• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Yeah, I don't expect Ash to get his fourth capture anytime soon, and that's for the better.

Probably because Pallossand is draining its energy. That's what Pallossand does.

Litten is probably not evolving, if that's what you were thinking.

Ash's fourth capture in alola should be after SM40 at earliest. However, i would like to see some captures for the companion and some random tournament in school just like the ones which held in Unova.

Lionel_B

With the capture of Litten, there's something that scares me...

I'm afraid it happens the same as in Diamond & Pearl.

In Diamond & Pearl, the first starter capture by Ash was Turtwig. It was rather well developed. Then we have the capture of Chimchar and little by little, Turtwig has been devalued compared to Chimchar, to the point that when it becomes Torterra, it becomes a looser...

I'm afraid they'll do the same with Rowlet and Litten. Where we abandon Rowlet to showcase Litten.

Well, I don't think Rowlet is as well developed as Turtwig and Oshawott's disappointment is making sense, but let's say I'm convinced the writers have a project for Rowlet. Already because he is the first Pokémon captured by Ash in Alola, but at the end of his episode, there is a photo shoot on him. Rockdruff and Litten did not have as much. So, I attach myself to a little hope.

I also think that Litten should not have gone further than Torracat. To keep the aspect quadruped, so that he identifies with Stoutland and continue to use Fire Fang as he did, you see what I mean ?

DavidD001

Well now Team Rocket is gonna search for Z Crystals and deal with Team Skull now.
This is gonna be very interesting.

If Jessie & James do get a few Z Ctystals...which ones will they be?
For James...possibly Poisonium Z & Waterium Z since he has Mareanie
For Jessie...possibly Fairium Z [outside of Mina giving one to Ash maybe] and Fightinium Z [due to Jessie likely getting Bewear]

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ash

Pikachu
Rowlet->Dartrix->Decidueye
Rockruff->Midday Lycanroc
Litten->Torracat->Incineroar
Dewpider->Araquanid or Wimpod->Golisopod
Komala or Passimian

Dewpider is cute but I feel it loses its appeal as an Araquanid.Wimpod is the same.Plus,Golisopod is the signature pokemon of Guzma.Komala and Passimian are really not that interesting...but none of the other Alolan pokemon seem to fit Ash.I may be wrong.

I wish he'd have a Ribombee.

ShadowForce720

In regard to Ash's next capture I really don't think that were going to have to wait until Ula Ula Island just for him to get another capture. As I do think he will capture something on Akala Island now I know that some people seem to think that Ash won't get his 4th capture in a while and it won't be until episode 40 at the earliest, but I wouldn't be that surprised if he did get his 4th capture sooner then expect like say may in the late 20's or in the 30's episode wise and then we get a big gap between the 4th and 5th captures or if he winds up getting 2 captures on Akala Island then there could be a big gap between his 5th and 6th captures.

Ash

Pikachu
Rowlet->Dartrix->Decidueye
Rockruff->Midday Lycanroc
Litten->Torracat->Incineroar
Dewpider->Araquanid or Wimpod->Golisopod
Komala or Passimian

Dewpider is cute but I feel it loses its appeal as an Araquanid.Wimpod is the same.Plus,Golisopod is the signature pokemon of Guzma.Komala and Passimian are really not that interesting...but none of the other Alolan pokemon seem to fit Ash.I may be wrong.

I wish he'd have a Ribombee.

What pokemon suits Ash is completely subjective and opinion based. I'm not sure why some people here seem to be thinking that oh because they think a certain pokemon doesn't suit Ash that somehow it would prevent Ash from getting it. Yes there can be reasons why Ash may not get a certain pokemon but I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that a person thinking the pokemon doesn't suit Ash isn't one of the reasons.

Last edited:

Mr. Guy

Banned
Here's a list of available Pokemon on each island.

http://i.imgur.com/QqcjQ2g.png

Out of Akala's Pokemon, I can only see Ash catching Passimian or Dewpider.

For Ula'Ula, Alolan Sandshrew.

For Poni, either Jangmo-o/Hakamo-o or the long-wanted Riolu/Lucario (lol, as if that would ever happen).

Everything12

List of what I think Ash and other companions could get IMO:

• Rowlet: Already caught and will probably evolve to Decidueye based off the fact it seems to be the bird of this generation.

• Litten: Already caught and will probably evolve to Incineroar and become the ace based off how much its been developed, though it may stay as Torracat to stay a quadruped.

• Popplio: Already owned by Lana I think it will only evolve to Brionne but it could become Primarina or stay as Popplio.

• Pikipek: Based off the fact that their was already the perfect chance to catch it in episode 5 and Ash didn't and Rowlet seems to be treated as the Bird I don't think it will be caught.

• Yungoos: Again it and its evolution was already shown in episode 10 and Officer Jenny caught one so I don't think Ash or any of the companions will get it.

• Grubbin: It could happen based of but considering it has been more than 10 episode without a sighting it seems unlikely.

• Crabrawler: Could be caught but seen as both Hala and episode 20 has shown it without a hint of a future capture I doubt Ash will catch it.

• Oricorio: I doubt it will be caught based off how I really don't see Ash or any of the companions using its gimmick and changing its form.

• Cutiefly: I don't think it will be caught because of how small it is and how it appeared in episode 20 without a hint of capture.

• Rockruff: Caught I think it will evolve to Midday form based off how it Pokedex entry portrays it fit for Ash though I'm not ruling Midnight out yet.

• Wishi-Washi: As much as I would love for Lana to catch it and use it I doubt it will used because I don't see it gimmick being used repeatably, probably just be a Totem.

• Mareanie: Caught by James I think it will evolve but its mostly just a gut feeling with no evidence.

• Mudbray: Considering its already debuted in episode 19 and Hapu will have its evolution I don't see it being caught by Ash but its not impossible.

• Dewpider: Ash could get it but I think its more likely Lana will get it and evolve it based off it being her ace in the game.

• Fomantis: I think Mallow will get it and evolve it because it fits her so well but their is a chance she won't.

• Morelull: Their is a chance that Mallow can get it and evolve it because she has its evolution int he game but I don't think so, theirs also a chance Jessie or James can get it but again I don't think its likely.

• Salandit: Chance that Jessie will get it because its evolution suits her but considering how its been used bu Team Skulls and its evolution is Plumeria's ace I don't think its likely.

• Stufful: Bewear might be caught by Team Rocket or it might just stay as their new blast off gag or both.

• Bounsweet: Mallow has Steenee and while theirs a chance it will evolve I doubt it because Tsareena doesn't seem to fit Mallow.

• Comfey: Doubt anyone will get it considering Nurse Joy has one.

• Oranguru: Theirs a chance Ash will get one but its style of battling doesn't seem fit for Ash considering its made more for double battles.

• Passimian: It seems likely that Ash will get one based off how its Sun Pokedex entry makes it seem fit for Ash's team.

• Wimpod: Seems both more and less likely that it will caught based off episode 20 more because that Wimpod might return again and be caught by Ash as thanks, less because its already debuted and wasn't caught, though if its caught its will almost definitely evolve to Golisopod because its not very useful it battle.

• Sandygast: Doubt it will be caught because it seems to be the focus of episode 22 and because its movement seems limited to sandy areas.

• Pyukumuku: Won't be caught because its almost useless in battle and Team Rocket already has Wobbuffet.

• Type-Null: Will be owned by Gladion

• Minior: I don't see it being caught because of the same reason as Oricorio and Wishi-Washi.

• Komala: Oak already owns it

• Turtonator: Kiawe already owns it

• Togedemaru: Sophocles already owns it.

• Mimikyu: Jessie already owns it.

• Bruxish: Can't move on land.

• Drampa: Ash might catch it but I don't think he will.

• Dhelmise: Ash will probably get Decidueye he doesn't need another Grass/Ghost.

• Jangmo-o: Ash will probably get it and evolve it like Goomy.
  • The rest are legendarys and Ultra Beasts that no will get besides Lillie and Cosmog IMO.

• Alolan Sandshrew: Ash might get this and evolve it to Sandslash based off the fact the other Alolan forms don't seem to fit him.

• Alolan Vulpix: Lillie has it and while I can see it evolving I can also see it staying the same.

• Alolan Exeggutor: Too big to catch and use in battle.

• Alolan Meowth: Team Rocket already have Meowth and Persian has already appeared and was shown as evil.

• Alolan Marowak: Kiawe might get it based of how he is in the games.

• Alolan Raichu: Has already debuted and Ash has Pikachu.

• Alolan Rattata: Has already debuted and was shown as a bad Pokemon.

• Alolan Grimer: Ash already has a Muk.

• Alolan Diglett: Seems too limited in where it can go to be caught and is already the focus of a episode.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Well now Team Rocket is gonna search for Z Crystals and deal with Team Skull now.

For Jessie...possibly Fairium Z [outside of Mina giving one to Ash maybe] and Fightinium Z [due to Jessie likely getting Bewear]

Deal with Team Skull? You know, of all the teams they're probably the one the trio would get along most. Indeed, probably more than their actual team since like them Team Skull are a group of misfits. If they want to do something interesting they could have divided loyalties. So long as they don't Plasbad this arc.

With James Poisonium would probably be more fitting. After all, the Mareanie is about dirty poisoning with its Merciless ability and the fact Toxapex knows Baneful Bunker. Now only if it weren't so hard to get...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Speaking of z-crystals, I'd find it hilarious if the first one they found was entirely useless to them. Even with Bewear, leading them to have to go find a Pokemon with that type or steal one.
But James' main should be Poison and Jessie's Fairy, types Ash probably won't have so we won't see them showcased much otherwise

desdar300

So guys now that all the Gen 7 Pokémon have been revealed what does this mean exactly?
In 2018, are going into Switch territory or are we about to Gen hop again?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So guys now that all the Gen 7 Pokémon have been revealed what does this mean exactly?
In 2018, are going into Switch territory or are we about to Gen hop again?
Doubt it. Marshadow's not appearing in M20, after all. And there's still Necrozma to consider.

I don't know about the Switch, but I still think this Gen will last three years just like the past few have. After all, M21 could easily be Necrozma and Marshadow and M22 could be a Gen VIII legendary or something similar to the Zoroark movie.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Doubt it. Marshadow's not appearing in M20, after all. And there's still Necrozma to consider.

I don't know about the Switch, but I still think this Gen will last three years just like the past few have. After all, M21 could easily be Necrozma and Marshadow and M22 could be a Gen VIII legendary or something similar to the Zoroark movie.

but..marshadow is appearing in M20.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Marshadow is appearing in M20, according to the latest trailer.

However, just because Marshadow is appearing in this movie doesn't mean Gen VII is only going to last two years. I'm sure the writers can find other material for the next movies.

Red and Blue

Uh, marshadow is appearing in movie 20. Did you catch the new trailer?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Okay, maybe I should watch the trailer before posting that. ^_^; My apologies.

Still, it's probably not going to be the main focus of the movie, so they could still do a Necrozma and Marshadow movie. I don't see why not. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina appeared in more than one movie.

Wait.

Waitwaitwait.

Incineroar is this movie?!

If Incineroar is in this movie, then does that mean the other two will be, too?! :D

Please let it be so. I want to see my mermaid seal in the anime.

Red and Blue

It might get major focus since it appears to be part of Ash's group along with the misty and brock replacements.

Next movie is going to have a bunch of Gen 8 promotion

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
Okay, maybe I should watch the trailer before posting that. ^_^; My apologies.

Still, it's probably not going to be the main focus of the movie, so they could still do a Necrozma and Marshadow movie. I don't see why not. Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina appeared in more than one movie.

Wait.

Waitwaitwait.

Incineroar is this movie?!

If Incineroar is in this movie, then does that mean the other two will be, too?! :D

Please let it be so. I want to see my mermaid seal in the anime.

hopefully. since gen 4, all three fully evolved starters have been in the first movie of each generation.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Maybe Sinnoh remakes give exclusive Z-moves to the starters and a few others, hence the promotion.

gotta hype that jackal up

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Hopefully since Incineroar is in the movie that that'll mean Ash won't get one in the main series. I also heard it's the least popular Alola starter's final form in Japan, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.