• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I think now that Rockruff will be given to Ash and it will be a Midday Lysanroc(that is one of the rare speedy Pokemon in Alola).

If Ash does get Rockruff and it evolves into Midday Lycanroc, then I really hope the writers take into account Rockruff and Midday Lycanroc's descriptions, because there is golden potential there. It would be interesting to see Ash work with a Pokémon who loves him, but who still grows more rebellious as it gets stronger. Ash, being Ash, would put up with Rockruff's rebelliousness, no matter how much crap it gives him. Then, his love is rewarded with a Lycanroc who is completely and utterly loyal to him.

Navin

MALDREAD
I hoep thiss doesn't sparks an argument lol

Aanndd it did. This is why we can't have nice things.

Ash's strongest team will be DIPCGI +/S

Decidueye + Incineroar?

Well, you have to look at the whole region and not only the league.

To an extent, however greatest emphasis should be in the fully-evolved state in the latter part of the series, against the toughest gym leaders + league opponents. Keep in mind that the bulk of his Pokemon should be congregated in the middle. I think we can agree on his top six, but after that, the 'next best' showed some impressive feats: Swellow for its resume post-evolution, Bulbasaur against Vs. Jackson and Vs. FB Brandon; Gliscor pre-training exhausting Paul's Torterra and post-training defeating (while being more tired) Paul's Drapion that mopped the floor out of Staraptor, Buizel, and Torterra; Glalie for his clutch performances in the HL against league opponents; Heracross and Krookodile effectively became the regional aces of Johto and Unova respectively; and Kingler for sweeping a league favorite and doing this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6GVDSVHYUA. Talonflame was used prolifically, but not certain if I would say it had a truly standout performance like the above.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Decidueye + Incineroar?

Yeah, but but I also think it will be more likely DIPSCI if we take into account that Greninja isn't coming back.

[spoil]Anyway, Even though Kukui is last challenge and player is champion, I think they will make Kukui legit champion in anime.I can't see Ash being a champion, unless it's something like Orange League( Kukui as last challenge, E4 turn into normal challenges(nerfed).But, if it's like any other main league(E4, Champion, 128 or 64 people in the league), then I see Ash being in Top 4(because I sense certain pattern).[/spoil]

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah, but but I also think it will be more likely DIPSCI if we take into account that Greninja isn't coming back.

[spoil]Anyway, Even though Kukui is last challenge and player is champion, I think they will make Kukui legit champion in anime.I can't see Ash being a champion, unless it's something like Orange League( Kukui as last challenge, E4 turn into normal challenges(nerfed).But, if it's like any other main league(E4, Champion, 128 or 64 people in the league), then I see Ash being in Top 4(because I sense certain pattern).[/spoil]

I can imagine a League like the Orange League here as I can't really figure out how the traditional League would work out here. Well if that happens, Ash has a great chance of winning it like the Orange League!

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I can imagine a League like the Orange League here as I can't really figure out how the traditional League would work out here. Well if that happens, Ash has a great chance of winning it like the Orange League!

Yeah, that would make Ash win 3 big things in 20+ years :D. OI, BF and Alola.Still, IMO winning traditional league is bigger 'thing'.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah, that would make Ash win 3 big things in 20+ years :D. OI, BF and Alola.Still, IMO winning traditional league is bigger 'thing'.

XY had a great chance of Ash winning a League but it messed up. I have somewhat given up hope at the moment that Ash would win someday a traditional League.

But winning this one isn't out of bounds, of course with Pikachu dealing the final blow with its Z-move

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Ash will probably get to the finals and lose to Hau or some rival we haven't met yet or something, as cliché as it is. I don't have any faith in Ash winning a league whatsoever.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Ash will probably get to the finals and lose to Hau or some rival we haven't met yet or something, as cliché as it is. I don't have any faith in Ash winning a league whatsoever.

yeah I agree with your sentiments. To add on, I don't even go into watching the anime with expectations that he'll win the league now, I'd rather just enjoy the simple things in it now.

ShadowForce720

Pokemon who have gotten absolutely no showcase, unlike the Rockruff who is clearly super close to Kukui, who has a Lycanroc in the games.

These "hints" are so exaggerated that it hurts to look at.

Not really considering that Kukui was specifically surprised and pointed out how much Rockruff seems to like Ash and then in the opening in the parade scene Rockruff is walking next to Ash and not Kukui, and when Rockruff was scared in episode 3 it moved closer to Ash for comfort instead of going for Kukui. Look it would be one thing if Ash and Pikachu got just got along, however the fact that there where getting scenes and even in the opening that shows Rockruff bonding and being more closer to Ash and the fact that Kukui specifically was surprised by it and pointed it out about how much Rockruff likes Ash and Pikachu leans more to Kukui eventually giving Ash Rockruff.

Now is it guaranteed to happen? No, but right now given from what we've seen it's pretty likely that Kukui will give Rockruff to Ash.

People wouldn't even be speculating on Kukui giving Rockruff to Ash if it wasn't for the reason that were getting quite a few moments of bonding with Ash. Sure Kukui has a Lycanroc in the games, but that doesn't mean he can't give his Rockruff to Ash in the anime, as just because a trainer has a ceartain pokemon in the games or maybe even bonded closer to it in the games does not mean that it will still be the case in the anime.

The hints aren't being exaggerated, there just being pointed out.

Last edited:

Domok

The Rockruff hints aren't being exaggerated at all imo,how can you ignore things like Rockruff literally being right next to Ash in the intro scene?.

phanpycross

God-king
Not really considering that Kukui was specifically surprised and pointed out how much Rockruff seems to like Ash and then in the opening in the parade scene Rockruff is walking next to Ash and not Kukui, and when Rockruff was scared in episode 3 it moved closer to Ash for comfort instead of going for Kukui. Look it would be one thing if Ash and Pikachu got just got along, however the fact that there where getting scenes and even in the opening that shows Rockruff bonding and being more closer to Ash.

People wouldn't even be speculating on Kukui giving Rockruff to Ash if it wasn't for the reason that were getting quite a few moments of bonding with Ash. Sure Kukui has a Lycanroc in the games, but that doesn't mean he can't give his Rockruff to Ash in the anime, as just because a trainer has a ceartain pokemon in the games or maybe even bonded closer to it in the games does not mean that it will still be the case in the anime.

The hints aren't being exaggerated, there just being pointed out.
Rockruff has been one of the main pokemon being speculated for Ash since it's announcement, before we even knew a Sun Moon anime was gonna be a thing. You are stretching tiny details into "hints".

ShadowForce720

Rockruff has been one of the main pokemon being speculated for Ash since it's announcement, before we even knew a Sun Moon anime was gonna be a thing. You are stretching tiny details into "hints".

No, I'm not stretching tiny details into hints, I'm just pointing out hints. Think about it in the opening in the parade scene why have Rockruff walking next to Ash and not Kukui especially since they could have move Kukui further up, why did Rockruff seek comfort from Ash instead of Kukui, and the fact that Kukui was surprised by how much Rockruff likes Ash and pointed out would indicate that these aren't tiny details. Plus given that there are scene that specifically have Rockruff bonding with Ash.

As for Rockruff being one of the main pokemon being speculated for Ash since it's announcement? so what? that's not why people are leaning towards kukui giving Rockruff to Ash, in fact if it wasn't for all the hints that are being pointed out then people wouldn't really think about Kukui giving Ash Rockruff, however the fact that Kukui was so surprised by how much Rockruff likes Ash and Pikachu that he specifically pointed it out would indicate that the stuff we have been see are most likely hints.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
No, I'm not stretching tiny details into hints, I'm just pointing out hints. Think about it in the opening in the parade scene why have Rockruff walking next to Ash and not Kukui especially since they could have move Kukui further up, why did Rockruff seek comfort from Ash instead of Kukui, and the fact that Kukui was surprised by how much Rockruff likes Ash and pointed out would indicate that these aren't tiny details.

"Hints"

It's not walking next to Ash, it's behind him because it's a markedable pokemon. It's with Kukui in other other part of the anime, and it's seemingly his main pokemon, AND he has it in the games.

As for Rockruff being one of the main pokemon being speculated for Ash since it's announcement? so what? that's not why people are leaning towards kukui giving Rockruff to Ash, in fact if it wasn't for all the hints that are being pointed out then people wouldn't really think about Kukui giving Ash Rockruff, however the fact that Kukui was so surprised by how much Rockruff likes Ash and Pikachu that he specifically pointed it out would indicate that the stuff we have been see are most likely hints.
Because you're lying and making up history.
(as always)

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

"Hints"

It's not walking next to Ash, it's behind him because it's a markedable pokemon. It's with Kukui in other other part of the anime, and it's seemingly his main pokemon, AND he has it in the games.

First off in regards to him having it in the games? so what that doesn't mean that he can't give it to Ash. Plus oh it's walking behind him in the parade scene, that doesn't change the fact that's positioned closer to Ash in that scene, plus again kukui specifically pointed out how much Rockruff reallyl likes Ash and Pikachu and was surprised by it, plus we have been getting moments where it has bonding with Ash.

Because you're lying and making up history.
(as always)

I'm not lying your just ignoring history. I'm not making up anything Kukui did go and specifically pointed out that Rockruff seems to like Ash and Pikachu a lot and was surprised by it, Rockruff did seek comfort form Ash instead of Kukui when it got scared, and we have gotten scenes of Ash bonding with it and it is positioned closer to Ash in the parade scene then Kukui.

Last edited:

phanpycross

God-king
First off in regards to him having it in the games? so what that doesn't mean that he can't give it to Ash. Plus oh it's walking behind him in the parade scene, that doesn't change the fact that's positioned closer to Ash in that scene, plus again kukui specifically pointed out how much Rockruff reallyl likes Ash and Pikachu and was surprised by it, plus we have been getting moments where it has bonding with Ash.
Because we know him having Lycanroc has presidence, along with how close he is to Rockruff in everything but the opening.

I'm not lying your just ignoring history.
Ignoring?

Explain

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

Rockruff is walking right behind Ash and nowhere near Professor Kukui (in fact, the rest of the class is between Rockruff and Kukui). That's why people see it as a hint Ash might get Rockruff in the future. Just like Rowlet's and Litten's being near Ash are taken as hints that he would get them (and he did get Rowlet and it's pretty much confirmed that he will get Litten). Otherwise, why wouldn't Rockruff be walking near Kukui? All of the other marketable Pokémon (Popplio, Togedemaru, Bounsweet) are with or near their Trainers.

Just because game Kukui has Rockruff/Lycanroc does not mean that anime Kukui won't end up giving his Rockruff to Ash. The anime can and has deviated from the games before.

phanpycross

God-king
Rockruff is walking right behind Ash and nowhere near Professor Kukui (in fact, the rest of the class is between Rockruff and Kukui). That's why people see it as a hint Ash might get Rockruff in the future. Just like Rowlet's and Litten's being near Ash are taken as hints that he would get them (and he did get Rowlet and it's pretty much confirmed that he will get Litten). Otherwise, why wouldn't Rockruff be walking near Kukui? All of the other marketable Pokémon (Popplio, Togedemaru, Bounsweet) are with or near their Trainers.

Just because game Kukui has Rockruff/Lycanroc does not mean that anime Kukui won't end up giving his Rockruff to Ash. The anime can and has deviated from the games before.
Turtonator is nowhere near Kiawe, so is he giving it to Officer Jenny? Obviously not, so I dont see why a couple of frames with Rockruff close means a capture when it's firmly with Kukui in everything else.

World Turtle

Kukui has a Lycanroc in the games true, but doesn't he also have a separate Rockruff living at his house?

I'm still making my way through the games so I don't know if its still there after we fight the E4 and Kukui (and possibly became the Lycanroc we fight).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Turtonator is nowhere near Kiawe, so is he giving it to Officer Jenny? Obviously not, so I dont see why a couple of frames with Rockruff close means a capture when it's firmly with Kukui in everything else.

it's speculation either way, no one is claiming it'll happen 100%. A lot of people would also like it. Are you against it that much? Someone must have gotten a good whippin from a Rockruff/Lycanroc in game to be so against even mentioning hints that Ash may possibly be given Kukui's rockruff...

Status
Not open for further replies.