• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Is that a bad thing? I mean, they're adhering to the 1 Z-Move per battle limitation, so that'd only really be a limitation in 1v1 battles.

nickdt

Is that a bad thing? I mean, they're adhering to the 1 Z-Move per battle limitation, so that'd only really be a limitation in 1v1 battles.

Yes and No.

Its a bad thing, because Torracat will most likely be the fall guy in every battle, because it cannot use a Z-Move as a finisher.

No, because it can show off its power without using a Z-Move and if it delivers a finisher (Read: Strongest opponent Pokemon), its stronger than any other regional mon if they don't do something similair.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Z-Moves aren't an automatic win button nor does it mean anyone who uses them in a specific fight will be the star of the battle.

Ash has defeated opponents with regular moves before.

OgPokemaster93

Z-Moves aren't an automatic win button nor does it mean anyone who uses them in a specific fight will be the star of the battle.

Ash has defeated opponents with regular moves before.

But the importance of Z crystals is the main focus of this series Z crystals = Badges .... so I think his last Z crystal after Steelium will be Incenroar’s Z crystal

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
But the importance of Z crystals is the main focus of this series Z crystals = Badges .... so I think his last Z crystal after Steelium will be Incenroar’s Z crystal
He can also get Poisonium, assuming that Poipole returns.

ShadowForce720

And again you only need 4 moves and he has electric type moves, has a normal type move and steel type move it’s not that deep Melmetal can’t really learn that many more moves then Meltan anyways TMs don’t count! Melmetal can learn 11 moves and Meltan can learn 7 ! And 7 moves Melmetal can learn meltan can already learn wowww four more moves he can learn! Lol

lol what? No, you can't just dismiss TM moves just because they don't fit with your argument, Meltan can learn 12 moves however Melmetal can learn 26 different moves and has more variety to choose from. Also Meltan only has 4 offensive moves to choose from why Melmetal has 17 offensive moves, if you look at no matter how you try to argue it the point of matter is that Melmetal can have a much better and more effective move set then Meltan can, and you trying to argue that Meltan shouldn't evolve just because you think it's cute means that your suggesting that Meltan should be held back just because of it's cuteness instead of evolving and being able to do a lot more in battle.

An interesting thing to note about the whole Poipole thing is I don't remember Ash and the others finding out the Naganadal they met was called a Naganadal and while they did not that it seems similar to Poipole was never pointed out by Ash or the others that Naganadel is the evolved form, and before you someone tries to argue that them saying Nagandel is similar to Poipole is the same as saying it evolves from Poipole, it's not.

Because let's be honest if you were shown a picture of a Luvdisc and a Alomomola and the only things you knew about Alomomola is that is a pokemon and that it is a pure Water type pokemon and that it is not from the same gen as Luvdisc as well as knowing that pokemon are able to evolve, but you weren't giving any other information about Alomomola not even it's name or the fact that it's a standalone pokemon, then chances are some people would mistake Alomomola as the evolution of Luvdisc all because Alolmomola looks similar to Luvdisc even though it's not an evolution to Luvdisc.

So the fact that Naganadel's name and that it's evolved form of Poipole was never even mentioned to Ash or the others could easily hint that, that wasn't the last time we would be seeing a Naganadel, heck maybe the reason they didn't have Ash and the others find out about that info is because they plan on having Poipole return and evolve into Naganadel and that's how Ash and the others find out Naganadel being the evolved form of Poipole and Naganadel is finally given it's name.

Last edited:

Zariful

So Z crystals I believe that haven’t been showcased yet are Ghost, Necrozma, Guardians, Decidueye, Alolan Raichu, Komoo-O, Psychic, Steel, Ice, Fairy, Poison and Bug. Please add on if I missed any. We know Ash’s Pikachu and potentially Meltan/Melmetal will probably use Steel. Lillie will use Ice when she gets her ring. And since Kiawe and Lana both got multiple crystals, Lillie or maybe even Mina could showcase Fairy. Plumeria will probably do Poison and maybe Ash+Poipole if it returns. Guzma will potentially do Bug. Depending on if Hau gets an Alolan Raichu, that’s possible. Hau could also get Decidueye’s crystal. Who do you wager Ghost and Psychic could go to? Do you think Faba could do Psychic? Not sure if Mew’s crystal will come through.

DatsRight

If Snowy evolves, I wonder if Lillie will get a last minute secondary to maintain a 'baby' to carry like Lana and Mallow.

MESS if Snowy evolves and Torracat doesn’t haha

Means little to me. If they don't evolve it usually just means they value their personality as it is. It was obvious by the time Lillie got an Ice Stone that Snowy was practically a blank slate.

Unless Snowy can suddenly clobber Torracat handily after evolving it doesn't skew things much.

Ayush nair

Why ash used pikachu in his final grand trial really they could have shown more powerful torracat or rowlet everybody knows that pikachu is more experienced than any other mons but why the story keeps pikachu in the centre everytime which overshadow is other highly battle mastered mons this is the only reason they had a drop in their trp levels
Kalos region was really great fun and frotic too with more focus on greninja rather than pikachu
But again in alola pikachu was used in
Melemele trial
Melemele grand trail
Ulaula trial
Poni grand trial
Literally 4/7 island challenge
Torracat was there in akala trial with one z move
Rowlet was there in 2 trial and 2 grand trials out of which 2 he was overshadowed by pikachu
Lycanroc was used in akala and ulaula grand trail which only is good
Lets hope from next generation onward ash will used pikachu in a controlled state so that other mons and their relationship with ash could be developed with usagr in battles

Ayush nair

Final team for
Ash
-Rowlet
-Lycanroc
-Incineroar
-Melmetal
-Poipole

Kiawe
-Charizard
-marowak
-Tortunator

Lana
-Primarina
-eevee

Lillie
-Ninetales

Mallow
-Tsareena

Sophacles
-Togedemaru
-Vikavolt

ShadowForce720

So Z crystals I believe that haven’t been showcased yet are Ghost, Necrozma, Guardians, Decidueye, Alolan Raichu, Komoo-O, Psychic, Steel, Ice, Fairy, Poison and Bug. Please add on if I missed any. We know Ash’s Pikachu and potentially Meltan/Melmetal will probably use Steel. Lillie will use Ice when she gets her ring. And since Kiawe and Lana both got multiple crystals, Lillie or maybe even Mina could showcase Fairy. Plumeria will probably do Poison and maybe Ash+Poipole if it returns. Guzma will potentially do Bug. Depending on if Hau gets an Alolan Raichu, that’s possible. Hau could also get Decidueye’s crystal. Who do you wager Ghost and Psychic could go to? Do you think Faba could do Psychic? Not sure if Mew’s crystal will come through.

Well in regards to Mew's Z-crystal we could potentially see Mew using it's signature Z-move in the upcoming CGI Pokemon Movie. As for Ghost it's possible that if Hau doesn't get the Decidium-Z that he could get the Ghostium-Z and then they could give the Decidium-Z to Ash if they wanted to go down that route. Also if Hau does wind up having a Alolan Raichu while he might wind up having multiple Z-crystals I don't know if they would give him multiple Pokemon exclusive Z-crystals for instance I don't know if they would give him both the Z-crystals for Alolan Raichu and Decidueye respecitively or if it's going to be a situation where if he gets one he winds up not getting the other Z-crystal. It's hard to say for sure since the only character right now that we have seen to use multiple pokemon exclusive Z-crystals is Ash who is the central main character so will just have to wait and see on whether or not Hau winds up getting more then one pokemon exclusive Z-crystal.

Although if Hau winds up getting a Alolan Raichu but the writers decide for him not to have 2 pokemon exclusive Z-crystals then if they give him the Decidium-Z they could give the Psychic type Z-crystal to him for his Alolan Raichu and if he winds up getting the Alolan Raichu Z-crystal then they could give him the Ghost type Z-crystal for his Decidueye. Although at this point the only reason I could think of as to why they wouldn't give the Decidium-Z to Hau is if they planned on giving it to Ash.

As for some of the other Z-crystals if they introduce Ryuki then I could see him easily having a Kommo-o that shows of it's signature Z-move, outside of that maybe Gladion could have one since although he has a Lycanroc he doesn't have the Lycanium-Z. Now as for Ghostium-Z and Psychium-Z I suppose if Hau one of both of those Z-crystals aren't used by Hau that maybe Gladion could get one or both of them.

Also I'm thinking that the reason why Mina didn't show of the Fairium-Z is because they plan on having Lillie get it by maybe doing the Fairy Trial.

As for the Tapus if we do see them using their signature Z-move it's either going to be with their respective Kahunas or in Tapu Koko's case it could have Ash be the one to help it use that Z-move. As for Necrozma I'm not sure if were going to see it's signature Z-move, now while it's possible that we might not see it I wouldn't go so far as to rule out it, because for all we know someone could say that "oh were going not to see Necrozma use it's signature Z-move" and then next thing you know a few episodes later we wind up seeing Necrozma using it's signature Z-move.

Really when it comes to some of the Z-crystal it's hard to say for sure who will get which ones because sometimes the writers throw curve balls, for instance before episode 108 people thought that Kahili or Ash would be the one to use the Flyinium-Z and yet next thing we know Kiawe winds up getting it and using it, and some people didn't think Lana was going to get Primarina's signature Z-move, and I don't think people were expecting Team Rocket to get the Dark type Z-crystal, so will just have to wait and see who the remaining Z-crystals wind up with.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Who I think are the options to show off the rest of the z moves:
Ghost-z will be acerola I think during the league and maybe kiawe or Jessie,
Poison-z for plumeria and maybe James or Ash,
Hau will use decidueye-z and raichu-z,
Ash will do steel-z obviously,
Bug-z for Guzma I think, not sure who else could besides gladion or potentially Hau,
Mina or Lillie or Lana for fairy-z,
Kahunas for Tapu z moves,
Necrozma will be Ash,
Mews will be in the movie coming up,
Hokkomo z will be used by gladion or hau.
I think psychic will be faba or hau.

Samurott

What do you think of these teams by the end of the SM series? I base some of them on what shows up in the ending.

Ash: Pikachu, Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Melmetal

Kiawe: Turtonator, Marowak, Charizard

Lana: Primarina, Vaporeon, Mantine

Mallow: Tsareena, Oranguru

Sophocles: Togedemaru, Vikavolt

Lillie: Ninetales

Red and Blue

What do you think of these teams by the end of the SM series? I base some of them on what shows up in the ending.

Ash: Pikachu, Rowlet, Lycanroc, Incineroar, Melmetal

Kiawe: Turtonator, Marowak, Charizard

Lana: Primarina, Vaporeon, Mantine

Mallow: Tsareena, Oranguru

Sophocles: Togedemaru, Vikavolt

Lillie: Ninetales
Oranguru? When was Oranguru hinted for Mallow?

DatsRight

It does feel like Oranguru was meant to be built up to something in the plot.

I'd rather Mallow didn't get handed ANOTHER OP Pokemon with zero work involved however. She already has a fully evolved man killer and a pseudo legendary.

ShadowForce720

It does feel like Oranguru was meant to be built up to something in the plot.

I'd rather Mallow didn't get handed ANOTHER OP Pokemon with zero work involved however. She already has a fully evolved man killer and a pseudo legendary.

I think you mean Mythical pokemon, because Pseudo legendary refers to pokemon like Garchomp,Goodra, etc. which isn't really the same thing as a Mythical pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.