• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Quick question what kind of spoilers will future merchandise show this year
None of us are gonna have a real answer to that... Evolutions and captures are like the true spoilers to expect and probably a Gen 8 Pokemon

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just realized that, unless we get another capture for one of the classmates, the only evolutions are Charjabug, Popplio, and potentially Snowy (who I feel will happen either on Poni or post League). Unless we got another capture for Mallow or Lillie, this would give a potential 5th (6th if you believe Poipole’s returning) team member more focus similar to how by the time the Hoenn & Sinnoh Leagues happened, the main focus was on Snorunt/Glalie and Gible

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
This had been gone really long time for writers to care about that rates anymore

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You never know. They didn't show anything about Lana getting a Z-Ring in the episode summaries or episode titles either.

Kintaro

Banned
If Lana and Sophocles do get new evolutions soon, Lillie is really the only SM character who has not made a single capture or evolution since SM started. Why is it every other SM character is either capturing or evolving their pokemon but the writers don't seem to want to do anything with Lillie beyond her Vulpix? SM only has less than 40 eps left too, so the longer they wait the less screentime whateever they do with her will happen.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
If Lana and Sophocles do get new evolutions soon, Lillie is really the only SM character who has not made a single capture or evolution since SM started. Why is it every other SM character is either capturing or evolving their pokemon but the writers don't seem to want to do anything with Lillie beyond her Vulpix? SM only has less than 40 eps left too, so the longer they wait the less screentime whateever they do with her will happen.
Lillie caught Vulpix. Not sure why that doesn't count. Also, catching lots of pokémon isn't what Lillie's character is about. And I'm still fairly sure Vulpix will evolve at some point, they wouldn't have bothered giving her an Ice Stone otherwise.

Kintaro

Banned
Lillie caught Vulpix. Not sure why that doesn't count. Also, catching lots of pokémon isn't what Lillie's character is about. And I'm still fairly sure Vulpix will evolve at some point, they wouldn't have bothered giving her an Ice Stone otherwise.

Your first pokemon is your first pokemon, it doesn't really count as a team change, it's when their trainer/role started. I don't know why people keep bringing this up, it's like saying May/Dawn/Serena before they got their starter "made a capture" even if it was just their first pokemon from a lab. Lillie's hatched from an egg and is basically her version of a starter.

Also given the frown Vulpix made seeing the ice stone, and Alola Vulpix heavily marketed with plushes and toys in Japan, I wouldn't think it would evolve at all until maybe her very last episode when SM is ready to end, and by then it won't matter since it'll just be for 2 eps or so before the saga ends. We're going to be 108+ episodes into SM soon by the end of these last revealed titles, Lillie is still going a 100+ ep series with only 1 pokemon so far.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Not sure how a team change=catching lots of Pokémon but ok.

DatsRight

The thing while Lillie's stagnancy with her team is glaring, she's still arguably done way more than half the cast.

She only has Snowy but she had a fair amount of screen time bonding with her, she's been shown training her for attacks (compared to Mallow and Sophocles' teams who have been stagnant besides abrupt plot armour boosts), and at the end of the day Lillie's the nearest out of the companions to having a palpable character arc.

Saying a character has a bigger more dynamic team means nothing if they barely do anything with them.

I'd love for Lillie to get her secondary (like Popplio, Snowy's a bit too bland to act as merely a satellite character) but I don't think she's the worst off right now. (Part of me hopes Lillie's stagnancy is because she's sticking around next series, though that is naturally high hopes.)

Kintaro

Banned
Not sure how a team change=catching lots of Pokémon but ok.

Yeah I don't get it either. Lillie is also the only main character of the entire series (not just SM, but the entire series not counting Max and Bonnie), who only has 1 pokemon and no evolutions (like Mallow) for 100+ episodes.

Hell even Tracey of all characters had 3 pokemon...and he was only on the main cast for 30 episodes!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If we're gonna be honest here... the main problem was always the regional Pokedex, something I constantly point out when we discuss the lack of team members. The fact of the matter is we haven't had a good one since Best Wishes when Ash caught the most Pokemon he's ever had since the Indigo League, of course, we all are aware of how well that team worked out. The other problem was the decision, which I've also made clear before not all too recently, was having a big cast knowing full well that you just can't make work. Ash is never allowed to promote past generation Pokemon, hence why he never got a Mega Evolution and why Alolan forms are still treated as Kanto Pokemon, just alternate colors. That already hampers the group dynamic as he still has to be the one to truly promote the series, meaning he's gotta have the most regional Pokemon available yet it cannot be a legend of any kind. Damn man, it took till the 6th generation for him to even get an official Pseudo Legend, albeit the weakest one to date going be game standards. On top of all that, Ash has 2 rivals that need full teams, 5 companions for some reason who indeed need some relevance, and Kakui is also a major player as the Mask Royal. That's nine characters right there... NINE! Oh wait, can't forget Jessie and James, so that makes eleven characters... ELEVEN! What the number of Pokemon in this dex excluding Legends, Ultra Beast, and Alolan forms again? Thirty-Four species were available to Ash from the start, of which there is now only currently , and I'm being generous with this, fifteen thanks to everyone else needing to be accounted for.

Yeah, you can thank Hau and Kakui for the reason Rowlet and Torrecat are likely to never evolve... that and this dumb focus on popularity despite the fact neither of these guys seem to be focused on nearly as much as Lycanroc. You'd think they'd have Ash use both constantly, especially Rowlet given its #1 status, but nope, just there in the backpack for no reason.

Master Pikachu 11

You never know. They didn't show anything about Lana getting a Z-Ring in the episode summaries or episode titles either.
You know since you mention it, there is always a chance that she could get her Z ring in the Lycanroc battle episode and I know that the episode is going to focus on the battle and that will be the main event, however, the episode is not only going to focus on Ash but it will also focus on Lillie as she will be talking and catching up with her brother in the episode before the battle. I would not be shocked if Hapu plays a roll in Lillie getting her Z ring. And since the next episode is focusing on two characters who could potentially get two evolutions in the same episode, I would not be surprised if they give Lillie something in this battle and if not then it will be a future episode.

kickachu

Momentai!
If we're gonna be honest here... the main problem was always the regional Pokedex, something I constantly point out when we discuss the lack of team members. The fact of the matter is we haven't had a good one since Best Wishes when Ash caught the most Pokemon he's ever had since the Indigo League, of course, we all are aware of how well that team worked out. The other problem was the decision, which I've also made clear before not all too recently, was having a big cast knowing full well that you just can't make work. Ash is never allowed to promote past generation Pokemon, hence why he never got a Mega Evolution and why Alolan forms are still treated as Kanto Pokemon, just alternate colors. That already hampers the group dynamic as he still has to be the one to truly promote the series, meaning he's gotta have the most regional Pokemon available yet it cannot be a legend of any kind. Damn man, it took till the 6th generation for him to even get an official Pseudo Legend, albeit the weakest one to date going be game standards. On top of all that, Ash has 2 rivals that need full teams, 5 companions for some reason who indeed need some relevance, and Kakui is also a major player as the Mask Royal. That's nine characters right there... NINE! Oh wait, can't forget Jessie and James, so that makes eleven characters... ELEVEN! What the number of Pokemon in this dex excluding Legends, Ultra Beast, and Alolan forms again? Thirty-Four species were available to Ash from the start, of which there is now only currently , and I'm being generous with this, fifteen thanks to everyone else needing to be accounted for.

Yeah, you can thank Hau and Kakui for the reason Rowlet and Torrecat are likely to never evolve... that and this dumb focus on popularity despite the fact neither of these guys seem to be focused on nearly as much as Lycanroc. You'd think they'd have Ash use both constantly, especially Rowlet given its #1 status, but nope, just there in the backpack for no reason.
That's not true remember what happened with gligar and it evolved into gliscor and during that time ash was promote past gen pokemon and aipom too before that trade with buziel

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Your first pokemon is your first pokemon, it doesn't really count as a team change, it's when their trainer/role started. I don't know why people keep bringing this up, it's like saying May/Dawn/Serena before they got their starter "made a capture" even if it was just their first pokemon from a lab. Lillie's hatched from an egg and is basically her version of a starter.

Iris is the only one whose first pokémon can be said to be her first capture since she battle it herself lol

nickdt

Its really simple.

If you start out without a Pokemon, you don't have a team. If you get or catch your first Pokemon, you have a team, since you change from not having one to having one, so yes, Lillie has had a team change.

If Vulpix doesn't count for Lillie, then you cannot count Mallow having a team change either, since she started with one and stayed with one, despite the evolutions (Which as such, isn't a team changes, since she doesn't add anything new to her team).

So if we apply logic, Mallow is the only one who didn't have a team change, since nothing new got added.

Status
Not open for further replies.