• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatsRight

So long as we get some ounce of character from Lillie in the upcoming episodes, even if it's just something like 'try hard Lillie' comic relief in the golfing episode. Please just don't make LILLIE of all people bland.

Preferably do something with Snowy as well. Eevee's outdoing her in the cute baby puppy/fennic antics and has a broader personality on top of it. She needs something to do to flesh her out.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Yeah, but if she gets focus it could be soon, maybe even after SM112. She'll get focus eventually, because it's not like her Ice Z-Crystal and her Ice Stone were given to her for no reason. Maybe she could get focus in SM110.

I feel like some people got annoyed at the focus during the Nebby arc, but now that she hasn't had a focus episode since SM080, or maybe even SM083 if some consider that a focus episode for her (even if it was shared with Ash and Sophocles), people are annoyed.
oddly enough, there's a certain reviewer who is like "FINALLY lillie isn't in the spotlight"in regards to the poni arc..........even though she hasn't truly been in the spotlight for like a year

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
If the previous Pokegirls, May, Dawn, Serena became trainers immedietaly after receiving their starter, Lillie is training to be a trainer and get to know all kinds of pokemon. It would be perfect if she goes on to be a travelling companion again in Gen 8. She can fully develop and have a full team.

Edit: On Bulbapedia it says that Mallow caught Shaymin, with a Premier Ball. Is that true??

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
If the previous Pokegirls, May, Dawn, Serena became trainers immedietaly after receiving their starter, Lillie is training to be a trainer and get to know all kinds of pokemon. It would be perfect if she goes on to be a travelling companion again in Gen 8. She can fully develop and have a full team.

On the other hand, Mallow befriending/capturing a Shaymin has still made me happy!
Don't..,...i don't think that fans wanted her to become kasumi from jhoto arc and it would be so bad.

Kintaro

Banned

Lillie might become a regular trainer after SM ends but she sure won't be on the cast next gen.

Edit: On Bulbapedia it says that Mallow caught Shaymin, with a Premier Ball. Is that true??

No, Mallow just appears with Shaymin in her arms in the next scene. No Pokeball was shown thrown at it. She's holding it ala Squishy.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Guys, I heard about a picture that seems to aim the fact that Ash's Charizard will return in the future. And not only that, Ash's Bulbasaur will return too; and after so many years (practically from the very first season), Bulbasaur will finally... EVOLVE INTO IVYSAUR!!! Anyone has a leak for the picture?

Kintaro

Banned
Guys, I heard about a picture that seems to aim the fact that Ash's Charizard will return in the future. And not only that, Ash's Bulbasaur will return too; and after so many years (practically from the very first season), Bulbasaur will finally... EVOLVE INTO IVYSAUR!!! Anyone has a leak for the picture?

It's already confirmed not to be about the anime, but a Pokemon Go tie-in, or something along those lines. They wouldn't spoil Bulbasaur of all things evolving so randomly after 21 years.

ShadowForce720

You know when it comes to the Shaymin that Mallow befriended I wonder it's going to be permanently part of the SM main cast now, to where it either stays at least until the very end of the SM series or if it's just going to be case where although Mallow never really catches it, it winds up living with her for the rest of it's life. Although it's possible that it could leave before then however considering that the ending has been updated to include Shaymin I would imagine that means Shaymin is sticking around for a while.

Kintaro

Banned
You know when it comes to the Shaymin that Mallow befriended I wonder it's going to be permanently part of the SM main cast now, to where it either stays at least until the very end of the SM series or if it's just going to be case where although Mallow never really catches it, it winds up living with her for the rest of it's life. Although it's possible that it could leave before then however considering that the ending has been updated to include Shaymin I would imagine that means Shaymin is sticking around for a while.

Given the writers included it in the ending it's probably going to stay a good while, if not till the end of SM. This saga only has like 30 eps left anyway so it wouldn't make much difference.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It's already confirmed not to be about the anime, but a Pokemon Go tie-in, or something along those lines. They wouldn't spoil Bulbasaur of all things evolving so randomly after 21 years.
I don't know. They turned Rowlet as the new "not-evolving grass type" of Ash with the Everstone, even although it's evolution could finally give Ash a Ghost Type. So, if Rowlet is going to be the new "anti-evolution grass type", then Bulbasaur could finally become Ivysaur.

ShadowForce720

Just pointing this out but even if Ash's Bulbasaur does come back and wind up evolving how do we know that wouldn't spoil it, I mean there seems to be a bit of a double standard here and that I'm not sure if you do but I know some people here seem to think that Ash can't get a team change for his Alolan Team without it being spoiled, and yet somehow if it's Bulbasaur coming back and evolving it's that hard to believe that it could be spoiled.

Look I'm not saying that Ash's team changes have to be spoiled or that they couldn't be spoiled, but I don't think it's a really a good argument to try to say that they wouldn't spoil Ash's Bulbasaur's evolution if it was evolving into Ivysaur because let's face it we don't know enough about how it would be handle to so we can't really say for sure that they wouldn't spoil it evolving or that they would.

Now I'm not saying that Bulbasaur is guaranteed to come back and evolve, however I do suspect that if it's going to come back and evolve that it will probably be a case similar to Cyndaquil in that it winds up being brought back for a league and then evolving.

Kintaro

Banned
Just pointing this out but even if Ash's Bulbasaur does come back and wind up evolving how do we know that wouldn't spoil it, I mean there seems to be a bit of a double standard here and that I'm not sure if you do but I know some people here seem to think that Ash can't get a team change for his Alolan Team without it being spoiled, and yet somehow if it's Bulbasaur coming back and evolving it's that hard to believe that it could be spoiled.

Look I'm not saying that Ash's team changes have to be spoiled or that they couldn't be spoiled, but I don't think it's a really a good argument to try to say that they wouldn't spoil Ash's Bulbasaur's evolution if it was evolving into Ivysaur because let's face it we don't know enough about how it would be handle to so we can't really say for sure that they wouldn't spoil it evolving or that they would.

Now I'm not saying that Bulbasaur is guaranteed to come back and evolve, however I do suspect that if it's going to come back and evolve that it will probably be a case similar to Cyndaquil in that it winds up being brought back for a league and then evolving.

Any case of Kanto starters returning in general would get huge promotional adverts like Misty/Brock returning got. Unless we get something like that in the future it's safe to say they're not returning.

ShadowForce720

Any case of Kanto starters returning in general would get huge promotional adverts like Misty/Brock returning got. Unless we get something like that in the future it's safe to say they're not returning.

Except we saw Bulbasaur again back during when Ash went on the School Trip to Kanto and I don't remember there being huge promotion for it to return back then even though it was going to show up in the episode.

Zariful

Just to play devil's advocate here, I saw a comic that showed Ash's Cyndaquil evolving into a Quilava on Youtube maybe a day or two before it happened. I also think Dawn's Cyndaquil's evolution was spoiled in a preview.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
They already said in the episode Shaymin is going to stay with Mallow until the season comes where Shaymin take flight.

Kintaro

Banned
Just to play devil's advocate here, I saw a comic that showed Ash's Cyndaquil evolving into a Quilava on Youtube maybe a day or two before it happened. I also think Dawn's Cyndaquil's evolution was spoiled in a preview.

The way they advertise things in the anime now is much different than even 8+ years ago in the DP era. Stuff is usually hyped up ahead of time.

ShadowForce720

They already said in the episode Shaymin is going to stay with Mallow until the season comes where Shaymin take flight.

Considering that Shaymin has been added to the ending I wouldn't be that surprised if the season where it takes flight doesn't happen until like the very last few episodes of SM which will be after sometime after the league.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Considering that Shaymin has been added to the ending I wouldn't be that surprised if the season where it takes flight doesn't happen until like the very last few episodes of SM which will be after sometime after the league.

It'd be lovely if this meant Mallow was sticking around.... cause DP remakes
She'd fulfill the Brock/Cilan role really well.

And honestly both Shaymin and Melmetal leaving in the same time frame would be dumb.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So peeps on team Incineroar, now that Torracat has learned Fire Blast, where do you stand on Torracat evolving? It'd probably learn Darkest Lariatt if it evolved. But what move would it replace? Fire Fang and Fire Blast have sentimental value. I feel like Flame Charge was learned to help it defeat the Masked Royal's Incineroar. And losing Revenge, when it learned that while fighting alongside the Masked Royal would also be sad. Plus it gives a super effective move during a fight against Incineroar. Also Torracat and Lycanroc haven't beaten their rivals yet. But Rowlet has. What do you make of that?

My guess is Fire Fang because while it does have sentimental value it's no longer the only move with sentimental value so it can be replaced and Torracat can still have a memento from Stoutland.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Don't you need to catch like a hundred Meltan or so? I don't think Ash has enough pokéballs for that.
They're probably going to change how Meltan evolves in future games anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.