1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Welcome to the new edition of the Next Pokémon thread, where you can share your theories on which Pokémon might be caught, evolved or released by the characters starring in the Sun & Moon anime. Of course, you can also speculate what personalities/roles the Pokémon might have.

Please mind the following:

• Don't diss or mock others if their predictions differ from yours. If you think someone's speculation is unlikely to happen, too farfetched or flat-out impossible, you can debate with them, but please stay respectful at all times.
    • If you suspect that someone's trolling, please contact a mod via PM or the report function instead of replying to that person.
    • Please don't use huge and/or animated sprites for your team speculation posts.
    • PLEASE AVOID HUGE WALLS OF TEXT! If your post is very big, please consider using spoiler tags or taking out sprites if you're using any.

Please be considerate to fellow members. Thanks!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

Still feeling Litten and Rowlet as the first two captures, followed by Crabrawler, a water-type, and another wildcard.

Pyumukumu is my #1 hyped pokemon that Ash most likely wont get.

3. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

id love to see ash with passimian

4. dp045

dp045 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Ash capture 5 pokemon to have a full team or will only have 4-5 during his tour in Alola.
    Pikachu, Rowlet, Litten and Pikipek think it would be good for at least the first 20 episodes. After he peude add a wildcard as some of the monkeys or maybe Crabrawler. I do not think you have a complete team because considering that there will be another 5 chaperones shall not think that writers can handle other 9-10 pokémon more.

5. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Finally.

I'd say Litten is super likely based on the previews. I'm hoping for Pipipek assuming that don't end the Bird tradition in Gen 7

6. Xenon Blue

Xenon Blue No Hard Feelings

Ash: Pikachu / Pikipek -> Final Evo Form / Rowlet -> Dartix -> Decidueye (Ace) / Alolan Sandshrew ->Alolan Sandslash / Litten -> Torracat / Wimipod -> Evolution

Kiwawe: Turtonator (Ace) / Alolan Marowak / Mudbray -> Mudsdale / Crabrawler / Some other Pokemon from other gen used against Ash in a 6v6

Mallow: Bounsweet -> Steenee (Ace) / Fomantis / Cutiefly

Lana: Popplio / Pyukumuku -> Evolution (Powerhose) / Sandygast

Sophocles: Togedemaru / Alolan Grimer -> Alolan Muk (Powehouse) / I would put Porygon-Z here, but I can't. So I guess Kling -> Klang -> Klinklang

Lillie: Alolan Vulpix

Jessie: Wobbuffet / Grubbin -> Charjabug -> Vikavolt

James: Mimikyu (comedic relief) / Bewear

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
  7. Red and Blue

Wonder how many pokemon Ash will catch. There was a bunch of speculation over XY and he only ended up with five (and went home with three :p)

8. dp045

dp045 Well-Known Member

Maybe this time only capture 4 + Pikachu also for the "empty" position can be occupied by Greninja ... No, I think that at this point do not think Ash get a full team and especially when there are other fives his fellow cons respective partners and others. Just imagine that you can get to a point where between 6 there may be up to 15 pokémon on screen I do not think they can handle either each.

But the truth is that with the school theme does not really make much sense to capture many pokémon Ash if not going to use, so we know. If Ethan could not finish as in Yo-kai Watch where you can use almost all I-kai's but has almost no interactions with them outside the ghost and the cat that

9. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

Ash:

* Pikachu
    * Decidueye
    * Incineroar
    * Lycanroc --> (Regional powerhouse)
    * Pipikek final evolution
    * Crabrawler

10. SkittleBox

SkittleBox Fanfiction writer

All I'm really thinking is Rowlet and Litten. Would love to see Midday Lycanroc on Ash's team as well, that Pokemon was practically made for him.

11. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan trainer

Currently, I'm thinking:

Ash-

Pikachu
    Rowlet>Dartrix>Decidueye
    Litten>Torracat>(maybe) Incineroar
    Wimpod>Wimpod2
    Rockruff>Lycanroc (Midday)
    Pikipek>Pikipek2>Pikipek3
    Cosmog

Kiawe-

Turtonator
    A-Marowak
    Salandit2
    Mudbrey>Mudsdale (they said something about his family owning a farm, right?)
    ???
    ???

Mallow-

Bounsweet>Steenya
    Lurantis
    Swirlix
    (Maybe) Vanillite

Lana-

Popplio>Brionne
    Wishiwashi
    Some other fish Pokémon (probably Bruxish)

Sophocles-

Togedemaru
    Vikavolt
    Pikachu>A-Raichu

Rocket-

Wobufett
    Meowth
    Mimikyu (Jessie)
    Bewear(James)

12. i2i

i2i Big Bad Wolf

For Ash possible captures two things are on my mind:
    1. Will the Grubbin he is chasing in the preview be caught by him?
    2. Are any Pokemon with exclusive Z-moves possible options for Ash?

13. mystic9899

mystic9899 Pokemon fan

i mean pikachu has an exclusive z-move so he might use that later down the road

14. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I'm thinking Ash might be the only main character to own more than two Pokemon. I honestly can't think of more than two for some, not like we'll see all of them for 3 years anyways.

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Incineroar
    Lycanroc
    Wimpod evolution
    Kommo-o
    Rowlet/Dartrix
    Alolan Sandslash
    Maybe Passimian?

James:
    Mimikyu
    Sea Spike Pokemon from TCG art, the Water/Poison looking one

Jessie:
    Wobuffet
    Vikavolt
    Salandit

Lillie:
    Alolan Vulpix
    Cosmog
    Ribombee

Kiawe:
    Turtonator
    Alolan Marowak

Mallow:
    Steenee (I just think it's cuter than Tsareena)
    Lurantis

Lana:
    Popplio (Oshawott/Chespin vibes)
    Pyukumuku

Sophocles(?):
    Togedemaru
    Alolan Raichu

Recurring- Bewear

15. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Well in terms of Ash's team maybe this:

Ash's Alola Team:
    Pikachu
    Rowlet-->Dartrix-->Decidueye
    Rockruff-->Lycanroc(Midday Form/Midnight Form)
    Grubbin-->Charjabug-->Vikavolt or Wimpod--> Wimpod's evolution or he winds up catching both.
    Alolan Sandshrew-->Alolan Sandslash
    Jangmo-o-->Hakamo-o-->Kommo-o

some other options for him could also include Crabrawler and it's evolution, Salandit and it's evolution, Mudbray-->Mudsdale, Pyukumuku or even Minior.

16. dp045

dp045 Well-Known Member

Here is my prediction:
    Pikachu
    Pikipek> Evo1> evo2
    Litten> Torracat
    Rowlet
    Crabrawler> evo
    *Rotomondex* because it could act as a team member for the convenience of the plot.

The rest could be alone with pokémon that we see on the poster and perhaps an evolution. Maybe Mallow capture other Pokemon.

Team Rocket guess Mimikyu and bewear / anchor pokémon be your options, plus Woobuffet.

17. phanpycross

phanpycross God-king

I doubt they would give Ash two fully evolved starters and make neither the powerhouse.

I guess I shouldnt be surprised that Lycanroc has Lucario-syndrome.

18. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Ash: Pikachu, Rockruff, Rowlet, Whimpod, Litten, Mudbray

Mallow: Bounsweet, Fomantis, Morelull, Cutiefly

Lillie: Cosmog, Alolan Vulpix

Lana: Popplio, Wishiwashi, Bruxish/Pyukumuku, Sandygast/Crabrawler

Sophocles: Togedemaru, Grubbin, Minior

Kiawe: Turtonator, Alolan Marowak, Salandit, Charizard, Jangmo-o, Lycanroc(night)

Jessie and James: Wobbuffet, Bewear, Mimikyu, Yungoos

19. Red and Blue

If anything I want him to get a new type. I doubt he will get all four remaining types here but one or two would be nice

20. SkittleBox

SkittleBox Fanfiction writer

He should get Rowlet and fully evolve it into Decidueye. Then he'd get his very first Ghost Type, and the Pokemon seems to fit him rather well.