• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J D Sheppard

Can we get back on topic please.

Anyone think James might get a grass type this region? He's had a lot in the past so it's a possibility.

There's that mushroom pokemon that might be a good fit

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Someone mentioned Mareanie. I would like to see that entirely so they bring back the hugging gag. :p

But I think Bewear is pretty likely.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
James with Mareanie would be pretty cool.... it should go all the way to Toxapek though.

J D Sheppard

Someone mentioned Mareanie. I would like to see that entirely so they bring back the hugging gag. :p

But I think Bewear is pretty likely.

No reason he can't have both. Two each for him and Jessie seam reasonable

Jessie
Wobbufett
Mimikyu

James
Bewear
Morlull or maybe it's evolved form

Phillip12

Philuxio
I have forgotten, now that XY is over let's list Ash's strongest pokemon again. My list is based by a balance of physical and special attack, physical and special defense, speed and resistance, just like the historic of battles victories of each pokemon:

01- Pikachu (mainly defeated Regiece, tied with Latios)
02- Charizard (mainly defeated Articulo)
03- Sceptile (mainly defeated Darkray)
04- Greninja (it's Ash-greninja form it's enough)
05- Infernape (it's blaze showed enough)
06- Gliscor
07- Talonflame
08- Swellow
09- Heracross
10- Krookodile
11- Snorlax
12- Howlucha
13- Buizel
14- Kingler
15- Pignite
16- Goodra
17- Palpitoad
18- Corpysh
19- Quilava
20- Staraptor
21- Glalie
22- Noctowl
23- Primeape
24- Torcoal
25- Unfezunt
26- Pidgeot
27- Gible
28- Noivern
29- Snivy
30- Bulbasaur
31- Squirtle
32- Leavanny
33- Bayleef
34- Donphan
35- Tauros
36- Boldore
37- Torterra
38- Oshawott
39- Lapras
40- Totodile
41- Muc
42- Scraggy
43- Butterfree

Don't need make all pokemon, it's me that wanted to do. just do top 10 or 20.

I have made this list days ago, and I wanna know everyone opinion of Ash strongest pokemon by now XY ended.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It's just because Ash has gotten the regional bird in every generation and people think that pattern will continue. I personally don't think it will though.

There's no need for it to continue. The main reason was just to get Ash a flier in order to be a source of help. Rowlett would solve this problem

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I have made this list days ago, and I wanna know everyone opinion of Ash strongest pokemon by now XY ended.
It's definitely a top 3 of Pikachu, Charizard, and Greninja imo. I would personally say Charizard because it has the more impressive resume but it's impossible to say. We don't know how Charizard would do against Mega Evolutions.
There's no need for it to continue. The main reason was just to get Ash a flier in order to be a source of help. Rowlett would solve this problem
I don't think he's getting Toucannon. I agree, Rowlett is basically like Talonflame serving as both the bird and the Fire type back in XY.

I'm gonna call it now, Bewear won't be catched until the end of the season

I honestly can't see it going that long without it being caught. I feel like Team Rocket is going to get tired of its antics and catch it in hopes of putting an end to it. However, it'll ultimately just pop out of its Poke Ball to drag them away similarly to Brock's Croagunk in DP.

esquilo09

I honestly can't see it going that long without it being caught. I feel like Team Rocket is going to get tired of its antics and catch it in hopes of putting an end to it. However, it'll ultimately just pop out of its Poke Ball to drag them away similarly to Brock's Croagunk in DP.

That would be quite hilarious! A Bewear popping out of its Pokéball ala Brock's Croagunk.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
although my favorite starter evolution is decidueye, i have a feeling ash's rowlet will stay a rowlet, and his litten will evolve all the way into incineroar. i'm just thinking this because they're presenting litten as a more serious and calm pokemon than the cute rowlet who loves ash's backpack and isn't really aware of what's going on half the time.

although i love cute rowlet, i'd prefer it if they both fully evolved. but hey, let's see what happens.

Navin

MALDREAD
Why do you think his team will be dp like?

Just a speculation. Obviously it seems "SM is the new DP" is not going to be happening this series (unless the school is some distant connection to the camp arc), but I like to think there might be a team similarity like in BW and XY.

Besides, all those mons 'fit' Ash, and two lines are already confirmed.

Since you have been asking several times now. This is my opinion, most people tend to agree on most of these however.

T-1: GPICSS
T-2: Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Bulbasaur, Krookodile, Heracross, Kingler, maybe Hawlucha
T-3: Hawlucha, Gible, Talonflame, Torterra, Squirtle, Pignite, Corphish, Quilava, Buizel, Staraptor
T-4: Goodra, Noctowl, Tauros, Donphan, Noivern, Leavanny, Bayleef, Torkoal, Palpitoad
T-5: Muk, Boldore, Unfezant, Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, Totodile
Excluding: Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras [all released] & Rowlett

DankOverlord

Komodo Dragons Rule!
Just a speculation. Obviously it seems "SM is the new DP" is not going to be happening this series (unless the school is some distant connection to the camp arc), but I like to think there might be a team similarity like in BW and XY.

Besides, all those mons 'fit' Ash, and two lines are already confirmed.

Since you have been asking several times now. This is my opinion, most people tend to agree on most of these however.

T-1: GPICSS
T-2: Swellow, Glalie, Gliscor, Bulbasaur, Krookodile, Heracross, Kingler, maybe Hawlucha
T-3: Hawlucha, Gible, Talonflame, Torterra, Squirtle, Pignite, Corphish, Quilava, Buizel, Staraptor
T-4: Goodra, Noctowl, Tauros, Donphan, Noivern, Leavanny, Bayleef, Torkoal, Palpitoad
T-5: Muk, Boldore, Unfezant, Snivy, Oshawott, Scraggy, Totodile
Excluding: Butterfree, Primeape, Pidgeot, Lapras [all released] & Rowlett

I hoep thiss doesn't sparks an argument lol

Xenon Blue

No Hard Feelings

Basically the same as Maldread's list, except maybe bump Torkoal and Noctowl into into tier 3. I know that is a lot of tier 3's, so I have split it into two groups, in no particular order:
T3+: Corphish, Gible, Pignite, Talonflame, Hawlucha
T3-: Squirtle, Quilava, Noctowl, Torkoal, Torterra, Buizel, Staraptor

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
What makes you think that Ash will catch an Alolan Meowth? It's unlikely to happen because of TR's Meowth. The only regional variation that I see for Ash is an Alolan Sandshrew.
I think it's a possibility precisely because of Team Rocket's Meowth. Just like Jessie has Mimikyu as a rival for Pikachu, I could see TR's Meowth and Ash's Meowth always battling each other. I even came up with the general idea for an episode in which Ash catches said Meowth. It'd involve Team Rocket trying to swipe an Alolan Meowth so the boss can have an Alolan Persian, and Meowth objects to this because he's always wanted to replace Giovanni's Persian, and could do without further competition. So he frees the Meowth, and gives it some advice- if it really wants to escape Team Rocket, it should join Ash, considering Team Rocket's craptastic track record against him. Jessie and James never learn of this, and are left to assume that it escaped on its own. I dunno, I think it'd be kinda cool.

I really doubt this will be his team.

But if it is does decidueye and toucannon both need fury attack? Couldn't decidueye have leaf blade instead?

I don't really think this'll actually happen, either, it's more or less just what I'd like to see. Good point about Fury Attack, though. I could see Rowlet having Fury Attack initially, but yeah, then replacing it with Leaf Blade.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Watching the upcoming trailers, it sounds like Ash may have Litten on his team.

If that happens then I'm also hoping that he gets Lana's Popplio too. Honestly, I think it's suited to be in Ash's team more that Lana's team.
Hopefully all of Ash's team will evolve again.

We can see some great things if they do like:
- Decidueye going stealth when spying on Team Rocket
- Inciniroar using Darkest Lariat to attack opponents
- Primarina using Oceanic Operetta!!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Lana and Popplio share a very close bond. I highly doubt she's going to give it up.

DatsRight

I think it's a possibility precisely because of Team Rocket's Meowth. Just like Jessie has Mimikyu as a rival for Pikachu, I could see TR's Meowth and Ash's Meowth always battling each other. I even came up with the general idea for an episode in which Ash catches said Meowth. It'd involve Team Rocket trying to swipe an Alolan Meowth so the boss can have an Alolan Persian, and Meowth objects to this because he's always wanted to replace Giovanni's Persian, and could do without further competition. So he frees the Meowth, and gives it some advice- if it really wants to escape Team Rocket, it should join Ash, considering Team Rocket's craptastic track record against him. Jessie and James never learn of this, and are left to assume that it escaped on its own. I dunno, I think it'd be kinda cool.

I'd be up for Meowth actually having a battling arc for once (so long as it wasn't just a curb stomp each and every time, that would get as boring as standard TR curb stomps, especially if Meowth sticks to only having one single attack).

On a side note, I'm wondering how Mimikyu will react when the inevitable enemy mine between Team Rocket and the twerps occurs. It already contrasts Inkay, Pikachu's last TR opponent, in most regards, it would be amusing if Mimikyu actually refused to work alongside Pikachu over even saving it's own skin, compared to Inkay actually being the first TR Pokemon to initiate one with him by himself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.