• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

It's also possible that Ash's Meltan doesn't evolve. It doesn't need to merge with the hundreds of other Meltan that are scattered around Alola.

ShadowForce720

It's also possible that Ash's Meltan doesn't evolve. It doesn't need to merge with the hundreds of other Meltan that are scattered around Alola.

There is a slight problem with that idea and that is if Meltan does wind up being a pokemon that Ash is going to be using in battles, it's move pool as a Meltan is extremely limited and here is how it breaks down:

Meltan's Move pool:

Moves learn through level up in the games:
-Headbutt(also a TM move)
-Harden
-Tail Whip
-Thunder Wave(also a TM move)
-Thunder Shock(also a TM move)
-Acid Armor
-Flash Cannon(also a TM move)

Moves that are learned through TM in the games:
-Rest
-Protect
-Substitute
-Toxic

Where if it evolves into Melmetal it will gain access to these moves in it's move pool:

-Thunder Punch(learns upon evolving into Melmetal, and is also a TM move)
-Mega Punch
-Double Iron Bash
-Superpower(also a TM move)
-Hyper Beam(also a TM move)

-Facade
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Ice Punch
-Thunder
-Earthquake
-Self-destruct
-Solar Beam
-Ice Beam

So basically if Meltan does wind up being a pokemon that Ash is going to be using in battles it's a lot more beneficial for it to evolve into Melmetal so that it has move of a move pool to actually choose from.

Zariful

Just a question about recent merchandise stuff. Was there a merchandise thing recently Ninetails, Brionne, Vikavolt and Datrix separetly from the merch back in October?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Just a question about recent merchandise stuff. Was there a merchandise thing recently Ninetails, Brionne, Vikavolt and Datrix separetly from the merch back in October?
What was the merch in October?

Well with the recent title out, I'm hoping Ash is the one that gets Meltan. At this point, he needs one. And I do think that if he does, it'll at least evolve to be a little more battle capable and maybe to showcase Double Iron Bash. Guess we'll see what happens.

If he does get one, hopefully he doesn't release it and just leaves it at Oak. Meltan/Melmetal at least can pull off the type of Mythical that would enjoy the lab setting.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
On Ash mainly but the others can be included

Well on Ash I'm speculating after capturing Meltan he'll reunite with Poipole in Ultra Space during the search for Mohn arc and it will come back with him to Alola. I also think that Meltan, Poipole, and maybe Torracat will evolve before the Alola league. For the classmates besides Lana's Brionne and Lillie's Snowy evolving I've being speculating that she might get a Magearna especially now Mythicals are now official on the table as capture options. And finally I've also been thinking about what the rest of Gladion's team could be and my top choice for one of them is Marshadow since its addition will keep the balance of power between Ash and him even with it also being a Mythical like Meltan and giving Gladion his own signature Z-move besides Lycanroc one.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well on Ash I'm speculating after capturing Meltan he'll reunite with Poipole in Ultra Space during the search for Mohn arc and it will come back with him to Alola. I also think that Meltan, Poipole, and maybe Torracat will evolve before the Alola league. For the classmates besides Lana's Brionne and Lillie's Snowy evolving I've being speculating that she might get a Magearna especially now Mythicals are now official on the table as capture options. And finally I've also been thinking about what the rest of Gladion's team could be and my top choice for one of them is Marshadow since its addition will keep the balance of power between Ash and him even with it also being a Mythical like Meltan and giving Gladion his own signature Z-move besides Lycanroc one.

Magearna would fit her for sure since it's Fairy.
But two being around is enough, especially as we already had Nebby around earlier on (Poipole /=/ legendary)

Besides Mallow's the one girl without a z-ring, she honestly deserved Shaymin

D

Deleted member 384931

Shaymin is temporary, it will stay with Mallow until the season changes and fly off. It isnt her mom, she met it because she showed gratitude towards her mom.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Im so sick and tired of screentime for temporary legendaries such as Poipole, Shaymin and Meltan. The writers could easily give Mallow bulbasaur to promote LGPE, while Ash could get Alolan Sandshrew/Sandygast/Wimpod/Passimian/Hakamo-O.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
There is a slight problem with that idea and that is if Meltan does wind up being a pokemon that Ash is going to be using in battles, it's move pool as a Meltan is extremely limited and here is how it breaks down:

Meltan's Move pool:

-Headbutt(also a TM move)
-Harden
-Tail Whip
-Thunder Wave(also a TM move)
-Thunder Shock(also a TM move)
-Acid Armor
-Flash Cannon(also a TM move)

-Rest
-Protect
-Substitute
-Toxic

Where if it evolves into Melmetal it will gain access to these moves in it's move pool:

-Thunder Punch(learns upon evolving into Melmetal, and is also a TM move)
-Mega Punch
-Double Iron Bash
-Superpower(also a TM move)
-Hyper Beam(also a TM move)

-Facade
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Ice Punch
-Thunder
-Earthquake
-Self-destruct
-Solar Beam
-Ice Beam

So basically if Meltan does wind up being a pokemon that Ash is going to be using in battles it's a lot more beneficial for it to evolve into Melmetal so that it has move of a move pool to actually choose from.

Just check back on most of Ash's older (and current) Pokemon's move-set, and you would see that the writers don't really care about them one bit.

If the writers give Ash a 'Meltan' to use during the Alola League, they can easily let it be stuck with something like,
- Flash Cannon
- Headbutt
- Acid Armor/Harden/Protect
- Substitute/Toxic
(possibly no Electric type moves, as Ash's pokemon don't tend to learn it because of Pikachu)
(also, there is no reason for it to know 4 moves, if the writers feel like it, they can just let it be stuck with 2-3 moves)

And be done with it, until it evolves when the time comes for it to leave.

I mean seriously we can't really expect Ash to permanently keep it, do we.
It has to leave someday, and what better reason other than 'making it evolve', would be the perfect solution to do so.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
If Ash really catches Meltan, i would like to see it evolve into Melmetal, and battle Zeraora or another similar mythical pokemon in the league!

ShadowForce720

Just check back on most of Ash's older (and current) Pokemon's move-set, and you would see that the writers don't really care about them one bit.

If the writers give Ash a 'Meltan' to use during the Alola League, they can easily let it be stuck with something like,
- Flash Cannon
- Headbutt
- Acid Armor/Harden/Protect
- Substitute/Toxic
(possibly no Electric type moves, as Ash's pokemon don't tend to learn it because of Pikachu)
(also, there is no reason for it to know 4 moves, if the writers feel like it, they can just let it be stuck with 2-3 moves)

And be done with it, until it evolves when the time comes for it to leave.

I mean seriously we can't really expect Ash to permanently keep it, do we.
It has to leave someday, and what better reason other than 'making it evolve', would be the perfect solution to do so.

Except the reason why some of the older pokemon didn't have diverse move sets is because of them being back from gen 1 where there weren't that many moves as there are now. As for Ash's current team the only pokemon on the Alolan team that is confirmed to have 3 moves of the same type is Torracat, and the alolan team is still developing so by the time it's all said and done they could have a diverse move set.

As for it having to leave when it evolves instead of just winding up at Oak's lab, for what reason does it exactly have to leave when it doesn't really have a home, and it's not like it's protector of a region or having some very important role to play that requires it not to belong with anyone or taken out of the region. Also before you try to argue that it's too big may I remind you that both a wild(or maybe they belong to an unknown trainer) Gyarados and Onix have been shown at Oak's lab and they are bigger then Melmetal, so I doubt that Melmetal's size would be an issue. Plus it doesn't make any sense that the only time we see Melmetal is when it evolves from Meltan and then immediately leaves.

If anything it makes more sense for Meltan to evolve before the Alolan League then Ash uses Melmetal at the league and then if it's going to leave it will leave after the league.

Red and Blue

If Meltan were to evolve before the league I dont see any of Ash's Pokemon topping it. Even Lycanroc. It would officially be Ash's Ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.