• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
4 pokemon (5 if he catches Meltan) is not a complete team, and it's not concrete on if Poipole will return (albeit is the best option for Ash to get since he's already bonded with it as apposed to someone random they could've already given him.) and even if the latter came back and evolved, i'm still unsure if that could salvage this team.
To what end does he need a complete team? What is wrong with not having six pokémon with you? His current team is fine, it's fun. The ninja bird that can use Razor Leaf to hide and sneak up on foes, Torracat with Flame Charge, power, and determination, Lycanroc with a lot of power and speed through Accelerock, and Pikachu is stronger than ever before with Electroweb and Z-Moves.

ShadowForce720

You know after rewatching the episode with Dewpider in it I think realize partly what the writers have planned for it.That is if you look at the episode in English Subs you will notice that there are some interesting stuff mention mainly the comparisons of Dewpider being compared to a King and then it was said that, that would make Lana a princess since Dewpider "caught" her. Also towards the end of the episode and when it was questions as to what Dewpider is up to Mallow suggest that it is making a "castle" to bring Lana home to and Lana said that she would be the princess clad in a balloon.

Now at first it would be easy to think that oh the whole thing about Lana being a princess is just a joke, I think it might actually be foreshadowing events of a future episode, because while it's certainly true that the other characters and Mallow meant the whole thing about Lana being Dewpider's princess and it making a "castle" to bring Lana home to as a joke. However considering that at the end of the very end of the episode it showed Dewpider while it's building it's home in it's new territory that it still thinking about Lana and considering what was said about Dewpider's life style and it evolving, this likely means that while the characters meant what they were saying as a joke in all likely hood it's actually going to happen to a certain extent.

Now what I mean by this is basically one of Dewpider's goals after it evolves into Araquanid and has built it's nest will to be not only to gather other Dewpider but to come for Lana and to take her back with the intention of her living with it. So were probably going to get a episode where the Dewpider Lana met comes back at as a Araquanid to take her back to it's nest with the intention of keeping her there. This will probably lead to the main conflict of the episode where Lana doesn't want to stay with Araquanid and in it's nest but it's refuses to listen and tries to keep her there against her will, heck maybe it even took her there against her will.

Now it could also have Dewpider under at this point that would try to help it keep Lana there, which depending on how the episode turns out I could see it either going in the direction of Araqunid just being forced to give up on keeping Lana or it goes in the direction that winds up with Lana catching it. Now I don't know if the episode this would happen in would be the same episode Brionne evolves into Primarina in as those might wind up being 2 different episodes.

Now I know what some people are going to try to argue that "oh but the whole Dewpider being in love with Lana doesn't mean it will return as it was just a gag and not everything has to foreshadow something" however there is a problem with that argument and that is if Dewpider's crush on Lana was just a gag and that episode was going to be the only episode that we saw the Dewpider in then after the battle with Surskit(that evolved) that Dewpider that now has a new home would have gotten over it's crush on Lana and would just be happy about having it's new home.
However the fact the fact that at the very end of the episode when it shows Dewpider in it's a new home underwater building it's nest it is shown that the Dewpider still has a crush on Lana which means that it's not just a gag and likely means that yes the Dewpider is going to return and by that point it will most likely be a Araquanid.

Plus this wouldn't be the first time that something in a Sun and Moon episode foreshadowed a future event.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
OH MY GOD! This must been all the starters will evolve soon! Right...?

Seriously though, there's even more Shaymin merch. I wonder if it might stay around until soon before the end of the series, maybe before the Alola League, if it takes place before the end. Also, it's nice to see Mimikyu in the same piece of merch that includes Pikachu, Snowy, Nagisa and Shaymin.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Oh hey look, more merch.

The starters being fully evolved most likely doesn't mean much, but it's suspicious that Golisopod is listed with Gladion's main two Pokemon.
Well gladion will probably be highly involved in the guzma plot and gladion will take a beating from him by himself without Ash there to help. That’s why I think it’s there. I doubt gladion would catch a wimpod based on how it comes off weak. But now that I think of it, he got umbreon because it was hurt and got silvally because he felt bad for how it was being treated. Maybe he would feel sorry for a weak wimpod?

The starters would definitely be Ash , Lana and Hau imo. I think they’re setting up a plot to have the three fully evolved starters team up together in a fight against a threat.

Last edited:

bewearsus

OH MY GOD! This must been all the starters will evolve soon! Right...?

Seriously though, there's even more Shaymin merch. I wonder if it might stay around until soon before the end of the series, maybe before the Alola League, if it takes place before the end. Also, it's nice to see Mimikyu in the same piece of merch that includes Pikachu, Snowy, Nagisa and Shaymin.
I think Shaymin is going to leave on Mallows last episode.

And I would absolutely DIE if Gladion ends up with Gollisopod

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Decidueye is probably Hau's. It took Goomy only 10 episodes to become Goodra. If Bronze evolves before SM116, it will be the fastest evolving Pokemon that isn't a Caterpie/Caterpie expy.

EDIT: Specifically from 2nd to 3rd stage and also it will have to be before SM111, not 116 like I was thinking.

Last edited:

nickdt

I doubt that merch means much tbh. Golisopod with Gladion is the biggest surprise, although it can be Guzma's, since the Decidueye and Inceroar are most likely Hau's and Kukui's and the Primarina is obviously Lana's.

Vulpix still on their likely means Vulpix is not evolving any time soon.

DavidD001

I noticed something for the anime for the air dates in Japan for when each Region/Gen ended & the next Region/Gen began....

Gen 1 to Gen 2 = A week difference
Gen 2 to Gen 3 = A week difference
Gen 3 to Gen 4 = A two week difference
Gen 4 to Gen 5 = A two week difference
Gen 5 to Gen 6 = A three week difference
Gen 6 to Gen 7 = A three week difference

So if this is any indication then we might have a four week difference between when Gen 7 ends & Gen 8 begins for the anime.

So let's say that the Gen 8 anime starts a day before or after the Gen 8 games which could say come out in November....which means that possibly sometime early October is when Gen 7 anime could end...around maybe 4 weeks difference between the end & begin.

Last edited:

nickdt

Will Golisopod on the main cast even work though, because its ability isn't something the writers can bypass.

ShadowForce720

Will Golisopod on the main cast even work though, because its ability isn't something the writers can bypass.

If your responding to KenzeyEevee saying that he wouldn't be surprised if Gladion caught Golispod, then I think it's important to point out the fact that Gladion is not a part of the main cast, the only characters that are part of the main cast right now are Ash, Lana, Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophoclos, Team Rocket trio, and their pokemon(including pokemon that are actively traveling and staying with them despite not being officially own by them).

nickdt

If your responding to KenzeyEevee saying that he wouldn't be surprised if Gladion caught Golispod, then I think it's important to point out the fact that Gladion is not a part of the main cast, the only characters that are part of the main cast right now are Ash, Lana, Lillie, Kiawe, Mallow, Sophoclos, Team Rocket trio, and their pokemon(including pokemon that are actively traveling and staying with them despite not being officially own by them).

You have a point, but still, the question remains the same, is Golisopod gonna work during a league match, since the animation for the anime is obviously different from the games. Unless they make it a fodder mon who gets one shotted, the animation might be a slight problem, since we also don't see Dragon Tail being used as its supposed to be.

ShadowForce720

You have a point, but still, the question remains the same, is Golisopod gonna work during a league match, since the animation for the anime is obviously different from the games. Unless they make it a fodder mon who gets one shotted, the animation might be a slight problem, since we also don't see Dragon Tail being used as its supposed to be.

If Gladion does wind up having one at the league and it does have the ability then I could see Gladion using it's ability to his advantage by using it in combination with it's signature move First Impression and his other pokemon.

D

Deleted member 384931

If Ash winds up getting Meltan and Poipole back, then he has a BIG disadvantage when he fights a ground-type pokémon.

ShadowForce720

If Ash winds up getting Meltan and Poipole back, then he has a BIG disadvantage when he fights a ground-type pokémon.

It wouldn't be the first time most of his team was weak to a particular type I mean look at his Kalos team 4 of his pokemon were weak to Fairy type moves and 4 of them were also weak to Ice type moves(this is because of the move Freeze-Dry being super effective against Water type pokemon), and it seemed like Ash for the most part was able to get around those weaknesses. So chances are he would be able to get around a Ground type pokemon plus we don't know all the final move sets of the pokemon that Ash will have so for instance it's possible that if Ash gets Meltan and it evolves into Melmetal that it might wind up having a Grass or Ice type move.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
It wouldn't be the first time most of his team was weak to a particular type I mean look at his Kalos team 4 of his pokemon were weak to Fairy type moves and 4 of them were also weak to Ice type moves(this is because of the move Freeze-Dry being super effective against Water type pokemon), and it seemed like Ash for the most part was able to get around those weaknesses. So chances are he would be able to get around a Ground type pokemon plus we don't know all the final move sets of the pokemon that Ash will have so for instance it's possible that if Ash gets Meltan and it evolves into Melmetal that it might wind up having a Grass or Ice type move.
In terms of Grass or Ice type moves that Melmetal can learn, it can only learn Ice Punch and Solarbeam through TM.

ShadowForce720

In terms of Grass or Ice type moves that Melmetal can learn, it can only learn Ice Punch and Solarbeam through TM.

Actually it can also learn Ice Beam, so in terms of moves that it can learn that would be super effective against Ground type pokemon it can learn Ice Beam, Ice Punch, and Solar Beam all through TM. Which it wouldn't the first time a pokemon learned a move that is normally through TM.

Of course when it comes to Melmetal other then it most likely knowing Double Iron Bash as it is it's signature move, it's kind of hard to really know what the other 3 moves in it's move set would wind up being.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Not like it matters, I doubt we'd even see a Ground Pokemon in all honesty. XY pretty much avoided him facing Fairy and Ice types during the League, though granted we didn't actually get to see most his fights... that better not happen again. I'd love to see Kiawe's battles but not at the cost of not seeing Ash's fights. Especially with how little we've actually seen his Alolan team fight. Bad enough Noivern got cheated out of onscreen wins(Which he desperately needs to this date), that doesn't need to happen again. All of his Alola squad deserve to have one battle during which they shine at the League, the same should apply to every Pokemon during every saga. No more Noiverns or Goodra where all they do is draw or lose there.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

Ash can usually get around type problems pretty well, he's proven it many times, albeit some instances aren't as bad as others.

Not like it matters, I doubt we'd even see a Ground Pokemon in all honesty.

There's speculation Gladion might equip the ground drive to Silvally.

Status
Not open for further replies.