• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Alright, here's my predictions. As per usual, while this is stuff I'd like to see happen, I fully expect at least most of it to be completely wrong.

Pikachu (obvious)
Ability: Static
Initial moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Quick Attack
~Iron Tail
~Electro Ball
Final moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Quick Attack
~Iron Tail
~Volt Tackle (I could see them bringing this back so Catastropika can be used)

Rowlet>Dartrix>Decidueye
Ability: Overgrow
Initial moveset:
~Leafage
Moveset upon evolution to Dartrix:
~Leafage
~Peck
~Fury Attack
~Shadow Claw
Moveset upon evolution to Decidueye:
~Razor Leaf
~Peck
~Fury Attack
~Spirit Shackle
Final moveset:
~Razor Leaf
~Brave Bird
~Fury Attack
~Spirit Shackle

Litten>Torracat>Incineroar
Ability: Blaze
Initial moveset:
~Ember
~Scratch
Moveset upon evolution to Torracat:
~Ember
~Fury Swipes
~Bite
~Leech Life
Moveset upon evolution to Incineroar:
~Flamethrower
~Fury Swipes
~Darkest Lariat
~Leech Life
Final moveset:
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop
~Darkest Lariat
~Leech Life

Pikipek>Trumbeak>Toucannon
Ability: Skill Link
Initial moveset:
~Peck
~Rock Smash
~Echoed Voice
Moveset upon evolution to Trumbeak:
~Peck
~Rock Smash
~Echoed Voice
~Fury Attack
Moveset upon evolution to Toucannon:
~Beak Blast
~Rock Smash
~Rock Blast
~Fury Attack
Final moveset:
~Beak Blast
~Brick Break
~Rock Blast
~Fury Attack

Alolan Meowth
Ability: Technician
Initial moveset:
~Scratch
~Bite
~Fury Swipes
Final moveset:
~Slash
~Night Slash
~Fury Swipes
~Aerial Ace

Mareanie>Toxapex
Ability: Merciless
Initial moveset:
~Sludge Wave
~Spike Cannon
~Liquidation
Moveset upon evolution into Toxapex:
~Sludge Wave
~Baneful Bunker
~Liquidation
~Venoshock
Final moveset:
~Sludge Wave
~Baneful Bunker
~Surf
~Venoshock

J D Sheppard

Hello all

I would like to talk to you today about Hau, who I believe will be one of Ashs chief rivals this season.

Here is the pokemon I believe he will have

- pichu - pikachu - alola raichu (alongside his starter it's his signature pokemon. And the writers aren't gonna pass up the opportunity to show off another pikachu defeats its evolved form battle)
- mudsdale
- drampa
- pallosand

And his last two slots depend entirely on which of Ashs starter the writers put focus on.

If Ashs rowlett is the focus then Hau might have primarina and flareon

But if Litten is the star of the show Then I see hau using decidueye and vaporeon

nickdt

Hello all

I would like to talk to you today about Hau, who I believe will be one of Ashs chief rivals this season.

Here is the pokemon I believe he will have

- pichu - pikachu - alola raichu (alongside his starter it's his signature pokemon. And the writers aren't gonna pass up the opportunity to show off another pikachu defeats its evolved form battle)
- mudsdale
- drampa
- pallosand

And his last two slots depend entirely on which of Ashs starter the writers put focus on.

If Ashs rowlett is the focus then Hau might have primarina and flareon

But if Litten is the star of the show Then I see hau using decidueye and vaporeon

Game Team doesn't have to mean Anime Team (Like we saw with Shauna, Trevor and Tierno).

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I wonder who is going to be the Torterra and Infernape between Rowlet and Litten. I guess it all depends on who gets the early starring screentime.

Navin

MALDREAD
I wonder who is going to be the Torterra and Infernape between Rowlet and Litten. I guess it all depends on who gets the early starring screentime.

I actually hope the powerhouse/regional ace ends up Rockruff (given to Ash) --> Lycanroc. But I still think he'll get a DP-callback squad.

Pikachu - Pikachu
Decidueye - Torterra
Incineroar - Infernape
Lycanroc - Gliscor
Toucannon - Staraptor
Crabrawler - Buizel
Jangmo-o line - Gible

J D Sheppard

I actually hope the powerhouse/regional ace ends up Rockruff (given to Ash) --> Lycanroc. But I still think he'll get a DP-callback squad.

Pikachu - Pikachu
Decidueye - Torterra
Incineroar - Infernape
Lycanroc - Gliscor
Toucannon - Staraptor
Crabrawler - Buizel
Jangmo-o line - Gible

Why do you think his team will be dp like?

esquilo09

Alright, here's my predictions. As per usual, while this is stuff I'd like to see happen, I fully expect at least most of it to be completely wrong.

Pikachu (obvious)
Initial moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Quick Attack
~Iron Tail
~Electro Ball
Final moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Quick Attack
~Iron Tail

Rowlet>Dartrix>Decidueye
Initial moveset:
~Leafage
~Leafage
~Peck
~Fury Attack
~Shadow Claw
~Razor Leaf
~Peck
~Fury Attack
~Spirit Shackle
Final moveset:
~Razor Leaf
~Brave Bird
~Fury Attack
~Spirit Shackle

Initial moveset:
~Ember
~Scratch
~Ember
~Fury Swipes
~Bite
~Leech Life
~Flamethrower
~Fury Swipes
~Darkest Lariat
~Leech Life
Final moveset:
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop
~Darkest Lariat
~Leech Life

Initial moveset:
~Peck
~Rock Smash
~Echoed Voice
~Peck
~Rock Smash
~Echoed Voice
~Fury Attack
~Beak Blast
~Rock Smash
~Rock Blast
~Fury Attack
Final moveset:
~Beak Blast
~Brick Break
~Rock Blast
~Fury Attack

Alolan Meowth
Initial moveset:
~Scratch
~Bite
~Fury Swipes
Final moveset:
~Slash
~Night Slash
~Fury Swipes
~Aerial Ace

Mareanie>Toxapex
Initial moveset:
~Sludge Wave
~Spike Cannon
~Liquidation
~Sludge Wave
~Baneful Bunker
~Liquidation
~Venoshock
Final moveset:
~Sludge Wave
~Baneful Bunker
~Surf
~Venoshock
What makes you think that Ash will catch an Alolan Meowth? It's unlikely to happen because of TR's Meowth. The only regional variation that I see for Ash is an Alolan Sandshrew.

J D Sheppard

Pikachu (obvious)
Initial moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Quick Attack
~Iron Tail
~Electro Ball
Final moveset:
~Thunderbolt
~Quick Attack
~Iron Tail

Rowlet>Dartrix>Decidueye
Initial moveset:
~Leafage
~Leafage
~Peck
~Fury Attack
~Shadow Claw
~Razor Leaf
~Peck
~Fury Attack
~Spirit Shackle
Final moveset:
~Razor Leaf
~Brave Bird
~Fury Attack
~Spirit Shackle

Initial moveset:
~Ember
~Scratch
~Ember
~Fury Swipes
~Bite
~Leech Life
~Flamethrower
~Fury Swipes
~Darkest Lariat
~Leech Life
Final moveset:
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop
~Darkest Lariat
~Leech Life

Initial moveset:
~Peck
~Rock Smash
~Echoed Voice
~Peck
~Rock Smash
~Echoed Voice
~Fury Attack
~Beak Blast
~Rock Smash
~Rock Blast
~Fury Attack
Final moveset:
~Beak Blast
~Brick Break
~Rock Blast
~Fury Attack

Alolan Meowth
Initial moveset:
~Scratch
~Bite
~Fury Swipes
Final moveset:
~Slash
~Night Slash
~Fury Swipes
~Aerial Ace

Mareanie>Toxapex
Initial moveset:
~Sludge Wave
~Spike Cannon
~Liquidation
~Sludge Wave
~Baneful Bunker
~Liquidation
~Venoshock
Final moveset:
~Sludge Wave
~Baneful Bunker
~Surf
~Venoshock

I really doubt this will be his team.

But if it is does decidueye and toucannon both need fury attack? Couldn't decidueye have leaf blade instead?

There's also the Tapus and the Ultra Beasts. I don't see why they can't be the focus of a movie.

I don't know. I just don't think this generation will be any shorter than the previous ones just because of the number of mythicals introduced.

I would love to see a movie revolving around the guardians fighting the Ultra Beasts. I liked the cutscene of Hala and Tapu Koko fighting Pheremosa/Buzzwole in the games, and would actually really like to see Ash and the gang summon the guardians to fight the Ultra Beasts. I also just really want to see the rest of the Tapu animated. I adore their designs.

Having said that, I'll take a stab at some of the cast's Pokemon because I haven't done a prediction for the SM saga yet.

Ash: Pikachu, Rowlet/Decidueye, Torracat, Toucannon/Hakamo-o, Vikavolt, Midday Lycanroc -- I want Decidueye on Ash's team, but I could also see the writers keeping Rowlet small and cute for marketing. I also only put Toucannon/Hakamo-o because...

Mallow: Tsareena, Toucannon (if Ash doesn't get it), Morelull/Shiinotic -- I could see a potential Morelull evolving or staying the same. Either way, I think it could work well with her.

Lana: Brionne, Dewpider -- I could honestly see Lana just having two small Pokemon that are actually powerhouses when it comes to battling.

Kiawe: Tortunator, Alolan Marowak, Baille Style Oricorio -- I think it would be a big waste of potential to NOT give Kiawe Alolan Marowak. I think Oricorio just adds a zest of cuteness and sass to his team that it wouldn't otherwise have. I know he's not the most cute or sassy person, but I think that their personalities would mesh well or at least make for some funny moments.

Sophocles: Togedemaru, Alolan Geodude -- I don't see him doing much, so a minimalist team should suit him fine.

Lillie: Alolan Vulpix -- I could see it maybe evolving at the end of the saga as a testament to how far they've come together (and in helping Lillie get over her fear of touching Pokemon), but I'm assuming it will remain as a Vulpix either forever or until close to the end of the saga.

Jessie: Mimikyu, Wobbuffet -- self explanatory.

James: Bewear -- I can see him catching it in hopes of stopping it from constantly carrying them off.

I could also see Mareanie going to a member of TR as others have also suggested, but I don't have any preference of who I'd rather it go to.

J D Sheppard

Why are so many people wanting the rowlett and pikipek lines for ash? Doesn't he already have enough fliers? Let the rowlett line be his only flyer and free up a slot for possibly a type he doesn't have much of like ice, steel, rock

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's just because Ash has gotten the regional bird in every generation and people think that pattern will continue. I personally don't think it will though.

J D Sheppard

It's just because Ash has gotten the regional bird in every generation and people think that pattern will continue. I personally don't think it will though.

Honestly there's no reason to assume any pattern will continue.

Ash has been breaking patterns since hoenn started so no reason to expect the same thing every time.

Let's wish for a little variety people

Why are so many people wanting the rowlett and pikipek lines for ash? Doesn't he already have enough fliers? Let the rowlett line be his only flyer and free up a slot for possibly a type he doesn't have much of like ice, steel, rock

My prediction honestly had nothing to do with the pattern, although I get why it would seem that way. Toucannon is one of my favorite regional birds and I just want to see it on either Ash or Mallow's team. I'm more for it going to Mallow, but yeah.

J D Sheppard

The only think I hope for the alola team is it adds something new to his overall team of reserves.

For example johto added ground and bug and fighting
Hoenn added ice

Sinnoh added Dragon

Unova added rock and "dark"

Kalos added nothing. Which made the team a bit of a disapointment to me.

So let's hope for something new here.

Like if the starters fully evolve he can get his first ghost and hopefully his first dark that's treated like dark.

Or maybe alola sandslash to add steel to his roster

Not sure if Mew getting an exclusive Z-Move, is equal to it appearing in the next movie or not, but i guess its still slightly possible (since cameo are possible).

As for the Movie's, my guess is these,

SM Movie 1 - Cosmog|Cosmoem|Solgaleo/Lunala + Marshadow (have a feeling that we might get a repeat of what we got for the Victini & Zekrom/Reshiram movie, i.e., 2 movies each takes a bit different perspectives)

The 1st movie of a each new Gen always includes the Box Legends in one way or another. Also Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow do seem like a trio of sort (even though Necrozma is supposed to be the 3rd counterpart to Solgaleo and Lunala).

SM Movie 2 - Ultra Beast's + Tapu's and Type: Null/Silvally (remember it was created to fight the UB's)

If Ash has to fight some UB's (which seems more likely), then he would need a slightly stronger team (he can't really fight them with basic stage pokemons, can he).

SM Movie 3 - Necrozma + new Form/Mega of old Pokemon (from DP remake?) or 8th Gen Pokemon.

Also i have a feeling that we might have a continuity/connection between each movies in this SM Saga, as we had with the first 3 DP Saga Movies, something like this,

- events with Solgaleo/Lunala in the 1st SM movie leaves a rift between dimensions connecting with Ultra Space.
- UB's in Ultra Space use that rift to come to Alola, which results in battle in the 2nd SM Movie.
- the events that happened due to UB's leads to the movement of Necrozma and the other unknown Pokemon in the 3rd SM Movie.

Only a small problem I have with this. The Ultra beasts are so integral to the plot of Sun/Moon that involves the evil team that unless they change the plot drastically then they're gonna make their most major appearance in the evil arc. Kinda same for Cosmog as well. It's a good idea, but I think some of it is better off in the main anime than the movies.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
So long as the movies don't follow the standard movie convention of Ash having a legendary appear and have him do the heavy lifting, then I'll be okay. I swear, if he gets Cosmog...

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I don't see why they can't do something different with the Tapus and Ultra Beasts. Maybe the climax of the games will be the movie or something. Like, maybe Ash and co. will learn about the UBs throughout the course of the anime without actually battling them but then they start wrecking havoc in the movie? And Ash has to team up with the Tapus and Type: Null/Silvally to defeat them. I could see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.