• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgPokemaster93

Sorry but a team of Pikachu, Lycanroc, Rowlet, Torracat, Poipole and Meltan just won't cut it in the league, he badly needs a bunch of upgrades for example Incineroar and a possible Melmetal imo.

The writers can do whatever they want but it won't be realistic nor good writing he will advance to the final rounds of the league with his current underdeveloped team unless the Alola League is basically so rookie that Ash will curbstomp everyone until the top 4 or top 2 (final).

No only evolution he needs is Terrocat to Inceneroar if you took the time to see my previous post you would have seen the team I predicted

Pikachu
Rowlet
Lycanroc
Inceneroar
Meltan
Poipole

How would let be underwhelming because in the Video games they have weak stats ? Anime has nothing to do with Games there stats are irrelevant if you think about the fact he has a ultra beast and Mythical is enough who cares if there small it’s not about Size it’s about there heart and how powerful there bond is in Anime! Or you forgot Melmetal just shouldn’t be realistic because if he got one it would be gone before the league he wouldn’t have a OP Pokémon in the League just for him to lose wouldn’t work

Last edited:

OgPokemaster93

Ash is still going to lose the league so his team doesn’t matter. With Poipole or Meltan he will still end up losing lol

Exactly so it makes more sense to give him Poipole and meltan instead of Nagandel and Melmetal because if he had the OP evolutions it wouldn’t make any sense for him to lose to anyone

ShadowForce720

Exactly so it makes more sense to give him Poipole and meltan instead of Nagandel and Melmetal because if he had the OP evolutions it wouldn’t make any sense for him to lose to anyone

I think your looking way to much into this, chances are the writers don't really care if you don't like seeing a Naganadel and a Melmetal lose at the league or if Ash winds up losing even though he has those 2 pokemon. If Ash's Poipole and potential Meltan are going to evolve into Naganadel and Melmetal then they will regardless of whether or not Ash wins the league and you complaining is not really going to change that.

OgPokemaster93

I think your looking way to much into this, chances are the writers don't really care if you don't like seeing a Naganadel and a Melmetal lose at the league or if Ash winds up losing even though he has those 2 pokemon. If Ash's Poipole and potential Meltan are going to evolve into Naganadel and Melmetal then they will regardless of whether or not Ash wins the league and you complaining is not really going to change that.

Like you said the writers could do what they want but just because you said that doesn’t mean Melmetal or Nagandel will ever belong to Ash but don’t talk to me about it just have to wait and see both opinions don’t matter it’s what the writers want to do just don’t see how any other Pokémon other then legandaries can defeat a Nagandel or Melmetal but whatever

ShadowForce720

Like you said the writers could do what they want but just because you said that doesn’t mean Melmetal or Nagandel will ever belong to Ash but don’t talk to me about it just have to wait and see both opinions don’t matter it’s what the writers want to do just don’t see how any other Pokémon other then legandaries can defeat a Nagandel or Melmetal but whatever

I don't see how this is an issue considering that if we look at the previous league which was the Kalos League Ash entered with his Greninja which could transform into Ash-Greninja which was so strong that it could one shot an Altaria(which had a resistance against Water type moves) with just one Water Shuriken, and could pretty much easily beat any pokemon that wasn't Alain's Mega Charizard X, Remo's Mega Garchomp, and Sawyer's Mega Sceptile(which although it did lose it didn't go down without a fight). So I really don't think Ash having a Naganadel and a Melmetal is really that big of an issue especially considering he is likely going to be fighting Gladion and the Masked Royal at the league.

Now I'm not saying that it's guaranteed to happen but I don't think you can really rely on the argument that oh you think it would make him op so that means it won't happen, which isn't really a sound argument. Will he have a Naganadel and a Melmetal at the league will just have to wait and see however I wouldn't dismiss it outright or say that it's unrealistic to think that he might have those 2 at the league.

OgPokemaster93

I don't see how this is an issue considering that if we look at the previous league which was the Kalos League Ash entered with his Greninja which could transform into Ash-Greninja which was so strong that it could one shot an Altaria(which had a resistance against Water type moves) with just one Water Shuriken, and could pretty much easily beat any pokemon that wasn't Alain's Mega Charizard X, Remo's Mega Garchomp, and Sawyer's Mega Sceptile(which although it did lose it didn't go down without a fight). So I really don't think Ash having a Naganadel and a Melmetal is really that big of an issue especially considering he is likely going to be fighting Gladion and the Masked Royal at the league.

Now I'm not saying that it's guaranteed to happen but I don't think you can really rely on the argument that oh you think it would make him op so that means it won't happen, which isn't really a sound argument. Will he have a Naganadel and a Melmetal at the league will just have to wait and see however I wouldn't dismiss it outright or say that it's unrealistic to think that he might have those 2 at the league.

Melmetal and Nagandel are more powerful Pokémon then any mega evolution including Ash-Greninja

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Melmetal and Nagandel are more powerful Pokémon then any mega evolution including Ash-Greninja
Even though Ash Greninja (and most Megas) has a higher base stat total than both of them? Simply being a Mythical/UB doesn’t guarantee you’re strong

D

Deleted member 384931

I dont know how to feel about Meltan. It isnt really a pokémon that would fit Ash personality wise. Wouldnt it make Ash too OP too?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Only melmetal could be considered around pseudolegendaries if we go by game stats, naganadel is too weak it has stats of 540 compared to AG stats of 640, so it is stronger than both of them.

DatsRight

There's something ominous about the fact Mallow has the two strongest Pokemon by games stats completely unearned. I hope Shaymin isn't just a cheap way for her to break the upcoming arcs without any real battling, even Ash's guest legendaries didn't do that.

Red and Blue

I dont know how to feel about Meltan. It isnt really a pokémon that would fit Ash personality wise. Wouldnt it make Ash too OP too?
We don't know anything about the personality of the Meltan from episodes 111 and 112 aside from that it likes to eat a lot. Ash can work with basically any Pokemon you give him.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
There's something ominous about the fact Mallow has the two strongest Pokemon by games stats completely unearned. I hope Shaymin isn't just a cheap way for her to break the upcoming arcs without any real battling, even Ash's guest legendaries didn't do that.
I'd like to point out that Shaymin is from Sinnoh.

Know what else is from Sinnoh? Tobias and his Darkrai.

Henry's Journey

Ash is still going to lose the league so his team doesn’t matter. With Poipole or Meltan he will still end up losing lol

So what? I still want his loss to make sense, I'm not asking for perfect writing, that never is going to happen but at least the league should be decently written, and with his current underdeveloped team Ash doesn't deserve to go beyond top 16 or top 8. (before someone says it, yes I know the writers can do whatever the **** they want but that doesn't mean people cannot complain and bash their decisions, then there should be no forums cuz what's the point?).

If he catches a Meltan I hope it evolves into Melmetal and Torracat should evolve too.

Ayush nair

Meltan and poipole is surely gonna be in alola league and ash might be in the finals in this league because meltan/ melmetal's extreme attacks and ashs first mythical catch i would be surprised to see this time ash wins alongwith a good score in graduation from school too

Zariful

So what do you make of the final movesets for Ash's team? Do you believe Lycanroc and Torracat are finished? Do you think Rowlet will learn some new moves. Do you believe Poipole will return and have a full moveset?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
So what do you make of the final movesets for Ash's team? Do you believe Lycanroc and Torracat are finished? Do you think Rowlet will learn some new moves. Do you believe Poipole will return and have a full moveset?
torracat is most likely done, lycanroc MAAAAAAAAAAY get thrash down the line, rowlet could get one or two more moves, and I have my suspictions about poipole returning, given they went out of their way to portray him as incredibly fast and didn't do much of anything with that

ShadowForce720

Lycanroc probably is unless it upgrades or replaces Bite with something, in Torracat's case that depends on whether or not it's going to evolve, if it doesn't then it's move set might be finished although it's still possible it could learn a new move, however if it does evolve then it will learn Darkest Lariat, as for Rowlet yeah I do think it's going to learn another move as I doubt that Seed Bomb is last move it will learn.

As for Poipole if it does return then yet I think it will definitely know some more moves besides Toxic and Fury Attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.