• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Or when Ash sends Meltan over to oak for studying, oak will send him back a reserve that is itching to go and then Poipole Will come back to complete his team.

Red and Blue

Or when Ash sends Meltan over to oak for studying, oak will send him back a reserve that is itching to go and then Poipole Will come back to complete his team.
If Oak wants to study Meltan he can wait until Ash returns to Kanto. If anything he would insist Ash keep it on his team to test its battling capabilities

OgPokemaster93

I think Ash will keep Meltan until after the Series Concludes then sends it to Oak with the rest of his Pokémon that will go to Oak also by Ash keeping it on his team he can find out which moves it learns and it’s characteristics etc
I like the idea of Ash having to small Extremely Rare Pokemon that he finds ways to make them competent in battle it’s the Anime there stats mean nothing Meltan Probably will have moveset like

Headbutt
Thunder wave
Flash cannon
And protect

I can see it being cute and powerful after Ash trains it I’m thinking after the last Trail Ash will finish Pokémon school and begin a side journey devoted to training and getting stronger

OgPokemaster93

And what if they show off Melmetal the same episode Ash catches Meltan to showcase its evolution against team skull or team rocket after the find out about the discovery they form together and Ash is left with the only solo Meltan that didn’t fuse with the rest cause in the preview it shows a lot of meltan on the boxes

Last edited:

OgPokemaster93

Ash is not even mentioned in the summary and yet everyone is saying he will capture Meltan. Since James is mentioned, I want him to capture it.
(Eevee was caught by Lana btw)

Where have you seen the summary? Because they haven’t released a summary for that episode yet! Because in the capture episode they don’t even have a summary yet for it and mind you that the first meltan episode says that the meltan are making mischief at the Rockets headquarter and Pokémon school! Emphasizing that multiple meltan are present not just one

DragonKahuna

Dragon Master
Where have you seen the summary? Because they haven’t released a summary for that episode yet! Because in the capture episode they don’t even have a summary yet for it and mind you that the first meltan episode says that the meltan are making mischief at the Rockets headquarter and Pokémon school! Emphasizing that multiple meltan are present not just one

I am referring to the summary of the episode where it says that Meltan eat's James' collection.

OgPokemaster93

I am referring to the summary of the episode where it says that Meltan eat's James' collection.

I understand that but he eats stuff at the Pokémon school also or you just didn’t want to mention that? I don’t think team rocket needs another capture it wouldn’t get the proper focus especially not mythical just wouldn’t make logical sense how would they be able to show case meltan properly when Rocket gang doesn’t even show up or get major focus?

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Ash is not even mentioned in the summary and yet everyone is saying he will capture Meltan. Since James is mentioned, I want him to capture it.
(Eevee was caught by Lana btw)

I would love it if James gets Meltan
But it's not gonna happen

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
For the record I don't even like Meltan nor want Ash to get it, the odds are just in Ash's favor. It's not 'blind by hype' like Eevee was.
All the factors and evidence are in Ash's favor, not the others.
Not to mention Meltan is literally useless for all of them, least Eevee's going to obviously end up Vaporeon. Meltan doesn't help out with any of the classmate's goals or dreams

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
on one hand I wouldn't mind if he got meltan, on the other, i'm not sure about him keeping it, but for not for the same reason as past releases.

I know meltan would be a subject of study (I can already see Faba trying to get his hands on it ala Nebby ), and technically so would Poipole if it it was to come back and stay, and if Ash was to keep either of them and bring them back to Kanto, I could easily see TR (not the trio) trying to invade Oak's Lab after Ash heads off to the next region, and attempt to capture them for being rare and that would cause problems.

also, if Ash does get the thing I hope it evolves so it can have more versatility, I know it can be strong without evolving, but there isn't much it can learn without doing it either.

Last edited:

OgPokemaster93

on one hand I wouldn't mind if he got meltan, on the other, i'm not sure about him keeping it, but for not for the same reason as past releases.

I know meltan would be a subject of study (I can already see Faba trying to get his hands on it ala Nebby ), and technically so would Poipole if it it was to come back and stay, and if Ash was to keep either of them and bring them back to Kanto, I could easily see TR (not the trio) trying to invade Oak's Lab after Ash heads off to the next region, and attempt to capture them for being rare and that would cause problems.

also, if Ash does get the thing I hope it evolves so it can have more versatility, I know it can be strong without evolving, but there isn't much it can learn without doing it either.

I really don’t want ash to get Melmetal because if he loses in the league it would be a disgrace and a embarrassment!!! He needs to just have two rare species in Meltan and Poipole because if he loses with MelMetal just wouldn’t be realistic in my eyes

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I would love it if James gets Meltan
But it's not gonna happen
I could see it happening more so than Ash getting it.
The one meltan that is at their base eating James bottle caps is left behind from all the rest so it decides to travel with TRio, eating all their metal products. Ash and crew will have already given all the meltan they found to a professor for studying but this one gets left behind and ends up forming a bond with TRio...

I can hope :)

Henry's Journey

I really don’t want ash to get Melmetal because if he loses in the league it would be a disgrace and a embarrassment!!! He needs to just have to rare species in Meltan and Poipole because if he loses with MelMetal just wouldn’t be realistic in my eyes

Sorry but a team of Pikachu, Lycanroc, Rowlet, Torracat, Poipole and Meltan just won't cut it in the league, he badly needs a bunch of upgrades for example Incineroar and a possible Melmetal imo.

The writers can do whatever they want but it won't be realistic nor good writing he will advance to the final rounds of the league with his current underdeveloped team unless the Alola League is basically so rookie that Ash will curbstomp everyone until the top 4 or top 2 (final).

Status
Not open for further replies.