• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sun & Moon Pokémon Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaSalamence05

I know the following may be a reach.
I've been thinking about one thing about Tapu Koko and its connection to Ash.

We know that it gave Ash a Z-Ring as well as updated it to the Ultra Z-Ring. As well as Electrium Z

As well as its rivalry with Pikachu, I want to know does it know about PikAshnium Z and 10 000 000 Volt Thunderbolt and that's its test this entire time, as this Pikachu and this character is the only pair to use the specific Z-Move.

By my count its battled Pikachu 3 separate times all ending with Gigavolt Havoc.

After it tests the power of that specific special Z-move Tapu Koko asks to join Ash. (Yes this is a reach) and that could potentially be the last pokemon to join Ash's team. Who knows but the Z-Move information above does make some sense.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
If Ash winds up getting Meltan and Poipole back, then he has a BIG disadvantage when he fights a ground-type pokémon.

Yeah, I've been thinking about that while watching the Hapu Grand Trial episode. That's five out of six that'd be weak to Ground: Pikachu, Torracat, Lycanroc, Poipole AND Meltan.

The only one who'd resist was... Rowlett. Of all things.

Funny thing: Ground becomes super effective against flying in case moves like Smack Down or Gravity are used. It wouldn't apply to Rowlett because it's part Grass but it's quite curious the coincidence that Ash has all the types that Ground has an advantage.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

We know that it gave Ash a Z-Ring as well as updated it to the Ultra Z-Ring. As well as Electrium Z

As well as its rivalry with Pikachu, I want to know does it know about PikAshnium Z and 10 000 000 Volt Thunderbolt and that's its test this entire time, as this Pikachu and this character is the only pair to use the specific Z-Move.

By my count its battled Pikachu 3 separate times all ending with Gigavolt Havoc.

After it tests the power of that specific special Z-move Tapu Koko asks to join Ash. (Yes this is a reach) and that could potentially be the last pokemon to join Ash's team. Who knows but the Z-Move information above does make some sense.
Ugh I’d prefer that over Ash catching the stupid metal blob

ShadowForce720

Yeah, I've been thinking about that while watching the Hapu Grand Trial episode. That's five out of six that'd be weak to Ground: Pikachu, Torracat, Lycanroc, Poipole AND Meltan.

The only one who'd resist was... Rowlett. Of all things.

Funny thing: Ground becomes super effective against flying in case moves like Smack Down or Gravity are used. It wouldn't apply to Rowlett because it's part Grass but it's quite curious the coincidence that Ash has all the types that Ground has an advantage.

Actually, the only times Ground type moves are super effective against Flying type pokemon that are under the effects of moves like Smack Down and/or Gravity is when the flying type pokemon is a duel Fire/Electric/Rock/Steel/Poison type along with there Flying type however in the cases of Bug/Flying and Grass/Flying they will resist Ground type attacks, and in the cases of Pure Flying or Flying paired with any other type that is not Fire/Electric/Rock/Steel/Poison/Bug/Grass will take neutral damage from Ground type moves.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thanks. Maybe I misread when I saw about the effects of Smack Down/Gravity.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

I don't see Tapu Koko joining Ash's team for a league. They could fight together to fight some big threat to Alola or Melemele, but Tapu Koko has nothing to gain from joining the league, all it'd do is give Ash an enormous advantage. The island guardians are above that. They can help Ash train or with other things, but when it comes to battles for honour like that I don't think they'd interfere as it'd be unfair.

I do think Tapu Koko saw the potential in Ash and Pikachu to develop the electric Z-Move beyond Gigavolt Havoc and Ash's heroic nature, and I do believe that that is why it gave Ash a Z-Ring and Electrium Z, to get him going on that path. And that that's also why it swapped the crystals after Hala's trial and why it insisted on fighting Pikachu later on in episode 19. Tapu Koko also foreshadowed 10 million volt Thunderbolt several times in their earlier encounters by stealing Ash's hat and placing it on Pikachu for instance. I think it'll probably end with a final battle between Pikachu and Tapu Koko and it ending in a draw or something with Pikachu using 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt there.

OgPokemaster93

Pretty much everyone want, pal. I hope the next series deal better with his captures than the current one.

It be different if Torracat already got a good amount of focus but he still hasn’t battled in a trail or grand trail but consistently gets move upgrades he needs to evolve and be the 2nd heavy hitter with Lycanroc people insist on Melmetal but I think if that happens it will leave compared to Meltan I feel Meltan would be a permanent capture that’s the reason I prefer it not to evolve because Ash has already released to Pokémon this region and I would hate to see a 3rd becoming redundant

D

Deleted member 384931

I think people want that Ash catches a new pokémon because:
a) his current team doesn't get enough character focus (RIP Rowlet)
b) people think he will need six pokémon for the league

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It be different if Torracat already got a good amount of focus but he still hasn’t battled in a trail or grand trail but consistently gets move upgrades he needs to evolve and be the 2nd heavy hitter with Lycanroc people insist on Melmetal but I think if that happens it will leave compared to Meltan I feel Meltan would be a permanent capture that’s the reason I prefer it not to evolve because Ash has already released to Pokémon this region and I would hate to see a 3rd becoming redundant
Torracat was in the Grass Trial as a Litten

OgPokemaster93

Still, Torracat did not participate in a single Grand Trial. It hasn't done much of anything outside the Battle Royal.

You replied and said exactly what I was typing lol I agree I wana see what torracat can do instead of minor episodes give him more battles outside of Battle Royale even if it’s a sparring episode with Kiawe I need more Torracat focus it had the most potential as a Litten and now it’s just being left behind!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Still, Torracat did not participate in a single Grand Trial. It hasn't done much of anything outside the Battle Royal.

That was along time ago notice I said Torracat not Litten! Torracat has had minor focus since its evolution wish he could do more battling to justify my prediction for it evolving into Incenroar
Well aware but the achievements still count regardless of the form he’s in. And this is coming from someone who’s main joy in SM is Litten/Torracat.

D

Deleted member 384931

To be honest, I don't know if I can count Hau as a rival yet. He just appeared once and that didn't left a good impression to me. Considering we have roughly 30 episodes left, can Hau be a rival like Sawyer (and those look alike lol)

OgPokemaster93

Well aware but the achievements still count regardless of the form he’s in. And this is coming from someone who’s main joy in SM is Litten/Torracat.

Yeah but that was 100 episodes ago he needs some big time battles were he’s the main focus it’s been to long without 1 Torracat battle I want to see what it can do before it evolves I don’t just want to see it be in this stage for this long with no real battles then evolve just doesn’t seem realistic! That’s y I’m not so fond of Melmetal because they need to focus on Torracats development compared to Meltan! Meltan should be the Pokémon that’s like Gible a late capture small development but still effective Torracat needs to get his focus now it’s his turn to shine either in team skull arc or him against Mask Royale he needs his chance to shine

D

Deleted member 384931

Will Guzma even appear? I think it is the villan leader that took the most episodes to appear (unless Ghetsis appeared later)

Status
Not open for further replies.