1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Sushi, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

Just check back on most of Ash's older (and current) Pokemon's move-set, and you would see that the writers don't really care about them one bit.

If the writers give Ash a 'Meltan' to use during the Alola League, they can easily let it be stuck with something like,
    - Flash Cannon
    - Headbutt
    - Acid Armor/Harden/Protect
    - Substitute/Toxic
    (possibly no Electric type moves, as Ash's pokemon don't tend to learn it because of Pikachu)
    (also, there is no reason for it to know 4 moves, if the writers feel like it, they can just let it be stuck with 2-3 moves)

And be done with it, until it evolves when the time comes for it to leave.

I mean seriously we can't really expect Ash to permanently keep it, do we.
    It has to leave someday, and what better reason other than 'making it evolve', would be the perfect solution to do so.

2. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Well-Known Member

If Ash really catches Meltan, i would like to see it evolve into Melmetal, and battle Zeraora or another similar mythical pokemon in the league!

3. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Except the reason why some of the older pokemon didn't have diverse move sets is because of them being back from gen 1 where there weren't that many moves as there are now. As for Ash's current team the only pokemon on the Alolan team that is confirmed to have 3 moves of the same type is Torracat, and the alolan team is still developing so by the time it's all said and done they could have a diverse move set.

As for it having to leave when it evolves instead of just winding up at Oak's lab, for what reason does it exactly have to leave when it doesn't really have a home, and it's not like it's protector of a region or having some very important role to play that requires it not to belong with anyone or taken out of the region. Also before you try to argue that it's too big may I remind you that both a wild(or maybe they belong to an unknown trainer) Gyarados and Onix have been shown at Oak's lab and they are bigger then Melmetal, so I doubt that Melmetal's size would be an issue. Plus it doesn't make any sense that the only time we see Melmetal is when it evolves from Meltan and then immediately leaves.

If anything it makes more sense for Meltan to evolve before the Alolan League then Ash uses Melmetal at the league and then if it's going to leave it will leave after the league.

4. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

If Meltan were to evolve before the league I dont see any of Ash's Pokemon topping it. Even Lycanroc. It would officially be Ash's Ace.

RileyXY1 likes this.
  5. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

That is another reason why I don't think that Ash will catch Meltan.

6. Red and Blue

Well it doesn't rule out Meltan it just means that Lycanroc won't be the strongest Pokemon on Ash's team. Or they could just have Meltan stay as it is

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Well-Known Member

meltan/melmetal could get oak'ed as a reference to his interest in the species in those videos with him and willow

8. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Mallow's a nice change of pace.
    But yes I do agree, she needs Ivysaur or something permanent. Don't let her be the only character to never catch something permanently....

The Ash stuff is getting old though, like if we were in gen 8 then this would be fine. But him bonding with three temporary Pokemon in the same saga is just ridiculous.... especially when it would be better spent filling his team with permanent additions or giving Torracat more focus.
    And I'm still not a fan of his first(And possibly only) Steel type being temporary.... took this long, whose to say he'll ever get another?

9. Zariful

Zariful Well-Known Member

Ash did get Roggenrola after Larvitar three generations later. So another steel or psychic type in the future is very possible.

10. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Yes, and Poipole was supposed to be different, it was SUPPOSED to be a permanent addition, because like you said, WHY waste time on Pokemon Ash is never going to use, and deprive time on Pokemon that Ash could benefit from.

I get Meltan......because if Ash catches it, if that was always the plan, or something they decided on when they first saw Meltan, then it makes sense because Meltan wasn't revealed yet, and thus they likely had to wait awhile before giving it to Ash.

But the whole Nebby thing followed by the Poipole thing followed by the worst case scenario with Meltan is always going to make me think they just don't care about Ash as a character, because you shouldn't be screwing up his Pokemon team, with a bunch of temporary Pokemon that mean ABSOLUTELY nothing in the long run. You just don't do something. Because it will always show (to me), that they couldn't bother to adapt ANY other kind of storyline to permanent additions to Ash's team, and thus they had to work with temporary Pokemon.

No sweet story of a Wimpod growing up and becoming a powerhouse within Ash's team (Ash gets the bug type Z-move for example), no Jangmo-o storyline of Ash raising a dragon that likes to battle becoming a really amazing Fighting Dragon Pokemon (with potentially that Z-move). All because they couldn't put the effort into it, and instead we got Nebby (which was fine because it wasn't a capture), but then it got followed up with Poipole who seemed like it was going to do something, but it turned out that it didn't, and it had no actual purpose or meaning to being on the episode, outside of showing off Poipole as a Pokemon advertisement to show off Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon (I guess).

And then there's the whole aspect of Ash not having a PROPER team change since Litten evolving because Poipole's existence is wholly irrelevant and has to be excluded, since it did ABSOLUTELY nothing with Ash outside of just being there. And then the whole ridiculous Lana getting Eevee bullcrap, which wouldn't have been BAD if they hadn't been screwing Ash over, every chance they could because they clearly didn't have any idea of what they were doing (at least waiting for authorization surrounding Meltan, I guess).

If Meltan isn't part of Ash's team, on a more permanent basis than Poipole, I will always scream and rage in frustration "WHAT IS THE POINT?"

Of course if Ash isn't getting Meltan in any way, then it's further proof that they just don't know what to do with Ash, which is nonsense. Maybe Executive Meddling is why the writers can't write Ash properly this series, but burnout isn't a justification to constantly screw Ash over with the most ridiculous of things, because they can't be bothered to actually give him a Pokemon team.

Which ignoring Ash for a moment, why the hell are they waiting for something to happen "Game Wise" before progressing the characters. Take Lana and Eevee, it took until Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee to give Lana another Pokemon because they just didn't want her to have Dewpider for some stupid reason? I don't know......I really don't know. And then of course Lillie and Mallow, multiple opportunities to actually do something with them, and yet wasted, it's like "Why can't you be bothered to do something with them?

Ignition likes this.
  11. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

Larvitar was never his, so is a different case.

12. Zoneman29

Zoneman29 Well-Known Member

But Ash not really catch Larvitar so Roggenrola was his first Rock type & Only Pokémon Ash end up likley to catch in rest of the Sun and Moon Saga are Pikipek Jangmo-o & probably Grubblin Alala Geodude too. Plus I agree in later Ash will catch Steel & Psychic types in later Gens slso the same Ghost & Fairy types too.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 10:02 PM
  13. Red and Blue

None of those options you listed are likely at this point. Aside from Meltan there is Goliosopod, but that's going to Guzma when he debuts

14. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

Meltan only learns 6 moves by level up: Headbutt, Harden, Tail Whip, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock, Acid Armor, and Flash Cannon. It also needs to evolve in order to learn its signature move, Double Iron Bash.

15. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I dislike the thought of Lugarugan being upstaged by a Mythical Pokemon however, which is why I'm against Meltan becoming Satoshi's new SM powerhouse.

16. Zariful

Nebby and Larvitar were both like in his care though until they had to depart. So I don't know what you mean.

17. Master Pikachu 11

Master Pikachu 11 Well-Known Member

I don’t think it will become Ash’s ace especially against Gladion. He will either use Lycanroc or Pikachu as his final Pokémon against Gladion. Also if he does take on Royal Mask then either Pikachu or Torracat will be the final Pokémon. Don’t be surprised when 10,000,000 volt thunderbolt reappears.

18. nickdt

nickdt Well-Known Member

If a Pokemon isn't caught, then it isn't owned by a trainer and as such doesn't count towards a capture.

If we count Larvitar and Nebby for Ash, we also have to count the Vulpix for Brock for example, despite him never officially owning it and as such it was never his.

19. Zariful

I’m just saying Ash took care of rock type and a psychic/steel type at one point in his life. And he eventually caught an official rock type. So it’s quite possible he’ll get an official steel type eventually.

20. ShadowForce720

ShadowForce720 Well-Known Member

Wait what? lol, No ,Vulpix did belong to Brock and he did officially own it, basically what happened is Suzie gave Vulpix to Brock because she thought he could take better care of it, and then later in Johto Brock does eventually give Vulpix back to Suzie however Suzie giving Vulpix to Brock still counted as Brock officially owning it just because he eventually returned it during Johto doesn't suddenly means that he never owned Vulpix.

Also if your going to try to argue that Brock didn't own Vulpix just because Suzie gave it to him instead of him catching it then by that logic May doesn't own her Blaziken and Serena doesn't own her Braixen and Ash doesn't own Pikachu because they never officially caught them and instead had the pokemon given to them by the regional professor.

Look while it's true that a lot of pokemon that are owned by trainers are usually caught it's also true that trainers can still own a pokemon if it was given to them by someone else.

Henry's Journey likes this.