• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
Oh. Well, at this point even if Ash reclaims Poipole he's going to need another Pokemon since Ash has ALWAYS had at least six Pokemon in usage when he approaches the league.

He didn't in Kanto since he only took five Pokemon to the Sekiei League (his reserves didn't count since they weren't in "usage"). Who's to say he won't repeat himself in SM.

ShadowForce720

He didn't in Kanto since he only took five Pokemon to the Sekiei League (his reserves didn't count since they weren't in "usage"). Who's to say he won't repeat himself in SM.

Actually his reserves did count in the Kanto League as he caught them in Kanto and he did use Muk and Krabby/Kingler in the league, so if you look at every league even the Kanto League he has always had access to at least 5 Pokemon that were native to that region + Pikachu regardless of whether all of those pokemon were always with him after he caught them.

It's not rocket science to figure out that if Ash had gotten to the full battles in the Indigo league that Muk, or Kingler or maybe even Tauros would have probably been used to as the 6th member to his team, heck maybe even one of them would take Charizard's spot since Charizard was still disobeying Ash at the time although it's possible he still would have kept Charizard in his team for the full battles.

So trying to use the Kanto League to say that Ash won't have a full team of Pikachu + 5 pokemon that are native to the region or from that generation doesn't really help your argument as even in Kanto all the Pokemon he would use in the league would be from the Kanto region for obvious reasons.

Henry's Journey

Ash:

Pikachu
Rowlet
Lycanroc
Incineroar
Melmetal

I'd like to see him using reserves in the league (and Poipole to return but it seems unlikely imo).

nickdt

The reserves do count actually, since they are his (And if they are his, they are in usage). Doesn't matter if they are in the actual team. If they are registered in the Pokedex, they are eligible to be called upon. However, he cannot use released mons.

In theory, Ash would have been allowed to use Primeape in Kanto, because it was in training and not released, just like Charizard and Squirtle in Johto and Battle Frontier, Gliscor in Sinnoh and Goodra in Kalos, but unlike Poipole, Buzzwole and Stakataka, who are currently released (Only talking about the current regionals). In order for Ash to use the latter three, he needs to catch them to re-register them in the pokedex.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

If Gladion knows about Meltan before the league I hope he counters with Fire type Silvally. Silvally can also learn Flamethrower.

Ash-Greninja4life

Ash

Pikachu
Rowlet
Lycanroc
Inceneroar
Meltan (unevolved)
Poipole (unevolved)

I actually think Rowlet will evolve to at least Dartrix, Torracat should go full evolution and if Poipole does come back it could even return as Naganadel. Meltan should also evolve to Melmetal. Ash’s final team should look something like

Pikachu- Electric
Dartrix- Grass/Flying
Lycanroc- Rock
Incineroar- Fire/Dark
Naganadel- Dragon/Poison
Melmetal- Steel

No type overlaps, good cover but, I can’t see Rowlet evolving beyond Dartrix because it loses it’s Flying typing, even tho I know it can still fly and all.

OgPokemaster93

I actually think Rowlet will evolve to at least Dartrix, Torracat should go full evolution and if Poipole does come back it could even return as Naganadel. Meltan should also evolve to Melmetal. Ash’s final team should look something like

Pikachu- Electric
Dartrix- Grass/Flying
Lycanroc- Rock
Incineroar- Fire/Dark
Naganadel- Dragon/Poison
Melmetal- Steel

No type overlaps, good cover but, I can’t see Rowlet evolving beyond Dartrix because it loses it’s Flying typing, even tho I know it can still fly and all.

Don’t agree at all they won’t just ditch the Everstone that lives in his belly and Nagandel isn’t happening idk how you guys think that when it hasn’t even showed off any moves other then toxic and Fury attack with no training! meltan should stay a meltan don’t wish to see Ash with a Melmetal just can’t see the writers blessing him with a mythical that lacks cute marketing And small amount of focus I think Inceneroar will be the next evolution right before the league and that’s all! Melmetal will be showcased in a different way from my prediction other then being owned by Ash

ShadowForce720

Don’t agree at all they won’t just ditch the Everstone that lives in his belly and Nagandel isn’t happening idk how you guys think that when it hasn’t even showed off any moves other then toxic and Fury attack with no training! meltan should stay a meltan don’t wish to see Ash with a Melmetal just can’t see the writers blessing him with a mythical that lacks cute marketing And small amount of focus I think Inceneroar will be the next evolution right before the league and that’s all! Melmetal will be showcased in a different way from my prediction other then being owned by Ash

That's not a sure thing, consider that the writers specifically went out of their way to show that it is possible for Rowlet to be separated and also went out of there way to specifically avoid having Rowlet say that it doesn't want to evolve by coming up with the reason that it is holding on to the everstone because it helps it to use the move Seed Bomb, which is odd because if they don't have any plans on evolving Rowlet they could have just had it say that it didn't want to evolve and that's why it's holding on the everstone and yet they didn't do that, and instead didn't have Rowlet really give it's opinion on whether or not it wants to evolve.

If anything the Everstone is a training wheel for Rowlet to help it use Seed Bomb, and we've seen plenty of other pokemon using Seed Bomb without needing a item, so chances are Rowlet will get a little mini arc in a episode where it will lose the Everstone and will have to learn to be able to use Seed Bomb without the Everstone instead of continuing to always rely on it.

Also I like how you seem to think that just because you say that Nagandel isn't happening that somehow that's going to prevent Ash's Poipole from evolving into one, if Poipole returns will it evolve? Not sure, while it's not guaranteed to happen it's certainly is a possibility considering that there have been pokemon that have evolved without training.

Also if Ash is getting a Meltan then it evolving into Melmetal is a possibility, and also saying that you can't seeing it happen just because you don't want it to isn't really strong argument.

Last edited:

OgPokemaster93

That's not a sure thing, consider that the writers specifically went out of their way to show that it is possible for Rowlet to be separated and also went out of there way to specifically avoid having Rowlet say that it doesn't want to evolve by coming up with the reason that it is holding on to the everstone because it helps it to use the move Seed Bomb, which is odd because if they don't have any plans on evolving Rowlet they could have just had it say that it didn't want to evolve and that's why it's holding on the everstone and yet they didn't do that, and instead didn't have Rowlet really give it's opinion on whether or not it wants to evolve.

If anything the Everstone is a training wheel for Rowlet to help it use Seed Bomb, and we've seen plenty of other pokemon using Seed Bomb without needing a item, so chances are Rowlet will get a little mini arc in a episode where it will lose the Everstone and will have to learn to be able to use Seed Bomb without the Everstone instead of continuing to always rely on it.

Also I like how you seem to think that just because you say that Nagandel isn't happening that somehow that's going to prevent Ash's Poipole from evolving into one, if Poipole returns will it evolve? Not sure, while it's not guaranteed to happen it's certainly is a possibility considering that there have been pokemon that have evolved without training.

Also if Ash is getting a Meltan then it evolving into Melmetal is a possibility, and also saying that you can't seeing it happen just because you don't want it to isn't really strong argument.

I never said it wouldn’t happen I said I’m predicting that it won’t evolve and that they showcase Melmetal differently the. Just letting Ash’s Meltan evolve and the Everstone pretty much is Rowlet saying it doesn’t want to evolve because he rest it in his stomach I doubt the writers would just give him a Everstone for Rowlet to use its strongest move them ditch it! I think that would defeat the purpose of him even learning its strongest move to date just my opinion not a argument not here to argue just hear to state my logical opinion buddy lol

ShadowForce720

I never said it wouldn’t happen I said I’m predicting that it won’t evolve and that they showcase Melmetal differently the. Just letting Ash’s Meltan evolve and the Everstone pretty much is Rowlet saying it doesn’t want to evolve because he rest it in his stomach I doubt the writers would just give him a Everstone for Rowlet to use its strongest move them ditch it! I think that would defeat the purpose of him even learning its strongest move to date just my opinion not a argument not here to argue just hear to state my logical opinion buddy lol

No it's not, saying that Rowlet having the Everstone means that Rowlet said that it doesn't want to evolve is simply lying and trying to spread misinformation and no matter how much you try to deny it, it is pretty suspicious that the writers specifically showed that Rowlet can be separated from the Everstone, and instead of just saying that the reason why Rowlet is keeping the Everstone is because it doesn't want to evolve, instead the reason that was given as to why Rowlet likes the Everstone was because it helped it learn to use the move Seed Bomb.

As for needing the Everstone to use Seed Bomb, in all reality the Everstone in Rowlet's case is nothing more then a glorified training wheel and could even be a red herring, Rowlet has yet to proven that it has truly mastered Seed Bomb as it hasn't shown that it's able to use the move without the Everstone and before you try to say that it's not possible as the move specifically require an item, that is simply not true as every other pokemon that has used Seed Bomb didn't need an item to do it, and before you try to use Trumbeak and Toucannon using Seeds for Bullet Seeds as some kind of defense it's important to point out they were only using actual seeds so that they could make it easier for Rowlet to understand how to use Bullet Seed and back in Rowlet's captured episode they showed they could perform Bullet Seed without actual seeds.

So no it losing the Everstone would not defeat the purpose of it learning Seed Bomb as it would just lead to character development for Rowlet as it would need to learn how to use Seed Bomb without the Everstone as it was becoming to over reliant on the Everstone.

dman_dustin

No it's not, saying that Rowlet having the Everstone means that Rowlet said that it doesn't want to evolve is simply lying and trying to spread misinformation and no matter how much you try to deny it, it is pretty suspicious that the writers specifically showed that Rowlet can be separated from the Everstone, and instead of just saying that the reason why Rowlet is keeping the Everstone is because it doesn't want to evolve, instead the reason that was given as to why Rowlet likes the Everstone was because it helped it learn to use the move Seed Bomb.

As for needing the Everstone to use Seed Bomb, in all reality the Everstone in Rowlet's case is nothing more then a glorified training wheel and could even be a red herring, Rowlet has yet to proven that it has truly mastered Seed Bomb as it hasn't shown that it's able to use the move without the Everstone and before you try to say that it's not possible as the move specifically require an item, that is simply not true as every other pokemon that has used Seed Bomb didn't need an item to do it, and before you try to use Trumbeak and Toucannon using Seeds for Bullet Seeds as some kind of defense it's important to point out they were only using actual seeds so that they could make it easier for Rowlet to understand how to use Bullet Seed and back in Rowlet's captured episode they showed they could perform Bullet Seed without actual seeds.

So no it losing the Everstone would not defeat the purpose of it learning Seed Bomb as it would just lead to character development for Rowlet as it would need to learn how to use Seed Bomb without the Everstone as it was becoming to over reliant on the Everstone.

I don't see your point here.

In the context of the anime, it's not like having an everstone means its biologically bonded with the Pokemon. Hell when did we ever see Dawn's Piplup's Everstone, she just kept it in a "box" I believe, it wasn't a part of Piplup like it is with Rowlet

I don't know why it would matter if Rowlet was separated from the everstone, ESPECIALLY when they went out of their way to tell us that Rowlet actually liked the taste of the everstone. It just wasn't ANY good rock that helped Rowlet learn Seed Bomb, the writers went out of there way to not only say Rowlet LIKED the everstone (the taste of it), and given the whole plot point.

It would undermine and be completely useless to argue that the everstone was just some kind of training tool to help Rowlet learn Seed Bomb until it uses seed bomb without it.

Any decent rock, or even an actual evolutionary stone would've worked to be used up later. But there's no reason they went out of their way to MAKE it an everstone, which is completely THEIR choice if it wasn't to say "See Rowlet's never going to evolve."

Evolving Rowlet would make the everstone absolutely pointless because they get to choose when a Pokemon evolves or not, so why even bother letting it use a specific stone that is specifically used to prevent evolution if it was going to evolve later.

That kind of writing just seems absolutely dumb to me, that they would go out of their way to create an episode surrounding Rowlet, learning a move, with an everstone (no less), liking the taste of said stone, said stone PREVENTS evolution, only for it to later evolve and have it be like "We just decided to use this just as a training tool/item for Rowlet to learn an attack" when ANY other object would've just worked as well, and they could've evolved it whenever they did actually evolve Rowlet.

Now if you were to argue "they had to quickly explain why Rowlet wasn't evolving to the audience" maybe, I can see your point, but that completely goes against the countless other Pokemon that either took longer to evolve or didn't evolve at all, and they never got an episode "explaining to the audience" why said Pokemon didn't evolve earlier or at all. So I don't think they care that much, outside of more likely "We're not evolving Rowlet, period, here's an episode that shows we're not joking around, it's not ever evolving, stop bugging us about it evolving" or whatever the case was.

ShadowForce720

I don't see your point here.

In the context of the anime, it's not like having an everstone means its biologically bonded with the Pokemon. Hell when did we ever see Dawn's Piplup's Everstone, she just kept it in a "box" I believe, it wasn't a part of Piplup like it is with Rowlet

I don't know why it would matter if Rowlet was separated from the everstone, ESPECIALLY when they went out of their way to tell us that Rowlet actually liked the taste of the everstone. It just wasn't ANY good rock that helped Rowlet learn Seed Bomb, the writers went out of there way to not only say Rowlet LIKED the everstone (the taste of it), and given the whole plot point.

It would undermine and be completely useless to argue that the everstone was just some kind of training tool to help Rowlet learn Seed Bomb until it uses seed bomb without it.

Any decent rock, or even an actual evolutionary stone would've worked to be used up later. But there's no reason they went out of their way to MAKE it an everstone, which is completely THEIR choice if it wasn't to say "See Rowlet's never going to evolve."

Evolving Rowlet would make the everstone absolutely pointless because they get to choose when a Pokemon evolves or not, so why even bother letting it use a specific stone that is specifically used to prevent evolution if it was going to evolve later.

That kind of writing just seems absolutely dumb to me, that they would go out of their way to create an episode surrounding Rowlet, learning a move, with an everstone (no less), liking the taste of said stone, said stone PREVENTS evolution, only for it to later evolve and have it be like "We just decided to use this just as a training tool/item for Rowlet to learn an attack" when ANY other object would've just worked as well, and they could've evolved it whenever they did actually evolve Rowlet.

Now if you were to argue "they had to quickly explain why Rowlet wasn't evolving to the audience" maybe, I can see your point, but that completely goes against the countless other Pokemon that either took longer to evolve or didn't evolve at all, and they never got an episode "explaining to the audience" why said Pokemon didn't evolve earlier or at all. So I don't think they care that much, outside of more likely "We're not evolving Rowlet, period, here's an episode that shows we're not joking around, it's not ever evolving, stop bugging us about it evolving" or whatever the case was.

Then they could literally have just said that Rowlet doesn't want to evolve, I mean heck you bring up Piplup but when you look at the episode where Piplup got the Everstone they weren't shy about making it clear that Piplup didn't want to evolve, heck the whole episode was decidated to Piplup trying to prevent itself from evolving and making it clear that Piplup didn't want to evolve so it got an Everstone at the end to help it so that it would keep wasting it's energy.

You say that it would be dumb for the writers to create an episode where Rowlet use the Everstone to help perform Seed Bomb and then for it to lose it later and evolve and it being treated as a training tool but it wouldn't really be dumb, sure you might not like it but it's not dumb it's called a red herring which is basically where the writers try to convince one thing is going to happen but instead a different thing winds up happening instead.

Also you say that why would it matter if Rowlet is separated from the Everstone or not, yes it would matter because if Rowlet can't perform Seed Bomb without the Everstone then that would basically mean that all a opposing pokemon would have to do is destroy the Everstone or send somewhere where Rowlet can't reach it and then suddenly Seed Bomb becomes a basically a dead move at that point, because if Rowlet can't perform Seed Bomb without the Everstone that would mean that if something were to happen to the Everstone that Rowlet wouldn't be able to use Seed Bomb anymore.

Also this whole notion that a object is need for a pokemon to perform Seed Bomb is not true, because if you look at it all the other pokemon that used Seed Bomb didn't need any items to do it, it's a similar to how Pokemon that have mastered Bullet Seed don't need actual seeds to perform the move, and the only time a pokemon winds up using actual seeds for Bullet Seed is when it's either trying to learn the move, or if it's trying to teach a pokemon the move.

We could easily get a mini arc or a episode where Rowlet loses the Everstone and then Ash winds up having to help Rowlet learn how to use the move Seed Bomb without the Everstone, as it became to reliant on the Everstone, and before you try to say oh well Rowlet would never lose the Everstone, oh really I think it's important to point out that in the episode where Rowlet got the Everstone during it's 2nd battle against Hau's Dartrix when it got pinned to a tree by Dartrix and tried to used Seed Bomb Dartrix used Leaf Blade to knock the Everstone away from Rowlet and Rowlet didn't get the Everstone back until after the battle.

Now it is guaranteed that Rowlet will evolve? No, however as to why they picked the Everstone for Rowlet to use as a training item it could easily be a case of where they are using it as a red herring in that they are trying to make you think that Rowlet won't evolve but then plan on surprising you with it evolving.

Also if Rowlet isn't going to evolve then why not just have it explain in the episode that the reason why Rowlet likes the Everstone is because it doesn't want to evolve, I mean really why not just say that go out of their way to create a completely different reason that has nothing to do with evolution especially since it's not like when it came to Piplup's case they had any problem with having Piplup express that it didn't want to evolve heck they dedicated an entire episode for it, and yet when Rowlet obtains a Everstone they specifically avoid having Rowlet express any opinions on evolving.

I mean really if Rowlet is not going to evolve at all then what there to gain by having the episode where it gets the everstone specifically avoid Rowlet's thoughts on the idea of evolving.

D

Deleted member 384931

It is strange how silent the witers are about Meltan appearing in the anime. Normally they would promote it as hell.

Ash-Greninja4life

Let’s not forget that Ash’s Noibat only had 15 episodes as a Noivern before the league started, and in that time learned Boomburst upon evolving, Dragon Claw and Actobatics, went toe to toe with Alain’s Metang, and drew with Sawyers Salamence. We know Naganadel needs to learn Dragon Pulse to evolve, with Toxic, Venoshock and a cover move, Naganadel could be an awesome addition to Ash’s team. And the writers can rush development as much as they want, I know Noibat spent time as a Noibat but never had any battle experience bar the scrap with Team Flare in Terminus Cave

DavidD001

So Ash now has Steelium Z from winning against Hapu in a 1v1 [Pikachu vs Mudsdale].
Ash is gonna capture Meltan as the episode titles suggest which this means Ash is finally getting his first official Steel-type.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I wish Ash was getting Alolan Sandslash instead of Meltan since he's likely not keeping Meltan. Unless the "give to Oak for study" theory turns out true.

Same.
Plus Sandslash is just a helluva lot more bad ass looking, not to mention more interesting as well than a goliath blob.
Sucks his first Steel type will go bye-bye, who knows when he'll get another.... he's never gotten another Ice type after all >.>

dman_dustin

Same.
Plus Sandslash is just a helluva lot more bad ass looking, not to mention more interesting as well than a goliath blob.
Sucks his first Steel type will go bye-bye, who knows when he'll get another.... he's never gotten another Ice type after all >.>

Alolan Sandslash is pretty (nice blue coloring) BUT I think Melmetal would be a much more badass Pokemon for Ash, if only it looks like a very simplistic transformer that looks like it's going to hit like a truck.

I don't know if I could agree with Alolan Sandslash purely for aesthetic purposes. Especially since its ice type would kind of be wasted, and I feel it would defeat the purpose, since Alolan Sandslash should be focused more on its ice typing than its steel typing.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Alolan Sandslash is pretty (nice blue coloring) BUT I think Melmetal would be a much more badass Pokemon for Ash, if only it looks like a very simplistic transformer that looks like it's going to hit like a truck.

I don't know if I could agree with Alolan Sandslash purely for aesthetic purposes. Especially since its ice type would kind of be wasted, and I feel it would defeat the purpose, since Alolan Sandslash should be focused more on its ice typing than its steel typing.

In addition to that melmetal is mythical as well which mean sit would have atleast some OP level, though i dont think meltan will be evolving due to that since the power levels of this series is not that high like in XY series even though melmetal could be the only pokemon of ash's alola team who could fight gladion's silvally since pikachu should stay away from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.