• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

phanpycross

God-king
it's speculation either way, no one is claiming it'll happen 100%. A lot of people would also like it. Are you against it that much? Someone must have gotten a good whippin from a Rockruff/Lycanroc in game to be so against even mentioning hints that Ash may possibly be given Kukui's rockruff...
Yes, i got destroyed by that horrifying dog, and now I hate all Lycanrocs and especially their owners. You all better look out, Im coming with my Buzzwole and Kartana, your rocky dogs arent safe. Im gonna be hammer-arming and Smart-striking until no Lycanroc or rockruff speculation is left on these forums.

It's called arguing a point.

Janovy

Banned
Okay, let me argue your point. :p

On the second poster for SM anime, Rockruff can be seen with the group and their Pokemon. Every Pokemon can be assigned to a particular trainer (Turtonator to Kiawe, Popplio to Lana etc.).

The only oddball in the group is Rockruff who is in the poster and yet there is no Kukui.

Logical conclusion: one of the trainers in the poster is getting Rockruff. Most likely Ash given how he's the trainer with the most connection to Rockruff so far and Rockruff was shown to really like Ash and Pikachu.

phanpycross

God-king
Logical conclusion: one of the trainers in the poster is getting Rockruff. Most likely Ash given how he's the trainer with the most connection to Rockruff so far and Rockruff was shown to really like Ash and Pikachu.
I dont see how you got to that conclusion :p

I dont know, I just dont buy it, when it's Kukui's only pokemon, it's shown with him everywhere else, and with how weirdly Rockruff looks on that poster(basically covered by the title).

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yes, i got destroyed by that horrifying dog, and now I hate all Lycanrocs and especially their owners. You all better look out, Im coming with my Buzzwole and Kartana, your rocky dogs arent safe. Im gonna be hammer-arming and Smart-striking until no Lycanroc or rockruff speculation is left on these forums.

No you were definitely beaten bad by a Lycanroc. Im obvs jk but calling someone a liar when they're listing facts is not great arguing skills imo :p
anyways it seems Ash is getting pokemon in unconventional ways this generation based on his two captures thus far (even though he usually has unconventional means to getting pokemon), so having a pokemon given to him because it likes him would be another unconventional way for them to show. I'm still curious on who will be his first battle capture if they have one.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I think Rockruff is supposed to just be a close Pokémon to Ash but it isn't his. I'll interpret that Rockruff was spiritually Prof Kukui, but a marketable Pokémon. He could always catch a wild Rockruff but all confirmed signs point to Prof Kukui keeping his Rockruff (so far) or well, we'll have to wait longer to see if Ash'll get/borrow it. I could've swore in the newest group poster, Rockruff was holding off Ash's far left side.

Though I'm not sure whether or not to trust posters anymore.

ShadowForce720

No you were definitely beaten bad by a Lycanroc. Im obvs jk but calling someone a liar when they're listing facts is not great arguing skills imo :p
anyways it seems Ash is getting pokemon in unconventional ways this generation based on his two captures thus far (even though he usually has unconventional means to getting pokemon), so having a pokemon given to him because it likes him would be another unconventional way for them to show. I'm still curious on who will be his first battle capture if they have one.

Well from what it seems like if Ash does wind up getting Grubbin, then I think it would wind up being his 1st battle capture or at the very least if not his 1st battle capture, then just a battle capture, unless Litten challenges Ash to a battle for him to try and catch it.

mystic9899

Pokemon fan
on one side, i want ash to get rockruff (which is cute as hell) and evolve it into midday lycanroc (my favorite gen 7 pokemon). on the other side, rockruff seems happy to be with kukui and idk how i would feel if kukui just gave his own pokemon away to a kid.

the struggle is real.

Janovy

Banned
I dont see how you got to that conclusion :p

I dont know, I just dont buy it, when it's Kukui's only pokemon, it's shown with him everywhere else, and with how weirdly Rockruff looks on that poster(basically covered by the title).
Rockruff being out of place in that poster is my exact reasoning. It HAS to belong to someone present in that poster otherwise why bother including it at all as a part of the main cast?

Though I'm not sure whether or not to trust posters anymore.
I mean, it's not like I'm using the first poster as a basis, which has a TON of Pokemon.

This poster has a very specific selection of Pokemon which makes Rockruff's presence all the more interesting.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I mean, it's not like I'm using the first poster as a basis, which has a TON of Pokemon.

This poster has a very specific selection of Pokemon which makes Rockruff's presence all the more interesting.
Rockruff IS one of the important Pokémon characters in the anime, as listed on the website. I'm sure they'll find some way to utilize Rockruff. For now, it's just being cute. Soon, it'll become more proactive.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
on one side, i want ash to get rockruff (which is cute as hell) and evolve it into midday lycanroc (my favorite gen 7 pokemon). on the other side, rockruff seems happy to be with kukui and idk how i would feel if kukui just gave his own pokemon away to a kid.

the struggle is real.

But Kukui wouldn't be giving his Rockruff to just any kid. He would be giving his Rockruff to a Trainer who has bonded with Rockruff and of whom Rockruff is quite fond. He probably wouldn't give Rockruff to Ash unless he felt Rockruff could grow to its full potential under Ash's care. Alternatively, Rockruff could decide it wants to be with Ash, and I don't think Kukui would deny Rockruff its wish.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that Ash gets a Rockruff. It doesn't have to be Kukui's (although I think it would be cute if it were, given their adorable interactions so far), but that boy needs that puppy!

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Lana and Popplio share a very close bond. I highly doubt she's going to give it up.

As much as I hate to admit it, you're right that it might be an unlikely case.

Maybe Lana realises that she is unable to bring out the true potential in Popplio and gives/lends it to Ash instead. Where he then evolves it into Primarina.

It's more likely that Ash will just get a wild one instead though. Maybe a female one that knows Attract like Ash's Snivy. I'm still hoping for it!

iggy the skorupi

One question I have is what is in the egg? Based on the information given, its a Kanto pokemon that will hatch in Alola. Normally, the egg is easy for viewers to guess because it's just a basic pokemon in egg form, but this egg was just one solid color. Because of this, and seeing how it likely will be an alolan form, I think it will be either a cubone, which would go to Ash at my best guess, or a vulpix, which based on the poster would go to Lillie.

ShadowForce720

One question I have is what is in the egg? Based on the information given, its a Kanto pokemon that will hatch in Alola. Normally, the egg is easy for viewers to guess because it's just a basic pokemon in egg form, but this egg was just one solid color. Because of this, and seeing how it likely will be an alolan form, I think it will be either a cubone, which would go to Ash at my best guess, or a vulpix, which based on the poster would go to Lillie.

The problem with that is one the egg your talking about is a completely different color then Alolan Vulpix and it was brought over by Ash and his mother while the summary for episode 8 specifically mentions that the egg kukui is giving Lillie came from Mount Lanakila which would mean the egg that Kukui is giving Lillie is most likely going to hatched into a Alolan Vulpix.

As for the other egg, the one that Ash brought it could hatched into a Diglett, now there is a problem with Ash getting a Cubone and that is the fact that it evolves into Alolan Marowak which is Fire/Ghost, this is a problem because I'm not sure they would have him get an Alolan Marowak when it looking pretty likely that he is going to have a Litten.

Maybe Lana realises that she is unable to bring out the true potential in Popplio and gives/lends it to Ash instead. Where he then evolves it into Primarina.

It's more likely that Ash will just get a wild one instead though. Maybe a female one that knows Attract like Ash's Snivy. I'm still hoping for it!

Well if Ash were to get a Popplio then yes it would be safe to say that it would be a wild Popplio and not the same one that Lana owns, now in terms of Ash getting a Popplio at all chances are he's most likely not going to get one as Lana already has a Popplio and she's on the main cast, and even if she were to leave the main cast and another Popplio joins the main cast I think it would probably go to someone else on the main cast.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

I don't think Ash is getting Popplio period unfortunately. And I couled see Lana's Popplio maybe evolving into Brionne, but that's it just because she doesn't have a battling goal. Primarina doesn't't really suit Ash anyway.

I really hate to say it, but I don't think we're going to be seeing much of Primarina in the anime. :( Best I can see is Hau or a potential future rival owning one.
Latest summary for the upcoming egg episode mentions the egg is from Mt. Lanakila. I think that pretty much confirms it's Vulpix.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

I don't think Ash is getting Popplio period unfortunately. And I couled see Lana's Popplio maybe evolving into Brionne, but that's it.

I really hate to say it, but I don't think we're going to be seeing much of Primarina in the anime. :( Best I can see is Hau or a potential future rival owning one.

Latest summary for the upcoming egg episode mentions the egg is from Mt. Lanakila. I think that pretty much confirms it's Vulpix.

I could be wrong but I think he might be talking about the egg that Ash brought with him from the Kanto region.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It's obvious Rockruff will be Ash's. A Professor doesn't even need a Pokemon. Elm, Birch, and Rowan didn't even have Pokemon of their own.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay, let me argue your point. :p

On the second poster for SM anime, Rockruff can be seen with the group and their Pokemon. Every Pokemon can be assigned to a particular trainer (Turtonator to Kiawe, Popplio to Lana etc.).

The only oddball in the group is Rockruff who is in the poster and yet there is no Kukui.

As much as this would be great, let's not forget Mega Sceptile and the Sawyer trolling the anime did when it made us think Ash was bringing Sceptile back.

Status
Not open for further replies.