagius

And most likely keeping Nebby :) I switched between Alaska the Primarina and Major the Arcanine on the 6th spot. I really wanted to use more Alolan Pokémon but in the end those were the ones that won me over lol. Also, I've raised them all since they were tiny babies. Still thinking about swapping my Mismagius for an Alolan Pokémon though. Perhaps Bewear, Salazzle or Kommo-o. the lack of Fire/fighting/poison moves on my team annoys me a bit, but it has been more challenging so I've had a lot of fun :D
And my little sister got Sun, so our current Sun team:

Rock the Torracat (everstone)
Lylah the Lycanrock (midday forme)
Alice the A-Ninetales
Cupcake the A-Raichu
Minimaster the Butterfree
Luna the Lurantis

Of course she wanted A-Raichu and A-Ninetales as well. And the lack of a water Pokémon on her team drives me nuts, but she loves her current team and won't change it. I always try to balance teams perfectly but this time we just played with the ones we liked most :)

Izio

Ignore Me
My team has...

1: Lunala (Nick: GalaxyWeaver )
2: Incenairoar (Nick: John Cena :3 )
3: Mimikyu (Nick: Carmen )
4: Stoutland (Nick: Koi)
5: Necrozma
6: Lucario

And I have quite a few shinies in my PC.. I am a shiny egg breeder using the Masuda Method.

Torrito

After a hard reset of Sun for my 2nd playthorugh, here is what I'm rocking at the fire trial:

Brionne
Magnemite
Grimer
Crabrawler/Snorlax - will be Stufful soon
Fletchinder
Mudbray

Shaping up to be a solid in game team.

Shiny Venusaur

Internet Relic
The team I went with through the game was kind of odd, especially for my standards. Normally I pick the Grass or Water stater but for this game, I decided I'd do my first run with the Fire stater (it also helped 2/3's of my friends were going Grass). I also decided I would do a blind run - or rather a no-leak run. I only looked at official info. Because of this, I had a rotating party. The team I beat the league with will be first, and then the rotation will be below.

Incineroar
Lurantis
Ribombee
Alolan Muk
Toucannon
Minior (Lime Green)
----
Vikavolt
Espeon
Araquanid
Kommo-o
Lycanroc - Midnight (my friend and I exchanged VE. I was playing Sun)
Toxapex
Crabominable

SebastiaanZ

Current Pokemon Sun team:

Dartrix
Hariyama
Greninja (the one from the demo)
Kadabra
Magnemite
Growlithe

This team worked up until the second Grand Trial with Greninja somebit of a powerhouse that could, while not listening, sometimes proof to be a win-win :D

I've got an alternate team being raised up due to the release of Poké Bank. It looks something like this:

Jitterbug the Galvantula (F)@Electrium-Z
Timid/Compound Eyes
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Sticky Web

Tentacular the Malamar (M)@Psychium-Z
Adamant/Contrary
-Knock Off
-Psycho Cut
-Superpower
-Rock Slide

Pyroclassy the Typhlosion (F)@Firium-Z
Timid/Flash Fire
-Lava Plume
-Extrasensory
-Solar Beam
-Sunny Day
After playing with her in Refresh, I've discovered how much her chubby face and neck make her look like the Doge meme. Sooo cute!~ <3

Yoshio'ori the Blastoise (M)@Waterium-Z
Modest/Torrent
-Scald
-Dragon Pulse
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse

Ironwood the Chesnaught (M)@Grassium-Z
Impish/Bulletproof
-Seed Bomb
-Brick Break
-Spiky Shield
-Leech Seed

Indominous the Tyrantrum (M)@Dragonium-Z
Jolly/Rock Head
-Head Smash
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Dragon Dance

UB3RN00B

UB3RN00B
I am running Cloyster Skill Link, Mimikyu, Ariados, Raichu,Toucannon and Kangaskhan. Can't wait to have some fun with the cloysters skill link ability, this is the first gen I am going to try it through the game and I believe I will have an easy first playthrough :D

Bowlbasaur

I'm about halfway through my second playthrough, with Team #2

Jimmy the Decidueye
Bubs the Araquanid
Amanita the Salazzle
Winston the Oranguru
Major Lazer the Alolan Sandshrew
Drogon the *shiny* Haxorus

So far I can't complain about any snags, and I actually am enjoying this team even more than my first one!

Bus

I'm currently doing a Nuzlocke run and limiting myself to only 4 Pokemon. I'm not too far...just beat Mallow's trial, but at the moment it looks like this:
Shiva the Primarina
Zuu the Vullaby
Mesmir the Mudsdale
Palidor the Toucannon

Deadeye

H(a)unting...
- Tigorr the Incineroar
- Primarina
- Decidueye
- Mudsdale
- Midnight Lycanrock
- Alolan Raichu

Just finished the league with this team. Decided to go with Alolan only team and try how the new form of Raichu would play out... cursed a bit after defeating three members of the E4 as my team was underleveled and no revives or hyper potions...

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm training all Alolan critters, but I do have favorites..

This is post-Mallow, pre-Grand Trial #2:
- Dartrix: Can't say I'm too excited about it, but it helped vs. Mallow, tanking a Solar Blade while Stuffel did most of the work with Baby Doll Eyes.
- Ribombee: I really like how easily it stays alive with Draining Kiss and how easily it dishes out with Pollen Puff.
- Oricorio: Currently the Melemele-form, but eventually I'll turn it into Poni-form.
- Mudbray: Easily my favorite of the team atm. Nuked the Fire Trial with a single Bulldoze.
- Salandit: Modest, Female.. Can't be more stoked about it.
- Wishiwashi/Araquanid/Mareanie: Can't decide. I wish there was a fast Water-type already available. From what I've heard, Bruxish is fast, but it's not on Akala Island.

Just short of the schtick: Toucannon, Lycanroc-Midday and Bewear. They have definitely put in work, but I just can't fit them in over Mudbray. But they sub in over Oricorio quite often at the moment.

I think I can honestly say that I dropped off Gumshoos, Charjabug and Fomantis off the deep end. Even Crabrawler has been untouched in a long while. I really dislike that I can't evolve Charjabug and Crabrawler until late in the game, considering how drastically they change. I haven't yet trained my Pyukumuku and Passimian, nor has my Wimpod reached Golisopod-status yet, but I'll see how they do when I get around to that. I still need to catch a Cubone and a Bounsweet, train them to lvl26 (which is the minimum for my team) and then I'll head over to Olivia's Grand Trial. I don't know if I can catch a Sandygast yet, so might pick that up before Olivia if I can.

My team when I finished the league was:

-Robin Hoot the Decidueye.
-Francis the Mudsdale
-Prince the Lurantis
-Moodieflie the Ribombee
-George the Pyukumuku
-Quartz the Gigalith

I definitely love Toxapex, and missed out on using it during my gaming run, and Gumshoos and Toucannon did a lot of heavy-lifting over the course of the game.

Crobat_Curse

Sun

727.png

Triple H[68] @ Firium-Z
Jolly; Flare Blitz, Flame Charge, Darkest Lariat, Swords Dance

763.png

Lita[68] @ Normalium-Z
Adamant; Splash, Play Rough, Trop Kick, High Jump Kick

471.png

Aquilo[68] @ Choice Scarf
Timid; Ice Beam, Shadow Ball, HP Fighting, Hyper Beam

080.png

Selma[68] @ Leftovers
Bold; Psyshock, Scald, Calm Mind, Slack Off

766.png

Krunk[68] @ Choice Band
Jolly; Close Combat, Double-Edge, Earthquake, Beat Up

545.png

Saul[68] @ Leftovers
Adamant; Megahorn, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Baton Pass

Last edited:

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
While I finished the games a while ago, these are what I beat the games with. Moon is my main version and I did a mono Fairy run in Sun.

Moon:

Incineroar
Toucannon
Vikavolt
Mudsdale
Gengar
Goodra

Sun:

Primarina
Ribombee
Mimikyu
Sylveon
Carbink
Klefki

UB3RN00B

UB3RN00B
I really need help with my battle tree singles team. I can't decide on my last pokemon. Right now this is what I have:

Clefable-Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252HP/252Def/6SpDef
Moveset: Calm Mind, Moonlight, Flamethrower, Moonblast

Porygon-Z-Normalium-Z
Ability: Adaptibility
IVs: 31/0/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252SpAtk/252Speed/6HP

Now what should I use for my last pokemon? Any hints? I was thinking cloyster holding either focus sash or kings rock for insane flinch chance on my skill link moves or my power up punch kangaskhan with kangaskhanite but thats another normal type, but really my porygon is ghost type I guess after my z-conversion....what do you guys and gals think? Thanks a bunch for any help you may give!

- FunkySwerve

WooperTrooper

My moon team: Decidueye, Alolan Marowak, Mimikyu, Mudsdale, Golisopod, Bewear

it wasn’t the most balanced but I thought their sprites were cool :D

Celebi237

Can anyone help me make an in-game team from this list of my favourite pokemon please?
Need to balance it out with types and weaknesses etc:

Haunter
Kingdra
Weavile
Sandslash (original)
Umbreon
Espeon
Alakazam
Shuppet
Raichu (original)
Bellossom
Charmeleon
Kabutops
Galvantula
Cloyster
Muk (original)
Lilligant
Sandile/krookodile
Dragalge
Noivern
Malamar
Dragonair
Misdreavus
Flygon
Frosslass
Crobat
Scizor
Tyranitar
Hydreigon
Nidoking
Rhydon
Gardevoir (got a shiny ralts)
Golem
Swampert
Infernape
Roserade
Venusaur
Goodra
Delphox

Thanks

Crobat_Curse

I've had a lot of fun with these guys. It's a pretty unbalanced team in general, with a few type overlaps, but I figured I'd just opt for some old and new favourites, given that it's solely for in-game use.

Moon

724.png

Renner[60] @ Assault Vest
Adamant; Leaf Blade, Spirit Shackle, Brave Bird, U-Turn

745.png

Diego[60] @ Life Orb
Jolly; Stone Edge, Accelrock, Swords Dance, Brick Break

586-a.png

Mallory[60] @ Pomeg Berry
Jolly; Double Edge, Horn Leech, Jump Kick, Natural Gift

609.png

West[60] @ Choice Scarf
Timid; Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball, Fire Blast

700.png

Catalina[60] @ Choice Specs
Modest; Hyper Voice, Shadow Ball, HP Fire, Psyshock

752.png

Seaton[60] @ Waterium-Z
Adamant; Liquidation, Leech Life, Substitute, Lunge

devondashla

Finally decided to try to finish my copy of Sun, but I didn't like my old team so I made a new team to restart the game and start fresh. This is what I have planned:

- IMAGE REMOVED -

Decidueye
Overgrow
Energy Ball, Spirit Shackle, Steel Wing, Brave Bird.

- IMAGE REMOVED -

Snorlax @ Quick Claw
Thick Fat
Return, Earthquake, Heavy Slam, Crunch.

- IMAGE REMOVED -

Lycanroc
Keen Eye
Rock Slide, Brick Break, Crunch, Accelerock.

- IMAGE REMOVED -

Togekiss @ Fairium Z
Serene Grace
Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Yawn.

- IMAGE REMOVED -

Starmie @ Mystic Water
Natural Cure
Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam.

- IMAGE REMOVED -

Krookodile
Intimidate
Earthquake, Crunch, Outrage, Rock Slide.

.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.